PDA

View Full Version : Protein vs creatine intake

CreatineAD
11-05-08, 8:08 am
Im gonna cycle off my creatine for a few weeks and stay on my high protein diet. I wanted to know if taking 220g in daily would help me out as much as the creatine did.

NumeroUno
11-05-08, 10:38 am
Everyones protein intake is different. We could identify your protein intake if you listed weight and preferably lean mass.

-NumeroUno

GJN5002
11-05-08, 10:55 am
Protein and Creatine do different things. Two different animals if you will. If you eat lots of red meat you will still get some creatine.

Aggression
11-05-08, 11:18 am
The simple answer is: NO

Protein and creatine do different things.
If you have to choose one, stay with protein, but both are essential in building muscle.

Protein intake: 1.0-2.0 grams/lb body-weight

CreatineAD
11-05-08, 2:25 pm
Everyones protein intake is different. We could identify your protein intake if you listed weight and preferably lean mass.

-NumeroUno

I weigh 170 and have a bf of 15% and take in 220g per day

Aggression
11-05-08, 2:30 pm
I weigh 170 and have a bf of 15% and take in 220g per day

If 220g of protein/day is working for you, stay with it. Personally I'd keep the number a little higher myself, but w/e works for you. It also depends on what your trying to do. Culk/Bulk? I'm bulking right now and I, at 195lbs, try to eat at least 380g/day.

prowrestler
11-05-08, 2:33 pm
If 220g of protein/day is working for you, stay with it. Personally I'd keep the number a little higher myself, but w/e works for you. It also depends on what your trying to do. Culk/Bulk? I'm bulking right now and I, at 195lbs, try to eat at least 380g/day.

sounds good

hell, im experimenting with 2.5-3 grams of protien per pound of bodyweight. i dont reccomend jumpin in on the band wagon for that plan though.

Aggression
11-05-08, 2:41 pm
sounds good

hell, im experimenting with 2.5-3 grams of protien per pound of bodyweight. i dont reccomend jumpin in on the band wagon for that plan though.

Damn, thats a shit-ton of protein bro.

prowrestler
11-05-08, 2:41 pm
Damn, thats a shit-ton of protein bro.

dont try that one at home lol!

Aggression
11-05-08, 2:48 pm
dont try that one at home lol!

HaHa hell no I won't be trying that. I'd be going through a tub of protein every few days. I can only eat so much chicken and beef in a single day. I don't even know how u do it man (and by that i dont mean that its just crazy, i mean that i dont know how u physically do it! haha)

prowrestler
11-05-08, 2:58 pm
HaHa hell no I won't be trying that. I'd be going through a tub of protein every few days. I can only eat so much chicken and beef in a single day. I don't even know how u do it man (and by that i dont mean that its just crazy, i mean that i dont know how u physically do it! haha)

lol haha, we'll see. lots of whey/beef and chicken

CreatineAD
11-05-08, 2:59 pm

I want to up my intake its jus i go through whey like candy

Aggression
11-05-08, 3:55 pm
I want to up my intake its jus i go through whey like candy

Make sure you're getting in enough whole food meals. Don't rely on protein powder as your main source of protein. My own personal rule is to have the same, if not more whole food meals than shakes in a given day. I currently eat 4-5 whole food meals per day, plus 3 shakes.

GJN5002
11-05-08, 4:34 pm
lol haha, we'll see. lots of whey/beef and chicken

How do you afford it? Im figuring youre around 200lbs so that about 600g protein a day?

CreatineAD
11-05-08, 5:53 pm
Make sure you're getting in enough whole food meals. Don't rely on protein powder as your main source of protein. My own personal rule is to have the same, if not more whole food meals than shakes in a given day. I currently eat 4-5 whole food meals per day, plus 3 shakes.

I dont rely on powders, I eat 5-6 meals and 3 shakes daily.

Aggression
11-06-08, 2:18 pm
I dont rely on powders, I eat 5-6 meals and 3 shakes daily.

That's solid then man. Roughly the same way i split it up.

rayzer27
11-06-08, 7:40 pm
sounds good

Dam bro..you must shit like 10 times a day!!

prowrestler
11-06-08, 11:28 pm
Dam bro..you must shit like 10 times a day!!

no, only 5

hmmm

prowrestler
11-06-08, 11:30 pm
How do you afford it? Im figuring youre around 200lbs so that about 600g protein a day?

ya, we'll wait and see how money works out.

i work at a supplement shop so i save money on whey.

i buy my meat on special, all the time too