PDA

View Full Version : 1st cut....need help

codeezzz
11-05-08, 1:19 pm
Ok guys im going on my first cut after a few months of bulking and need some advice. Been reading the forums tons and have some ideas and put something together. Now my cardio and workouts are in-line. Im going to be staking: pak, m-stak, nitro, flex, and cuts along with ON 100% whey protein and prolabs glutamine. Im 5'9 193lbs with 14% BF and my goals are to increase muscle definition, hardness, bring BF % to 10%, overall definition while maintaining as much lean mass as posible.

6AM - 2 Turkey sausage, 6-8 whites 1 yolk, 1 wheat toast, 8oz 2% milk
7AM - 2 scoops ON 100% Whey, 6oz 2% milk 3.5g glutamine
9AM - Banana, peanut butter or Orange
12PM - Turkey burger, 1 piece of wheat bread, 1 cup of green beans
3PM - 2 scoops ON 100% Whey, 6oz 2% milk, 3.5g glutamine, banana or orange
5PM - 2 Chicken breast, 1 cup of green beans
7PM - Banana, peanut butter
9PM - 2 scoops ON 100% Whey, 6oz 2% milk, 3.5g glutamine

I have no problem at all altering this with any advice you may have. Also, some meals will be subbed out sometimes to add variety such as: Oatmeal at 6AM, 10oz sirloin or grilled fish at 12pm or 5 pm, bananas are my fav. fruit that why i eat them a lot, green beans for brown rice or small salad with FF Italian. Thanks guys! Codee

IronWilson
11-05-08, 2:06 pm
This might suck, I know, but get rid of the milk. Milk is bad when you are cutting. Also cut the meal out with just a banana and peanut butter. If that is when your scheduled meal is, have some protein and some fat. Fruit (particularly bananas.) as one of the last meals of the day is not a good idea. But all in all, you've got the right idea.

Aggression
11-05-08, 2:26 pm
This might suck, I know, but get rid of the milk. Milk is bad when you are cutting. Also cut the meal out with just a banana and peanut butter. If that is when your scheduled meal is, have some protein and some fat. Fruit (particularly bananas.) as one of the last meals of the day is not a good idea. But all in all, you've got the right idea.

Yup. Milk will kill you when trying to diet/cut down. Looks like your going to have to choke down that shake with plain ol' water! Make sure every meal has a good amount of protein.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=20725&highlight=critique+attempt

Hit up this thread. I documented my first cutting diet here, covering basicaly everything you need to know. good luck bro.

Wolfpack
11-05-08, 3:00 pm
I wouldn't consider a banana and peanut butter a "meal." Get rid of the milk. I think you need better food choices. Use oatmeal, brown rice, grits, etc instead of the fruit and bread. Use lean beef, chicken, white fish, lean turkey for protein.

codeezzz
11-05-08, 3:39 pm
I wouldn't consider a banana and peanut butter a "meal." Get rid of the milk. I think you need better food choices. Use oatmeal, brown rice, grits, etc instead of the fruit and bread. Use lean beef, chicken, white fish, lean turkey for protein.

Thanks for the replies already guys! Milk will be cut out and the bread will be replaces with grits and oats. Also, the banana and peanut butter wasnt a meal its one of my pre-meal snacks throughout the day. My meals are at 6, 12, and 5. When I take it the most protein minus my shakes: ie red meat, fish, chicken. Should I add another meal in there sometime like 9, 3 or 7? Good thread Agression gettin some info from it right now!

Aggression
11-05-08, 3:48 pm
Thanks for the replies already guys! Milk will be cut out and the bread will be replaces with grits and oats. Also, the banana and peanut butter wasnt a meal its one of my pre-meal snacks throughout the day. My meals are at 6, 12, and 5. When I take it the most protein minus my shakes: ie red meat, fish, chicken. Should I add another meal in there sometime like 9, 3 or 7? Good thread Agression gettin some info from it right now!

It all depends on you. I eat 7-8 meals a day, but I'm used to eating that way now. The biggest thing is to make sure your getting the target amount of protein. If you need 300g of protein, you can either have 5 meals at 60g each, or 6 meals at 50g each. Personally, I'd like to have more meals if time allows me.

Throw me a p/m if you need any advice bro. I jus went through my first diet, and I've gained a lot of knowledge I'm willing to share.

T-GUN
11-06-08, 3:18 am
Adding some Talipia or other fish would be good for you as well. You can never go wrong adding some omega 3's to your diet.

Juggernaut_Jones
09-16-10, 12:13 am
Yup. Milk will kill you when trying to diet/cut down. Looks like your going to have to choke down that shake with plain ol' water! Make sure every meal has a good amount of protein.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=20725&highlight=critique+attempt

Hit up this thread. I documented my first cutting diet here, covering basicaly everything you need to know. good luck bro.

Wow. Even Skim milk? I've never heard that–but hey, I'm here to learn!

Why is that?

IronWilson
09-16-10, 10:56 am
Wow. Even Skim milk? I've never heard that–but hey, I'm here to learn!

Why is that?

Milk adds calories and sugar that would be better spent on calories elsewhere when dieting. Other choices with the same amount of calories as milk will provide you with more energy and contain less sugar.