PDA

View Full Version : would this be overkill?

Dingo
11-05-08, 4:09 pm
I know the general consensus would be, no, surplus is great, but i've got a budget and i really dont wanna be pissin my money down the toilet.

I was thinking of mixing eaa nitro with glutamine ocr for intra workout (i know about intra aid). then taking animal nitro pwo.

I am 5'9'', 218lbs. Not sure on the bf%, but its not low, id guesstimate about 18%.
from all sources shakes and food im making sure to take in 200-300g's a day of protein and right now im "bulking" on brown rice, sweet potatoes, granola cereal (un-processed).

as stated before, i dont wanna overkill/piss away my money. supps are just that supps.

Enforcer
11-05-08, 4:18 pm
I know the general consensus would be, no, surplus is great, but i've got a budget and i really dont wanna be pissin my money down the toilet.

I was thinking of mixing eaa nitro with glutamine ocr for intra workout (i know about intra aid). then taking animal nitro pwo.

I am 5'9'', 218lbs. Not sure on the bf%, but its not low, id guesstimate about 18%.
from all sources shakes and food im making sure to take in 200-300g's a day of protein and right now im "bulking" on brown rice, sweet potatoes, granola cereal (un-processed).

as stated before, i dont wanna overkill/piss away my money. supps are just that supps.

Y not bro? EAA Nitro is a great product to take in during your workout. Nitro is a great way to cap it all off as well.

Dingo
11-05-08, 5:05 pm
Y not bro? EAA Nitro is a great product to take in during your workout. Nitro is a great way to cap it all off as well.

lol whats funny is that i almost im'ed you instead of posting a thread.
So ya really think i wont be just pissin cash away? Im not risking over saturation or whatever its called and end up havin excess flush away...

J-Dawg
11-06-08, 8:50 am
To prevent catabolism (and also inhibit cortisol production) and increase muscle protein synthesis, I think it's important to consume something with EAAs, a little PRO and some CHO intra-workout, the time that your muscles are actually performing the work load.

Dingo
11-06-08, 9:27 am
To prevent catabolism (and also inhibit cortisol production) and increase muscle protein synthesis, I think it's important to consume something with EAAs, a little PRO and some CHO intra-workout, the time that your muscles are actually performing the work load.

yeah, ive been usin nitro for a couple years now immediately post workout, carry my pack in my pocket and pop it after i set down my last dumbell.

got my order placed for 2 tubs of eaa nitro, 1 300g tub of glutamine and 1 more can of nitro.
I figure ill sip on the eaa nito/glutamine mix during my workout and pop the nitro caps post.

yes? no?

simpleguy
11-06-08, 12:17 pm
yeah, ive been usin nitro for a couple years now immediately post workout, carry my pack in my pocket and pop it after i set down my last dumbell.

got my order placed for 2 tubs of eaa nitro, 1 300g tub of glutamine and 1 more can of nitro.
I figure ill sip on the eaa nito/glutamine mix during my workout and pop the nitro caps post.

yes? no?

sounds good to me

Aggression
11-07-08, 3:19 pm

yes? no?

Sounds like a good plan dude. Just out of curiosity tho ... if you're buying EAA nitro and glutamine, why not just get intra-aid instead? I'm not saying what you're doing isn't right, I'm just asking.

Dingo
11-07-08, 3:35 pm
Sounds like a good plan dude. Just out of curiosity tho ... if you're buying EAA nitro and glutamine, why not just get intra-aid instead? I'm not saying what you're doing isn't right, I'm just asking.

price point vs number of servings, carbs, and then when you compare the 2 labels (they are very similar) nitro is supposed to be the "Human Muscle Protein Complex", where as intra aid is supposed to be a "performance blend" which would lead me to believe it would aid more with endurance and for lack of a better term energy. Im just worried about feeding my muscles while they work. I dont have an endurance problem, let me rephrase, i dont feel li have an endurance problem. oh yeah FLAVOR also, i fell in love with nitro g long long ago.

Aggression
11-07-08, 3:48 pm
price point vs number of servings, carbs, and then when you compare the 2 labels (they are very similar) nitro is supposed to be the "Human Muscle Protein Complex", where as intra aid is supposed to be a "performance blend" which would lead me to believe it would aid more with endurance and for lack of a better term energy. Im just worried about feeding my muscles while they work. I dont have an endurance problem, let me rephrase, i dont feel li have an endurance problem. oh yeah FLAVOR also, i fell in love with nitro g long long ago.

Ok, i figured it had to do with price v servings. sounds good man.

Dingo
11-07-08, 5:47 pm
yeah, i ordered 2 tubs of eaa nitro for 44$ i think, almost 1$ a serving, intra aid would be 64$ for 2 tubs (50 servings) about $1.3 a serving, all those .3's add up. kinda like buyin gas, its all gonna get you from point a to b, ones just a little better for a little more. atleast those are my thoughts.

Arnold Is Numero Uno
11-07-08, 5:55 pm
I would def use Torrent post w/o instead of nitro

Iceiktitan
11-10-08, 9:00 pm
ANIMAL EAA NITRO vs.UNIVERSAL NUTRITION TORRENT:

Product HighLights of EAA NITRO:
-35 Grams of Carbs
-2.5 Grams of Human Muscle Protein Complex (Leucine, Lysine, Arginine,Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Threodine, Methionine, Phenylalaine)
-3503 mg's of Pro Bcaa Complex:
*Lecuine
*Isoleucine
*Valine

Product High Lights of Torrent
-52 Carbs of Waixy-Maze Carbs
-20 Grams of Partially Hydrolyzed Protein Concentrate
- 8 Grams of Anti-Catabolic Leucine Complex
- 7 Grams of Volubolic Amino Blend (Glutamine AKG, Taurine, Citrulline Malate, L-Phenylalaine)
- 3 Grams of Creatine Complex

Why TORRENT WINS:
It has Creatine and Partially Hydrolyzed Protein Concentrate in it. Both of which in my opinion, you should have immediately after your workout.

As far as cost is concerned:

Torrent= ( Based off of 2 lb Container, Keep in Mind normal container is 2.27 lbs) 1 Scoop= 1.07 cents. Again keep in mind of the extra .27 lbs.
Eaa Nitro= (44 packs in a container) 1 Pak= 72 cents

*Think about the cost of adding protein itself or a protein/creatine supplements on the side into mix. Is it really cost effective not to have Torrent?
*Just my 2 cents brother.

"The Animal"

Iceiktitan
11-10-08, 9:07 pm
Pricing for Torrent: 1.99 a serving
Pricing for EAA NITRO: 92 cents a serving

Dingo
11-10-08, 11:57 pm
ANIMAL EAA NITRO vs.UNIVERSAL NUTRITION TORRENT:

Product HighLights of EAA NITRO:
-35 Grams of Carbs
-2.5 Grams of Human Muscle Protein Complex (Leucine, Lysine, Arginine,Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Threodine, Methionine, Phenylalaine)
-3503 mg's of Pro Bcaa Complex:
*Lecuine
*Isoleucine
*Valine

Product High Lights of Torrent
-52 Carbs of Waixy-Maze Carbs
-20 Grams of Partially Hydrolyzed Protein Concentrate
- 8 Grams of Anti-Catabolic Leucine Complex
- 7 Grams of Volubolic Amino Blend (Glutamine AKG, Taurine, Citrulline Malate, L-Phenylalaine)
- 3 Grams of Creatine Complex

Why TORRENT WINS:
It has Creatine and Partially Hydrolyzed Protein Concentrate in it. Both of which in my opinion, you should have immediately after your workout.

As far as cost is concerned:

Torrent= ( Based off of 2 lb Container, Keep in Mind normal container is 2.27 lbs) 1 Scoop= 1.07 cents. Again keep in mind of the extra .27 lbs.
Eaa Nitro= (44 packs in a container) 1 Pak= 72 cents

*Think about the cost of adding protein itself or a protein/creatine supplements on the side into mix. Is it really cost effective not to have Torrent?
*Just my 2 cents brother.

"The Animal"

yeah, i was considering torrent, bouncing back and forth, but im takin some time off of creatine for a few weeks. i ran outa storm 2-3 weeks ago, and im stll gettin pr's in the gym, plus ive dropped some water weight from the creatine so i look a little slimmer.
torrent will probably be my Christmas gift to myself/new years gift (if their's such a thing)

Iceiktitan
11-11-08, 6:19 am
Universal Nutrition / Animal make top notch solid products that are well worth the price. If I was in your situation I would opt to take Torrent. An early X-mas Gift seems to be in order.

"The Animal"

theharjmann
11-11-08, 8:45 am
hey guys,

i was gonna start up a new post, but from seeing the big dogs writing up on this thread i thought id add to this one!

Ive been training 2-3 solid years now...eating, training, sleeping...everything....put on very good gains....still going....use M-Stak/Pak religiously.

Since i started training, post workout i always do the following:

just before my last set, i will down 60g of sugars in the form of glucose. Then, after my shower i down 50g whey protein (used to be 40g but ive upped the dosage since i put on more muscle mass). THen an hour later i will have a big ass meal with about 35 protein in (usually eggs or beef)

I have NEVER taken EAAs. I have read a lot on the forum about nitro etc. What is the deal with them and are they worth the extra expenditure on them if i am finding glucose and whey absoluteley fine.

Peace

Iceiktitan
11-11-08, 3:16 pm
What are Essential Amino Acids?
-An essential amino acid or indispensable amino acid is an amino acid that cannot be synthesized by the organism (usually referring to humans), and therefore must be supplied in the diet.
-Eight amino acids are generally regarded as essential for humans: phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, isoleucine, methionine, leucine, and lysine.Cysteine (or sulphur-containing amino acids), tyrosine (or aromatic amino acids), histidine and arginine are additionally required by infants and growing children.Essential amino acids are so called not because they are more important to life than the others, but because the body does not synthesize them, making it essential to include them in one's diet in order to obtain them. In addition, the amino acids arginine, cysteine, glycine, glutamine, histidine, proline, serine and tyrosine are considered conditionally essential, meaning they are not normally required in the diet, but must be supplied exogenously to specific populations that do not synthesize it in adequate amounts.
-Estimating the daily requirement for the indispensable amino acids has proven to be difficult; these numbers have undergone considerable revision over the last 20 years

7 Muscle-Building Strategies for Guys (WEB MD)
"If you want to build muscle mass, the key is protein, protein, protein," says Karas. "Muscles are comprised of protein and you need the essential amino acids that are the building block of protein."

-With the above being said....My conclusion: EAA's are very important for you to take in. The amount of EAA's I cannot say because the research is simply not there yet. If whey and glucose work well with you stick with it. Or you could add EAA's by themself or EAA's in combination with your whey and glucose and see if you get better gains. Only you know your body and how you will react. It never hurts to try something new. You know the Universal/Animal line is solid so the an EAA Trial is definetely worth the money.

Sources:
^ Young VR (1994). "Adult amino acid requirements: the case for a major revision in current recommendations". J. Nutr. 124 (8 Suppl): 1517S–1523S. PMID 8064412, http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/124/8_Suppl/1517S.pdf.
^ Imura K, Okada A (1998). "Amino acid metabolism in pediatric patients". Nutrition 14 (1): 143–8. doi:10.1016/S0899-9007(97)00230-X. PMID 9437700, http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/130/7/1835S.
^ a b FAO/WHO/UNU (2007). "PROTEIN AND AMINO ACID REQUIREMENTS IN HUMAN NUTRITION". WHO Press., page 150
^ Fürst P, Stehle P (2004). "What are the essential elements needed for the determination of amino acid requirements in humans?". J. Nutr. 134 (6 Suppl): 1558S–1565S. PMID 15173430, http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/134/6/1558S.
^ Reeds PJ (2000). "Dispensable and indispensable amino acids for humans". J. Nutr. 130 (7): 1835S–40S. PMID 10867060, http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/130/7/1835S.
http://men.webmd.com/features/7-muscle-building-strategies-for-guys?page=3

What is the deal with EAA's and are they worth the extra expenditure on them if I am finding glucose and whey absoluteley fine.

Dingo
11-11-08, 3:54 pm
Universal Nutrition / Animal make top notch solid products that are well worth the price. If I was in your situation I would opt to take Torrent. An early X-mas Gift seems to be in order.

"The Animal"

naa, not early. im enjoyin the "off" cycle right now. and im lovin the eaa nitro.

Iceiktitan
11-11-08, 5:31 pm
EAA NITRO is a solid product. Glad you enjoy it!

naa, not early. im enjoyin the "off" cycle right now. and im lovin the eaa nitro.

theharjmann
11-12-08, 7:05 pm
thanks iceiktitan. i reckon i might treat myself to some EAA nitro.

I'm thinking of taking EAA Nitro just before my last set, and then 10-15 minutes later have a small whey shake (35g protein). Then about half an hour later have a big ass meal.

Any criticisms please let me know guys.

Peace

Iceiktitan
11-12-08, 7:45 pm
Sounds like a good plan as far as your timing goes for the supplements and whole food.

*I am always willing to help another fellow Animal out. Good to see you on the boards.

thanks iceiktitan. i reckon i might treat myself to some EAA nitro.

I'm thinking of taking EAA Nitro just before my last set, and then 10-15 minutes later have a small whey shake (35g protein). Then about half an hour later have a big ass meal.

Any criticisms please let me know guys.

Peace