PDA

View Full Version : heavy lifting

reyes2
11-05-08, 9:08 pm
hey guys, so it's been 3 months so far and i've had nothing but great gains with universal products. My question is i've been having some pain on my left shoulder and collar bone for a couple days now and don't know what's going on, I also have pain on my left leg near the groin. I've had 2 friends dislocate there shoulders due to heavy lifting. Animal pump makes me train like a crazy animal. should i continue to lift heavy? I just started taking flex in my stack, hopfully it'll help me out. what do you guys think?

AFTazz06
11-05-08, 9:12 pm
Buy Animal Flex, it will help protect your joints. Also you might want to ease up on the heavy lifting or try different excercises until you feel better, no point in getting a serious injury and then being forced months out of the gym. Always listen to your body not the weights.

Stovall
11-05-08, 10:30 pm
Buy Animal Flex, it will help protect your joints. Also you might want to ease up on the heavy lifting or try different excercises until you feel better, no point in getting a serious injury and then being forced months out of the gym. Always listen to your body not the weights.

What he said is the best advice. Lay off on the heavy stuff and see how you feel in a couple of weeks. Then work the heavy sets back in. Try to figure out if one or more of the execises is causing the pain. Then work around that.

Aggression
11-06-08, 10:59 am
What he said is the best advice. Lay off on the heavy stuff and see how you feel in a couple of weeks. Then work the heavy sets back in. Try to figure out if one or more of the execises is causing the pain. Then work around that.

x2

pmug0000
11-06-08, 4:20 pm

x2

I disagree. You're not gonna get anywhere if you're not challenging yourself. Find out what's making your joints ache - maybe bad form? Maybe your not warming up well enough? Start taking flex, stretching more, warming up better, and icing your joints if need be. But IMO lifting little girl weights when you can lift heavy is not the way to go.

Aggression
11-06-08, 4:34 pm
I disagree. You're not gonna get anywhere if you're not challenging yourself. Find out what's making your joints ache - maybe bad form? Maybe your not warming up well enough? Start taking flex, stretching more, warming up better, and icing your joints if need be. But IMO lifting little girl weights when you can lift heavy is not the way to go.

Dude all we're saying is that it wouldn't be a good idea to disregard the pain and continue hitting heavy weight. That can lead to serious injury. You're right, he needs to find out what is causing the pain. But until he finds out the problem and/or fixes it, it would be risky to keep pushing heavy weight. Lifting light for a week or two is better than getting surgery because he ignored the pain and blew something out.

AFTazz06
11-06-08, 5:42 pm

Lifting incredible weight doesnt make you a bodybuilder, working the muscle does. You dont always need incredible poundage to hit the muscle and make it grow. And lifting heavy weight while hurting can hinder your form and cause an injury.

Tiny
11-07-08, 2:28 pm
hey guys, so it's been 3 months so far and i've had nothing but great gains with universal products. My question is i've been having some pain on my left shoulder and collar bone for a couple days now and don't know what's going on, I also have pain on my left leg near the groin. I've had 2 friends dislocate there shoulders due to heavy lifting. Animal pump makes me train like a crazy animal. should i continue to lift heavy? I just started taking flex in my stack, hopfully it'll help me out. what do you guys think?

Back off a bit - sometimes you must train smarter instead of harder . . . IF you want to have some staying power and hang around awhile.