PDA

View Full Version : In-between meals?

sodapop
11-06-08, 8:30 am
I need some ideas for kinda discreet, easy in-between meals. I go to high school, so some of my teachers don't want me eating in class. But there's no way I'm gonna sacrifice gains for that. So, what can I bring to eat in between breakfast, lunch and when I get home? Raw oatmeal? Nuts? Any ideas?

I appreciate any suggestions!

Edit: Also, I plan on getting a shaker sometime this week. I was thinking I could bring some whey in that and get some milk at lunch to mix that up and drink it a bit after lunch or something. My Physics teacher has a fridge; he'd probably let me put the milk in there.

shizz702
11-06-08, 8:54 am
Protein shakes are your best bet. You can get a shaker bottle here:http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Shaker-Bottle/dp/B000UGX4AW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1225979360&sr=8-2

Throw a few scoops in it and you're good to go. You can even use water if you can't get any milk at the moment, though milk would be better.

Also, protein bars, fruit, nuts, sandwiches, sliced cheese, meat, and crackers.

If your teachers are going to bitch about eating in class you can even prepare extra small meals and just ask to use the restroom and eat in the bathroom. Let nothing stop your quest for strength and mass!

sodapop
11-06-08, 8:56 am
Protein shakes are your best bet. You can get a shaker bottle here:http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Shaker-Bottle/dp/B000UGX4AW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1225979360&sr=8-2

Throw a few scoops in it and you're good to go. You can even use water if you can't get any milk at the moment, though milk would be better.

Also, protein bars, fruit, nuts, sandwiches, sliced cheese, meat, and crackers.

If your teachers are going to bitch about eating in class you can even prepare extra small meals and just ask to use the restroom and eat in the bathroom. Let nothing stop your quest for strength and mass!

Yeah, I'm just gonna tryt o go outside and eat if they won't let me eat in class. I'm gonna go to GNC and pick up a shaker. Don't wanna wait for shipping! Haha.
I'll pick up as much of that stuff as I can.

Thanks a lot, shizz!

Elite
11-06-08, 10:17 am
Check out the huge array of ideas in the "Recipes, meals and more" sections here. Loads of recipes for easy to make protein brownies, muffins, flapjacks and bars. Ideal for your situation.

naturalguy
11-06-08, 10:30 am
How about protein bars? No shaker required

Dingo
11-06-08, 10:37 am
How about protein bars? No shaker required
bars and mixed nuts are your best bets for discreet in class snacks. if you have teachers that dont care you may just need to carry water(no need to keep refrigerated) with you instead of milk a shaker and some protein powder.

Aggression
11-06-08, 11:12 am
During my 3-hour classes in college, I'd just make a homemade weight gainer in my apartment and bring the shaker with me to class. A teacher/professor can't get mad at you for drinking a shake in class, its the same thing as drinking a bottle of water.

Dingo
11-06-08, 11:21 am
bars and mixed nuts are your best bets for discreet in class snacks. if you have teachers that dont care you may just need to carry water(no need to keep refrigerated) with you instead of milk a shaker and some protein powder.

i meant to carry water with the shaker and powder instead of the milk.

Dingo
11-06-08, 11:21 am
During my 3-hour classes in college, I'd just make a homemade weight gainer in my apartment and bring the shaker with me to class. A teacher/professor can't get mad at you for drinking a shake in class, its the same thing as drinking a bottle of water.

hey man, hes in highschool... diff ball game.

Aggression
11-06-08, 11:25 am
hey man, hes in highschool... diff ball game.

Yeah. you could just make the shake in the morning, and keep it in your locker until you need it. Might be a lil warm by that time, but hey, gotta do what u gotta do

Big Wides
11-06-08, 11:29 am
PB sandwhiches were easy to get down in a hurry and they taste good. Eat them right before class or inbetween classes while walking in the hallway.

J Wong
11-06-08, 2:02 pm
Last year when I was on that ridiculously strict keto diet (eating same time everyday at exactly 3 hours), I would end up in that bathroom in sociology right as class started chugging down a shake and having a quick tablespoob of peanut butter I had in my backpack... figured it would be strange to be sitting at my desk with a jar of peanut butter and protein (i don't like people asking me stupid questions).

But onto the foods you can bring... almonds are good, protein bars (sitting in school right now, and just ate one haha), the whey in the shaker like your gonna do, and sandwiches are also great. To add more calories to your shake, you can grind up oatmeal and put it in your shaker with your whey, it'll go down smoothly and you don't even taste oatmeal.

gitBig
11-08-08, 3:49 pm
PB sandwhiches were easy to get down in a hurry and they taste good. Eat them right before class or inbetween classes while walking in the hallway.

Deffinately make a little PB and J sandwich and slam it down man. Easy and cheap enough for a high schoolers budget. Don't be afraid to look like a freak when you eat it!!! Those other kids just don't understand dude.

stumblin54
11-08-08, 4:37 pm
Trail mix, almonds, jerky, protein bars/shakes, any sandwich under the sun to eat between classes, rice cakes, oreos, cupcakes, circus peanuts, brownies, cookies, and any and every idea already listed. You're a buck20, GET THE CALS IN!

Stumblin