PDA

View Full Version : My take on the Iron.

sodapop
11-06-08, 8:53 am
The pain lets me know I'm progressing. And when I think of how lazy and pussy I was living before, I wonder "Why?" If I live my whole life doing lazy shit because I don't feel like amounting to anything, where will I be when it's all said and done? I'll be exactly where I started, cause I won't have moved anywhere. And who the fuck wants to be where they already are?

But, the training isn't the hard part. The training, the iron, already, has become a part of me. It's what I look forward to every day. I hate off days - If I could, I'd be punishing myself everyday. But, with rest comes growth.

The eating - that is the hardest part for me. I shovel food down my face until I think I'll puke. And then I try to eat more. All in the name of "gains". As a matter of fact, I'm pissed the fuck off right now, because I had nothing to bring to eat today. As hard as it can be, I have a burning desire to put away as much food as possible - because I know what it will yield. If I eat like a monster, I'll become one. And that's what I'm fucking aiming for.

As much pain as possible. All for the sake of gains.

shizz702
11-06-08, 8:57 am
Good post bro!

You got the right mindset for this game and you are gonna get HUGE! Just keep doing like you are doing.

I enjoyed that post, so keep these coming.

If you ever get a chance check out my Iron diary, the link is in my sig, I think you will definitely be able to identify with it.

js71474
11-06-08, 9:38 am
You really sound like you are on the RIGHT road to some huge gains bro! Like the post and would like to hear more, keep them coming!

sodapop
11-06-08, 1:21 pm
Thanks for the feedback, guys!
More to come.

Shizz, I'm gonna definitely check out your Iron Diary. I just started reading "The Life" threads when I realized what they were. A lot of interesting and great writing in here!

J Wong
11-06-08, 2:04 pm
The pain lets me know I'm progressing. And when I think of how lazy and pussy I was living before, I wonder "Why?" If I live my whole life doing lazy shit because I don't feel like amounting to anything, where will I be when it's all said and done? I'll be exactly where I started, cause I won't have moved anywhere. And who the fuck wants to be where they already are?

But, the training isn't the hard part. The training, the iron, already, has become a part of me. It's what I look forward to every day. I hate off days - If I could, I'd be punishing myself everyday. But, with rest comes growth.

The eating - that is the hardest part for me. I shovel food down my face until I think I'll puke. And then I try to eat more. All in the name of "gains". As a matter of fact, I'm pissed the fuck off right now, because I had nothing to bring to eat today. As hard as it can be, I have a burning desire to put away as much food as possible - because I know what it will yield. If I eat like a monster, I'll become one. And that's what I'm fucking aiming for.

As much pain as possible. All for the sake of gains.

I was wondering where your bag of food was today when I saw you in the hallway. What happened?!

sodapop
11-06-08, 5:10 pm
I was wondering where your bag of food was today when I saw you in the hallway. What happened?!

Fuckin ran out of chicken, and trail mix, AND bananas!

J Wong
11-06-08, 5:31 pm
Fuckin ran out of chicken, and trail mix, AND bananas!

You better get some!

sodapop
11-10-08, 9:01 pm
With every tear comes an opportunity - an opportunity for rebuilding. What doesn't kill you(r muscles) will only make you stronger. Every push is a step to something bigger - something better. I know when I find myself crouched up under that bar that I'm breathing new life into my body. My body loves it - it lives for it, is fueled by it. I try to make myself sore, because I fucking love that feeling. I love walking up to a flight of stairs and thinking, "Fuck, this is gonna hurt."

With pain - with sacrifice, comes victory.

sodapop
11-12-08, 6:44 pm
This seems to be a common philosophy around here from what I can tell, but I just wanna put it down in my own words; my own interpretation.

You may have physical strength, which is, of course, what we're all aiming for. But, if you're benching 300 pounds and it's not killing you, how strong are you? It is, after all, a journey, not a destination. The pain of that last rep that has you unable to breathe is your strength. I may be gasping under my 110 pounds on that last set, but at least I'm gasping. One day I will be benching 300, and I'll be physically strong, but I'll still be lying up under 305 gasping for air. To keep going takes more strength than to quit, and if you quit at that 300, you're not showing any fuckin strength. I refuse to be weak - you can keep reppin out that 300 without even trying.

I notice people coming in to the gym, heading straight to the bench, repping some shit out, watching everyone else condescendingly, and leaving. That's not strength. That's the opposite - it's weakness. Weakness serves no purpose.

shizz702
11-12-08, 6:47 pm
Good post bro. It never ends, you have got to keep progressing and improving.

Cellerator65
11-12-08, 6:48 pm
never satisfied

sodapop
11-21-08, 8:55 am
Didn't want to start a new thread or anything for this, but I've been reading G Diesel's "Diary of a Madman", and I've got to say, that's some good shit. Loving it, and will continue reading it. Really inspirational; I'd recommend everyone read it.

sodapop
11-26-08, 2:12 pm
It's not a jump, it's a climb. It's not a hill, it's a wall. You've got to claw your way up, as they say. If you get lazy, you will fall. And you'd much rather be at the top of the wall than the bottom. Especially if you have to fall to the bottom.

sodapop
12-03-08, 7:56 pm
Little quote I thought up:

"Eat like a king, work like a slave."

:p

shizz702
12-03-08, 8:22 pm
Little quote I thought up:

"Eat like a king, work like a slave."

:p

Lol that's a damn good quote bro!

Put it in your sig!

wedge
12-04-08, 11:39 am
Didn't want to start a new thread or anything for this, but I've been reading G Diesel's "Diary of a Madman", and I've got to say, that's some good shit. Loving it, and will continue reading it. Really inspirational; I'd recommend everyone read it.

I reread the whole thing during a recent three hour road trip to NH with some friends. Read the whole thing on my Blackberry.

sodapop
12-09-08, 9:03 am
I seize time like a clock; like it was tangible
Hungry and fierce like a cannibal
'Cause before we were human, we were Animals
Now I enter a masochistic de-evolution
I am the problem, but I've got to be the solution