PDA

View Full Version : "Squats and Milk" worked for me.

JimmyZ
11-06-08, 11:03 am
Did 13 days of sqauts and milk. Started out low on squats at 225, ended at 290. Due to work I couldn't make it every other day but did this for about 5 weeks.

Hit a PR on rack pulls yesterday. Mid shin height, max pre S&M program, 435x5. Did 495x5 yesterday. I was happy.

Max off the ground is 435x1, pre S&M; gave up after the first one. So I'll be going for 495 in a couple weeks.

shizz702
11-06-08, 11:15 am
Nice, how much weight did you gain?

Sho
11-06-08, 12:33 pm
Almost puked doing the S&M routine last night... fucking intense man.

JimmyZ
11-06-08, 2:00 pm
Didn't gain any actually. Started at 245, ended at 245. I'd imagine I lost some fat and gained some muscle but I didn't eat like a horse either. Kept the usual mac's. Quads gained about 1.5" though.

powerhouse
11-07-08, 12:01 pm
i dont get it

shizz702
11-07-08, 12:12 pm
Did you drink the suggested gallon of milk a day? I don't see how you couldn't have gained weight if you did?

Tiny
11-07-08, 2:11 pm
Did you drink the suggested gallon of milk a day? I don't see how you couldn't have gained weight if you did?

This is why mere "bodyweight" is a poor indicator of "progress" - it alone tells you nothing. Ideally, bodyweight should be coupled with bodyfat measurements (with a caliper), THEN you get the whole story. If BF measurements cannot be obtained (no calipers, unfamiliar with the technique, whatever), then pictures can be a big asset.

shizz702
11-07-08, 2:13 pm
This is why mere "bodyweight" is a poor indicator of "progress" - it alone tells you nothing. Ideally, bodyweight should be coupled with bodyfat measurements (with a caliper), THEN you get the whole story. If BF measurements cannot be obtained (no calipers, unfamiliar with the technique, whatever), then pictures can be a big asset.

True you have a good point there.

JimmyZ
11-07-08, 2:43 pm
Whats not to get? That I didn't gain the 20lbs that everyone says I should. If I lost 15lbs of fat and gained 15lbs of muscle, well then I'd be about there, even at the same weight. I started my squats too low and the 290 was getting tough about rep 15 or so. I kinda half assed the diet part with the milk because whole milk doesn't agree with my stomach. I did up my milk intake but not to a gallon a day. Thats just absurred to me. I know it worked just from my DL, so thats enough for me to say that it worked.