PDA

View Full Version : Gimme Mass Baby

Anarchy
11-07-08, 3:37 am
Hey i need some help with my diet can anyone help me out it looks like this..

7am 6egg whites 2 whole eggs 50oatmeal(raw) and 50g cashews.
animal pak plus 1000mg vit c and 5g glutamine

9am full serving of realgains

11am 150g tuna and 50g(raw) green beans with omegas

1 pm 150g tuna and 50g(raw) rice and 50g cashews

3pm 250g chicken and 50g rice(raw)

5am fullsreving of realgains and a tablespoon of peanutbutter

6am m-stak
Train
Postworkout 2 scoops whey and 50g vitargo plus 5g bcaa's

Dinner 250g chicken and 50g beans(raw)

Before bed 1 litre of milk plus 1000mg vit c and 5g glutamine

this all equates ro 340g protein 340g carbs(fats included in that) and 4000 calories

I wanna bulk to around 110kg by Jan09 then start dieting to compete in my first competion.

Do u guys think this is ok? what changes can/should i make.
i train 5 consecutive days and take 2 full days rest.

any suggestions/criticism is welcome hit me straight up bro's!! and rememba...NEVA BACK DOWN!!!

Anarchy
11-07-08, 3:45 am
O and if any reps and or pro's could help me out on this too thatid fucking sweet!
I wanna compete so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joker-Roo
11-07-08, 6:05 am
O and if any reps and or pro's could help me out on this too thatid fucking sweet!
I wanna compete so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I am bulking I found when I took three days off I grew faster but thats just me.

What are you doing for cardio?

Andru

Mizzarler
11-07-08, 9:52 am
i would eat a lot more complex carbs, split looks good ive done that before works well, and my reps range from 6-20...

Big Wides
11-07-08, 10:31 am
Up the carbs, get more complex things in there like rice, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, egg noodles, pasta. I would also not reccomend training 5 days straight, I feel that you might not be giving yourself enough time to recover. Split it up into either a 4 day split or a five day one, but you need more rest during the split to grow. You dont grow in the gym, you do that outside the gym with your eating and resting. The main site under training has some real good splits if your interested, take a look and see which ones work for you.

Aggression
11-07-08, 11:27 am
Up the carbs, get more complex things in there like rice, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, egg noodles, pasta. I would also not reccomend training 5 days straight, I feel that you might not be giving yourself enough time to recover. Split it up into either a 4 day split or a five day one, but you need more rest during the split to grow. You dont grow in the gym, you do that outside the gym with your eating and resting. The main site under training has some real good splits if your interested, take a look and see which ones work for you.

Yup ... pasta is my main source of carbs now while bulking (barilla whole grain pasta w/ 7g protein per serving). I used to do a 5 consecutive day split, then i switched to a 3on-1off-2on-1off split and got better results. now i do DC training. I hit the gym WED/FRI/SUN.

gitBig
11-08-08, 11:57 am
Hey i need some help with my diet can anyone help me out it looks like this..

7am 6egg whites 2 whole eggs 50oatmeal(raw) and 50g cashews.
animal pak plus 1000mg vit c and 5g glutamine

9am full serving of realgains

11am 150g tuna and 50g(raw) green beans with omegas

1 pm 150g tuna and 50g(raw) rice and 50g cashews

3pm 250g chicken and 50g rice(raw)

5am fullsreving of realgains and a tablespoon of peanutbutter

6am m-stak
Train
Postworkout 2 scoops whey and 50g vitargo plus 5g bcaa's

Dinner 250g chicken and 50g beans(raw)

Before bed 1 litre of milk plus 1000mg vit c and 5g glutamine

this all equates ro 340g protein 340g carbs(fats included in that) and 4000 calories

I wanna bulk to around 110kg by Jan09 then start dieting to compete in my first competion.

Do u guys think this is ok? what changes can/should i make.
i train 5 consecutive days and take 2 full days rest.

any suggestions/criticism is welcome hit me straight up bro's!! and rememba...NEVA BACK DOWN!!!

Maybe try throwing some Animal nitro in before and after a workout. This has given me way better recovery and better overall gains. I took a one can and ran out for a couple of workouts until my new one arrived, and let me tell you I was feeling like shit without it. Once you try it you may never live without it. It's that good. Drink it with some grape juice or other fruit juice. Peace Bro.

Anarchy
11-10-08, 2:57 am
Thanks guys i really appreciate all the help. im gonna def split my training up! i noticed that i dont give myself enough time to recover fully.

again

Anarchy
11-10-08, 2:59 am
Thanks guys i really appreciate all the help. im gonna def split my training up! i noticed that i dont give myself enough time to recover fully.

again i really appreciate it! HEY BIG WIDES if i split my training what sorta muscle groups should i train together?? i really battle to get my shoulders to grow what shuld i do?

Big Wides
11-10-08, 8:48 am

again i really appreciate it! HEY BIG WIDES if i split my training what sorta muscle groups should i train together?? i really battle to get my shoulders to grow what shuld i do?

If you wanted to split it up then I would give this a shot:

Day 1 - Back
Day 2- OFF
Day 3 - Shoulders/tris
Day 4 - Legs
Day 5 - OFF
Day 6 - Chest/bis
Day 7 - OFF

cyingling
11-14-08, 12:00 pm
for me, putting on mass was tricky with the "tuna and chicken breast".. i'd go with beef.. 93/7 ground and flank or skirt or eye of round..

T o m m Y
11-14-08, 2:19 pm
Beef is where it is at!

get 80% ground beef and just throw it in the strainer and run hot water over it for a few mins,alot of the fat is gone it is pretty much 93% now,no sense paying double for 93%...

Fury317
11-14-08, 3:11 pm
Here's what I would do...

Beef for at least one meal, preferably 1 hr after your post workout shake. Speaking of post workout shake, drop the whey and vitargo adn go for Torrent with a pack of Nitro. Its teh best post workout combo period. Another thing that caught my eye is your vitamin C intake. Yes, vitamin C is inflammatory and thats all fine adn dandy, but taking 1g ALONG with Pak is entirely too much. There is such thing as an upper level tolerance for vitamins and minerals. It could cause some damage so back off the extra vit C and just stick with Pak.

And I saw you wanted a pro's input, if so, shoot them a PM or head to THEIR thread. they are too busy to search everyone's personal journey to make suggestions. cool?

good luck with your mass building, and future competitions.

hardworkE
11-14-08, 3:16 pm
Beef is where it is at!

get 80% ground beef and just throw it in the strainer and run hot water over it for a few mins,alot of the fat is gone it is pretty much 93% now,no sense paying double for 93%...

Is that method legit? If so that would be awesome to cut costs on beef...

Aggression
11-18-08, 3:28 pm
Is that method legit? If so that would be awesome to cut costs on beef...

Yes its a legit method. I've done it before. I cook up the ground beef, and then do this tactic. A lot of fat does in fact come off.

simpleguy
11-18-08, 3:53 pm
There is such thing as an upper level tolerance for vitamins and minerals. It could cause some damage so back off the extra vit C and just stick with Pak.

I disagree, only fat soluble vitamins are toxic... of course even water-soluble vitamins can cause side effects in extremely high dosages, but the Median lethal dose for vit C is estimated at around 12gr per kg, which comes out to be at almost 100gr a day for an 80kg man... idk who takes that much

there are also studies on this:

'Eight placebo-controlled, double-blind studies and six non-placebo controlled clinical trials in which up to 10,000 milligrams of vitamin C was consumed daily for up to three years, confirm the safety of vitamin C pills in excess of the RDA. [J Am College Nutrition 14: 124-36, 1995] Frequent allegations are made that vitamin C supplements may increase the risk of kidney stones, but are poorly founded. Additionally, the false notion that withdrawal from high-dose vitamin C may cause “rebound scurvy” has also been dispelled. While vitamin C increases the absorption of iron, it has not been shown to induce iron overload in humans. [Nutrition Reviews 57: 71-77, 1999]'

conclusion: even 10g of vit C per day for years are safe... so there's def nothing wrong with taking 2-3g

Fury317
11-18-08, 4:07 pm
I disagree, only fat soluble vitamins are toxic... of course even water-soluble vitamins can cause side effects in extremely high dosages, but the Median lethal dose for vit C is estimated at around 12gr per kg, which comes out to be at almost 100gr a day for an 80kg man... idk who takes that much

there are also studies on this:

'Eight placebo-controlled, double-blind studies and six non-placebo controlled clinical trials in which up to 10,000 milligrams of vitamin C was consumed daily for up to three years, confirm the safety of vitamin C pills in excess of the RDA. [J Am College Nutrition 14: 124-36, 1995] Frequent allegations are made that vitamin C supplements may increase the risk of kidney stones, but are poorly founded. Additionally, the false notion that withdrawal from high-dose vitamin C may cause “rebound scurvy” has also been dispelled. While vitamin C increases the absorption of iron, it has not been shown to induce iron overload in humans. [Nutrition Reviews 57: 71-77, 1999]'

conclusion: even 10g of vit C per day for years are safe... so there's def nothing wrong with taking 2-3g

Not sure where you got your info. Im a nutrition major at Ohio State and will most likely be an RD in the future. This is completely incorrect, upper level exist for water soluble vitamins as well as fat soluble vitamins. The tollerance is much higher but it can cause advese effects.

Fury317
11-18-08, 4:14 pm
Found where you found that simpleguy, hate to say it, but that source is bogus. Not reliable or respectable at all. Give me an article from the mayo clinic or an online medical journal and Ill buy it.

simpleguy
11-18-08, 4:42 pm
Found where you found that simpleguy, hate to say it, but that source is bogus. Not reliable or respectable at all. Give me an article from the mayo clinic or an online medical journal and Ill buy it.

usually I just google so that's how I stumbled upon that... :)

but really now, G Diesel said he's been taking 2-3g vit C daily for ages, and honestly I would doubt he's the only one on the planet... just because he's G Diesel doesn't have anything to do with this, and while I'm not so specialized in nutrition, what I ask you very seriously do you really think 2-3g a day of vit C can cause side effects?

Fury317
11-18-08, 9:21 pm
usually I just google so that's how I stumbled upon that... :)

but really now, G Diesel said he's been taking 2-3g vit C daily for ages, and honestly I would doubt he's the only one on the planet... just because he's G Diesel doesn't have anything to do with this, and while I'm not so specialized in nutrition, what I ask you very seriously do you really think 2-3g a day of vit C can cause side effects?

From what Ive read, G usually megadoses a lot of things. Now he's a strong mofo and a big dude. Im not one to judge, its up to him what he fuels his body with, but I would not be taking in that much vitamin C. Doctors and RD's have studied that right around 1g or 1000mg is where the side effects START taking place, and the more you take in after that the worse they will get.

Now, the human body is a fantastic piece of machinery. It will filter out A SHIT TON of that and a good percentage of people taking in mega doses may not experience side effects, or they have them adn dont even notice them. This is because of exactly what you pointed our earlier- it is a water soluble vitamin.

But, I just want the facts to be out there and let people decide for themselves. You can "overdose" on supplemental vitamin C. We're not talking side effects like brain damage, but uclers, heart burn, nauseau, along with excess iron absoption and taxation on the kidneys. Just stuff that healthy people should desire to stay away from.

Short answer to your question, yes I think 2-3g can, and will cause side effects in people, you just may be a lucky one who can tolerate that much.