PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure

Joker-Roo
11-07-08, 5:59 am
Mine right now is 142/80, Bottom is normal. This is since I got back into the gym and eating like a horse. I've been told to up my cardio from none (what I do now) , which isn't smart seeing the most important muscle in your body is your heart, to at least 3 times a week ( bulking).

Enough of that, just wondering if anyone else had that problem before and if the cardio help regulated your blood pressure back to normal, or close to it. I will be going for an Police Medical here shortly and don't want anything to come up on it saying I am un-healthy. 22 year old not accepted due to high blood pressure is not good.

I am currently only on creatine and weight gainer shake, about to start M-stak here soon (have done m-stak before and blood pressure has never flexed) So i am thinking its the Creatine and the high amount of calories with no cardio. Anyways enough rambling, somebody give me some in-sight. thanks

Andru

Carpe Diem P.T
11-07-08, 6:23 am
There is a term we use in the gym where i work and its 'white coat' syndrome. Peoples blood pressure tends to get a lot higher when they know its being taken.

get it taken a few times before you worry about it. I take a ton a day and they fluctuate quite substantially.

here is the heart foundation website. plenty of downloadable info.

http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/Heart_Information/Heart_Conditions/Blood_Pressure.htm?gclid=CP2Jq7j64pYCFQkiagodTSKAO A

Carpe Diem P.T
11-07-08, 6:33 am
'White coat syndrome' is the tendency of people to get a bit nervous when being tested in a doctor's surgery. It's when your blood pressure is high all the time that you need to worry.

IRBS
11-07-08, 9:22 am
Start some cardio 3-5 days a week and get your diet in check. You BP is high and you need to get it down. Hell, you are 22 years old, you shouldnt be having to worry about BP issues. And your BP could disqualify you from Police work, or any work that requires a physical.

Your Systolic (Big Number) is in Stage 1 Hypertension, Diastolic (little number) is Pre-Hypertensive.

You need to get this stuff under control. Bodybuilding goals be dammed, if your dead it doesnt matter what you look like...

Remember, this is as much about a healthy lifestyle as it is about getting jacked.

Dingo
11-07-08, 9:57 am
Remember, this is as much about a healthy lifestyle as it is about getting jacked.

Amen to that!

Cstlfx
11-07-08, 5:42 pm
Take a lot of sodium out of your diet. As much as you can. Make sure to take the pack, through in a potassium tab or two while your at it.

Cardio will help a little, but once again, diet is key. Make sure your bf% is lower too, as that can be a good cause of it. usually getting it around 20% or lower will help.

While your top number is high, this can also be due to any stimulants you may be taking, sodium, NO products you're taking, etc, etc. One thing you could try, is start taking a mild diuretic if you're really worried about it. Diuretics are one of the first medications doctors will give you for bp. I have High bp, and whenever I took Cuts my bp would go down, due to the diuretics in the supp. Dandelion root is a good one.

prowrestler
11-07-08, 7:41 pm
gereraly, when you take things that bloat you, your blood pressure goes up. so sodium would be a cause for that to name the most likley suspect. there are other things too..

dont worry about it fuck, its in the normal zone. lifters have a higher blood pressure naturally anyways. ask a doctor.

mustgetbig
11-07-08, 10:49 pm
its called isolated Systolic Hypertension its actually a very common form of high blood pressure you SHOULD go to a doctor ASAP i had this same problem 155/70 cutting out alot of my sodium and cleaning up the diet lowered it to 130/65....but you should go to a doctor dont take the chance

XIronAcesX
11-08-08, 1:10 am
I had great success with these to control my high blood pressure in the past. They aren't expensive and you could get these at your local store. I have no health insurance, therefore experimenting has led me to these supplements. You still need to check with your doctor because i'm not a health professional, but these have helped me a lot and I hope it will help you too.

ubiquinone(CoenzymeQ10)
Arginine
Magnesium
Vitamin E
Exercise

peace

IRBS
11-08-08, 7:33 am
gereraly, when you take things that bloat you, your blood pressure goes up. so sodium would be a cause for that to name the most likley suspect. there are other things too..

dont worry about it fuck, its in the normal zone. lifters have a higher blood pressure naturally anyways. ask a doctor.

It is not in the normal range...I have no idea where you got that info from, but you are wrong.

Like pro did say, go to your doctor. None of us are licensed physicians, and that is whos advice you need.

Make an appointment with your doc.