PDA

View Full Version : Will cutting hinder my ability to gain lean muscle mass?

Cartmanizm
11-08-08, 12:05 am
Hey,

I am 17, 182lb, 5"8. In 2 weeks time I am planning to go into an intensive 8 weeks of losing weight, since Christmas holidays are coming soon here in Australia. My goal is to size down to 154lb during that period of time. I am planning to go to the gym everyday for 6 days a week, to lift weights in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. I will also be taking Animal Cuts to make things easier.

My question is:
Is my weight loss goal achievable with the plan that I have outlined? Will I still be able to gain lean muscle mass while losing fat? For the weight lifting part, I am looking at a 3 day split, so each muscle group gets 3-4 days of rest in between. Will I still be overtraining?

Oh right and Ive been going to the gym for about 15 weeks now.

prowrestler
11-08-08, 10:36 am
Hey,

I am 17, 182lb, 5"8. In 2 weeks time I am planning to go into an intensive 8 weeks of losing weight, since Christmas holidays are coming soon here in Australia. My goal is to size down to 154lb during that period of time. I am planning to go to the gym everyday for 6 days a week, to lift weights in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. I will also be taking Animal Cuts to make things easier.

My question is:
Is my weight loss goal achievable with the plan that I have outlined? Will I still be able to gain lean muscle mass while losing fat? For the weight lifting part, I am looking at a 3 day split, so each muscle group gets 3-4 days of rest in between. Will I still be overtraining?

your not gonna add a gram of muscle on a diet that severe.

you plan on loosing alot of weight so im assuming your diet is gonna be harsh and lots of cardio. your not gonna be building muscle in that catabolic enviroment.

train each muscle 1 time a week with low volume on your cut to avoid over training.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-08-08, 10:40 am
Hey,

My question is:

My question to you is... Are your trying to get bigger in the future, or just cut weight now to look good for the holidays?... IMO.. your a tad young to be using animal cuts/ cutting weight. If you want to get big, then eat eat eat EAT your ass off then lose weight...sorry if it seems like i'm taking over the thread.

Cartmanizm
11-08-08, 10:53 am
My question to you is... Are your trying to get bigger in the future, or just cut weight now to look good for the holidays?... IMO.. your a tad young to be using animal cuts/ cutting weight. If you want to get big, then eat eat eat EAT your ass off then lose weight...sorry if it seems like i'm taking over the thread.

I'm thinking long term... I need to lose all these fats on my body before I really start tanking up. Gaining weight is not a problem....I don't even have to eat much. Losing my belly fat is though.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-08-08, 11:01 am
I'm thinking long term... I need to lose all these fats on my body before I really start tanking up. Gaining weight is not a problem....I don't even have to eat much. Losing my belly fat is though.

Well from personal experience, before i really started training seriously again, i was 6'0 roughly 250 lbs but it was a softer 250, i had some muscle mass but i had the big belly. Now i'm about 270lbs and a lot more solid than i have ever been. The gut has been going away, fat around the hips and thighs slowly going. I believe your body actually uses those fat storages for some energy and with the proper nutrition and training the fat ( belly) slowly goes away. I may be wrong, but look at all the pros in bodybuilding. a good number of them started out fat or chubby, and started training building off of it. If i were you I'd go through a mass bulking cycle, then start cutting off fats, more than likely you'll have better results from it. IMO

Big Wides
11-08-08, 11:03 am
Hey,

My question is:

First off Animal/Universal products are ment for those who are 18 and older. As for your training/cardio I would switch them. Do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach then train weights in the afternoon. As for training still train the same way as you would if you weren't cutting, keep the weights heavy, reps low. Getting cut is a directly related to how your diet and cardio routine is structured. Try for a 4 day split as well with the weights this will allow you to tax the larger muscle groups nicely and give them time to recover. I would post up your diet, training routine, and cardio routine so that all can look at it and offer more suggestions for you as well.

MojoMike36
11-08-08, 11:04 am
If its not a lifestyle you can live for a life time don't live it for a day.

Cartmanizm
11-09-08, 2:47 am
First off Animal/Universal products are ment for those who are 18 and older. As for your training/cardio I would switch them. Do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach then train weights in the afternoon. As for training still train the same way as you would if you weren't cutting, keep the weights heavy, reps low. Getting cut is a directly related to how your diet and cardio routine is structured. Try for a 4 day split as well with the weights this will allow you to tax the larger muscle groups nicely and give them time to recover. I would post up your diet, training routine, and cardio routine so that all can look at it and offer more suggestions for you as well.

Ok will switch my cardio for the morning....
So I go first thing in the morning, empty stomach and after cardio take my protein shake before breakfast?

Aggression
11-10-08, 12:24 pm
Ok will switch my cardio for the morning....
So I go first thing in the morning, empty stomach and after cardio take my protein shake before breakfast?

I'd hit cardio on an empty tank and then have a big breakfast. You can pop some Nitro after your workout, then eat a solid meal.

Anyway, i'd suggest just bulking up now. If you bulk up, while cleaning up your diet, you'll add size and trim away some of the excess fat. Just keep your food choices in check. You can easily build some mass while getting a leaner look, but that all depends on what you look like now, and what your diet looks like.