PDA

View Full Version : Carb Cycling?

N. Motta
11-08-08, 12:39 pm
hey fellas. searched and could not find any answers to this question...

cycling carbs; what are your thoughts on eating the same source of slow digesting carbs for almost all your meals? granted on paper, you are getting your ideal amount of them.

also, oddball question. do you lose any nutritional benefits from drinking raw brown rice in water?

simpleguy
11-08-08, 1:23 pm
hey fellas. searched and could not find any answers to this question...

cycling carbs; what are your thoughts on eating the same source of slow digesting carbs for almost all your meals? granted on paper, you are getting your ideal amount of them.

also, oddball question. do you lose any nutritional benefits from drinking raw brown rice in water?

question 1: I think while it wouldn't be perfect since different carb sources have different vitamins/minerals, it would work... that is, as long as you choose a good carb source (and oats are hands down the king) and you supplement with a good multi-vitamin and mineral supp such as animal pak, also consider some anti-oxidants

question 2: never thought/heard of that before, but try it and see whether you have problems digesting it... if you do, have your rice the normal way... LOL

N. Motta
11-08-08, 1:40 pm
thanks man. i don't know if its weird but when i finish a steak or a chicken breast and just dont have the mind set to eat a sweet potato i will opt for a shaker full of 1.5 or 2 cups of wet oats and just pound it. so much easier, but i think my gains will be limited if i always do that.

N. Motta
11-08-08, 3:49 pm
any other thoughts fellas?

thatdude111
11-08-08, 4:23 pm
My only source of carbs is oatmeal i eat oatmeal with 2-3 meals. I guess you should try to switch it up but it's not a big deal. Sometimes i'll have brown rice or wheat bread but basically all i eat is oatmeal for my carbs

jer
11-08-08, 5:10 pm
What ever works for you.

Nothing wrong with one carb source.

N. Motta
11-08-08, 6:19 pm
thanks for the thoughts guys. it's just so easy to pound 2 cups of oats. thats over 100 grams!

Aggression
11-10-08, 3:05 pm
My main source of carbs recently has been Barilla Whole Grain pasta. I eat that with 2-3 of my meals in a single day. It's a good source of carbs, and it also has 7g protein/serving. So i'm getting an extra 14g per meal from the pasta.

TheDarkHalf
11-10-08, 10:39 pm
Black Beans

1/2 cup yields

0g of fat
21g of carbs
7 grams of fiber
8 grams of protein

sanga
11-11-08, 3:38 am
You could work it out so you get the same amount each meal but personally I find pre/post workout to be the most important so would concentrate around these times along with maybe breakfast, I`ve done the following before-

Training day
Breakfast 50g carbs (oats0
morning prot/fats
Lunch pro/fats
afternoon pre training 100g carbs (oats)
sanga
11-11-08, 3:47 am
You could work it out so you get the same amount each meal but personally I find pre/post workout to be the most important so would concentrate around these times along with maybe breakfast, I`ve done the following before-

Training day medium carb day
Breakfast 50g carbs (oats)
morning prot/fats
Lunch pro/fats
afternoon pre training 100g carbs (oats)
post w/out shake with 80g carbs (2 scoops waximaize)
1 hr later steak with 30g carbs (potato)
3 hrs later iso whey with peanut butter

Non training day low carb day
breakfast 20g carbs (oats)
morning 20g carbs (oats)
lunch 30g carbs (potato)
afternoon 20g carbs (oats)
another 3 meals but all with pro/fats, no carbs

Higher carb days would be the same meals but with more carbs, I`d cycle days roughly as follows-

Day 1 200g
Day 2 100g
Day 3 300g
repeat

Thats just one way I did it, I have done-

Day 1 100g
Day 2 300g
Day 3 zero
Repeat

To be honest both worked to a degree but if I`m to drop any fat now it is straight onto keto, without a doubt the best method for me.