PDA

View Full Version : cardio on a bulk

al77
11-08-08, 2:59 pm
Need your opinions guys. I'm clean bulking, and I'm considering like 1-2 days of low intensity a week. The only benefits so far I know is to keep up your heart conditioning for the cutting season.

People are also tellin me it will help me keep some of the unwanted "fat gains" off, but if i'm bulking and doing cardio, I don't get how that works

Anyone know if I should be doin cardio?

IronWilson
11-08-08, 5:50 pm
yes, I don't believe in keeping away from cardio that much. It can help keep your heart in good condition. 2 low-intensity cardio sessions a week sounds good. Just don't go over about 70 minutes a week depending on your body composition. When I'm bulking, I sometimes do cardio sessions. But mostly what I do is if my buds want to go out and play basketball or football, I consider that my cardio. Thats always good.

Aggression
11-10-08, 12:29 pm
Need your opinions guys. I'm clean bulking, and I'm considering like 1-2 days of low intensity a week. The only benefits so far I know is to keep up your heart conditioning for the cutting season.

People are also tellin me it will help me keep some of the unwanted "fat gains" off, but if i'm bulking and doing cardio, I don't get how that works

Dude try searching this forvm. There were a few threads up here within the past weeks with the same exact topic/question.

To answer your question, I believe its important to keep cardio as a part of your regime during a bulking cycle. When you're putting on mass, your body has a tough time adjusting to the extra weight. Making a stop at the treadmill 2-3 times a week for low intensity cardio will definitely benefit your body.

TheDarkHalf
11-10-08, 10:28 pm
Yea man my body likes to pack on the fat, even from the cleanest of foods - I hit some low intensity cardio about 4x per week on a bulk.

Iceiktitan
11-15-08, 6:14 pm
Why do cardio during a clean bulk?

-helps with heart conditioning
-seems to help with muscle recovery

*Depending on your bodytype; you'd need to do either low,medium,or high intensity cardio 2,3,4,5 times a week. Play with it. See what works for you. If you gain fat easy on a clean bulk you might want to adjust your diet first and then the type and timing of the cardio.

Later bro.

sanga
11-16-08, 3:40 am
Dude try searching this forvm. There were a few threads up here within the past weeks with the same exact topic/question.

To answer your question, I believe its important to keep cardio as a part of your regime during a bulking cycle. When you're putting on mass, your body has a tough time adjusting to the extra weight. Making a stop at the treadmill 2-3 times a week for low intensity cardio will definitely benefit your body.

Spot on reply, I have nothing to add except that the cardio should be something low intensity like treadmill walking for 30 minutes at walking pace, or go for a walk around your area.

Rossini
11-16-08, 5:46 am
i walk to and from my gym every day 6 times a week, half hour each way? and i have a clean diet and am bulking? do i need to add in extra cardio session say a run twice a week or am i safe?

simpleguy
11-16-08, 6:23 am
The only benefits so far I know is to keep up your heart conditioning

LOL, that's a great benefit... you'll thank yourself on that 20th rep of squats that you can still breathe thanks to doing cardio

remember though, if your cardio is too low in intensity (like a low-pace walk) that won't really help much with your conditioning, you still gotta feel you're doing something

Iceiktitan
11-16-08, 11:36 am
I walk to my gym everyday (20 minutes there, 20 minutes back). Cardio won't do anything for conditioning unless it has at least some kind of intensity. Don't rely on that walk alone as your cardio because it might not do anything for conditioning unless you really push yourself. Just man up and hit the cardio in the gym brother. You'll be thanking yourself for years to come.

i walk to and from my gym every day 6 times a week, half hour each way? and i have a clean diet and am bulking? do i need to add in extra cardio session say a run twice a week or am i safe?

simpleguy
11-16-08, 4:01 pm
I walk to my gym everyday (20 minutes there, 20 minutes back). Cardio won't do anything for conditioning unless it has at least some kind of intensity. Don't rely on that walk alone as your cardio because it might not do anything for conditioning unless you really push yourself.

agreed... I walk 15-20 mins to the gym as well

Rossini
11-17-08, 2:30 am
yer i will... if its any conselation i got two big hills to clime each way lol well im off to push 180kgs on shrugs! laters! thanks for tha advice

JMC
11-18-08, 7:38 am
Def. recommend walking. I would walk for 45-60 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach if possible, after workouts as well.

RK
11-18-08, 5:33 pm
I like cardio on off days mainly due to the fact that it boosts my hunger levels and its easier to shovel food down my throat haha.But i do find it helps with more intense lifts (squating, deadlifting) Good luck with it, i know a lot of people hate cardio but once u get into it i dont think its that bad.