PDA

View Full Version : I want to train in AM. What to eat B4?

sin-city-customs
11-08-08, 10:43 pm
I want to train in the AM, 6:00, before work. Should I eat before I train? I take pump and it says not to eat or drink shakes. What do you guys suggest? Who else trains in the AM and how do you do it? (eating and supps)

Thanks

zanderfever
11-08-08, 10:54 pm
ALWAYS eat before a weight session. Pump may be slightly better supp wise if you take it on an empty stomach, but overall food is number one without a doubt. If I were you I would wake up at a minimum of 1 hour before training and have a huge meal. Preferably, I would wake up 3 hours prior and put in 3 meals (which is what I do for my Sat/Sun 9 am workouts)

As for what to eat, complex carbs, natty pb, and a good protein source is a good place to start. I always try to get brown rice, chicken, and natty pb before my workouts.

minime_moomey
11-09-08, 11:14 am
I workout at 5:15 every morning. I would prefer to get up early enough to have a meal prior, but for me that just isnt really an option. I get up and have a protein shake about 30 minutes prior to lifting and then eat a huge PWO meal. It may not be the most preferred way of doing it, but it works for my schedule.

simpleguy
11-09-08, 11:58 am
I workout at 5:15 every morning. I would prefer to get up early enough to have a meal prior, but for me that just isnt really an option. I get up and have a protein shake about 30 minutes prior to lifting and then eat a huge PWO meal. It may not be the most preferred way of doing it, but it works for my schedule.

I def agree, don't sacrifice hours of sleep...

get up say at 5.15-5.20, down a shake such as Real Gains or blend some oats, whey, and a banana

have your pump 20 mins before you train, then have a big pwo meal after you train

sin-city-customs
11-09-08, 6:56 pm
Thanks for the advice. I will try the ground oats, protein and banana.

Dave

J Wong
11-09-08, 7:45 pm
Thanks for the advice. I will try the ground oats, protein and banana.

Dave

That is exactly what I am going to do before my 530am workout tomorrow.

Feel The Power
11-10-08, 12:09 pm
x2. I do the exact same thing.

Aggression
11-10-08, 12:11 pm
Eating is crucial before a workout bro, even if it's just a shake mixed with some oats.