PDA

View Full Version : 4 Part wall curl-TRULY BRUTAL

Pizzalamp
11-09-08, 8:05 pm
I tried this exercise from the new issue of Muscle and Fitness, and it gave me one of the best pumps in a long time.
Be prepared to use very light weight for this...I began with 15lbs and had to drop to 10lbs half way through!!

Hold a pair of dumbbells at your side and lean back against a wall placing your feet about 3 feet in front of you. Allow your arms to hang straight at your sides.

Curl the weight toward your shoulders keeping your elbows back and palms facing forward the whole time. Do 25 reps.

After the first 25 reps, shift feet back about 6 inches. Do another 25 reps.

Then move your feet back again, do another 25 reps.

Finish off with another 25 reps standing up straight against the wall with your feet directly underneath you.

Carpe Diem P.T
11-09-08, 9:37 pm
will give that a try

Cstlfx
11-09-08, 10:12 pm
I think 100 reps in a row would be hard no matter what position you're in. Thats brutal.

JimmyZ
11-10-08, 12:04 pm
So you're doing rev db curls essentially? Just checkin.

BaseballMonster
11-10-08, 12:31 pm
been there done that.....

IRN-NML
11-10-08, 12:35 pm
If you're squatting down as if sitting on an imaginary chair; then yes, I remember these back in the '80s; prison curls was one name given. I'd just just the barbell for starters & yes, they're not easy. If the gym isn't crowded and you've got a wall w/o mirrors they're a good thing to try. Thx for the reminder!

Pizzalamp
11-10-08, 12:57 pm
So you're doing rev db curls essentially? Just checkin.

no youre not

Psycho77
11-10-08, 9:26 pm
been there done that.....

x2

jeff00z28
11-10-08, 11:06 pm
i might try that tomorrow since i missed my triweekly sets of curls i do and dont have time to make it to the gym tomorrow but have 15s, 20s, and 30s at home

JimmyZ
11-11-08, 4:06 pm
no youre not

Nice answer...can you be a little more descriptive then. If palms are facing forward, i.e. away from you, then essentially it is a rev db curl correct?

Cstlfx
11-11-08, 8:11 pm
Nice answer...can you be a little more descriptive then. If palms are facing forward, i.e. away from you, then essentially it is a rev db curl correct?

It seems a little confusing to me, but he said to keep your palms forward the whole time. This would mean at the bottom you would have an underhand grip, where as at the top you'd have an overhand grip, in other words a rotation in the middle.

But thats what I got from it, I could be wrong. Plus, I didnt see the M+F article.

Pizzalamp
11-11-08, 11:23 pm

It seems a little confusing to me, but he said to keep your palms forward the whole time. This would mean at the bottom you would have an underhand grip, where as at the top you'd have an overhand grip, in other words a rotation in the middle.

But thats what I got from it, I could be wrong. Plus, I didnt see the M+F article.

ooooo i get what u guys are saying now...my bad ... at the bottom youre in an underhand grip and at the top your palms are facing u...so just curl your palms toward your shoulder the whole time...dont put the dumbells at your side at the bottom and dont turn your palms toward u at bottom

joe-yamma
11-12-08, 12:43 am
just putting your back against the wall and holding it there while doing curls (bb or db)
makes them considerably more difficult because you are taking momentum, swing, etc out of the movement.

sounds like this is a cross between that and "drag curls"

Google "drag curls"... they sounds easy, but they aren't.
they will also give you a crazy pump.

JimmyZ
11-12-08, 7:34 am
ooooo i get what u guys are saying now...my bad ... at the bottom youre in an underhand grip and at the top your palms are facing u...so just curl your palms toward your shoulder the whole time...dont put the dumbells at your side at the bottom and dont turn your palms toward u at bottom

Much better.

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 9:56 am
I've found that doing variations on this work great for a pump in the arms. I usually start off with 20lb DBs, and crank out 3 different curls in one circuit with no rest between types of curls. Do this 3 times.

Aggression
11-12-08, 3:58 pm
Trying something completely foreign will always result in a great pump. I did rack chins for the first time on Sunday, and my lats were sore for days.

newbreed
11-15-08, 7:56 am
That is a good workout. Felt good afterwards