PDA

View Full Version : Be careful of that tupperware...

Fury317
11-10-08, 8:22 am
Hey guys, came across this article on yahoo.com. Thought it was pretty interesting seeing as how I tote pretty much all my food in plastic tupper ware. I think I remember Ox saying he doesnt eat out of plastic for this reason. Anyways check it out...

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_conscious_consumer/15/safest-plastics-for-food-and-beverages.html

Aggression
11-10-08, 12:38 pm
Dude everything in the world today is bad for you. It sucks. I personally use Tupperware containers at work every day, and I heat them up inside the container, and eat right out of them. Now today I'm going to be looking at the numbers/codes on the container, but I'm still going to eat out of it. 2 meals a day/5 days a week are heated up, and eaten in a Tupperware container.

CreatineSteve
11-11-08, 8:04 pm
i ended up gettin glass ones instead to do the trick

Cstlfx
11-11-08, 8:13 pm
Real sturdy tupperware is just fine. Its the cheap Glad stuff thats real cheap and given out everywhere that the problem.

Just stay away from soft plastics, hard plastics are fine.

AFTazz06
11-11-08, 8:39 pm
Actually Glade is fine but only for food storage. Glade is recycle number 5 which is one of the ok plastics, i have a bunch and just checked them all, no more heating food in there for me though. Gonna only use them for storage and heat stuff up on a plate or bowl. This was really great stuff to know not only for we who follow the bodybuilding lifestyle but for everybody. Who knows, this might be the reason some people get back headaches/other sicknesses and arent aware of the toxins they put in their bodies, might be the answer to "i dont know how i got this or how i felt this way at night when i felt great yesterday or this morning?"

J Wong
11-11-08, 10:50 pm
Oh no! Am I going to die?! haha

SQUAT or DIE!
11-12-08, 12:04 am
Oh no! Am I going to die?! haha

x2.. if it aint gonna cause me to die in the next 20 yrs ill stick to what i do now..

prowrestler
11-12-08, 12:45 am
x2.. if it aint gonna cause me to die in the next 20 yrs ill stick to what i do now..

x2!!!!!!!!

sanga
11-12-08, 4:18 am
I use tupperware everyday too, have done for years.

joelast
11-12-08, 11:55 am
the way i figure it is if that shit was really that bad for you someone would have gotten fucked up and sewed some company. Or the uncle sam would have banned it allready.

GJN5002
11-12-08, 12:04 pm
I read somewhere a while ago that heating plastic can cause estrogen like chemicals to be released..or something to that affect. I invested in a big ceramic bowl I keep at work that I transfer my food into to heat. Also stopped drinking out of plastic cups nd got a good solid ceramic/metal thermos.

Aggression
11-12-08, 12:13 pm
I read somewhere a while ago that heating plastic can cause estrogen like chemicals to be released..or something to that affect. I invested in a big ceramic bowl I keep at work that I transfer my food into to heat. Also stopped drinking out of plastic cups nd got a good solid ceramic/metal thermos.

I don't know anything about it, but today, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with research saying ceramic is now bad for you. I'm just using ceramic as an example bc u mentioned it. It seems like everyday something else is deemed harmful/toxic/bad for you. I'm not knockin' you at all bro. I'm just sayin that in today's world, at one point, everything is going to end up being bad for you. And it could be anything.

IRBS
11-12-08, 12:27 pm
After I eat whatever I put in my tupperware, I eat the tupperware....

Aggression
11-12-08, 12:29 pm
After I eat whatever I put in my tupperware, I eat the tupperware....

Haha DUDE YOUR DONE BRO! GAME OVER! YOU'RE DEF GOING DOWN.

Cellerator65
11-12-08, 12:33 pm
ya my mum was talking about this. if im going to reheat something, i'll put it in glass container. If not, i keep it in tupper

Fury317
11-13-08, 12:56 pm

Ok, thats cool, just throwing the info out there. Its for you to decide. But personally Id rather live the next 20 years in full health. I see it as not as big a deal to go buy non plastic items and keep that shit out of my system.

Liftbig21
11-13-08, 1:15 pm
The chemicals in the plastic when heated up are Estrigon mimickers ...im not postive but i dont think its harmful just not what bodybuilders want.

GJN5002
11-13-08, 1:34 pm
I don't know anything about it, but today, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with research saying ceramic is now bad for you. I'm just using ceramic as an example bc u mentioned it. It seems like everyday something else is deemed harmful/toxic/bad for you. I'm not knockin' you at all bro. I'm just sayin that in today's world, at one point, everything is going to end up being bad for you. And it could be anything.

I know what you mean, everything is killing you in some way shape or form. My theory is though, ceramic is natural (my friend is a potter and makes things from natural clay) so Im pretty sure this is as close to nature as Im gonna get.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-13-08, 1:48 pm
Ok, thats cool, just throwing the info out there. Its for you to decide. But personally Id rather live the next 20 years in full health. I see it as not as big a deal to go buy non plastic items and keep that shit out of my system.

mostly i just cook my rice in a tupperware, other things i throw in a plastic bowl, and im sure thats pretty safe.. but im keepin it outta ur system is probbaly the safest bet..