PDA

View Full Version : What to eat at night?

psugorilla79
11-10-08, 3:12 pm
I hit cardio in the am around five...eat oatmeal and a protein shake for breakfast...mid am hit yogurt and a banana...run at lunch...after my run i eat a late lunch which is veggies and chicken...mid afternoon is a protein and a fruit smoothie...then i train late in the evening getting done around eight....what is a good meal after training and before i go to bed? goals are to get down bout twenty pounds...

Mackk
11-10-08, 3:51 pm
You'll want something with slow digestive carbs, relatively low calories, and slow digestive protein (casein), some veg, milk, cottage cheese, would be alright.

Aggression
11-10-08, 4:09 pm
I hit cardio in the am around five...eat oatmeal and a protein shake for breakfast...mid am hit yogurt and a banana...run at lunch...after my run i eat a late lunch which is veggies and chicken...mid afternoon is a protein and a fruit smoothie...then i train late in the evening getting done around eight....what is a good meal after training and before i go to bed? goals are to get down bout twenty pounds...

After a workout, its important to give your body the essentials. Have a shake with protein and some fast digesting carbs. I used to combine 50g whey isolate with 12-15oz grape juice. Now I have a serving of Torrent PWO. As for before bed, get yourself some cottage cheese, or slow proteins. I use Milk and Egg Protein by Universal. Sometimes I also use 1cup cottage cheese w/ 2tbsp of peanut butter mix into it.

matt5x5
11-10-08, 4:13 pm
Cottage cheese is a really diverse option , in that you can add just about anything to suit your taste. I wouldn't worry to much about keeping in that low in calories , from personal expierance it hasn't really had any negative effect on weight loss or body composition. I usually have 1 cup of 1% cottage cheese , mixed with a spoon full of almond or peanut butter.

MojoMike36
11-10-08, 7:14 pm
I keep it carb free or low.

2 eggs + 1 egg white and a small glass of cow juice.
or
1 scoop casein protein with milk or water depending on what phases of a bulk or cut I am on.

ironshaolin
11-10-08, 7:55 pm
If your goals are to lose weight, I would keep carbs low, and late night carbs omit. If you're working out late, have some gatorade or waxy maize like in torrent or intra aid during your workout, have a shake post workout, then dinner I would eat something like 8-10 egg whites, maybe 2-3 yolks mixed in there, sautee some peppers and spinach, pour the scrambled eggs over the veggies.

Iceiktitan
11-10-08, 8:27 pm
First, you have left out some necessary details that are needed to be answered before a full answer can be given. Specifically; what are your daily caloric needs ie; your matienance level and do you have a budget for this current cut in regards to whole food and or supplementation. Once you answer these I can give a better response.

Based off of the information you have given me, this is my opinion;
After training: Within an hour you need to consume a meal with protein and carbs. Leave out the veggies for this meal because this can slow down digestion. A protein shake with 20-25 grams is "okay" for right after until you can eat whole food. But, don't rely on it as a meal for your dinner.
Before bed: Only you can tell what is best for yourself. Some people can ingest high carbs at night, high protein at night, or even high fat at a before bed meal or a combination of the three. You will have to be the judge of what works and what doesn't. No one knows your body better than yourself.

Beast1
11-18-08, 10:46 am
Cottage Cheese is excellent for it's slow digestion and keeping protein in you throughout the night, also some non-fat yogurt, and natural peanut butter will help.

Maniak Mack
11-18-08, 11:47 am
If you're trying to lose some pounds, I suggest you limit the carbs before bed. Not to completely take them away, but just keep them low. Carbs have a way of converting into fat storge if you don't burn them. Now if you have a fast digesting carb, then you can use that. but still watch how much you take.
Mainly when I have to cut pounds, I go with a fiber, low carb, slow digesting protien and low caliorie shake before bed.

Metamucil+Casein Protien with protein water.

That's my nightcap.

NPRamirez
11-18-08, 11:59 am
cow juice.

Lol.

If you are trying to lose that weight I would suggest fat free cottage cheese and some casein protein powder.

thatdude111
11-18-08, 11:47 pm
I eat 2tspn of natty pb and a cup of low fat cottage cheese everynight I'm still losing weight

prowrestler
11-18-08, 11:55 pm
mayo

late night means protein/fat combo.

cottage cheese and 4 servings of olive oil.

your cuttin so make it 10 grams of fat from the oil and 375ml of cottage cheese

On Letting Go
11-19-08, 7:09 am
Like prowrestler said, you want a protein/fat combo. As low carb as possible.

My pre bed meal;

2 scoops casein protein
32g (2 tbsp) Natty Peanut butter
1g Flax oil

56g protein, 17g healthy fats, trace carbs. Slow digestion to stay as anabolic as possible thru the night. Perfect.

OnLettingGo