PDA

View Full Version : Question on female training.

sodapop
11-10-08, 8:49 pm
My girlfriend started coming to the gym with me, and she wants to do cardio along with some weights. She doesn't wanna get big, just toned. What kind of weight lifting should she be doing? I don't know much about it, and wanted to get some answers from those who know best!

Thanks, guys!

Thetasteofink69
11-10-08, 9:18 pm
Just put her on the same split that you're on.. Same exercises, just adjust the weight to fit her strength levels.. Getting huge doesn't happen overnight, so that's not something she has to worry about. Muscle is muscle, and if she wants to be tone then she'll have to build/maintain it

shizz702
11-10-08, 9:22 pm
My girlfriend started coming to the gym with me, and she wants to do cardio along with some weights. She doesn't wanna get big, just toned. What kind of weight lifting should she be doing? I don't know much about it, and wanted to get some answers from those who know best!

Thanks, guys!

Lol it's always the same shit with women, they don't want to get big, they just want to get "toned."

Well bro if it was that easy to get "big" than every dude would be jacked.

Let me give the breakdown:

being toned means having muscle. Muscle looks good, the more muscle you have, and the less fat you have, the more toned you will look.

Tell your girl to just do the same routine you are doing and she will be good to go. And no worries on getting big.

sodapop
11-10-08, 9:27 pm
Lol it's always the same shit with women, they don't want to get big, they just want to get "toned."

Well bro if it was that easy to get "big" than every dude would be jacked.

Let me give the breakdown:

being toned means having muscle. Muscle looks good, the more muscle you have, and the less fat you have, the more toned you will look.

Tell your girl to just do the same routine you are doing and she will be good to go. And no worries on getting big.

I'll try telling her that. I don't think she'll go for the squats and deads though, hahah.
Thanks, guys.

NickSP
11-10-08, 9:47 pm
Agreed, same stuff. Plus women have what, like a tenth of the testosterone guys do? Just because she works with something bigger than the 10 lb DBs doesn't mean she's gonna be big.

J Wong
11-10-08, 10:43 pm
Just tell her to lift, she's not going to get "big". Every girl says that same exact thing: "tone but not big". She isn't going to pack on a shit load of muscle without the adequate nutrition we all take in. Remember, to get big you gotta eat big. Doubt she will be doing that haha.

sodapop
11-10-08, 10:49 pm
Just tell her to lift, she's not going to get "big". Every girl says that same exact thing: "tone but not big". She isn't going to pack on a shit load of muscle without the adequate nutrition we all take in. Remember, to get big you gotta eat big. Doubt she will be doing that haha.

True. I just didn't know if there were specific workouts better suited for "toning" or not.
Thanks for the advice, guys.

Cstlfx
11-10-08, 10:56 pm
Remember, to get big you gotta eat big. Doubt she will be doing that haha.

Tell her this if she's still timid about doing your workout. You cant get big unless you eat a lot and I bet she's not going to eat a lot no matter what.

Being "toned" is having very little body fat, thus showing off the muscle. So, make sure her diet is good enough to burn the fat, and she'll get toned.

Aggression
11-11-08, 10:43 am

Man I don't know how many times I went thru this, but it was more than enough times. Every girl thinks pressing and curling are going to make them jacked up like us. I usually respond to the girl with "Are you eating 4000cals a day?", the answer is NO 100% of the time. Gotta eat to grow! Although I did get my ex-girlfriend drinking protein shakes as her breakfast in the morning haha. I didn't need to bring protein to her house when we hung out, i just dipped into her stash!

Thetasteofink69
11-11-08, 3:14 pm
Although I did get my ex-girlfriend drinking protein shakes as her breakfast in the morning haha. I didn't need to bring protein to her house when we hung out, i just dipped into her stash!

That's Ingenius..

J Wong
11-11-08, 4:16 pm
Man I don't know how many times I went thru this, but it was more than enough times. Every girl thinks pressing and curling are going to make them jacked up like us. I usually respond to the girl with "Are you eating 4000cals a day?", the answer is NO 100% of the time. Gotta eat to grow! Although I did get my ex-girlfriend drinking protein shakes as her breakfast in the morning haha. I didn't need to bring protein to her house when we hung out, i just dipped into her stash!

I bet even with those protein shakes, she didn't grow into some sort of huge animal did she?

Aggression
11-11-08, 4:19 pm
I bet even with those protein shakes, she didn't grow into some sort of huge animal did she?

Dude she got jacked up; bigger than me!!!! hahaha

No really, she was fine. She was using them as a breakfast replacement. I used to yell at her and tell her to eat something in the morning, but she refused to wake up earlier just to eat. So she made a shake with milk as her breakfast. Or she would bring it to work with her and drink it during her shift as a healthy option.