PDA

View Full Version : Critique my new workout plan

RooRooTJ
11-11-08, 11:41 am
Ok just got done competing a few weeks ago. I really need to get a bigger, wider, and thicker back. Go ahead and rate my new program and let me know what you guys think

Day 1
Back/Abs
10 sets of Pullups

Deadlifts
Wide Grip Pulldowns
DB Rows
Bent over BB Rows
Straight-arm Pulldowns
Hyperextentions

Day 2
Chest

Bench
Incline DB Press
Decline Bench
Flat Flys
Cable Cross-overs
DB Pullovers

Day 3
Arms/Abs

BB Curls
Incline DB Curls
Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls
Rope Ext
HS Seated Pushdown
Reverse Close Grip Bench
Dips

Day 4
Delts/Traps

Seated DB Press
Front Lat Raise
Leaning Side DB raise
Rear Lat Raises
Upright Row
DB Shrugs
BB Shrugs - Triset(front,Rear,Reverse Grip)

Day 5
Legs/Abs
Body Squats - 3 sets

Squats
Hack Squats
Leg Extentions
SLDL
Leg Press
Leg Curls
Good Morning

sanga
11-11-08, 11:47 am
I`d go for all out deadlifting, deadlifts are ideal for a bigger thicker wider back.

I like Tinys pyramiding way something like as follows-

Deadlifts 15-12-10-8-6-4-2-10-10

firsthorseman97
11-11-08, 12:03 pm
I would trim it down to 4 days a week so you have an extra day of rest. You need to be lifting heavy and that'll really tax your CNS if your hittin' it 5 days a week. I would eliminate the arm day and use it as a rest day that way its 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off. I would incorporate arms into other days. I have been having success hitting Bi's with Chest and Tri's with Shoulders. Hope this helps and I can't wait to see what you bring to the stage next time.

RooRooTJ
11-11-08, 12:13 pm
I`d go for all out deadlifting, deadlifts are ideal for a bigger thicker wider back.

I like Tinys pyramiding way something like as follows-

Damn that is alot of deads. haha I dont know if my back could handle that. I may have to try that for a Back day once a month.

RooRooTJ
11-11-08, 12:15 pm
I would trim it down to 4 days a week so you have an extra day of rest. You need to be lifting heavy and that'll really tax your CNS if your hittin' it 5 days a week. I would eliminate the arm day and use it as a rest day that way its 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off. I would incorporate arms into other days. I have been having success hitting Bi's with Chest and Tri's with Shoulders. Hope this helps and I can't wait to see what you bring to the stage next time.

Yeah I usually like to combine arms with other body parts. I have been doing that for probably the past 6 months. Back/bi and chest/tri. Tryin to switch it up a little.

Just wait and see. I plan on bringin the best I have ever had to the stage next time and will not step up there until I have it.

sanga
11-11-08, 3:33 pm
Damn that is alot of deads. haha I dont know if my back could handle that. I may have to try that for a Back day once a month.

That includes progressive warm ups mate, i.e.-

125x15
175x12
225x10
275x8
315x6
375x4
455x2
340x10
340x10

In Flames
11-11-08, 4:18 pm
I actually think you're doing way too many exercises. You don't need 6 exercises for each body-part.

I think this is a much better workout and it's written by an Animal Pro..

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=270

prowrestler
11-12-08, 11:49 am
Ok just got done competing a few weeks ago. I really need to get a bigger, wider, and thicker back. Go ahead and rate my new program and let me know what you guys think

Day 1
Back/Abs
10 sets of Pullups

Deadlifts
Wide Grip Pulldowns
DB Rows
Bent over BB Rows
Straight-arm Pulldowns
Hyperextentions

Day 2
Chest

Bench
Incline DB Press
Decline Bench
Flat Flys
Cable Cross-overs
DB Pullovers

Day 3
Arms/Abs

BB Curls
Incline DB Curls
Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls
Rope Ext
HS Seated Pushdown
Reverse Close Grip Bench
Dips

Day 4
Delts/Traps

Seated DB Press
Front Lat Raise
Leaning Side DB raise
Rear Lat Raises
Upright Row
DB Shrugs
BB Shrugs - Triset(front,Rear,Reverse Grip)

Day 5
Legs/Abs
Body Squats - 3 sets

Squats
Hack Squats
Leg Extentions
SLDL
Leg Press
Leg Curls
Good Morning

id take out the wide grip pulldowns, switch them for close grip, clsoe grip is sick for width, Tiny can back me up on that.

now, for the dumbel and barbell row, alternate them evey 2 weeks, so 2 weeks babrell row, 2 weeks dumbell row.

and i reccomend the wave pyramiding Tiny suggests too, i think Sanga posted it.

RooRooTJ
11-12-08, 1:05 pm
id take out the wide grip pulldowns, switch them for close grip, clsoe grip is sick for width, Tiny can back me up on that.

now, for the dumbel and barbell row, alternate them evey 2 weeks, so 2 weeks babrell row, 2 weeks dumbell row.

and i reccomend the wave pyramiding Tiny suggests too, i think Sanga posted it.

Yeah I did this routine last night and I could tell it was a little much with the BB and DB rows. Gonna go 2 weeks with bb, then 2 with db, then 1 of just Deadlifting. Also will switch the Pulldowns to close grip. I Hit the Wide grip well enough with my 10 sets of pullups for my warm up. I got between 10 and 6 for each set so figure that would cover that.

Aggression
11-12-08, 3:55 pm
Not bad if you're a fan of volume bro. It's more than I would do, but I'm not the one doing it! See how it works out for ya, and change it if necessary

sanga
11-12-08, 4:54 pm
Roo, personally if I was to do any sort of volumne training for each bodypart I`d scale it down, I`d do the following and hit it as hard as I can concentrating on upping poundages as often as I could, progressive resistance., just my opinion

Day 1
Back/Abs

Bent over BB Rows 10-8-6-4-10-10
Close underhand Grip Pulldowns 3 sets 8-10
Crunches 3 x 15-20 no weight
Reverse hyperextentions 3 x 15-20
I`d leave shrugs as your traps get hit hard from all the dealifts

Day 2
Chest and Shoulders

Incline Bench Press 15-12-10-8-6-4-10-10
Incline flys 3 x 8-10
Weighted Dips 3 x 8-10
Military press 15-12-10-8-6-4-10-10

Day 3
Rest

Day 4
Quads and Hams

Squats 15-12-10-8-6-4-2-10-10
Hack Squats 3 x 15-20
SLDL 3 x 15-20
Leg Curls 3 x 15-20

Day 5
Arms and Calfs

Barbell curl 15-12-10-8-6-10-10
French press 15-12-10-8-6-10-10
Standing calf raise 3 x 15-20
Seated calf raise 3 x 15-20

It might seem too little but push these all to failure and strive to add weight as often as you can and these routines are a killer, the pyramids are hard enough down to the heaviest sets but adding in the working sets after at 10 reps really pushed you. Ask Tiny, I got it from him.