PDA

View Full Version : HardworkE = Results

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Aggression
02-04-09, 10:31 am
Good work on the back attack. I see that your goal for the summer has been changed. Its only February and you've already reached your goal for summer. That has to feel great. Glad to hear it man. Keep up the hard work. Abs will come when you diet down, for now, just hit them hard and you'll be fine.

hardworkE
02-04-09, 10:40 am
Good work on the back attack. I see that your goal for the summer has been changed. Its only February and you've already reached your goal for summer. That has to feel great. Glad to hear it man. Keep up the hard work. Abs will come when you diet down, for now, just hit them hard and you'll be fine.

Feels good, but there is so much more to come...

hardworkE
02-04-09, 1:38 pm
Had to hit the gym at lunchtime because I have lux box tickets for the flyers/bruins game tonight. Just sitting at my desk thinking about how I was going to punish my legs at noon got me amped up to start the day. I felt great today, but think tomorrow will be a recovery day.

Wheels

5 minute warmup on bike

Squat: 135x12, 185x10, 225x8
Leg Press: 1pps x12, 2pps x12, 3pps x 9
SuperSet Hack Squat: 1pps x 12, 2pps x 12, 3pps x 8
Leg Curl: 110 x 10 for 3
SuperSet Leg Ext: 95 x 10 for 3

Rotary Calf super drop: start at 140 went to 70 for ~80 reps
Seated calf super drop: 70, 45, 25 for ~60 reps

My legs have been feeling so much stronger in the gym. It is basically beginner gains because I never really worked them like the rest of my body, but it is awesome to see how far I'm progressing. I think that is a big reason my weight is shooting up as fast as it is. When I started this journey I couldn't rep out 185 on squats, and after failing to do that I was done after leg ext/curls. Now I am repping out 225 no problem, throwing in strong hack/leg presses and still going for more. I am extremely happy with my progress as far as legs are concerned. My squat and deadlift both...hope to keep seeing these numbers climb.

C.Coronato
02-04-09, 1:52 pm
Damn enjoy the game brotha. And how much do you love hack squats? Oh boy that may be my favorite feeling haha.

Aggression
02-04-09, 1:53 pm
Wheelz are what separates you from the pretenders. Having a big upper body is cool and all, but when you have some massive, thick thighs and hanging hams, that's animal bro. Glad to hear the gains are coming on strong. Nothing like a good leg workout to test your mentality.

225 x 8 is impressive man, keep it up.

hardworkE
02-05-09, 11:02 am
Damn my legs are sore, especially my calves. I noticed my legs are looking bigger yesterday when I was in the gym. Feels good to see that, they have a long way to go though. Today is a rest day, feels good to give the body some r&r. I could use a good night sleep tonight. That flyers luxury box last night was not good for me. Crap game food and free beers. Sure was a great night though, came home and put down a protein shake to try to make up for having a meal of chicken fingers and cheesesteak stromboli.

Aggression
02-05-09, 11:14 am
cheesesteak stromboli.

Invite me next time

hardworkE
02-06-09, 9:24 am
Apparently I needed sleep yesterday. I got home from work at 6, ate dinner along with a shake and passed out at 630. Slept straight until 730 this morning. Damn that felt good. Now I'm back on track and rested up for a hard weekend of training. First need to grab some food today after the gym. After sleeping that much, having coffee in the morning(I stopped for a while because of the ST/mstak stims), and taking ST/mstak before the gym at around 530, I hope I can sleep tonight. If not I can make up for the meal I missed yesterday haha. Chest and Bi's tonight at the gym.

LittleMan55
02-06-09, 9:26 am
Smashed them wheels the other day. No wonder your body needed some extra sleep.

C.Coronato
02-06-09, 10:20 am
Apparently I needed sleep yesterday. I got home from work at 6, ate dinner along with a shake and passed out at 630. Slept straight until 730 this morning. Damn that felt good. Now I'm back on track and rested up for a hard weekend of training. First need to grab some food today after the gym. After sleeping that much, having coffee in the morning(I stopped for a while because of the ST/mstak stims), and taking ST/mstak before the gym at around 530, I hope I can sleep tonight. If not I can make up for the meal I missed yesterday haha. Chest and Bi's tonight at the gym.

Damn thats nice. I NEED some sleep like that. haha.

hardworkE
02-06-09, 4:21 pm
Back from a good weekend. Chest on Saturday.

DB Incline: 4 sets of 6-12(85 x 6)
Flat BB: 4 sets of 4-12(185x4)
Incline fly: 3 sets (45x8)
Flat fly: 2 sets (50x8)
low cable cross: 2 sets
high cable cross 2 sets

Didn't feel 100% in the gym, but strength felt good and the pump felt great. Stomach was feeling rough the whole time, but I just pushed through it...gotta do it.

Just wanted to bump my last workout so I can compare against it. My flat bench hasn't really progressed. I honestly feel the most intense pump every time I leave the gym after chest workouts. I would really like to be able to put up 200 for reps soon. That is what I'm shooting for in the next few months. Today's lineup will look like this:

Incline BB
Incline fly
Flat BB
Decline fly or BB
Pec dec
Low Cable Raises

BB Curl
Super drop hammer curls
one additional bi move

25 minutes of cardio(had an extra cheat this week/tighten everything up a little)

Aggression
02-06-09, 4:25 pm
Looks good bro. If you want to put up 200 for reps, throw bench in there first. It looks like you've been doing it 2nd and 3rd lately. Pound it first and you should have it.

Hit that chest hard bro.

Last chance for tomorrow ... arms session with aggression and treetrunks?

C.Coronato
02-06-09, 4:28 pm
Looks good bro. If you want to put up 200 for reps, throw bench in there first. It looks like you've been doing it 2nd and 3rd lately. Pound it first and you should have it.

Hit that chest hard bro.

x2.

Come thru brotha.

hardworkE
02-06-09, 4:30 pm

Hit that chest hard bro.

You know what, that ain't a bad idea. I'm gonna get in there and hop in the bench first and see what happens. As for arms, I wish I could...it would be an experience. But I seriously want to come back for a weekend in and train with you. Training alone is cool and I like it most of the time, but sometimes I really wish I had someone there going through the same thing I am. The question is what body part...I wanna rep out those 75s for shoulder press, but we haven't had a chest or back workout in ages. It'll happen. Especially once summer hits I'm gonna be down a ton to hit that beach I've been missing so much.

Aggression
02-06-09, 4:32 pm
You know what, that ain't a bad idea. I'm gonna get in there and hop in the bench first and see what happens. As for arms, I wish I could...it would be an experience. But I seriously want to come back for a weekend in and train with you. Training alone is cool and I like it most of the time, but sometimes I really wish I had someone there going through the same thing I am. The question is what body part...I wanna rep out those 75s for shoulder press, but we haven't had a chest or back workout in ages. It'll happen. Especially once summer hits I'm gonna be down a ton to hit that beach I've been missing so much.

Got ya.

Yeah we definitely need to train again. Any body part would be good man, we'll really tear 'em apart. We'll hit a body part fresh in the morning and then hit the beaches old school style. Running bases??

hardworkE
02-06-09, 4:35 pm
Got ya.

Yeah we definitely need to train again. Any body part would be good man, we'll really tear 'em apart. We'll hit a body part fresh in the morning and then hit the beaches old school style. Running bases??

Running bases, little boogie boardin...you know im down. Should prob hit chest and bi's, beach style training

C.Coronato
02-06-09, 4:36 pm
Running bases, little boogie boardin...you know im down. Should prob hit chest and bi's, beach style training

Ya that way we will fit right in! Seaside style.

Aggression
02-06-09, 7:17 pm

Ya that way we will fit right in! Seaside style.

Ahh this brings me back. I say we bring this back in a few months. Get everyone together for a good ol' game of running bases on the sand. When the game is over, we'll switch gears to throwing a football into the breaking waves, and finally, we'll top it off with some classic body surfing. Doesn't get any better than that.

hardworkE
02-06-09, 8:43 pm
Ahh this brings me back. I say we bring this back in a few months. Get everyone together for a good ol' game of running bases on the sand. When the game is over, we'll switch gears to throwing a football into the breaking waves, and finally, we'll top it off with some classic body surfing. Doesn't get any better than that.

Always up for some beachside favorites...

CHEST

Flat BB: 135x12, 175x10, 205x6(last one assisted), 185x6
Incline DB: 55x12, 65x10, 75x8, 80x6
Incline fly: 3 sets (55x8)
Decline BB: 135x10, 135x10
Low pulley cable cross: 2 sets
Pec Dec: 2 sets

Bi's

super drop hammers: 40, 35, 30, 25 ~ 50 reps
BB Curl: 3 sets (75x8)
super drop db curl: 35, 30, 25, 20 ~ 40 reps
Cable bi curls: 2 sets

I was so pumped to get 205 up on flat bench. When I got the spot I told the guy that I didn't know if I'd be able to get 1, but the weight felt surprisingly light. I got 5 solid reps out of it. Next 225, I cannot wait to throw 2 pies on their and rep it out. Damn that shit is gonna feel good. Also only went down 5 lbs on my incline db, even though I did flat first. Good endurance. It felt so good, going up in weight feels amazing. And speaking of going up in weight, I got on the scale at 184 after my workout. Okay, so that scale is a little messed up, but its the same one I've been using since I started my journey. I got home and hopped on my roommates scale and it read 180. It is kind of mindblowing to see that number on the scale.

It feels good to see progress. I've been busting my ass and it is paying off. Some things that I am doing differently from when I used to lift. Getting more sleep, working out harder, constantly switching things up in the gym, eating red meat(used to not eat any really), eating healthy fats(my fat intake used to be about 0....didn't know the importance), stretching more, creatine before after( about 7 grams total), more fast absorbing carbs(about 75 pwo, used to take about 25-30), eating more veggies, making sure I get my 6 meals in no matter what, consistently having my pre-bed shake, boozing less, drinking a ton of water, and the list goes on and on. M-stak/ST, other supps also can't hurt the equation. It's funny how much you learn as you go along. I'm really excited to see what these next few years hold for me. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be a solid 200lbs if I stay on this path within the next year or two. Once I hit 200, I will probably start to think about competing, but I definitely want to build a really strong base first. It is exciting...

Possibly hitting shoulders tomorrow...going to see how they feel.

rob_in_korea
02-06-09, 11:05 pm
You are putting in some great work E. Congrats on doing 205 for reps and thanks for stopping by my journey.

-Rob

Aggression
02-07-09, 9:30 am
That's great bro. I'm happy that you're making all that progress. It's great to see all the hard work pay off when you stand in front of the mirror. To see real life results is more rewarding than most people think. So glad to hear. Keep pounding away man.

hardworkE
02-07-09, 2:26 pm
Shoulders/Tri's

Side Raises: 15, 12.5, 10 drop for 3
Military Smith machine: 3 sets (185x6)
Bent over rear delts: 3 sets (25x6)
Behind the back cable raise: 2 sets
Seated DB press: 2 sets (55x8)

Rope pressdown: 3 sets
DB overhead press: 3 sets
overhead rope press: 3 sets

DONE

rob_in_korea
02-08-09, 7:42 am
Solid Shoulder and Tri work E.

-Rob

hardworkE
02-08-09, 4:50 pm
You have to love when the weather first breaks. It's so cold I want to die walking to work, and then the weekend hits, sun is shining, and snow melts due to 60 degree weather. I'm not complaining, I love this weather and hope it stays until summer. So I took advantage of the nice day, and let me say that I was extremely impressed with the people of Philadelphia. Everyone was out in full force with a smile on their face. The trail that I always run/bike on that is right along the Schyulkill( I still don't know if im spelling this right and I looked it up) River was packed with people walking their dogs, rollerblading, running, and biking.

It was the first time I got to take my new road bike out for a real run and it was amazing. Went about 15-20 miles down from center city through manayunk. Feels good to get out and about again, all weekend took in a lot of the city. Also glad my bike made it all the way through the trip because I was pretty nervous about how well it was constructed(I put it together). My quads are going to be sore tomorrow...Back in the gym for back/abs

NJC_Manhattan
02-08-09, 6:00 pm
You have to love when the weather first breaks. It's so cold I want to die walking to work, and then the weekend hits, sun is shining, and snow melts due to 60 degree weather. I'm not complaining, I love this weather and hope it stays until summer. So I took advantage of the nice day, and let me say that I was extremely impressed with the people of Philadelphia. Everyone was out in full force with a smile on their face. The trail that I always run/bike on that is right along the Schyulkill( I still don't know if im spelling this right and I looked it up) River was packed with people walking their dogs, rollerblading, running, and biking.

It was the first time I got to take my new road bike out for a real run and it was amazing. Went about 15-20 miles down from center city through manayunk. Feels good to get out and about again, all weekend took in a lot of the city. Also glad my bike made it all the way through the trip because I was pretty nervous about how well it was constructed(I put it together). My quads are going to be sore tomorrow...Back in the gym for back/abs

The weather today was great. I was walking around in a T-shirt around noon. I always hope the groundhog doesnt see his shadow. Love warm weather.

Aggression
02-08-09, 8:54 pm
Couldn't agree more. If we go back a few years, I'd wake up today and make the 1min hike to your house to start playing some bball haha.

niCe workouts bro. Is this the last week of M-stak? I'll be starting Test tomorrow.

I gotta come down real soon bro. Maybe next weekend ........

hardworkE
02-08-09, 9:07 pm
Only about 3 packs of mstak left...going to finish out strong. I don't know about next weekend...being vday and all i think its gonna be me and the lady. Definitely one of these weeks coming up. Maybe I can show you how I roll at my gym here in Philly while we're at it.

hardworkE
02-09-09, 10:15 am
3 packs of M-stak to go. Let me say that this is my second time using the product and I love it. Everytime I've used it, my weight/strength has jumped and I look a lot thicker. When I started Mstak, I was 175. Kind of got stuck there for a while. Weights also were staying the same. I really think it helped me push through and take it to the next level. 180 lbs and stronger in the gym...I have nothing, but praise for this product. Animal knows what they're doing when it comes to supps. Going to make sure I hold onto all of the weight that I put on during the past couple of weeks. BACK tonight.

Aggression
02-09-09, 10:32 am
3 packs of M-stak to go. Let me say that this is my second time using the product and I love it. Everytime I've used it, my weight/strength has jumped and I look a lot thicker. When I started Mstak, I was 175. Kind of got stuck there for a while. Weights also were staying the same. I really think it helped me push through and take it to the next level. 180 lbs and stronger in the gym...I have nothing, but praise for this product. Animal knows what they're doing when it comes to supps. Going to make sure I hold onto all of the weight that I put on during the past couple of weeks. BACK tonight.

Glad to hear about your success with M-stak. I agree with the results; when I took it I had phenomenal gains. Just try to keep the food amount up when you get off. Your appetite should decrease a bit, but just keeping pounding the calories and you'll have no problem. Rack deads tonight?

C.Coronato
02-09-09, 10:41 am

Always good to hit the road/trails with a bike. When i was down in Miami i used to do it every few days, they had a bunch of widlife parks and refuges that they built bike paths thru and it was awesome. No cellphone service just freedom. Gotta love it.

hardworkE
02-09-09, 2:48 pm
Always good to hit the road/trails with a bike. When i was down in Miami i used to do it every few days, they had a bunch of widlife parks and refuges that they built bike paths thru and it was awesome. No cellphone service just freedom. Gotta love it.

Definitely...and it beats hitting the treadmill or stationary for cardio. Burning calories can be done in a way that people don't dread.

Aggression
02-09-09, 2:53 pm
Definitely...and it beats hitting the treadmill or stationary for cardio. Burning calories can be done in a way that people don't dread.

I love staring at a blank wall for 30mins as I walk in place.

hardworkE
02-09-09, 3:52 pm
Ha, brings back some bad memories. I was getting down on those TRF cardio machines before they were decked out with dvd players/tvs.

On tap for today:

DB rows
Rack pulls
T Bar
Wide Grip Pulldown
One arm cable rows
CG/BTN Pulldown

Forearm superset

Ab Circuit

Got a big day in store...

C.Coronato
02-09-09, 4:28 pm

Exactly. And before you know it you have been cruising for an hour. When it was still warm when i was on show season last year, I would have to do AM cardio, so I used to just hop on the bike head up by the College and do a few laps and head home. So much better than walking on a tread for a half hour watching some crappy soap opera that the lady behind u is crying over.

hardworkE
02-10-09, 9:56 am
BACK

DB row: 4 sets(75x10)
Rack deads: 4 sets(275x8)
Lat pulldown: 3 sets
T bar row: 3 sets(70x8)
CG pulldown: 2 sets
Seated cable row: 2 sets

DB shrugs: 3 sets(85x10 -- drop 55x10)
BB shrugs: 3 sets(185x12)

BB reverse forearm curl: 3 sets
DB wrist curl: 3 sets

DONE

All in all it was an okay workout. I just didn't get a pump like I usually do. Didn't really feel especially strong in the gym. Was kind of fighting a cold all day and think that could be the problem. Even though I didn't get a massive pump, I still feel sore already in my lats/middle back. Thats a good sign. Rested up after I got home last night and feel a little better today. Hopefully be 100% for legs tonight.

C.Coronato
02-10-09, 10:28 am
Looking good man. Loving the forearm finishers.

Aggression
02-10-09, 10:57 am
Dude everyone I know is getting run down lately. People are getting colds, and they're getting worn down/out. Just get some rest and keep them vitamins coming in. Still a solid workout nonetheless. I think I'm taking a nap in my car during lunch break today haha.

hardworkE
02-10-09, 11:37 am
Looking good man. Loving the forearm finishers.

Yeah it felt good to get these going. Sometimes this will be the one thing I forget, but I love getting a good pump going in my forearms.

hardworkE
02-10-09, 11:38 am
Dude everyone I know is getting run down lately. People are getting colds, and they're getting worn down/out. Just get some rest and keep them vitamins coming in. Still a solid workout nonetheless. I think I'm taking a nap in my car during lunch break today haha.

Yeah I hear you, working in the office can't help. It seems like everyone in here is constantly sick. I've been popping the vitamins, trying green tea, drinking even more water than I already do...anything to stay above it.

hardworkE
02-10-09, 4:41 pm
I just threw down my mstak in one gulp in hopes that it will keep me in the ass...follow it up with some shock therapy and hopefully I can get my mind right for this leg session coming up. Gotta wake up so I can hit some new records in the gym. Time to man up and do it

LittleMan55
02-10-09, 5:03 pm
I just threw down my mstak in one gulp in hopes that it will keep me in the ass...follow it up with some shock therapy and hopefully I can get my mind right for this leg session coming up. Gotta wake up so I can hit some new records in the gym. Time to man up and do it

solid stack... Give it hell on legs bro!

rob_in_korea
02-11-09, 12:05 am
Solid Back workout E. Hope you feel better soon

-Rob

Firedrake
02-11-09, 12:22 am
I love staring at a blank wall for 30mins as I walk in place.

I'm with you on that -- I LIKE being able to zone out and just go, whether it's the recumbent bike, treadmill, or even elliptical. I can't do it on the stairmaster, though -- I have to keep watching where I put my feet.

That was a good looking back workout, BTW, H., sometimes the pump just doesn't happen -- but you still feel the results the next day -- trust me.

hardworkE
02-11-09, 12:23 pm
That was a good looking back workout, BTW, H., sometimes the pump just doesn't happen -- but you still feel the results the next day -- trust me.

You were right. My back ended up being really sore and still is. I was really working on making those tight contractions. I think it was a success.

LEGS

Leg Press: 4 sets(3pps x 10)
Squat: 4 sets (205x9) nice and slow
Hack Squat: 3 sets (3pps x 9)
Leg Extensions: 3 sets (95x10)
BB SLDL: 3 sets (115x8)
DB lunge: 2 sets w/ 40lb in each hand
Rotary calf superdrop: 150,130,100 for 3 sets
superset seated calf super drop 70, 45, 25 for 3 sets

ABS

Rope crunches: 100 reps
Incline crunches: 3 sets to failure
Obliques: bw+25 x 12 for 3 sets

Felt really good in the gym yesterday. Absolutely killed my legs. Quads, hams, glutes, and calves were all feeling it. Finished strong on mstak...179lbs. Work is pretty busy today, no gym tonight...looking to go for a bike ride after work to stretch the legs and get a little cardio.

Aggression
02-11-09, 2:10 pm
Felt really good in the gym yesterday. Absolutely killed my legs. Quads, hams, glutes, and calves were all feeling it. Finished strong on mstak...179lbs. Work is pretty busy today, no gym tonight...looking to go for a bike ride after work to stretch the legs and get a little cardio.

You definitely killed them. That's a lot of quality volume on the wheelz. 179lbs after M-stak? Solid gains man. I see that summer-time goal has been upped. Way to progress at a good rate. Now you just have to keep that food intake up while you cycle off the M-stak.

You going to run anything else next? Stak? TEST??

hardworkE
02-11-09, 2:27 pm
Yep, another good result from using Mstak. All around solid product in my book. My next universal product is probably going to be torrent once I'm done with my post-workout mixture I have going. I think the plan for now is to stay on my diet until the end of march and then slowly lean out a little bit. It should be more of a natural process than an official "cut" just figuring that when the weather gets nicer I'll be outside more exercising. I also don't think my body would respond that much to stak or test right now.

Aggression
02-11-09, 2:34 pm
Torrent is definitely an amazing flavor. We're coming out with a new flavor real soon. But I still like the Green Apple the best.

hardworkE
02-11-09, 3:30 pm
Throwing down some refrigerated tuna/rice. Tastes better cold than warmed up. Usually I throw it in the microwave for a while, but this tastes like a cold tuna salad. Not bad considering I'm not a huge fan of tuna. That burrito I had as my cheat meal for lunch is still sitting pretty heavy though haha. Thing was so good though

Aggression
02-11-09, 3:39 pm
Throwing down some refrigerated tuna/rice. Tastes better cold than warmed up. Usually I throw it in the microwave for a while, but this tastes like a cold tuna salad. Not bad considering I'm not a huge fan of tuna. That burrito I had as my cheat meal for lunch is still sitting pretty heavy though haha. Thing was so good though

Cheating is essential to growth dude. I'm feasting up on Hibachi tonight. I can't wait ...

C.Coronato
02-11-09, 3:41 pm
Looking awesome on the wheels brotha. Gotta love philly on a day like this! Nothin like crusin South Street on a warm day.

hardworkE
02-11-09, 3:46 pm
Looking awesome on the wheels brotha. Gotta love philly on a day like this! Nothin like crusin South Street on a warm day.

You know it bro. I'm gonna grab my bike after work and just cruise down by the river for a good hour. Off day from the gym, get a little relaxed cardio in. I'm counting down until I can get outta the office. I was thinking on the way to work though that Philly is a sick city when the weather is just right. Not all the hustle and bustle of NYC, but big enough where you can get or do anything you want. Looking forward to my first full spring/summer here...hope this weather sticks

hardworkE
02-11-09, 4:01 pm
Cheating is essential to growth dude. I'm feasting up on Hibachi tonight. I can't wait ...

Hibachi is a pretty clean cheat meal. Chicken, shrimp, steak and veggies. I guess if you throw in that fried rice you're getting a little dirtier

Aggression
02-11-09, 4:02 pm
Hibachi is a pretty clean cheat meal. Chicken, shrimp, steak and veggies. I guess if you throw in that fried rice you're getting a little dirtier

But the fried rice is the best part! C'mon, it has eggs in it, how bad can it be? haha.

TheDarkHalf
02-11-09, 11:47 pm
LEGS

Leg Press: 4 sets(3pps x 10)
Squat: 4 sets (205x9) nice and slow
Hack Squat: 3 sets (3pps x 9)
Leg Extensions: 3 sets (95x10)
BB SLDL: 3 sets (115x8)
DB lunge: 2 sets w/ 40lb in each hand
Rotary calf superdrop: 150,130,100 for 3 sets
superset seated calf super drop 70, 45, 25 for 3 sets

ABS

Rope crunches: 100 reps
Incline crunches: 3 sets to failure
Obliques: bw+25 x 12 for 3 sets

Way to hit the legs and abs. I'm sure you were feelin the superdrop/superset at the end. Looking forward to seeing your numbers soar!

hardworkE
02-12-09, 12:03 pm
But the fried rice is the best part! C'mon, it has eggs in it, how bad can it be? haha.

Absolutely. Eggs are a great source of protein, white rice is good for you, I say its legit.

Way to hit the legs and abs. I'm sure you were feelin the superdrop/superset at the end. Looking forward to seeing your numbers soar!

Yeah, legs are still pounding today.

Update:
Yesterday after work, I hopped on the bike and took it out for a ride. It was great to get out, weather was perfect, still a good amount of people out on the trail. After I came home I made up 2 lbs of chili. 2 lbs lean ground beef, can of tomato sauce, water, beans, peppers and the spices that came with it. Seems pretty healthy and it is delicious. Should last me 4 meals too. This is a new meal 3/4 staple.

Aggression
02-12-09, 12:36 pm
Update:
Yesterday after work, I hopped on the bike and took it out for a ride. It was great to get out, weather was perfect, still a good amount of people out on the trail. After I came home I made up 2 lbs of chili. 2 lbs lean ground beef, can of tomato sauce, water, beans, peppers and the spices that came with it. Seems pretty healthy and it is delicious. Should last me 4 meals too. This is a new meal 3/4 staple.

Yeah it was beautiful out yesterday. I drove all the way home from work with the windows cracked and it felt great; a nice change from blasting the heat ....

C.Coronato
02-12-09, 1:34 pm
You know it bro. I'm gonna grab my bike after work and just cruise down by the river for a good hour. Off day from the gym, get a little relaxed cardio in. I'm counting down until I can get outta the office. I was thinking on the way to work though that Philly is a sick city when the weather is just right. Not all the hustle and bustle of NYC, but big enough where you can get or do anything you want. Looking forward to my first full spring/summer here...hope this weather sticks

I feel ya bro. Providence was a MUCH smaller city, even of Philly. But it was great getting out and just wandering. I remember the first hint of spring and all the doors where open, working in the kitchen we would get the cool breeze. Man i miss that.

hardworkE
02-12-09, 4:32 pm
Chest tonight, ohhh man I'm foamin at the mouth getting ready for this haha. After an off day I can't be contained in the gym. This is going to be good.

LittleMan55
02-12-09, 4:44 pm
I know the feeling of being unstoppable after an off day. Really kicks ass! Tear it up tonight.

Aggression
02-12-09, 10:37 pm
Heard you had a pretty decent chest workout .....

rob_in_korea
02-13-09, 9:18 am
Outstanding Leg work E. I hope you had a great Chest workout.

-Rob

hardworkE
02-13-09, 9:42 am
After an off-day, I go into the gym feeling so refreshed. Mentally and physically. Yesterday I felt really strong walking into the gym, and the weights just kind of felt easy to me. Damn thats a good feeling.

CHEST

Incline BB: 4 sets(205x5)PR
Incline fly: 3 sets (45x8)
Flat DB/BB: 60x10, 70x10, 80x6, 135x10, 185x7
Incline chest HS: 3 sets
Low cable cross: 2 sets
Pushups thrown in throughout workout

BI'S
Super drop curls: 40, 35, 30, 25
Super drop hammers: 40, 35, 30, 25
Super drop seated curls: 35, 30, 25, 15

DONE

Hit 205 on incline for the first time ever. Got 4 clean and then a partial 5th with a spot, but I'm gonna go ahead and count that one. I had a really intense pump in my chest. After putting up 205 on incline I was floating around the gym, feeling great and extremely focused. I followed that up with the most intense pump I've had in my bi's in a really long time. I can't remember the last time they felt like that. And while I was lifting they actually looked someone big(I think my arms look small compared to everything else but that might just be me). Great day in the gym. Today is supposed to be an off day, but I think I'm going to get in the gym and do some minor groups. Abs, forearms, calves, maybe some shrugs/back, rear delts. Just a quick 30-40 minute session. Side note: weighed in at 183 after the workout. I definitely think being 185 at a clean bf% by may/june is possible. Things are definitely clicking right now.

hardworkE
02-13-09, 9:43 am
I know the feeling of being unstoppable after an off day. Really kicks ass! Tear it up tonight.

Yeah I was definitely completely refreshed. Finally got over a little sickness that was bothering me.

Heard you had a pretty decent chest workout .....

Prettttty decent, I'd say

Outstanding Leg work E. I hope you had a great Chest workout.

-Rob

Thanks, the legs are coming along...I love getting in there and killing them.

LittleMan55
02-13-09, 9:56 am
Nice looking chest and bi work!

C.Coronato
02-13-09, 10:03 am
YAAA. Killing that incline. And the pushups thrown in are the best. I end my workout with cable crossovers, 6 sets, light weight, then 10 decline pushups inbetween each one. I leave the gym and my chest feels like someone pumped air into it. Its heaven. haha.

Aggression
02-13-09, 10:38 am
You've been putting in some great work. It's a great when everything is 'clicking'. Stay in that groove and continue to make progress. Awesome numbers on chest and a niCe way to pump up them gunz.

TheDarkHalf
02-13-09, 10:39 am
Good job on the Incline PR. Keep adding 5lbs to your incline sets each week and you'll see some great results.

hardworkE
02-13-09, 10:44 am
Nice looking chest and bi work!

Thanks man, both are coming along pretty nicely. This is a successful bulk so far

hardworkE
02-13-09, 10:46 am
YAAA. Killing that incline. And the pushups thrown in are the best. I end my workout with cable crossovers, 6 sets, light weight, then 10 decline pushups inbetween each one. I leave the gym and my chest feels like someone pumped air into it. Its heaven. haha.

There are times when I'm in the locker room after chest and its almost funny the way my chest looks. It literally looks like two balloons filled up with air. I wonder if I'm the only one that thinks that haha.

You've been putting in some great work. It's a great when everything is 'clicking'. Stay in that groove and continue to make progress. Awesome numbers on chest and a niCe way to pump up them gunz.

Yep, its been feeling great. The forvm definitely helps keep you mentally prepared while going through your personal journey. Just gotta stick with it.

hardworkE
02-13-09, 10:47 am
Good job on the Incline PR. Keep adding 5lbs to your incline sets each week and you'll see some great results.

The day I have 225 on the bar for flat or incline is going to be a huge/monumental day. I remember when I started lifting I thought putting 1 45lb on each side would be the biggest moment of my life. Now I warm up with that and I'm going for 2 on each side. Love looking back on things like that.

hardworkE
02-13-09, 1:14 pm
Just hit the gym for a little quick session. Hit calves, forearms, t bar row, outer quads, and side delts. Felt good to get in for a little bit and just hit some smaller groups. Now its time to let the body heal and grow. No lifting this weekend. Back on the grind monday.

Aggression
02-13-09, 1:17 pm
Just hit the gym for a little quick session. Hit calves, forearms, t bar row, outer quads, and side delts. Felt good to get in for a little bit and just hit some smaller groups. Now its time to let the body heal and grow. No lifting this weekend. Back on the grind monday.

Rest up this weekend, you made some great gains this week. Keep the food heavy and the activity at a minimum. Come back Monday and bring the house down.

rob_in_korea
02-14-09, 11:42 pm
Solid Chest and Bi work E. Great job on the Incline BB.

-Rob

hardworkE
02-16-09, 3:38 pm
Nice weekend to eat/grow, relax and recover. Now it's time to get back to business. Body feels rested up and ready to go. Legs are pretty sore from running back to back games of bball yesterday, but they will be ready to go on Wednesday. Just going to keep pumping in that food until my workout tonight. Also picked up some more multivitamins(same ones I been using since I started the bulk...if it ain't broke) and BCAA's. Three before, three after. See how they work out. Just something new to throw into the mix. Coming back hard with shoulders tonight. Amped up about it. Time to continue the growth...

Aggression
02-16-09, 3:42 pm
Those BCAAs will definitely help with muscle growth. Hit them shoulders hard brother. You going to hit back to back presses this time around?

C.Coronato
02-16-09, 4:22 pm
let me know how you like those BCAAs im thinking about hopping on the Agression/hardworkE band wagon. haha. Kill them shoulders. I got legs. I know your jealous!

hardworkE
02-16-09, 9:03 pm
2:30: 8 oz chicken/brown rice/broccoli
4:30: 2 pb/j on flax/fiber bread
5:30: Shock Therapy, 3 BCAA tabs
6:00: Gym

DELTS

DB press: 3 sets(75x7) almost didn't get them up w/ a spot, but then pumped out 7 slow/controlled reps. Haha.
SM Military Press: 3 sets(165x8)
BTN SM press: 2 sets(135x5)
Side delt raises: 3 sets
Rear delt raise: 2 sets
Rear pec dec: 2 sets
BB Shrugs: 4 sets(225x10)
DB shrugs: 3 sets(85x10)

Straight Bar pressdown:3 sets
CG Press: 3 sets(135x8)
Rope pressdown: 2 sets

DONE
PWO shake and 3 BCAA tabs

Shoulder workout went great. Good volume, great pump. I was spent when it came to the tricep workout. I felt like my energy was completely down. Usually I feel like I'm fine, but I think all of the heavy presses and high volume of the shoulder workout. I really need to work out on the tricep head. The inside of my tricep on my underarm feels like it gets a good workout, but the head usually doesn't. Have to work on that. Good stuff. 2 cans of tuna and green beans now, followed by a shake before bed.

Aggression
02-16-09, 10:48 pm
Heavy heavy volume on the delts bro. Them shits will be hurtin' tomorrow. Glad to see you threw in them BCAAs. I really think they'll make a difference in recovery and growth. The best part about BCAAs is that they're real cheap. A couple bucks will give you about 1-2months supply, yet they're essential supplements; at least in my opinion.

Not surprised that your tricep workout lagged after all that pressing. Your triceps were worked while hitting those presses so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Good stuff.

hardworkE
02-17-09, 8:05 am
Heavy heavy volume on the delts bro. Them shits will be hurtin' tomorrow. Glad to see you threw in them BCAAs. I really think they'll make a difference in recovery and growth. The best part about BCAAs is that they're real cheap. A couple bucks will give you about 1-2months supply, yet they're essential supplements; at least in my opinion.

Not surprised that your tricep workout lagged after all that pressing. Your triceps were worked while hitting those presses so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Good stuff.

Yea my delts are feeling sore already, and its only like 12 hours after the workout.

LittleMan55
02-17-09, 9:03 am
That is one heavy duty delt and tri session...

C.Coronato
02-17-09, 9:46 am
nice delts brotha. How did you like those BNP? I love em.

hardworkE
02-17-09, 3:00 pm
That is one heavy duty delt and tri session...

Yeah, definitely was exhausted after the workout and my shoulders are really, really sore.

nice delts brotha. How did you like those BNP? I love em.

It was good, but it was just 2 somewhat lighter sets. After DB and military presses, my shoulders were feeling pretty tired. Took some time to gather myself and hit up my isolation movements

C.Coronato
02-17-09, 3:02 pm
Ya man i hear ya. I hit Fronts then Backs then DB then isos. Toasty after that.

hardworkE
02-17-09, 3:07 pm
I feel like my appetite has increased after ending Mstak. I have been eating non stop, but now I find myself hungry after meals 2 and 3(8-10 oz lean beef/chicken with a cup of rice/sweet potato). I also increased my breakfast to 3 whole eggs and 3 whites, instead of just 3 whole eggs. I am just going to keep feeding, I think I am going to throw in an extra shake somewhere in the day as well. I take being hungry as being a good sign.

Aggression
02-17-09, 3:15 pm
I feel like my appetite has increased after ending Mstak. I have been eating non stop, but now I find myself hungry after meals 2 and 3(8-10 oz lean beef/chicken with a cup of rice/sweet potato). I also increased my breakfast to 3 whole eggs and 3 whites, instead of just 3 whole eggs. I am just going to keep feeding, I think I am going to throw in an extra shake somewhere in the day as well. I take being hungry as being a good sign.

Try to add some healthy fats in there for meals 2 and 3. A handful of peanuts/cashews or a big spoonful of peanut butter will do the trick (believe me it really does do the trick). I'm always hungry right after my 3rd meal because its the meal without fats in it.

hardworkE
02-17-09, 3:33 pm
Try to add some healthy fats in there for meals 2 and 3. A handful of peanuts/cashews or a big spoonful of peanut butter will do the trick (believe me it really does do the trick). I'm always hungry right after my 3rd meal because its the meal without fats in it.

thats it right there. I'm gonna get a can of pb or a can of almonds/peanuts and put it in my desk.

Firedrake
02-17-09, 3:59 pm
Great delt day, and I understand the hunger thing. Keep it up, bro! Like you said in my journey -- sometimes you just gotta push through.

rob_in_korea
02-17-09, 7:35 pm
Great Shoulder and Tri work E. That is a lot of pressing.

-Rob

B Con
02-17-09, 7:47 pm
SUBBED. First time in here and damn sure won't be the last. Count me in.

hardworkE
02-18-09, 9:26 am
Great delt day, and I understand the hunger thing. Keep it up, bro! Like you said in my journey -- sometimes you just gotta push through.

Great Shoulder and Tri work E. That is a lot of pressing.

-Rob

Thanks for checking in guys, shoulder day was one of the most physically exhausting workouts I've had in a while. Short rest in between sets and good volume.

hardworkE
02-18-09, 9:26 am
SUBBED. First time in here and damn sure won't be the last. Count me in.

Always good to see a new face around here, thanks for dropping in for my journey

hardworkE
02-18-09, 9:39 am
Phila

5:00 Shock Therapy/3 BCAA
5:30 Gym

Back

Rack deads: 135x20, 225x12, 275x8, 335x3, 365x2 drop 225x6
T Bar row: 45x12, 70x10 drop 45x12 drop 25x6 really slow
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets 8-12
-Superset one arm cable rows: 3 sets of 10
BB rows: 3 sets(95x8)

Incline situps: 3 sets of ~20-25
Rope crunches: 3 sets of 25

After rack deads and t bar, my back was fried. It felt so pumped up, which I've never really had happen so early in my workout. During rack deaeds 335 felt somewhat easy, probably couldve gotten 6, but I wanted to try to set a new weight PR. The first one for 365 went up and wasn't too bad, the second one was pretty tough...I think I just lost focus for a second. I was going to give it one more, but figured I would just drop weight and get some nice, slow, controlled reps in. Felt good to see 365 on the bar.

I felt a much bigger pump in my right side after the first two exercises as well. My right side is definitely more dominant in the gym. Anyone else have this problem? I feel like no matter how strict I keep my form, the right side is getting a lot more work. I think it might be due to my shoulder, I feel like I have an impingement or something...but it never really hurts too bad. It will get sore after a lot of pressing, but never so bad where I'm in pain. Plus its just as strong on DB presses for shoulders/chest. I think I might just drop into a doctor and see what they have to say. But I feel like I know the verdict already...stop lifting for a couple months. Theres no way I can do that now, I finally feel like I'm making really good progress. We'll see what happens. Legs tonight, I think I'm going to lay off of squats this week to give my back a rest. Plus I've done them the past 8 or so weeks in a row. Heavy leg presses, hack squats, power squats coming...

Aggression
02-18-09, 9:46 am
Damn E, loading 360+ on the bar! niCe!

I hear you on the weaker sides. I didn't know I had a stronger side until my training partner pointed out that I pull stronger with my left side on the lat pulldown. Since then I've fixed the form of it and we'll see what happens. From a visual standpoint in the mirror when doing a back flex, I never noticed it, but when I diet down I want everything to be symmetrical. If you look into a mirror during the exercises, take careful look, otherwise, have someone worthy just watch the form on a set.

Yeah, the Dr.'s first suggestion would be to stop lifting. Fuck that. Keep a close eye on it and listen to your body. Don't do anything that will place extra stress on it.

C.Coronato
02-18-09, 9:46 am
Still looking good brother. I have back tonight. Rack dead woooohooo. Might as well just check in on that shoulder. It could be worse than you think but at the same time it might be nothin.

NJC_Manhattan
02-18-09, 10:00 am
Looking strong man.

TheDarkHalf
02-18-09, 10:00 am
Nice work on the back. I don't have the same issue with strength, but I do have a problem with my right bicep being bigger than my left bicep and I train them the same.

hardworkE
02-18-09, 10:11 am
Damn E, loading 360+ on the bar! niCe!

I hear you on the weaker sides. I didn't know I had a stronger side until my training partner pointed out that I pull stronger with my left side on the lat pulldown. Since then I've fixed the form of it and we'll see what happens. From a visual standpoint in the mirror when doing a back flex, I never noticed it, but when I diet down I want everything to be symmetrical. If you look into a mirror during the exercises, take careful look, otherwise, have someone worthy just watch the form on a set.

Yeah I've been talking with a guy in the gym who seems like he knows his shit and helped me with my squats. Maybe I'll have him take a look next week for back.

Still looking good brother. I have back tonight. Rack dead woooohooo. Might as well just check in on that shoulder. It could be worse than you think but at the same time it might be nothin.

Tear that back up tonight man, cant hold anything back during contest time

Looking strong man.

Thanks man, felt good to set a new PR as always

Nice work on the back. I don't have the same issue with strength, but I do have a problem with my right bicep being bigger than my left bicep and I train them the same.

Seems like everyone has something along these lines. Not a big deal for now, I'll just try to make sure everything is as even as possible

C.Coronato
02-18-09, 10:16 am
You got that right brother.

Aggression
02-18-09, 3:19 pm
MexiCali Blues Burrito. I'll take a pic and send it to you before I devour it.

hardworkE
02-18-09, 3:22 pm
MexiCali Blues Burrito. I'll take a pic and send it to you before I devour it.

You're going to enjoy it. I had my burrito before, and then have to put down some ground turkey/sweet potato even though the burrito was still sitting heavy. Thats the thing about cheat meals...they always fill me up so much that the next meal is tough to get down. I think I need to follow cheats with a shake instead. Oh well, it was definitely worth it.

Aggression
02-18-09, 3:24 pm
You're going to enjoy it. I had my burrito before, and then have to put down some ground turkey/sweet potato even though the burrito was still sitting heavy. Thats the thing about cheat meals...they always fill me up so much that the next meal is tough to get down. I think I need to follow cheats with a shake instead. Oh well, it was definitely worth it.

That's exactly what I do. My big cheat meal will be meal 5. My final meal, meal 6, will be a shake of some sort.

rob_in_korea
02-19-09, 1:02 am
Outstanding Back work E.

-Rob

hardworkE
02-19-09, 9:12 am
Outstanding Back work E.

-Rob

Thanks man, appreciate the support

hardworkE
02-19-09, 9:17 am
Wheels

10 minute bike warmup/stretch

Leg Press: 4 sets 8-20(4pps x 8)
Power Squat: 3 sets (3pps x 10)
Superset Hack Squat: 3 sets (3pps x 10)
Leg extension: 2 sets single leg x 40-50, 1 set x 110
Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets (110x8)

Rotary Calf century: 170. 150, 130, 110, 80 (2 sets)
Seated calf raise: 3 sets(45x12)

10 minute cool down on the treadmill, 7.0 incline, 3.7mph

DONE

Legs felt great, nice and shaky. I really do love doing legs. You can push yourself to the limits. It is great. Took the week off of BB Squats, next week I will get back into them. Definitely can feel my legs growing. Picked up some beginner gains when I first started a couple months ago, but they are still growing, no doubt about it. Today is a day of rest. I need it. I feel the BCAA's may be helping with recovery, because usually I am a lot more sore, but I just need a one day break from the gym. Back at it tomorrow with Chest/bis

Aggression
02-19-09, 9:30 am
niCe session E. Good volume on the lower extremities. Rest days are a beautiful thing. I had mine last night and loved it. Just relaxed and hung around.

C.Coronato
02-19-09, 9:35 am
Damn rest days. Still am yet to know what those are lol. Solid legs E. I love how we are in the same boat Leg wise. I look forward to it so much haha.

hardworkE
02-19-09, 9:40 am
niCe session E. Good volume on the lower extremities. Rest days are a beautiful thing. I had mine last night and loved it. Just relaxed and hung around.

Yeah, I'm just going to eat up, don't have anything to do after work so I'm just lounging and sleeping. Sleep to grow.

Damn rest days. Still am yet to know what those are lol. Solid legs E. I love how we are in the same boat Leg wise. I look forward to it so much haha.

Yeah I like a good rest day where I can get some good sleep, think it helps me grow better. I'm just trying not to change anything except shake up my workouts bc something is working right now, so I just want to keep going with it. And I honestly look forward to legs...I feel like you can bring an intensity to legs that you cant with other bodyparts. I get in a really crazy state of mind when I do legs haha. It's like battle.

C.Coronato
02-19-09, 9:43 am
Yeah, I'm just going to eat up, don't have anything to do after work so I'm just lounging and sleeping. Sleep to grow.

Yeah I like a good rest day where I can get some good sleep, think it helps me grow better. I'm just trying not to change anything except shake up my workouts bc something is working right now, so I just want to keep going with it. And I honestly look forward to legs...I feel like you can bring an intensity to legs that you cant with other bodyparts. I get in a really crazy state of mind when I do legs haha. It's like battle.

Ya man i agree. I have taken maybe a handful of days off a week since i competed in November and they were never by choice. But like you said, why change something if your doing ok doing it like this. Which is why I dont want to change it. I go 7x a week but thats how i know my body responds well. My recovery time is unbelievable. But yes. I agree with legs. You really can push yourself to all limits with your legs. Its like stored strength that you do not know is there lol.

TheDarkHalf
02-19-09, 11:33 am
Good work on the legs. How does a power squat differ from a regular squat? I liked that superset though I bet that was killer.

hardworkE
02-19-09, 11:45 am
Good work on the legs. How does a power squat differ from a regular squat? I liked that superset though I bet that was killer.

Its actually a 2-in one machine. Hack squats you put your back onto the machine and for power squats you set your shoulders into the machine. Kind of hard to explain, I didn't know what the machine was until I saw some guy doing it and asked about it. Doing both back to back burns the hell out of your legs. Here's the machine though...

http://store.sorinex.com/Multi_Squat_Machine_Power_Squat_p/ms-1.htm

hardworkE
02-19-09, 1:38 pm
Damn meals are definitely tougher to get down on non-training days for some reason. I don't know what it is. Oh well, just going to keep chewing and get them down today. Maybe its just one of those days. I've been thinking lately about what route I want to take. I have stayed somewhat lean, I am not good at determining bodyfat, but I am able to see top abs when flexed. Mostly I am looking a lot thicker than I have in the past, not a soft thick either. I don't know if I want to bulk during the summer or cut down a little bit so that I'll be wanting to rip off the shirt every chance I get. The thing is, I don't want to really sacrifice strength.

I think my plan of attack is going to be to keep doing what I'm doing now, then in March, start incorporating more cardio. Right now I am basically doing 0 cardio, except to stretch on leg day. I will probably do 3x a week in the morning upon waking before work. Nothing intense, just a light jog/bike ride for 20-30 minutes. Diet will stay the same, maybe up protein a little bit, but keep carbs and fats at the same level. I guess I'll see how this looks and how my body reacts. Ideally I would like to stay above 180 and just lean out a little more until I can see abs and more definition. I definitely like lifting and getting stronger, but make no mistake...I want the hard work in the gym and with the fork to show. Thats the plan of attack. March 1st I will start to incorporate cardio and see what happens. I really do not want to dip below 175...pretty much ever again. I'll see how I respond to the cardio and make sure that I don't fall too low.

Also, do you personally cycle off of creatine at all? Or just stay on it constantly? I've been on it for about 6-8 months constantly. Actually I guess I took a week off for vacation, but I was just curious

NJC_Manhattan
02-19-09, 1:42 pm
Damn meals are definitely tougher to get down on non-training days for some reason. I don't know what it is. Oh well, just going to keep chewing and get them down today. Maybe its just one of those days. I've been thinking lately about what route I want to take. I have stayed somewhat lean, I am not good at determining bodyfat, but I am able to see top abs when flexed. Mostly I am looking a lot thicker than I have in the past, not a soft thick either. I don't know if I want to bulk during the summer or cut down a little bit so that I'll be wanting to rip off the shirt every chance I get. The thing is, I don't want to really sacrifice strength.

I think my plan of attack is going to be to keep doing what I'm doing now, then in March, start incorporating more cardio. Right now I am basically doing 0 cardio, except to stretch on leg day. I will probably do 3x a week in the morning upon waking before work. Nothing intense, just a light jog/bike ride for 20-30 minutes. Diet will stay the same, maybe up protein a little bit, but keep carbs and fats at the same level. I guess I'll see how this looks and how my body reacts. Ideally I would like to stay above 180 and just lean out a little more until I can see abs and more definition. I definitely like lifting and getting stronger, but make no mistake...I want the hard work in the gym and with the fork to show. Thats the plan of attack. March 1st I will start to incorporate cardio and see what happens. I really do not want to dip below 175...pretty much ever again. I'll see how I respond to the cardio and make sure that I don't fall too low.

Also, do you personally cycle off of creatine at all? Or just stay on it constantly? I've been on it for about 6-8 months constantly. Actually I guess I took a week off for vacation, but I was just curious

You know, maybe adding Nitro and a no carb protein supp to a caveman like diet, could keep muscle up and body fat down... Just a suggestion. But you gotta find what works for you (as you know) and monitor those macros. Still, you're doing good work man.

Aggression
02-19-09, 2:18 pm
Ah the age old question of whether to bulk right through summer or shed some body fat to look good. The way I see it, its definitely a personal choice. In my early years, I wanted to look good on the beach, so come every April/May, I'd start doing more cardio and I'd clean up my diet. The last summer was spent bulking straight through because I knew I wanted to compete, and I knew I had to gain some mass.

If you're just in this to stay healthy and look good, then I see nothing wrong with trying to cut off a few small pounds before the summer started. Maybe eliminate carbs at the last meal or two, and hit cardio 3-4x/week, keeping everything else the same. Maybe making even smaller changes, like eliminating ground beef and cheat meals would be easier. A summer cut would be the way you see how much you've changed/gained over the winter, always trying to get just as lean with a few more pounds of muscle each year.

Of course, if you're ever interested in competing, that's another story. If so, I would stay on the clean bulk all summer long. If you want to step on stage, you must see that long-term goal ahead and work towards it now. To me, going back and forth between a bulk/cut with a contest in the future is pointless.

That's just my .02.

O yeah, and I don't cycle off creatine. I stay on 365/24/7. I might end up dropping it the last few weeks of contest prep, but who knows ....

hardworkE
02-19-09, 3:00 pm
Ah the age old question of whether to bulk right through summer or shed some body fat to look good. The way I see it, its definitely a personal choice. In my early years, I wanted to look good on the beach, so come every April/May, I'd start doing more cardio and I'd clean up my diet. The last summer was spent bulking straight through because I knew I wanted to compete, and I knew I had to gain some mass.

If you're just in this to stay healthy and look good, then I see nothing wrong with trying to cut off a few small pounds before the summer started. Maybe eliminate carbs at the last meal or two, and hit cardio 3-4x/week, keeping everything else the same. Maybe making even smaller changes, like eliminating ground beef and cheat meals would be easier. A summer cut would be the way you see how much you've changed/gained over the winter, always trying to get just as lean with a few more pounds of muscle each year.

Of course, if you're ever interested in competing, that's another story. If so, I would stay on the clean bulk all summer long. If you want to step on stage, you must see that long-term goal ahead and work towards it now. To me, going back and forth between a bulk/cut with a contest in the future is pointless.

That's just my .02.

O yeah, and I don't cycle off creatine. I stay on 365/24/7. I might end up dropping it the last few weeks of contest prep, but who knows ....

True true. I just don't really want to go backwards as far as muscle/strength is concerned. So I am going to keep my diet the same. Still get all my carbs in and red meat and see how my body reacts. Hopefully I will just lean out and stay above 180, then once summer dies down I can continue en route to 200...thats the gameplan for now, it can always change though haha. We'll see

TheDarkHalf
02-19-09, 8:49 pm
True true. I just don't really want to go backwards as far as muscle/strength is concerned. So I am going to keep my diet the same. Still get all my carbs in and red meat and see how my body reacts. Hopefully I will just lean out and stay above 180, then once summer dies down I can continue en route to 200...thats the gameplan for now, it can always change though haha. We'll see

I'm planning on cutting, and you can still cut and push your strength.

hardworkE
02-20-09, 11:31 am
I'm planning on cutting, and you can still cut and push your strength.

This is what I'm planning on doing, but I will see how it goes.

Eating my meals has been getting harder and harder. My second and third meal of the day are getting tougher to put down. Maybe its the mstak wearing off, or maybe its just me getting bored of the food. I usually switch it up between ground beef, turkey, tuna and chicken with brown rice or sweet potato. I will be throwing in whole wheat pasta a little more. I know its not as good, but it goes down way easier. Until then, just going to keep shoveling food down my throat haha.

Aggression
02-20-09, 11:43 am
This is what I'm planning on doing, but I will see how it goes.

Eating my meals has been getting harder and harder. My second and third meal of the day are getting tougher to put down. Maybe its the mstak wearing off, or maybe its just me getting bored of the food. I usually switch it up between ground beef, turkey, tuna and chicken with brown rice or sweet potato. I will be throwing in whole wheat pasta a little more. I know its not as good, but it goes down way easier. Until then, just going to keep shoveling food down my throat haha.

We all hit rough spots brother. It's how you push through them that will determine your character and show your desire. There has been times where it takes me 30-45min to put down a meal. Other times, that same meal will be gone in under 10min. You just have to look at the food as a necessity, as important as your workout. More important. Switch things up to keep it fresh. For me, a simple switching of the marinades is all I need. Keep them calories coming.

hardworkE
02-20-09, 8:22 pm
CHEST/BI'S

Flat DB: 55x12, 65x10, 75x8, 90x5
Incline DB: 3 sets(75x8)
Incline Smith Machine: 3 sets(175x8)
Incline fly: 3 sets(50x8)
Flat fly: 3 sets(50x10)
Decline BB: 2 sets(135x8)

pushups thrown in throughout workout

Cable curl: 1 set x 50
Drop curl: 40, 35, 30, 25, 15
Drop hammer: 40, 35, 30, 25, 15
Drop curl: 35, 30, 25, 15

Chest and bis were both really pumped, but my shoulder was feeling pretty sore. On the flat DB my left arm wasn't really up to the challenge of the 90s, but if the shoulder felt better I think I could have gotten a solid 8 reps out. Thats pretty good for me, I haven't done flat DB first in a while. Last time I did them first I prob did 75s...actually I'm gonna go through my log and see if I ever have done them first during this journey. I think I am going to try to self rehab it for a week and if that doesnt work, see a doctor. It doesn't hurt too bad when I'm lifting but I don't want to fuck it up too bad.

Aggression
02-21-09, 10:24 am
Damn E. That is a serious Chest/Bicep workout. Hitting those 90s is great. Next up, you'll be pressing triple digit DBs. I like the 50 rep bicep curl too. Good shit brother. You're definitely starting to get real strong in here.

Firedrake
02-21-09, 1:07 pm
N-i-i-i-ice Chest and Bis. Good volume, good weights . . . definitely working for those results!

rob_in_korea
02-21-09, 9:27 pm
Outstanding workouts E. I've had plenty of times also where eating became difficult but eventually you overcome it and keep going. I've been on creatine for the past few years but once I do my cut I will cycle off it.

-Rob

hardworkE
02-23-09, 4:02 pm
Damn E. That is a serious Chest/Bicep workout. Hitting those 90s is great. Next up, you'll be pressing triple digit DBs. I like the 50 rep bicep curl too. Good shit brother. You're definitely starting to get real strong in here.

Thanks, first time I lifted 90s up. 5 with no spot felt pretty good.

N-i-i-i-ice Chest and Bis. Good volume, good weights . . . definitely working for those results!

Thanks, who doesn't love pumping chest haha. It was a productive workoout though

Outstanding workouts E. I've had plenty of times also where eating became difficult but eventually you overcome it and keep going. I've been on creatine for the past few years but once I do my cut I will cycle off it.

-Rob

Thanks, luckily the eating came back strong this week. It must have just been one of those days...I think I need to phase out tuna. I can't get excited for it at all.

Back to the gym today. Delts. My shoulder feels a lot better than it has. I have been doing some rehab exercises that I found online at my house every now and then. No weight, just working the muscle a little. I'll see what kind of pump I get today...cant wait

hardworkE
02-24-09, 5:10 pm
Delts

Seated Side lat raises: 3 sets(20x7)
DB Press: 3 sets(65x10)
Rear lat raise: 3 sets(20x90
Super set DB Shrug: 3 sets(90x9)
Rear pec dec: 2 sets
HS military press: 1 super drop set starting at 110 down to 40
BB Shrugs: 4 sets

forearm/wrist curls until I couldn't close my hands or hold another weight

Yesterday was the best shoulder workout, maybe of my life. My shoulder felt 100%...first time in a looong time. I think the rotator cuff exercises I have been doing are definitely helping. I had an insane pump in both shoulders. It felt amazing. Today my shoulders aren't really that sore, but still almost feel pumped. I hope it stays like this...definitely will help strength on chest and back day as well. Back today. Time to tear it up...also an official weigh in today. Hoping to move off of the 180lb block. Lets do this

rob_in_korea
02-24-09, 8:08 pm
Solid Shoulder work E. It's good to hear that your shoulder is feeling better.

-Rob

B Con
02-24-09, 8:19 pm
Nice to know I wasn't the only one blasting delts today. Great work E.

Firedrake
02-24-09, 8:33 pm
Good stuff! I'll be hitting delts on Thursday, and thinking of your example.

NJC_Manhattan
02-24-09, 8:36 pm
Haven't been here in a while, and youre still killin it. Good shit my man

Aggression
02-25-09, 9:07 am
Some big volume there on them delts. niCe work bud. I like the all-out drop set on the HS press. Get that scale to move up!!

hardworkE
02-25-09, 9:42 am
Back/Tri's

DB Row: 3 sets(80x8)
T Bar Row: 3 sets(85x8)
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets(140x10)
CG Pulldown: 3 sets(120x7)
Deadlifts: 3 sets(185x10)
Seated Row: 3 sets

Tri Pushdown: 60x60
Overhead extension: 20,15,10 drop set for 3 per arm
Dips: 3 sets x 12
Underhand extension: 2 sets

DONE

Had a great pump in my back yesterday, shoulder still felt good too which is a plus. Pulled deadlifts from the ground because I haven't done that in a pretty long time and just went for lighter weight to work on my form and get a strong contraction. Also liked doing tri's with back a lot more than with shoulders. Finally got a really good pump in them. Yesterday was also my official weigh-in. 182. I was 185 on monday, but that was probably from a couple cheat meals over the weekend. Still climbing. Next week starts my addition of cardio. I don't think I'm going to be doing early morning cardio outside until the weather breaks. Getting up extra early is tough as it is, nevermind freezing my ass off.

hardworkE
02-25-09, 9:44 am
Solid Shoulder work E. It's good to hear that your shoulder is feeling better.

-Rob

Yeah definitely feels pretty good. I'm hoping it holds up. I'll just keep doing my exercises

Nice to know I wasn't the only one blasting delts today. Great work E.

I'll be right over to check out the workout. Felt good over here though

Good stuff! I'll be hitting delts on Thursday, and thinking of your example.
The drop set at the end really lit them on fire...

Haven't been here in a while, and youre still killin it. Good shit my man

Thanks man, everything is going well right now...just going to keep on it

Some big volume there on them delts. niCe work bud. I like the all-out drop set on the HS press. Get that scale to move up!!

Yeah the drop was a good finisher. At the end 40 pounds was burning my shoulders up

C.Coronato
02-25-09, 10:05 am
Had a great pump in my back yesterday, shoulder still felt good too which is a plus. Pulled deadlifts from the ground because I haven't done that in a pretty long time and just went for lighter weight to work on my form and get a strong contraction. Also liked doing tri's with back a lot more than with shoulders. Finally got a really good pump in them. Yesterday was also my official weigh-in. 182. I was 185 on monday, but that was probably from a couple cheat meals over the weekend. Still climbing. Next week starts my addition of cardio. I don't think I'm going to be doing early morning cardio outside until the weather breaks. Getting up extra early is tough as it is, nevermind freezing my ass off.

Early AM cardio is the worst. I have to start it in a few weeks and i HOPE its not going to be cold. I had to do it last year around october, november before my show, and its just miserable getting out of bed. Either way, solid back workout. You like floor deads?

LittleMan55
02-25-09, 10:20 am
Great back and tri work bro! I feel you on the eating. If you are like me you can go for a long spell just slamming down food. Then you hit a spot where you cant eat period and have to force it. It passes though and the appetite definately comes back.

hardworkE
02-25-09, 10:28 am
Early AM cardio is the worst. I have to start it in a few weeks and i HOPE its not going to be cold. I had to do it last year around october, november before my show, and its just miserable getting out of bed. Either way, solid back workout. You like floor deads?

Floor deads were okay. I know my form still isnt perfect, which is why I stuck with light weight. For a complete workout I would say they are really good, but for targeting your back I think rack deads trump it. Just my opinion

Great back and tri work bro! I feel you on the eating. If you are like me you can go for a long spell just slamming down food. Then you hit a spot where you cant eat period and have to force it. It passes though and the appetite definately comes back.

Yeah, I'm sure it happens to everyone. Luckily the appetite is back already. Just a 2 day streak.

hardworkE
02-25-09, 4:31 pm
I have been looking forward to this workout all week...LEGS. Time to grow.

This is going to be fun.

hardworkE
02-26-09, 9:51 am
LEGS

10 minutes on bike warmup

Squats: 4 sets(205x10)
Hack squats: 3 sets(3ppsx10 drop 1pps x 6 slowww)
Leg Press: 3 sets(3pps x 9)
Lying leg curl: 2 sets x 50 one leg at a time, 110x10
DB Lunges: 3 sets(45x8)
Rotary calf: 3 sets x 20
Seated calf: 3 sets x 12-20

DONE

Blown up. My legs were feeling really pumped up during the whole workout. Right after squats, I knew I was going to do some serious damage. Despite wanting to call it a day after leg press bc my legs were really feeling it, I took a quick breather and finished up strong. I had nothing in the tank left for abs. I'm going to have to do them today. Off day/light cardio/abs today. My legs have never been sore this fast either. I worked out at 7 and when I woke up this morning my glutes/quads/hams were all sore getting outta bed. Uh oh. haha, loved crushing legs though

C.Coronato
02-26-09, 10:27 am
Nice man. I got legs tonight cant wait. Keep on crushing.

Aggression
02-26-09, 11:46 am
High volume on them legs brotha. They'll be sure grow if you keep that up.

hardworkE
02-26-09, 4:47 pm
Diet plugged into fitday.com

Calories
Fat
41%

Saturated
12%

Polyunsaturated
5%

Monounsaturated
18%

Carbohydrate
25%

Dietary Fiber

Protein
35%

Fat (41%) Carbs (25%)
Protein (35%) Alcohol (0%)

Not included are protein powders. 500 more calories, 4g fat, 65g protein, 4g carbs

hardworkE
02-27-09, 9:21 am
Chest/Bi's

19103 Phila
6:30am: 3 eggs, 3 whites, cup oatmeal
7:15am: Shock Therapy, BCAA
7:30am: GYM

Incline DB: 4 sets(80x7)
Flat BB: 3 sets(185x6)
Flat fly: 2 sets(50x9)
Incline HS: 3 sets(80per side x7)
Cable cross: 2 sets

Cable Curl: 50x20
Drop set db curls: 40, 35, 30, 25, 15
Drop set pinwheel: 35, 30, 25, 15
Hammer curls: 2 sets(30x10)

Had to get into the gym for an early morning workout. Luckily it was really nice on the walk over so that instantly put me in a good mood. If I had to walk over in 30 degree weather, I wouldn't have been feeling that fresh. Weights definitely felt a bit heavier...only getting in one meal 45 minutes before the weight goes up is tough. Especially because I wake up pretty hungry every morning. Overall I liked getting in the gym early though. It really wakes you up quick and it feels good to get a nice pump to start your day off. It felt like someone stuck a straw into my chest and just blew in air until it was going to pop. Once the weather gets nice all the time I think I am going to make the switch to the AM workout. If I'm still getting intense pumps, it shouldn't matter that the weights aren't as high. I will definitely need some kind of preWO stimulant though, be it Pump, Shock Therapy, or old fashioned Coffee.

I also weighed in at 184. Pretty good after one meal. A, there will be a point in time when me and you weigh the same thing...thats the funny part. Yeah it will probably be on the day of your show, but I'll count it Haha

Aggression
02-27-09, 9:27 am
Chest/Bi's
A, there will be a point in time when me and you weigh the same thing...thats the funny part. Yeah it will probably be on the day of your show, but I'll count it Haha

hahaha I definitely laughed out loud with this. It's definitely true. At your rate, you might end up weighing more than me for a few days!

Strong DB's on the flat fly. niCe work. It's definitely a big tougher getting into the gym earlier after only a meal or two. But it must be niCe to know that when you get off tonight, you won't have to hit the gym up ...

hardworkE
02-27-09, 9:29 am
hahaha I definitely laughed out loud with this. It's definitely true. At your rate, you might end up weighing more than me for a few days!

Strong DB's on the flat fly. niCe work. It's definitely a big tougher getting into the gym earlier after only a meal or two. But it must be niCe to know that when you get off tonight, you won't have to hit the gym up ...

Exactly, after work I'll have time to do whatever I want once I switch it up. Especially once it's nicer out, I'm not going to want to sit in the gym I goto(which is underground) when I could be out in the nice weather playing some bball, going for a bike ride, or whatever. And it feels good to accomplish shit before most people wake up.

C.Coronato
02-27-09, 9:52 am
looking good hardworkE. Those flyes are getting up there. 50s are nice man. Just keep growing and pushing. Soon your gonna be past me too. im down to 192 already.

TheDarkHalf
02-27-09, 10:05 am

I really like this for chest. Personally I would drop the incline HS and add an extra set to your flat fly and cable cross. Good work!

LittleMan55
02-27-09, 10:12 am
Stong chest and bi day HE... I love that combo.

rob_in_korea
02-27-09, 11:05 am
Solid workouts E. Keep up the great work.

-Rob

hardworkE
02-27-09, 1:38 pm
looking good hardworkE. Those flyes are getting up there. 50s are nice man. Just keep growing and pushing. Soon your gonna be past me too. im down to 192 already.

What weight do you think you'll be at come showtime?

hardworkE
02-27-09, 1:42 pm

I really like this for chest. Personally I would drop the incline HS and add an extra set to your flat fly and cable cross. Good work!

The incline HS machine hits a spot of my chest that I really didn't get any work on and is giving it a 'fuller' look. Usually it would be 3 sets on flat fly, though.

Stong chest and bi day HE... I love that combo.

Thanks. Yeah, its been working out great. I've been getting really intense pumps in my bi's which I wasn't getting for a while(doing them on arms day after triceps). So far my routine is clicking so im gonna stick with it and see what happens

C.Coronato
02-27-09, 1:52 pm
What weight do you think you'll be at come showtime?

Last year i was 172 and 175. This year i think ill be around 185ish. Im very lean right now as it is. MUCH more lean than i was even 4 weeks out last year. So i dont know how much more fat im going to lose. I think im going to head to the Atlantic Club down in Manasquan tomorrow. They do water displacement body fat reading. I would like to know where im at.

hardworkE
03-02-09, 9:55 am
Made my way through the snow to get back into work today. Back on the grind. Over the weekend I got into the gym for a shoulder workout. Went to my girls gym and the db's only went up to 50, no plates in the building...haha it was rough but I tried to make the workout count by upping the reps with lighter weight. Hit presses/side raise/rear raise/machine shoulder press/front raise and shrugs. Actually got a pretty good pump out of it. Guess its good to change things up like that once in a while. Overall that gym was awful though, very similar to a hotel facility. Oh well. Can't wait to get back into my familiar gym today. Back/tri workout is coming. . . .

Aggression
03-02-09, 11:21 am
Made my way through the snow to get back into work today. Back on the grind. Over the weekend I got into the gym for a shoulder workout. Went to my girls gym and the db's only went up to 50, no plates in the building...haha it was rough but I tried to make the workout count by upping the reps with lighter weight. Hit presses/side raise/rear raise/machine shoulder press/front raise and shrugs. Actually got a pretty good pump out of it. Guess its good to change things up like that once in a while. Overall that gym was awful though, very similar to a hotel facility. Oh well. Can't wait to get back into my familiar gym today. Back/tri workout is coming. . . .

Sometimes we tend to take our gyms for granted until we are forced to work out in sub-par facilities. It's at that point where realize what we had.

Toms River Fitness for life brother haha.

hardworkE
03-02-09, 3:15 pm
Sometimes we tend to take our gyms for granted until we are forced to work out in sub-par facilities. It's at that point where realize what we had.

Toms River Fitness for life brother haha.

Yeah mine now isn't the best place in the world, but definitely has everything I need to grow. TRF will always be the spot tho...

hardworkE
03-02-09, 3:23 pm
BACK

DB rows: 4 sets(75x11)
T bar row: 1 arm x 25, 2 sets(60x11)
Rack pulls: 3 sets(275x12//225x6//135x12)
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets(last set drop 160, 130, 100, 70)
BB Row: 2 sets(115x10)
CG Pulldown: 3 sets(last set drop 140, 120, 90, 60)

DONE

Decided to go back to a 5 day split, arms having their own day. I've been upping the intensity and once I'm done hitting a major group, I just don't have enough steam left for arms. They are not really ahead of my other body parts so I think giving them their own day again will help. New split, Back-Chest-Legs-Shoulders-Arms-Rest. Maybe one rest day thrown somewhere else in their...depending on how I feel. Still working on getting my left lat to catch up to the right one. It's coming along.

Just keeping my head down and going to work...

C.Coronato
03-02-09, 3:26 pm
BACK

DB rows: 4 sets(75x11)
T bar row: 1 arm x 25, 2 sets(60x11)
Rack pulls: 3 sets(275x12//225x6//135x12)
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets(last set drop 160, 130, 100, 70)
BB Row: 2 sets(115x10)
CG Pulldown: 3 sets(last set drop 140, 120, 90, 60)

DONE

Decided to go back to a 5 day split, arms having their own day. I've been upping the intensity and once I'm done hitting a major group, I just don't have enough steam left for arms. They are not really ahead of my other body parts so I think giving them their own day again will help. New split, Back-Chest-Legs-Shoulders-Arms-Rest. Maybe one rest day thrown somewhere else in their...depending on how I feel. Still working on getting my left lat to catch up to the right one. It's coming along.

Just keeping my head down and going to work...

I like the approach of going to arms on their own day. I have found such growth this way. Hope you do too brotha!

TheDarkHalf
03-02-09, 3:29 pm
I like the approach of going to arms on their own day. I have found such growth this way. Hope you do too brotha!

X2! Good work son.

hardworkE
03-02-09, 3:31 pm

X2! Good work son.

Thanks, I think I will be able to bring a lot more energy to them which definitely should help.

Aggression
03-02-09, 3:31 pm
Just gotta keep truckin' bro. Consistency is the name of the game. Good stuff.

hardworkE
03-02-09, 4:46 pm
Just gotta keep truckin' bro. Consistency is the name of the game. Good stuff.

No doubt.

My pre-bed protein is getting dropped. I'm about done with the tub and I can honestly say that it produces gas that is equivalent to nothing I have ever witnessed in my life. It is terrible when you work in a professional work environment. Time to stop on the way home for some supps. A new pre-bed mix and creatine. Love checking out what kind of new goodies they have in there. I look forward to every trip I make there, besides the handing over my credit card part. Need something before bad that has a decent amount of calories, not too many carbs(especially sugars) and some healthy fats. Lets see what we got. I would love to get some real gains, but I think the carb content is a little too much for my body to handle.

Aggression
03-02-09, 9:33 pm
No doubt.

My pre-bed protein is getting dropped. I'm about done with the tub and I can honestly say that it produces gas that is equivalent to nothing I have ever witnessed in my life. It is terrible when you work in a professional work environment. Time to stop on the way home for some supps. A new pre-bed mix and creatine. Love checking out what kind of new goodies they have in there. I look forward to every trip I make there, besides the handing over my credit card part. Need something before bad that has a decent amount of calories, not too many carbs(especially sugars) and some healthy fats. Lets see what we got. I would love to get some real gains, but I think the carb content is a little too much for my body to handle.

HaHa niCe.

Try looking into a Pure Whey Isolate. Universal has 'Ultra Iso Whey', which has the highest quality isolate protein with about zero carbs. Throw in some peanut butter with that and you're all set. Might be something worth looking into.

rob_in_korea
03-02-09, 11:39 pm
Solid looking Back workout E.

-Rob

hardworkE
03-03-09, 9:32 am
Solid looking Back workout E.

-Rob

Thanks brotha.

Last night I had a breakthrough. After years and years of killing my body with a ton of cardio, my legs were beyond weak. Basically skin and bone. Last night was the first time I saw some muscles coming in. This isn't that big for most people, but damn it felt good. I have been giving everything I have into every leg workout and it is paying off. It's huge for me to see progress, keeps my motivation extremely high. That is what I work off of. I can't wait for my next leg day haha. As for every other body part, feel like I've been hitting a mini plateau. My shoulder has still been acting up and I am still working to fix that. Weight hasn't really climbed up a level. But I also feel like my body is leaning out a little bit, so just going to keep with it and manipulate food intake once I feel like I need a real change.

Chest and abs tonight.

C.Coronato
03-03-09, 10:20 am
Such a good feeling man. leg day at its peak. I always had some pretty beefy legs, but i never had like showing muscles, so i know exactly what you mean. Keep it up ! Theyll just grow and grow and grow!

Aggression
03-03-09, 11:51 am
Awesome to hear brother. I'm glad that you're progressing with the wheelz. Good stuff.

hardworkE
03-03-09, 5:28 pm
Such a good feeling man. leg day at its peak. I always had some pretty beefy legs, but i never had like showing muscles, so i know exactly what you mean. Keep it up ! Theyll just grow and grow and grow!

Awesome to hear brother. I'm glad that you're progressing with the wheelz. Good stuff.

Absolutely. Tomorrow I will get to take the progress one step further, but today it is time to destroy my chest. Been waiting all day...

Pizzalamp
03-03-09, 10:17 pm
No doubt.

def go w/ a whey isolate-ion exhange or cold filtred sound good for u

good log man-im subbd

hardworkE
03-04-09, 9:28 am
Just when I thought I plateaued, Chest day rolls around and a bust through some old numbers. Good Shit.

CHEST
Incline DB: 55x15, 70x11, 90x7, 75x10
Flat DB: 55x15, 70x10, 90x5, 75x8
Incline fly: 3 sets(55x10)
Flat fly: 3 sets(55x10)
Incline HS: 2 sets
Low to high cable cross: 2 sets

Quick ab circuit

DONE

In this workout I jumped around in weight a little more than I normally do to try to go a little heavier and I would definitely say it worked. My chest was so swollen, especially the upper pec area. Getting 90's up on incline was a first and I think I may have done it once before on flat...not sure. Either way, I felt like my form was pretty solid on the presses and I was definitely feeling a huge pump. My shoulder also felt pretty great. I have been doing some new warmup exercises with the cable for my shoulder and hopefully that is the ticket. Weight also went up. 183-184 at the weigh-in...I'll be conservative and say 183. One more pound, things are moving up. Also been trying to eat more for dinner(post workout meal). Usually I have 8 oz fish/chicken with green beans or broccoli. Now I have been throwing in some yogurt w/ granola or a tuna sandwich depending on how hungry I am. I was feeling great yesterday about my workout/progress. Tonight I am going to absolutely destroy legs...can't wait.

TheDarkHalf
03-04-09, 10:25 am
Good chest workout man, keep up the solid progress.

C.Coronato
03-04-09, 10:28 am
Looking good man. 90s on incline is no joke. Get at them legs!

LittleMan55
03-04-09, 11:00 am
Looking strong in here HE!

Aggression
03-04-09, 11:00 am
Damn E, getting strong in here. I haven't seen you in a while. Will i recognize you? Last time I saw you was around Christmas time, and that was pre M-stak. Looking forward to seeing you again big man. The next few weeks are busy for me, but when it settles down, I seriously want to come down and hit up a workout. I'm thinking arms on a Saturday.

NJC_Manhattan
03-04-09, 11:06 am
Lookin good in the chest! how you feeling these days?

hardworkE
03-04-09, 11:07 am
Damn E, getting strong in here. I haven't seen you in a while. Will i recognize you? Last time I saw you was around Christmas time, and that was pre M-stak. Looking forward to seeing you again big man. The next few weeks are busy for me, but when it settles down, I seriously want to come down and hit up a workout. I'm thinking arms on a Saturday.

Absolutely, after next weekend my schedule is free'd up for a while...I've really been dying to train legs with someone whos been in the game a while...

Also I'm pretty overdue for a cheat meal consisting of a nice philly cheesesteak. We can make it all happen, let me know. I don't know when the next time I'm gonna be home is. Probably once it gets nicer to goto the beach, or I might just head home one weekend when its quiet around here to just hang with the fam...I'll let you know

hardworkE
03-04-09, 11:10 am
Looking strong in here HE!

Thanks man, feeling good too.

Good chest workout man, keep up the solid progress.
Loving progressing...

Looking good man. 90s on incline is no joke. Get at them legs!
Yeah, first time I hit 90s on incline and I felt really solid. 100s will be put up, prob before its nice enough to hit the beach...

Lookin good in the chest! how you feeling these days?

Everything here is going pretty solid, just working on putting on some more size and getting stronger. Already feel the chest getting sore...

Aggression
03-04-09, 11:11 am
Absolutely, after next weekend my schedule is free'd up for a while...I've really been dying to train legs with someone whos been in the game a while...

I'm down for training legs brother. We can make a weekend out of it. Train arms on Saturday and Legs on Sunday. Although, I split my legs up and only do quads on Sundays. I'm definitely down though. Maybe in 2 weeks. I got the Arnold this weekend, and the following weekend is the St. Patty's Day Parade in Seaside. Needless to say, I won't be training that day haha.

hardworkE
03-04-09, 11:20 am
Maybe in 2 weeks. I got the Arnold this weekend, and the following weekend is the St. Patty's Day Parade in Seaside. Needless to say, I won't be training that day haha.

Same, I'm gonna have to have a beer or 2 for that weekend...the weekend after is completely open though. Let me know when it gets closer. I'm eating your ww pasta/ground beef meal right now(hot sauce instead of pasta sauce...ran out) and it is amazing. I love pasta.

Aggression
03-04-09, 11:25 am
Same, I'm gonna have to have a beer or 2 for that weekend...the weekend after is completely open though. Let me know when it gets closer. I'm eating your ww pasta/ground beef meal right now(hot sauce instead of pasta sauce...ran out) and it is amazing. I love pasta.

Got a new tidbit for a topping.

It's called PizzaQuick by Ragu. It's amazing how a slight change in a sauce/dressing can change your approach to eating the same meal over and over. Its fantastic. I put it on my ground beef/white rice meal and its DA BOMB

hardworkE
03-04-09, 11:28 am
Got a new tidbit for a topping.

It's called PizzaQuick by Ragu. It's amazing how a slight change in a sauce/dressing can change your approach to eating the same meal over and over. Its fantastic. I put it on my ground beef/white rice meal and its DA BOMB

Ha thats why im out of pasta sauce...been dumping it on my rice/chicken or beef meals. That meal is a keeper that I don't think I will get sick of for a while.

hardworkE
03-04-09, 1:37 pm
Just threw in an extra meal before my workout tonight. Chicken Salad sandwich w/ almonds on multigrain. They had a bunch sitting in the kitchen so I grabbed two...gonna need some extra power tonight. Ha! Upping the meals, eat big to grow big......

hardworkE
03-05-09, 9:33 am
WheelZ

10 minute on tread

Power squat: 1pps x 30(2 sets)
Squats: 4 sets(250x4)
Hack Squat: 3 sets(2pps+25 x 10)
Superset Leg Press: 3 sets(3pps x 10)
SLDL: 3 sets(135x8)
Standing 1 leg curl: 2 sets
DB Lunges: 2 sets(55x9)
Lying 1 leg curl: 2 sets
Leg Extensions: 2 sets with pause at top
Seated calf: 3 sets x 20-30
Standing calf: 3 sets x 20-30

Forearm curls: 3 sets
superset BTB forearm curls: 3 sets

I was exhausted after that workout. I pushed hard the whole time and it was pretty intense. Wanted to test my strength and endurance, throw in a bunch of exercises and push my legs. 250 on squats is a new PR.

C.Coronato
03-05-09, 9:40 am
nice looking leg day homie. I hope it went better than mine!! Awesome on the PR as well.

hardworkE
03-05-09, 9:41 am
Squats: 4 sets(250x4)

Should have been 4 sets(250x4 // 135x12)

rob_in_korea
03-05-09, 9:42 am
Awesome workouts E and congrats on the PRs. That is a ton of Leg work.

-Rob

hardworkE
03-05-09, 9:45 am
Awesome workouts E and congrats on the PRs. That is a ton of Leg work.

-Rob

Yeah, I really didn't notice how many sets I was doing until I got in the locker room, turned off my iPod and checked the clock. I had some serious tunnel vision going on.

nice looking leg day homie. I hope it went better than mine!! Awesome on the PR as well.

Went well. Could barely squat 165 when I started, now I'm up almost 100 lbs. If only every other bodypart went like that these last few months haha.

TheDarkHalf
03-05-09, 10:16 am
Way to kill the legs man. Keep up the good work.

Aggression
03-05-09, 11:47 am
Thats a shit-ton of volume there E. Very niCe. Squatting 250 huh? Damn son, I don't even squat that much. Good shit.

hardworkE
03-05-09, 12:12 pm
Way to kill the legs man. Keep up the good work.

thanks brotha

Thats a shit-ton of volume there E. Very niCe. Squatting 250 huh? Damn son, I don't even squat that much. Good shit.

Ha, thats not a good sign. I feel like my squat form is pretty good, but those 250s were definitely just parallel, not atg. Legs have been feeling prettty torched tho so i think that should be a good sign..

Aggression
03-05-09, 12:17 pm
Hey man if your legs are growing, then keep doing what you're doing.

hardworkE
03-05-09, 1:26 pm
Overall, I've been feeling great in the gym, out of the gym and happy with the way things are progressing. My schedule is so dialed in for my diet and I love it. Every day, 6 meals, sometimes some extra snacks if I'm hungry. My training has been great. The first year I started training somewhat seriously(about 2 years), I would get decent pumps in my chest, but hardly ever in my back and shoulders. And Legs?! What legs...throwing them in the mix lately has contributed to my overall gains.

I've been watching from Jay to Z(Jay Cutler movie) and its been good motivation. I still can't believe how massive he was at 22 years old. Jesus. I would hope to look like that in about 5 years, haha. I'm just excited to see what this next year holds in store for me. I am feeling big things. Stay consistent and injury free and I am going to feel pretty good come next year. Right now I'm sitting at about 183lbs, about 2-4% more bodyfat than when I started this journey. Still not too much bodyfat(12-15%?), but I would like to stay relatively lean throughout. I need to see my hard work showing. It's hard for me to believe that its working and have to wait until I diet down. I am one of the most impatient people in the world. Just wanted to look back on the progress so far after about 4 months of this journey:

Rack deads
Start: 255x4
Current: 365x2

Incline BB
Start: 185x5
Current: 205x5

Incline DB
Start: 70x6
Current: 90x7

Flat DB
Start: 70x6
Current: 90x5

DB Shoulder Press
Start: 70x5
Current: 75x7

Squat
Start: 185x6(and had to cut the workout short)
Current: 250x4

Leg Press
Start: 2pps x 10
Current: 4pps x 8

Aggression
03-05-09, 1:28 pm
Nothing says progress like real numbers. You have grown by leaps and bounds brotha, and its only the beginning. Keep it up man. Everything looks great.

C.Coronato
03-05-09, 2:06 pm
Nothing says progress like real numbers. You have grown by leaps and bounds brotha, and its only the beginning. Keep it up man. Everything looks great.

x2 ..

Looking great

hardworkE
03-05-09, 5:18 pm
Unreal delt session is on the way...Yup

TheDarkHalf
03-05-09, 10:26 pm
You've definitely made progress man, keep it up!

rob_in_korea
03-06-09, 12:12 am
You've definitely made progress man, keep it up!

x2...Congratulations E.

-Rob

hardworkE
03-06-09, 9:45 am
Delts

Seated side raises
Seated DB press

After this I jumped around from exercise to exercise. Don't really remember. Busy day and arms tomorrow morning.

hardworkE
03-09-09, 8:27 am
Had a great relaxing weekend in nyc. No weights, ate a lot, not all super clean, but i wouldn't consider it dirty. I can't wait until the forvm is flooded with all the information from the cage and the rest of the arnold this past weekend. Looking forward to the pictures and vids, hearing the stories, etc. I've been thinking about this workout I am going to get in tonight and I can't wait. Back. Also this week I am training with my two old workout partners from college on Friday and I'm pretty excited for it. Good things to come.

Aggression
03-09-09, 9:04 am
WOW. Speechless bro. I don't even know where to begin. I took well over 100 pics, including a few of the man himself, Arnold. I ate dinner with the dude. CRAZY. I'll be posting up a detailed writeup later today or tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll talk amongst ourselves very soon about it all. GET BIG.

hardworkE
03-09-09, 4:22 pm
WOW. Speechless bro. I don't even know where to begin. I took well over 100 pics, including a few of the man himself, Arnold. I ate dinner with the dude. CRAZY. I'll be posting up a detailed writeup later today or tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll talk amongst ourselves very soon about it all. GET BIG.

Excited for it. I've been getting pretty pumped up just hearing the stories and seeing the pictures so far of the arnold. Back in the gym today, i've been waiting for this...

hardworkE
03-10-09, 9:40 am
Back/Calves

Pullups: 2 sets x 10
DB Rows: 3 sets(70x11 // 60x10)
T Bar Row: 3 sets(70x9 // 45x6 // 25x6)
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets
Rack Deads: 135x16, 225x12, 315x6, 375x2 // 225x6 // 135x8
CG Pulldown: 3 sets
Seated rows: 2 sets

Seated calves ~100-150 reps changing weights until my calves felt like they were going to rip through the skin.

Tonight will be shoulders. Schedule is messed up this week because I am training with my old partner from college at the end of the week. Legs on Thursday/Chest/Bis Friday. My back is feeling sore already from yesterday, great workout. Shoulders have been a weak point for me lately. Everytime I leave the gym on other days I feel great, after shoulders I have been feeling like I'm just not hitting it right. Hope to change that tonight.

After hearing everyone talk about the arnold and seeing the pictures, I am definitely trying to see that next year. Sounded like an amazing time for everyone.

rob_in_korea
03-10-09, 9:42 am
Solid Back workout E.

-Rob

TheDarkHalf
03-10-09, 9:45 am
Don't worry about your shoulders - just go in there and hit it hard. As long as you do that you should be able to walk out of the gym satisfied.

Aggression
03-10-09, 11:13 am
I like the volume/variation on that back workout. Looking solid bro. Hit them shoulders hard. I hope you're pain-free.

hardworkE
03-10-09, 11:15 am
Solid Back workout E.

-Rob
Thanks Rob.

Don't worry about your shoulders - just go in there and hit it hard. As long as you do that you should be able to walk out of the gym satisfied.
I'm feeling optimistic about it today...

I like the volume/variation on that back workout. Looking solid bro. Hit them shoulders hard. I hope you're pain-free.

Yeah, I've been doing some cable work for my shoulder/rotator cuff before exercising that has been helping a ton. Don't really feel bothered by my shoulder on chest or back day anymore which is awesome

hardworkE
03-10-09, 11:17 am
Also, I'm trying out a new carb source. Trader Joe's whole wheat couscous. Tastes awesome and the nutritional profile on it looks pretty good. Solid carbs/fiber and protein.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/trader-joes/whole-wheat-couscous

Aggression
03-10-09, 11:19 am
Also, I'm trying out a new carb source. Trader Joe's whole wheat couscous. Tastes awesome and the nutritional profile on it looks pretty good. Solid carbs/fiber and protein.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/trader-joes/whole-wheat-couscous

Damn, I don't know what couscous is, but that shit must be dense. Only 1/3c yields 44g carbs and 220 calories. Sounds good to me man.

hardworkE
03-10-09, 12:00 pm
Damn, I don't know what couscous is, but that shit must be dense. Only 1/3c yields 44g carbs and 220 calories. Sounds good to me man.

It is pretty dense, cheap and tastes good.

C.Coronato
03-10-09, 12:03 pm
CousCous is awesome. Huge fan of it. How you liking it?

hardworkE
03-10-09, 12:07 pm

I forgot...I should have asked the culinary master before. It's good, had some last night and this morning. It holds onto flavor more than rice which I like, definitely tastier. I just had some hot sauce and ground beef with it. Nice change of pace and its really easy to make which is always a plus.

hardworkE
03-10-09, 9:00 pm
Shoulders/Tris/Abs

Seated side raises: 3 sets(15x10)
DB Press: 4 sets(65x8)
Bent over raise: 3 sets(25x7)
Rear pec dec: 3 sets
DB Shrugs: 3 sets(60x13)
SM BB Shrug: 3 sets(275x10)
Rotator cuff cable work
Shoulder press machine: 50x8 60x8 70x8 80x8 90x8 100x8(all one set)

Rope Pressdown: 3 sets
Overhead Tri extension: 2 sets
Dips: 3 sets x 10-12

Rope crunches
Incline crunches

DONE.

Long workout. Shoulders were on fire, good ab work and got a nice pump in my tris. Eating 10 oz. chicken and green beans w/ some almonds. Focused on great form for all exercises and the result was a good pump in my shoulders. Also today was my weigh-in. 184. Solid, I feel 190. Slow and steady is how I'm trying to reach it. No garbage weight. Lets do it.

B Con
03-10-09, 10:50 pm
Always a game of being patient with gaining. Great work. Looked like a brutal session.

TheDarkHalf
03-10-09, 11:07 pm
It is pretty dense, cheap and tastes good.

That shit is worse than the grits you can eat at a cracker barrel.

Keep pushing bro, you'll hit 190 before you know it.

NJC_Manhattan
03-10-09, 11:08 pm
Shoulders/Tris/Abs

SM BB Shrug: 3 sets(275x10)

Dude! Nice shrug sets!

Aggression
03-11-09, 8:33 am
Damn E, stepping up your game big time. High volume on the delts will definitely put a burn on them. Weight is getting up there. I gotta start eating more if I'm going to keep pace ahead of you .....

hardworkE
03-11-09, 8:37 am
Always a game of being patient with gaining. Great work. Looked like a brutal session.
Yeah I was exhausted after this...definitely some high volume going on.

That shit is worse than the grits you can eat at a cracker barrel.

Keep pushing bro, you'll hit 190 before you know it.

Haha, it tastes pretty good. Nice switch from sweet potatoes and rice.

Dude! Nice shrug sets!
Gotta get those traps growin

hardworkE
03-11-09, 8:42 am
Damn E, stepping up your game big time. High volume on the delts will definitely put a burn on them. Weight is getting up there. I gotta start eating more if I'm going to keep pace ahead of you .....

Just staying consistent and sticking with the plan. You're providing some motivation seeing all the growing going on in your journey.

Today is an off day which is kind of disappointing. But I want to rest up so I can kill my next two workouts, legs tomorrow and chest friday. Gonna rest and eat up today.

2003Slobra
03-11-09, 11:53 am
Looks great! Really progressing nicely. Took me awhile to read all of the 25 pages, but I finally made it! Haha.. keep up the good work!

C.Coronato
03-11-09, 12:03 pm
Looking awesome brother. Keep it up.

hardworkE
03-11-09, 12:21 pm
Looks great! Really progressing nicely. Took me awhile to read all of the 25 pages, but I finally made it! Haha.. keep up the good work!

Hopefully you found something you can use. The forvm is a great place to get ideas for new training, especially the journey section.

Looking awesome brother. Keep it up.

Thanks brotha

hardworkE
03-12-09, 12:57 pm
Really excited for today's workout. When I first started training somewhat seriously(2 years ago...just took me sometime to figure out the whole 'diet' part of this sport), I was hitting the gym 4-5 times a week with two of my roommates from school. I think we weighed 140, 135 and 130...me being the biggest. Haha. Pretty pathetic, but we were all really active, just not into weight training. We could run circles around anyone, but couldn't even bench our own weight once. I knew a couple people who were into weight training(Aggression being one of them) and decided to give it a shot. As soon as I got my first real "pump" I was hooked. I couldn't believe the feeling and it was more addicting than anything I've done before.

As I started noticing changes in my physique, the addiction grew to a new level. I can't help but think back to me hitting my college gym, going when no one was around because I was embarrassed about the weight I was putting up. 30lb on flat db press, 15lb curls...damn lucky that gym was open at 6am or else I might have quit early due to the shame I felt next to guys putting over double that over their heads.

I always ate healthy, but calories usually never eclipsed the 2000 calorie mark. After I learned about calorie surplus, getting in enough protein, and that carbs/fat weren't my enemy is when things really started progressing. Yeah I put on a little fat, but once I cut down I was feeling awesome. I definitely hate getting fat, which may hinder me in bodybuilding, but eventually I know I can reach my goals while keeping BF levels at a minimum(>15%).

Well now its been a whole year almost since I lifted with these guys. We are doing chest tonight and Legs tomorrow. They still haven't gotten into legs too much yet, since they are both active a lot with sports. We used to squat 135 half reps. I can't wait to get in there and show them what everything is looking like now. 85-90 incline press, 90 flat press, heavy flies. Used to do 55-60 incline, 60-70 flat, 25lb flies. Squatting over 200 for deep reps and following that with heavy leg presses, hack squats, etc. I'm amped up to get back in the gym with these two. Hopefully I can motivate them like people did for me a couple years ago.

Time to eat more.

Aggression
03-12-09, 1:57 pm
It's going to be an awesome experience man. Show them all the strength and muscle you'd put on since then. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you've come a long way from when we knew each other back in middle school; skating around the neighborhood with Sal, getting chased by guys in Bobcats while on our bikes. Good times.

You're building up pretty nicely now. Keep at it man, because things are looking great.

NJC_Manhattan
03-12-09, 4:05 pm
Every time I come by this journey it puts a smile on my face. Great work in here

C.Coronato
03-12-09, 4:51 pm
Thats very exciting E. Show them hell.

NJC_Manhattan
03-15-09, 7:27 pm
Wanted to throw this out there if you're online... Bernanke is on 60 mins....

hardworkE
03-16-09, 9:47 am
I was excited for the workouts with my old lifting partners, and it lived up to the expectations and then some. I had some serious adrenaline going, haha. They both got stronger which was good to see, but I really felt like I made some solid progress since the last time I saw them. And they were even saying that not only was I pushing big weight, the form looked pretty much perfect. I'll try to remember and recap:

Thursday
Chest

Incline DB press: 4 sets(90x6)
Flat DB press: 4 sets(90x7)
Incline fly: 2 sets(55x8)
Flat fly: 2 sets(60x8)
Incline HS: 1 set

BI's
Cable curl: 1x50
Drop db curls: 40, 35, 30, 20
Drop db hammers: 40, 35, 30, 20
Drop cable curls: 1 set

DONE

The sets were done a little differently because the pump was insane that I had. 90's felt surprisingly easy, especially on flat. Shoulder felt great and like I said, the pump was massive all over.

Friday
LEGS

Squats: 4 sets(225x8)
Leg Press: 4 sets(4pps x 8)
Leg Extension: 3 sets
Superset Leg curl: 3 sets
Seated calf raise: 3 sets
Standing calf raise: 3 sets

DONE

All in all, two great workouts. I hit an all-time high 186-187 on Thursday, but I definitely took a step back this weekend. I enjoy St. Patty's day and I'm not prepping for any competition or anything so I had to celebrate. Oh well. Just have to get my mind right and focus twice as hard this week, shouldn't be a problem...I'm still hungry as ever to grow and get stronger. Glad that I got in two great workouts beforehand though.

TheDarkHalf
03-16-09, 10:09 am
Good lifts man. And believe me, if I wasn't on keto I would be celebrating St. Patty's Day as well. Enjoy it!

hardworkE
03-16-09, 10:13 am
Good lifts man. And believe me, if I wasn't on keto I would be celebrating St. Patty's Day as well. Enjoy it!

Thanks man, tough time to be on keto, but the results will be worth missing one st pattys day.

Aggression
03-16-09, 10:34 am
Looking good E. Getting up there in weight, very niCe. Solid sessions as well. Hey, you gotta live sometimes right? I was out for a few hours Saturday, but nothing crazy. Little 'boo, little sawmill action, but nothing crazy. Time to gear up and get shit done now. The fun is over. Time to grow.

hardworkE
03-16-09, 12:15 pm
Looking good E. Getting up there in weight, very niCe. Solid sessions as well. Hey, you gotta live sometimes right? I was out for a few hours Saturday, but nothing crazy. Little 'boo, little sawmill action, but nothing crazy. Time to gear up and get shit done now. The fun is over. Time to grow.

Thanks, I hear you on that. I was just glad that the partying didn't interfere with my workouts and I still ended up trying to get in all my calories.

On a side note, I think I got two more loyal Animal/Universal customers to join the legion. The two buddies that I was lifting with are very novice when it comes to supplements, but are looking into a preWO product. They were talking about getting an expensive supplement that is on the same lines as Shock Therapy. I am a huge fan of ST and decided to give them each a sample of it for our workout on Friday. They both gave it great reviews saying that they were energized, but even more that their endurance was way up. They both said they are going to purchase this product. Just two more satisfied customers coming.

Aggression
03-16-09, 12:20 pm
Thanks, I hear you on that. I was just glad that the partying didn't interfere with my workouts and I still ended up trying to get in all my calories.

On a side note, I think I got two more loyal Animal/Universal customers to join the legion. The two buddies that I was lifting with are very novice when it comes to supplements, but are looking into a preWO product. They were talking about getting an expensive supplement that is on the same lines as Shock Therapy. I am a huge fan of ST and decided to give them each a sample of it for our workout on Friday. They both gave it great reviews saying that they were energized, but even more that their endurance was way up. They both said they are going to purchase this product. Just two more satisfied customers coming.

commission?

hardworkE
03-16-09, 12:32 pm
I've learned a ton from this place...its the least I could do to give back

C.Coronato
03-16-09, 12:36 pm
Looking awesome brother. Keep pushing. And no worries about a little party action, you gotta enjoy it while you can! Im upset about missing corned beef, and irish soda bread, but some times some things need to be sacrificed.

Aggression
03-16-09, 12:56 pm
Looking awesome brother. Keep pushing. And no worries about a little party action, you gotta enjoy it while you can! Im upset about missing corned beef, and irish soda bread, but some times some things need to be sacrificed.

don't worry about the soda bread my man, I'm sure you'll have a loaf of it waiting for ya when you step off stage after another overall victory. victory tastes sweet, but soda bread .. mmhmhhmmm

Pizzalamp
03-16-09, 1:31 pm
very good work man
enjoy the festivities-we only live once

I was excited for the workouts with my old lifting partners, and it lived up to the expectations and then some. I had some serious adrenaline going, haha. They both got stronger which was good to see, but I really felt like I made some solid progress since the last time I saw them. And they were even saying that not only was I pushing big weight, the form looked pretty much perfect. I'll try to remember and recap:

Thursday
Chest

Incline DB press: 4 sets(90x6)
Flat DB press: 4 sets(90x7)
Incline fly: 2 sets(55x8)
Flat fly: 2 sets(60x8)
Incline HS: 1 set

BI's
Cable curl: 1x50
Drop db curls: 40, 35, 30, 20
Drop db hammers: 40, 35, 30, 20
Drop cable curls: 1 set

DONE

The sets were done a little differently because the pump was insane that I had. 90's felt surprisingly easy, especially on flat. Shoulder felt great and like I said, the pump was massive all over.

Friday
LEGS

Squats: 4 sets(225x8)
Leg Press: 4 sets(4pps x 8)
Leg Extension: 3 sets
Superset Leg curl: 3 sets
Seated calf raise: 3 sets
Standing calf raise: 3 sets

DONE

All in all, two great workouts. I hit an all-time high 186-187 on Thursday, but I definitely took a step back this weekend. I enjoy St. Patty's day and I'm not prepping for any competition or anything so I had to celebrate. Oh well. Just have to get my mind right and focus twice as hard this week, shouldn't be a problem...I'm still hungry as ever to grow and get stronger. Glad that I got in two great workouts beforehand though.

hardworkE
03-17-09, 9:24 am
Back & Calves

Chins: BW x 10
BB Row: 3 sets(115x9)
Rack deads: 4 sets(305x8)
Seated cable row: 3 sets
T Bar Row: 3 sets
Weight assisted pullups: 2 sets

Seated calves: 2 sets of 25
Rotary calves: 2 sets of 25

DONE

I lost about 2-3lbs bc of the weekend, damn that sucks. I also feel like I look incredibly flat right now. Weighing in at 183 after my workout, I looked in the mirror and felt like I looked 160. I've been back on track with my meals and don't plan on deviating the course for a while. I'm still so hungry to put on size...Shoulders today.

Side note: My legs are still really sore from Friday. Insane workout or poor recovery? Probably a bit of both, I keep trying to stretch them out.

Aggression
03-17-09, 9:35 am
I feel your pain brotha. Your legs are still sore from a tough workout, combined with a little St. Patty's day celebration. I carbed up during the weekend to try to make up for it, and that's how I ballooned out to 220lbs this morning. By tomorrow/Thursday morning, I'll have my true weigh-in, which would be around 218, I'm hoping. Just get back on track and get the foods in. You'll be back in the 'norm' by the end of the week, for sure.

C.Coronato
03-17-09, 9:41 am
Back & Calves

Chins: BW x 10
BB Row: 3 sets(115x9)
Rack deads: 4 sets(305x8)
Seated cable row: 3 sets
T Bar Row: 3 sets
Weight assisted pullups: 2 sets

Seated calves: 2 sets of 25
Rotary calves: 2 sets of 25

DONE

I lost about 2-3lbs bc of the weekend, damn that sucks. I also feel like I look incredibly flat right now. Weighing in at 183 after my workout, I looked in the mirror and felt like I looked 160. I've been back on track with my meals and don't plan on deviating the course for a while. I'm still so hungry to put on size...Shoulders today.

Side note: My legs are still really sore from Friday. Insane workout or poor recovery? Probably a bit of both, I keep trying to stretch them out.

Looking awesome brother. Killing it still. 183, phew, i thought you had me beat. 187 today. Damn .. dumb show season lol. Get into those shoulders brother.

rob_in_korea
03-17-09, 9:45 am
Awesome workouts E, you are really moving some decent weight around.
Keep up the great work.

-Rob

hardworkE
03-17-09, 9:45 am
I feel your pain brotha. Your legs are still sore from a tough workout, combined with a little St. Patty's day celebration. I carbed up during the weekend to try to make up for it, and that's how I ballooned out to 220lbs this morning. By tomorrow/Thursday morning, I'll have my true weigh-in, which would be around 218, I'm hoping. Just get back on track and get the foods in. You'll be back in the 'norm' by the end of the week, for sure.

Yeah, hopefully by the end of the week I will get back that full look I was coming closer to getting. My old goals were 150, 165, 180, 185, and now its 200. At every goal I also said "One I hit X, I will probably be good and just maintain." Well it hasn't happened now and I don't see it happening soon, haha vicious cycle.

Looking awesome brother. Killing it still. 183, phew, i thought you had me beat. 187 today. Damn .. dumb show season lol. Get into those shoulders brother.

Damn...could've had you. Maybe on the days before your show when carbs are pretty minimal and your bw is low I'll be able to lift more than you too...haha too bad that wouldn't really count for anything.

Side note: My gym just got two new machines. HS Incline press and HS shoulder press. I was so psyched when I saw them yesterday, but they look awkward in the places they got put. Oh well, I'm pumped to hit the Shoulder press today

hardworkE
03-17-09, 10:50 am
Meal 2 just came earlier than expected and I housed it. Going to throw down a pbj that I have too, glad to see my appetite is raging. That is always a good sign. Going to hit the gym around noon today bc I have stuff to do around the house after work. Glad to be heading back to my parents house this weekend because that means unlimited, free food. I am going to feast!

Aggression
03-17-09, 11:01 am
Meal 2 just came earlier than expected and I housed it. Going to throw down a pbj that I have too, glad to see my appetite is raging. That is always a good sign. Going to hit the gym around noon today bc I have stuff to do around the house after work. Glad to be heading back to my parents house this weekend because that means unlimited, free food. I am going to feast!

You better carb up Friday night. We have arms on our plate for Saturday. When you getting in? Friday night? Or Saturday?

hardworkE
03-17-09, 1:48 pm
You better carb up Friday night. We have arms on our plate for Saturday. When you getting in? Friday night? Or Saturday?

I think late Friday night. My rents are gonna be in philly so im getting a ride home with them after work.

Shoulders/Abs

warmup
Side Raises: 3 drop sets(25x7, 15x6, 10x6)
HS Shoulder press: 3 sets(1pps + 25 x 10)
Rear pec dec: 3 sets
SM Military: 3 sets(185x6)
Bent over raise: 2 sets(15x10)
DB Shrugs: 4 sets(75x13)
BB Shrugs: 2 sets(135x12)
Shoulder press machine: 1 super drop set

Incline crunches
Rope crunches

DONE

Very productive shoulder workout. Ever since my left shoulder pain started to fade I've been getting great pumps. That is definitely a good sign considering I used to never feel the pump too much in my delts. My back is sore as hell from yesterday. Soreness has been setting in quicker than normal, not really sure of the reason yet. Weight is slowly climbing up, back to 184. Weight should be normal by this weekend...time to eat.

Aggression
03-17-09, 2:14 pm
Christening that new HS press huh? It's one of my favorite machines. Lay of them arms bro, cuz Saturday is going to be fun.

hardworkE
03-17-09, 2:31 pm
Christening that new HS press huh? It's one of my favorite machines. Lay of them arms bro, cuz Saturday is going to be fun.

HS machine was awesome, definitely feel the isolation in my shoulders. The arms will be ready to rock. I was also thinking of doing a light sets of deads and squats...wanna see if you can take a look at my form to make sure everything is looking good. Counting down...

hardworkE
03-17-09, 5:18 pm
I'm starving after putting down my first 4 meals of the day, I can't wait to go home and pound some food. I should be getting in 7 good meals today, gotta keep upping the intake.

hardworkE
03-18-09, 11:12 am
Nice cheat meal today for lunch...Chinese food. A bunch of chicken 3 ways and a solid serving of rice. Going to be good.

Pizzalamp
03-18-09, 8:59 pm
Nice cheat meal today for lunch...Chinese food. A bunch of chicken 3 ways and a solid serving of rice. Going to be good.

ooooooooo

rob_in_korea
03-18-09, 10:13 pm
Excellent Shoulder work E.

-Rob

hardworkE
03-19-09, 9:36 am
ooooooooo
General Tsao and BBQ Chicken with white rice and broccoli. Great meal.

Excellent Shoulder work E.

-Rob

Thanks rob, it felt really good to get a solid shoulder workout in after struggling with it the past few months.

Well yesterday was an off-day and I felt like I ate pretty well. Today in the gym I am pretty sure I am doing chest. It's either legs or chest, but I think I'm leaving legs for tomorrow. March madness starts today, so I will definitely be tracking games on espn for most of the day in between work, haha.

LittleMan55
03-19-09, 9:42 am
I'm starving after putting down my first 4 meals of the day, I can't wait to go home and pound some food. I should be getting in 7 good meals today, gotta keep upping the intake.

I miss eating like that!

C.Coronato
03-19-09, 10:33 am
Still looking strong brother. Your one lb away from beating me.

hardworkE
03-19-09, 10:35 am
Still looking strong brother. Your one lb away from beating me.

If only I could get up to 200 as fast as you came down...that would be awesome.

C.Coronato
03-19-09, 10:47 am
haha dude, it took me YEARS to get to 200. The day before my diet was the absolute heaviest i ever was .. i was stuck at the 190 plateau for a long time. im excited for next off season as i feel i can easily pack past 200lbs, and still stay pretty lean.