PDA

View Full Version : HardworkE = Results

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

hardworkE
11-11-08, 1:41 pm
Since I have hit a plateau, I decided that it was time to create a journey. I have been in and out of the forvm and have learned a lot of information that has helped me get to where I am. My goals for this log are to continually progress in size/strength.

Little background, training started about 4 years ago before I was going into college. Was active, but out of shape and weighing about 200 lbs. Probably would have had a hard time benching 135. Hit the gym with no knowledge and just the desire to shed the excess weight. Cut out all junk food and began doing cardio non-stop(not realizing that it would eliminate any and all muscle that I had). When I finished I was about 135 pounds without a pound of muscle. Continued to do cardio and eat small/light meals until I finally realized that it was time to put on some healthy weight. I had no resource but the internet, and stumbled upon this sight and many others. Learned everything I could about supplementation, nutrition and muscle development. Starting hitting the gym hard about 2-2 and a half years ago. Gradually worked my way up in weight(always trying to stay relatively lean and not gain a lot of excess fat) and currently weigh around 165-170lbs. I'm not sure what my ideal size is, but I am sure that I'm not close to there yet. This is the journey that will follow me in my training.

I am currently using a 5-day split. I have tried 3 day splits, 4 day splits, but I prefer the 5 day because I feel like my body responds well and I love being in the gym as much as possible. Although I usually rotate exercises depending on how my body feels and what I am trying to accomplish in the gym, I'll outline my basic workout.

Shoulders -
Seated dumbbell press
DB Lateral raises
Rear delt on the pecdec
Side Cable raises
HS machine

Back -
Lat pulldown
Weighted Chin/Pull ups
Barbell Rows
Rack Deads
DB rows
T-Bar Row

Legs-
Squat
Extensions
Leg Curl
Leg Press
Calf raises
(I've been training for a 13 mile run thats in 2 weeks so my heavy lifting for legs has slowed, but after that race it will completely change)

Chest-
Incline DB/BB
Flat DB/BB
Incline/flat flyes
Cable cross

Arms-
BB curl
Hammer curls
Preachers
Skulls
Tri Pushdown
Close Grip bench

Like I said, thats just a basic outline of what I try to work in. Usually I shoot for 12 working sets per muscle, but its all about listening to the body so that varies.

hardworkE
11-11-08, 1:48 pm
Just wanted to throw in a basic diet I try to follow. I'm not into counting macronutrients, I just try to aim for high calorie, high protein, medium carbs, good amount of healthy fats. If I'm not growing, I eat more and if I see too much fat piling on I cut back.

Meal 1:
2-3 whole eggs
2 Turkey sausage(or other lean protein)
1 cup of Natural Granola
2 tbsp Natural PB

Meal 2(Pre WO):
Protein bar/shake

Meal 3(PostWO):
Creatine/Protein Shake followed by
Stir-fry/Subway/Qdoba burrito

Meal 4:
1 cup brown rice(sometimes WW pasta)
8 oz. Chicken/Beef
Veggies/spinach salad

Meal 5:
Turkey Burger
Veggies
Almonds/PB

Meal 6:
Shake before bed

Supplements:
I have taken many Animal supps including Pak, Pump, Torrent, and M-Stak. Like them all, but right now I am just taking a Whey, multi, and creatine. I'm looking for a good pre-bed Protein shake/powder...any suggestions? One that will work for Meal 2 as well as a before bed would be ideal.

If you have any comments about my diet, definitely let me know. I'm always up to hear what people are thinking.

hardworkE
11-11-08, 1:57 pm
Threw a days food intake into fitday to see what I came up with. This is how it looks...
Calories
3,202 Total

Fat
103.4g
912cal

Saturated
28.6g
256cal

Polyunsaturated
13.7g
120cal

Monounsaturated
31.8g
274cal

Carbohydrate
283.4g
1,138cal

Dietary Fiber
Protein
294.4g
1,198cal

Fat (28%) Carbs (35%)
Protein (37%) Alcohol (0%)

Aggression
11-11-08, 2:31 pm
Back -
Lat pulldown
Weighted Chin/Pull ups
Barbell Rows
Rack Deads
DB rows
T-Bar Row

Huh, where'd ya get the idea to do rack deads? haha. As far as a protein before bed, try out the Milk & Egg protein. Its got about 46 servings per tub, and the taste is bearable. Its slow acting, so its perfect between meals and before bed.

Aggression
11-11-08, 2:33 pm
Bro keeping a log is a great way to keep yourself motivated. People drop by here and offer criticism, tips, ideas, and overall knowledge that can definitely help you.

I'm definitely subbed to this one, and I'll be checking in everyday brotha. Lets do some growing.

Aggression
11-11-08, 2:39 pm
HardworkE's discipline when it comes to food is simply perfection. I know this dude, and he never cheats; never strays away from the mission at hand. Time to get it done bro. I can't wait to see the results.

hardworkE
11-12-08, 11:34 am
Got in the gym yesterday and hit back hard. Had a nice workout where I hit some old favorites...to the numbers

Lat Pulldown: warmup, 130x10,150x9,160x6 - drop 140x4
Barbell Row: warmup, 135x10, 135x10, 155x7
Widegrip seated row: 120x10, 140x8
DB row: 65x10, 75x8, 75x8
Rack deads: 185x10,225x8,255x4
Pull-up: 8(failure)
Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 12 with 35lb weight

Back was feeling good after this and I am definitely feeling those rack deads today. Back is really sore. Funny how back was one of my least favorites when I started lifting, now its one of the best days in the gym.

Also I figured I would throw in a sample diet to see if anyone has any comments/critiques:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 2 piece turkey sausage, large bowl granola cereal, 2 tbsp almond butter
Meal 2: Subway Roast Chicken footlong on wheat with all the veggies
Meal 3(preWO): Chicken salad on wheat, 0 sugar protein bar(32g protein)
Lift
PostWO Shake: 5g creatine/25g protein/35g dextrose
Meal 4(45 min later): Rice with Chicken
Meal 5: Rice with chicken/broccoli/cauliflower
Meal 6: Cup of cottage cheese, 2 tbsp natural pb

If I don't like the way progress is going with this diet I'm going to try to throw another shake in there somewhere so I can get 7 meals in. Today in the gym is just going to be light legs/abs/cardio...not thrilled about it

Aggression
11-12-08, 12:00 pm
Got in the gym yesterday and hit back hard. Had a nice workout where I hit some old favorites...to the numbers

Lat Pulldown: warmup, 130x10,150x9,160x6 - drop 140x4
Barbell Row: warmup, 135x10, 135x10, 155x7
Widegrip seated row: 120x10, 140x8
DB row: 65x10, 75x8, 75x8
Rack deads: 185x10,225x8,255x4
Pull-up: 8(failure)
Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 12 with 35lb weight

Back was feeling good after this and I am definitely feeling those rack deads today. Back is really sore. Funny how back was one of my least favorites when I started lifting, now its one of the best days in the gym.

Also I figured I would throw in a sample diet to see if anyone has any comments/critiques:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 2 piece turkey sausage, large bowl granola cereal, 2 tbsp almond butter
Meal 2: Subway Roast Chicken footlong on wheat with all the veggies
Meal 3(preWO): Chicken salad on wheat, 0 sugar protein bar(32g protein)
Lift
PostWO Shake: 5g creatine/25g protein/35g dextrose
Meal 4(45 min later): Rice with Chicken
Meal 5: Rice with chicken/broccoli/cauliflower
Meal 6: Cup of cottage cheese, 2 tbsp natural pb

If I don't like the way progress is going with this diet I'm going to try to throw another shake in there somewhere so I can get 7 meals in. Today in the gym is just going to be light legs/abs/cardio...not thrilled about it

Impressive numbers bro. I wish you were back in TRF. Ok so whats the protein count for your breakfast in terms of the turkey sausage? Everything else seems in check. The Subway is going to add some quality dense calories to your diet, which should help put on some good weight. Damn, I want a Subway sub right now. Everything else looks real clean, just make sure you're eating enough of the stuff to put some weight on bro.

hardworkE
11-12-08, 1:23 pm
Morning protein is coming in at about 14(2)-21(3) for the eggs, 7 for turkey sausage/bacon, 5 in the granola, 8 in the milk, 3 for the almond butter

Aggression
11-12-08, 3:14 pm
What you got going on today in the gym bro

hardworkE
11-12-08, 4:12 pm
What you got going on today in the gym bro

Today is light legs/abs/cardio

Hit up about 8-10 sets of weighted ab workout
5 mile on the treadmill
Then gonna be some squats/extensions/curls

Getting that run in before the legs so that I can just kill them before the walk home. Can't wait for this half marathon bs to be over.

Firedrake
11-12-08, 4:23 pm
Where do you put the weights for the abs workout? A weighted vest, or holding a plate.

Good work on the running. You'll get through it, and then be in great cardiovascular shape to start packing on the muscle!

'drake

hardworkE
11-12-08, 4:28 pm
Where do you put the weights for the abs workout? A weighted vest, or holding a plate.

Good work on the running. You'll get through it, and then be in great cardiovascular shape to start packing on the muscle!

'drake

Usually do rope crunches and hold a weight on a decline bench. Personally think they are two of the best ab exercises. Probably throw in some sort of leg raise in a 3 set circuit, 3 times. Try to hit abs hard and fast.

hardworkE
11-13-08, 2:37 pm
Last night I hit the gym after work, and I am going to try to avoid doing that again at all costs. It was insanely crowded, hit that 5 o clock businessman rush. Started out with an ab circuit. Decline sit-ups w/ 25 lb plate, rope crunches using 80-120lb, and hanging leg raises. 9 sets total and my abs were feeling pretty good. After that every treadmill was packed so I started on the bike and hit 20 minutes on that. With no motivation to run afterwards I decided it was time to start up with some legs. Have been slacking on this since I started the race training and I definitely paid for it. Did some light squats to warm up. Then got about 8 with a weight i used to easily do 10 for. My legs were feeling it. All in all did:

9 set ab circuit(3,3,3)
20 minutes on bike
3 sets squats
2 super sets of extensions/leg curls
2 sets calves.

I'm feeling this short leg workout today...definitely hit different muscles than on my runs. After next Sunday, I will be working hard to build my legs back up and not look back.

Afterwards, had a great meal. 8 oz. 90% lean ground sirloin with rice all mixed together. Ketchup and hot sauce mixed in...it was amazing. Gonna do that one again tonight.

Today was a new day in the gym. Had chest on the schedule. Hit the gym during lunch to avoid the crowd, and it was definitely a good decision. I love being in the gym when its empty, nothing but you, loud music in your ears and the weight. This is what went down:

Incline BB: warmup 135x12, 160x9, 185x5, 160x7
Flat DB: warmup, 70x10, 80x8, 80x6
Incline fly: 35x12, 40x10, 45x7
Decline BB: 135x10 135x10
cable cross: 2 sets

Got a nice pump from this workout. Shoulder has bothered me a little the past couple weeks, but it feels like it is healing up. Never hit 185 on incline bench before so that was nice. Without a spot, it was a bitch getting that thing off the rack.

Diet for today is looking like this:
Meal 1: 2 eggs, 2 pieces turkey bacon(2g fat, 10g protein), bowl granola, 2 tbsp nat. pb
Meal 2: half protein bar(215cal,7g fat,22g carb, 16g protein), pb/jelly on wheat
PWO: shake(25g protein, 5g creatine, 35g carb)
Meal 3: Subway roast chicken footlong on wheat
Meal 4: Finish protein bar, almonds
Meal 5: 8 oz ground sirloin, brown rice, spinach salad
Meal 6: turkey burger, cottage cheese, nat. pb

Aggression
11-13-08, 2:43 pm
Incline BB: warmup 135x12, 160x9, 185x5, 160x7
Flat DB: warmup, 70x10, 80x8, 80x6
Incline fly: 35x12, 40x10, 45x7
Decline BB: 135x10 135x10
cable cross: 2 sets

Damn bro, those are some nice numbers on chest. 185 on the incline? Sh*t, I better get my mind right and get serious. I remember when you weren't doing half that man. Good work.

hardworkE
11-13-08, 2:53 pm
Damn bro, those are some nice numbers on chest. 185 on the incline? Sh*t, I better get my mind right and get serious. I remember when you weren't doing half that man. Good work.

Yeah dude, first time I hit 185 on incline. Not bad, a year ago I was struggling to put up 135 on incline. Glad I finally learned how big diet is in this whole game. Still have a long way to go...

Aggression
11-13-08, 3:05 pm
Yeah dude, first time I hit 185 on incline. Not bad, a year ago I was struggling to put up 135 on incline. Glad I finally learned how big diet is in this whole game. Still have a long way to go...

Learning that diet is most important is the biggest step bro. Now that you have your diet in check, just keep pounding away at the iron. Gains will come.

hardworkE
11-14-08, 10:28 am
About an hour until I hit arms. On the agenda:

Preacher curls
DB Hammer curls
BB curl
Close grip bench
skulls
tri pushdown
dip/chin superset
wrist curls

Aggression
11-14-08, 10:35 am
About an hour until I hit arms. On the agenda:

Preacher curls
DB Hammer curls
BB curl
Close grip bench
skulls
tri pushdown
dip/chin superset
wrist curls

BB Curls last in line for arms huh? That's a new way to go about it. Have you done that before? How did you like it compared to hitting BB curls first?

hardworkE
11-14-08, 10:47 am
I actually am just switching it up, I've been hitting them first for a while so I want to try something new. See how it works out.

Ragnar13
11-14-08, 10:53 am
Very interesting journey you got going on here. Like the 5 day split myself. Have fun on arms today.

*subscribed*

hardworkE
11-14-08, 1:25 pm
ARM DAY:

Warmup with curls
EZ bar curls 65x10, 75x8, 75x8
Hammer curls 35x10, 40x8, 40x6 - 30x6
BB curl 65x10, 75x10, 85x7

Rope pushdown: 70x20, 60x15(warmup)
Close grip bench: 135x10, 155x8
Skulls: 65x10, 65x10
Tri pushdown: 100x10, 120x10, 130x6
Dips 3 sets of 12
Chins 2 sets of 8

Arms were definitely feeling pumped. This week I tore my body up in the gym. My back is still sore from Tuesday, my chest is sore really deep from yesterday and my legs are feeling that workout Wed. Time to let the body heal up over the weekend, then get back to it on Monday. So far diet has been good. Weighed in at an all time high of 171 today, finally broke that 170 mark. Next stop is 180...shooting to get there by Summer 2009 and still be fairly lean. Let's make this happen. I can definitely foresee a Pump/M-stak combo in the future sometime between now and then.

Aggression
11-14-08, 2:13 pm
ARM DAY:

Warmup with curls
EZ bar curls 65x10, 75x8, 75x8
Hammer curls 35x10, 40x8, 40x6 - 30x6
BB curl 65x10, 75x10, 85x7

Rope pushdown: 70x20, 60x15(warmup)
Close grip bench: 135x10, 155x8
Skulls: 65x10, 65x10
Tri pushdown: 100x10, 120x10, 130x6
Dips 3 sets of 12
Chins 2 sets of 8

Arms were definitely feeling pumped. This week I tore my body up in the gym. My back is still sore from Tuesday, my chest is sore really deep from yesterday and my legs are feeling that workout Wed. Time to let the body heal up over the weekend, then get back to it on Monday. So far diet has been good. Weighed in at an all time high of 171 today, finally broke that 170 mark. Next stop is 180...shooting to get there by Summer 2009 and still be fairly lean. Let's make this happen. I can definitely foresee a Pump/M-stak combo in the future sometime between now and then.

Contrats on the 171 bro! Keep it up and 180 is right around the corner. Although .... ya might lose a pound or two once Saturday night is over ....

hardworkE
11-17-08, 1:47 pm
Shoulders today in the gym. After about 2 months of my left shoulder lagging due to poor form and affecting every workout from chest, back, and obviously shoulders, it has seemed to heal up and feels close to 100%. I am starting to see strength and size come quicker than it had before. Getting my diet a little more put together can't hurt the whole equation either. I forgot my logbook when I got in the gym so I don't have numbers unless I remember. This was the workout:

DB Shoulder press: warmup, 55x12, 65x9, 70x6 (wish I couldve gotten a spot to try to hit 75s on that last set...just getting them up takes a lot of our you.)
Side raises: 15x10, 25x10, 25x10
Rear delts on pecdec: 75x10, 90x10, 90x8
1 set DB rear delt
DB Shrugs: 70x15, 80x10, 90x10, 100x9
HS shoulder press 2 sets

It was the first time I used 100 lb dumbbells for anything which was pretty good even though its just shrugs. Otherwise, I've been feeling great in the gym. I am definitely taking those 75s next time on shoulder day. Still consistently weighing in at 170 in the gym. Strength is getting better so I should be seeing it keep climbing as long as I keep eating enough. I think I was forgetting a valuable principle of "You need to lift/eat more to gain size/get bigger" I was getting complacent with my lifts and diet. That's changed.

Again, can't wait until the half marathon this weekend is over so I can cut down on the cardio, this week is light. 2 miles today, 4 wednesday, 2 saturday, race sunday. After that I am going to get heavy into squat/leg movements.

Aggression
11-17-08, 2:02 pm
Shoulders today in the gym. After about 2 months of my left shoulder lagging due to poor form and affecting every workout from chest, back, and obviously shoulders, it has seemed to heal up and feels close to 100%. I am starting to see strength and size come quicker than it had before. Getting my diet a little more put together can't hurt the whole equation either. I forgot my logbook when I got in the gym so I don't have numbers unless I remember. This was the workout:

DB Shoulder press: warmup, 55x12, 65x9, 70x6 (wish I couldve gotten a spot to try to hit 75s on that last set...just getting them up takes a lot of our you.)
Side raises: 15x10, 25x10, 25x10
Rear delts on pecdec: 75x10, 90x10, 90x8
1 set DB rear delt
DB Shrugs: 70x15, 80x10, 90x10, 100x9
HS shoulder press 2 sets

It was the first time I used 100 lb dumbbells for anything which was pretty good even though its just shrugs. Otherwise, I've been feeling great in the gym. I am definitely taking those 75s next time on shoulder day. Still consistently weighing in at 170 in the gym. Strength is getting better so I should be seeing it keep climbing as long as I keep eating enough. I think I was forgetting a valuable principle of "You need to lift/eat more to gain size/get bigger" I was getting complacent with my lifts and diet. That's changed.

Again, can't wait until the half marathon this weekend is over so I can cut down on the cardio, this week is light. 2 miles today, 4 wednesday, 2 saturday, race sunday. After that I am going to get heavy into squat/leg movements.

Nice job on the 100's bro and you'll bang out those 75's next week easy. It's gonna be nice to lay off that cardio and pound those legs man. You'll put on a few quick solid pounds once you start squatting.

Ragnar13
11-17-08, 3:17 pm
Nice job on the 100's bro and you'll bang out those 75's next week easy. .

Completely agree! When you train alone, getting dumbbells in position is half the freaking effort of the set! Keep it up!

hardworkE
11-17-08, 4:19 pm
Think I am going to try to switch up some things in my diet

Meal 1(7:30): 2-3 whole eggs, 2 pieces turkey bacon, granola/oats, nat. pb
Meal 2(10:30 PreWO): Rice/Pasta and a protein(tuna, chicken, beef)
Meal 3(12:30 PostWO): Creatine/Protein shake, chicken sub/burrito/stir fry
Meal 4(4): Cottage cheese, natural pb,
Meal 5(7): Same as meal 2
Meal 6(9-10:30): Protein/Weight gainer shake

Want to get a bigger meal in pre workout than I had been and throw in a shake at night. Going to try to pick something up that is somewhat cost-effective for pre-bed shake...suggestions?

Aggression
11-17-08, 4:34 pm
Think I am going to try to switch up some things in my diet

Meal 1(7:30): 2-3 whole eggs, 2 pieces turkey bacon, granola/oats, nat. pb
Meal 2(10:30 PreWO): Rice/Pasta and a protein(tuna, chicken, beef)
Meal 3(12:30 PostWO): Creatine/Protein shake, chicken sub/burrito/stir fry
Meal 4(4): Cottage cheese, natural pb,
Meal 5(7): Same as meal 2
Meal 6(9-10:30): Protein/Weight gainer shake

Want to get a bigger meal in pre workout than I had been and throw in a shake at night. Going to try to pick something up that is somewhat cost-effective for pre-bed shake...suggestions?

If you're looking for a prime-time pre-bed shake, your best bet would be to get some casein protein (slow digestion rate). If not, take some regular whey protein with some peanut butter. The peanut butter will help slow digestion. I personally stay away from carbs during the last mea/shake. I throw down 50g whey with some natty peanut butter before bed.

hardworkE
11-18-08, 12:54 pm
Warmup with pullups/rows
BB row: 135x10, 135x10, 155x9
Weighted chins: 45x5, 45x6 then BWx6
DB row: 70x10, 70x10, 80x8
Wide grip lat pulldown: 120x10, 140x10
HS High row: 100x10, 110x10
Hyperextensions: 25x12, 25x12

Back felt okay, feel like my form on the BB row could be better. Feeling it harder on my right side than my left.

Aggression
11-18-08, 12:56 pm
Warmup with pullups/rows

Back felt okay, feel like my form on the BB row could be better. Feeling it harder on my right side than my left.

Where's the rack deadlifts bro?

hardworkE
11-18-08, 1:03 pm
Where's the rack deadlifts bro?

I was actually dying to get some, figured I'd throw in weighted chins instead. Let the back recover completely from last week so next week I can bust through 255 x 5. I gotta catch up to that 405

Firedrake
11-18-08, 4:05 pm
Warmup with pullups/rows

Very nice, very nice --- I think we all have to be careful on form with exercises like that: we all have one side or another dominant.

hardworkE
11-19-08, 5:15 pm
Chest workout coming in a little bit. I'm really feeling some big weight today. Body feels pretty good and I got some good meals in so far today. Watching Wrath work some chest now to get pumped. Lets see what we're gonna hit:

DB incline
BB flat
incline fly
cable cross/hs

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:44 am
Dude, hitting the gym late last night huh? I usually see the numbers mid-day and you left me disappointed yesterday haha. Get those numbers up bro!

hardworkE
11-20-08, 2:02 pm
Dude, hitting the gym late last night huh? I usually see the numbers mid-day and you left me disappointed yesterday haha. Get those numbers up bro!

Sorry for the wait bro, lifting got pushed back until about 7. Luckily I brought enough food with me to work to stay fueled up for it.

Went in the gym last night and was feeling fired up to lift. I swear every time I walk towards the gym I get giddy, like a little kid running down the stairs on christmas morning to see what awaits him. I know what awaits me, a sanctuary full of iron. A place where I can throw my music on as loud as I want and find out what I'm made of. Working out is something that you either love or hate, and I'm glad I love it. To the numbers:

Been trying to get more upper pec development so I've thrown incline in first every week the past few workouts.

Incline DB: warmup, 60x12, 70x9, 80x6, 70x6
Flat BB: 135x10, 135x10, 155x7, 185x4
Incline db fly: 35x12, 40x10
Flat db fly: 40x10, 35x10
Cable cross 2 sets

Workout felt good, I always get a nice pump doing chest. Left shoulder started acting up during flat bb, still trying to strengthen that. Overall I can't say I was disappointed, but I definitely see room for improvement, which is the way it should be. I'm striving for a lot more than this. Other than that, since starting up this journey things have been going good. Diet is on track, especially pre-bed diet which is something I was slacking on. Stepped on the scale last night in the gym at 173. I think that scale is a little off, but its what I use to measure my weight progress against. I was stuck at 165-167 for a while this summer so it good to see it move. Should mean the clean bulking is doing what its supposed to...increase size/strength. I'm just gonna keep plugging away.

Typical day of food for me:

8am: 2 xl whole eggs, 2 pieces turkey bacon, bowl of granola, tbsp pb
11am: pb and j on whole wheat, cottage cheese
11:45 lift
12:45 Creatine/Protein shake
1:15 footlong Chicken breast on wheat w/ veggies
4: pasta/ground beef
7: Turkey burger/veggies
1030: protein shake, 2 tbsp pb, 12 oz milk

Aggression
11-20-08, 2:14 pm
4: pasta/ground beef

Sweet.

Nice weight bro. You've def bumped up the strength in the last few months man, nice work.

hardworkE
11-20-08, 2:16 pm
Sweet.

Nice weight bro. You've def bumped up the strength in the last few months man, nice work.

Yeah, now if I can only double that I'll be feeling good. Actually I don't know about 160s on incline...maybe 130s

Aggression
11-20-08, 2:18 pm
Yeah, now if I can only double that I'll be feeling good. Actually I don't know about 160s on incline...maybe 130s

Dude thats big man. HaHa. Most I ever got up on incline was 110's I believe. Hey, keep pounding the inclines consistently and keep housing food, you'll get there man. Consistency.

hardworkE
11-20-08, 2:55 pm
'Big' is in your vocabulary? I thought i was just 'bigger'...

Aggression
11-20-08, 3:06 pm
'Big' is in your vocabulary? I thought i was just 'bigger'...

true

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 4:36 pm
Lol, you're right, our weight goals and bf goals are very similar. It's awesome to see your workout and compare it to mine knowing that we are of similar stature. Very impressive weights you are puttin' up bro, and a nice meal plan. Keep us updated. Sub'd.

RK
11-20-08, 5:04 pm
hey man u got a good looking journey goin here. Great looking work outs and you got your diet fucken spotless. I am def sub'd in and will be around here for a while. Your area status is philly, there are a bunch of animals that all train around the area. I usually train around the doylestown area and all the way down to the norristown/king of prussia area. If you ever are looking for someone to lift with shoot me a PM or post it on my journey. Nothing better than training with different people, always learn something new. Keep up the good work!

RK

hardworkE
11-21-08, 9:41 am
hey man u got a good looking journey goin here. Great looking work outs and you got your diet fucken spotless. I am def sub'd in and will be around here for a while. Your area status is philly, there are a bunch of animals that all train around the area. I usually train around the doylestown area and all the way down to the norristown/king of prussia area. If you ever are looking for someone to lift with shoot me a PM or post it on my journey. Nothing better than training with different people, always learn something new. Keep up the good work!

RK

Thanks bro, I'll head over to your journey and see whats going on. I'm in down in center city, train at psc.

Lol, you're right, our weight goals and bf goals are very similar. It's awesome to see your workout and compare it to mine knowing that we are of similar stature. Very impressive weights you are puttin' up bro, and a nice meal plan. Keep us updated. Sub'd.

You got it, just trying to stay consistent with everything. Get all my meals in, keep putting up more weight and increasing calories

hardworkE
11-24-08, 11:54 am
Coming back from a nice weekend. It was a big day in NY football with the Giants taking down the Cards and the Jets snapping the Titans streak, an all NY super bowl??? Had my half marathon yesterday, but I finished my week of working out on Friday with arms. It was one of the most pumped my arms have ever felt. I thought my left arm was going to explode and the right wasnt far behind. Don't have numbers, I just went in there and hopped around, went on feel. Worked out great, was feeling it in my bi's and tri's on Saturday pretty good.

Sunday woke up at the crack of dawn(5:30am) to get up and eat before the race. Got to the starting line at about 7 and did it up. The beginning was miserable, 16000 people all congested, trying to get through. The pace was pretty slow in the beginning, trying to find holes to run through and get ahead of people who were going slow. Around mile 2 it opened up and I kept a good pace throughout. Finished with a time of 1:56:55, 1356 out of 5184. I was amazed with how many in shape older people were there. I definitely lost to a couple 50+ year olds, but I'm not really ashamed of it...they were cruising. Race definitely took a lot out of me, but it was a good experience. There were a ton of people out showing their support, streets were filled with fans cheering people on throughout the entire 13 miles. My body is feeling the effects of it a little today. I was housing food after the race all day and trying to recover as quick as possible.

Today I have shoulders on the agenda. I'm gonna get in the gym and see how I feel. I'm not expecting any PR's, but hopefully a good pump. Now that thats behind me I'm going to cut down the cardio and start packing on some mass. I definitely want to break 180 by the time I'm ready to cut down a little...but I'm shooting for 185. Time to do it

Aggression
11-24-08, 12:02 pm
Coming back from a nice weekend. It was a big day in NY football with the Giants taking down the Cards and the Jets snapping the Titans streak, an all NY super bowl??? Had my half marathon yesterday, but I finished my week of working out on Friday with arms. It was one of the most pumped my arms have ever felt. I thought my left arm was going to explode and the right wasnt far behind. Don't have numbers, I just went in there and hopped around, went on feel. Worked out great, was feeling it in my bi's and tri's on Saturday pretty good.

Sunday woke up at the crack of dawn(5:30am) to get up and eat before the race. Got to the starting line at about 7 and did it up. The beginning was miserable, 16000 people all congested, trying to get through. The pace was pretty slow in the beginning, trying to find holes to run through and get ahead of people who were going slow. Around mile 2 it opened up and I kept a good pace throughout. Finished with a time of 1:56:55, 1356 out of 5184. I was amazed with how many in shape older people were there. I definitely lost to a couple 50+ year olds, but I'm not really ashamed of it...they were cruising. Race definitely took a lot out of me, but it was a good experience. There were a ton of people out showing their support, streets were filled with fans cheering people on throughout the entire 13 miles. My body is feeling the effects of it a little today. I was housing food after the race all day and trying to recover as quick as possible.

Today I have shoulders on the agenda. I'm gonna get in the gym and see how I feel. I'm not expecting any PR's, but hopefully a good pump. Now that thats behind me I'm going to cut down the cardio and start packing on some mass. I definitely want to break 180 by the time I'm ready to cut down a little...but I'm shooting for 185. Time to do it

Nice job on the finish bro. I woulda been draggin' ass after the first mile. 13 miles is ridiculous. Now it's time to cut the bullshit and pack on that mass bro. Do it up. What we doing on Friday? Let me know so I don't hit that bodypart before then. I'm down for back, arms or shoulders. You're call.

hardworkE
11-24-08, 3:42 pm
I have not stopped eating and hydrating all day...body feels a lot better. Hopefully I can do a little damage in the gym. Wish I had Wraths delt video to pump me up for shoulders

hardworkE
11-24-08, 3:43 pm
just found it on youtube...this will be a nice way to get psyched

Aggression
11-24-08, 4:00 pm
just found it on youtube...this will be a nice way to get psyched

HaHa, do it up. We should have trained shoulders together bro. But I guess back is ok.

hardworkE
11-25-08, 10:21 am
Hit chest in the gym yesterday. I definitely was still feeling weak from the race the day before, but I pushed through and actually got a nice pump. That was all I wanted to accomplish, weights were not impressive by any means.

Incline DB press: warmup, 60x12, 65x10, 70x6
-Supersetted w/ Incline fly: 30x10, 35x10, 35x7
Flat DB press: 60x10, 65x8, 65x7
-Supersetted w/ flat fly: 30x10, 35x8
Dips: bw x 10, bw x 10
Pec dec: 75x10, 105x10, 120x9

After this did some pushups to finish up. Definitely had a good pump, but felt weak in my presses. Thats alright, I expected it. Today I'm taking a day off and letting my body heal up, then tomorrow back in to destroy back.

T bar row
Lat Pulldown
One arm DB row
Pull ups
Rack deads
hyperextensions

If only that wrath back dvd was on youtube...

Good news about yesterdays workout was a good, solid pump and I weighed in at 172. Thought I would have dropped because of the race and I didn't take in any creatine over the weekened for fear of dehydration during the race. Everything else is back on track and I'm feeling good about what lies ahead.

Aggression
11-25-08, 12:08 pm
Hit chest in the gym yesterday. I definitely was still feeling weak from the race the day before, but I pushed through and actually got a nice pump. That was all I wanted to accomplish, weights were not impressive by any means.

Incline DB press: warmup, 60x12, 65x10, 70x6
-Supersetted w/ Incline fly: 30x10, 35x10, 35x7
Flat DB press: 60x10, 65x8, 65x7
-Supersetted w/ flat fly: 30x10, 35x8
Dips: bw x 10, bw x 10
Pec dec: 75x10, 105x10, 120x9

After this did some pushups to finish up. Definitely had a good pump, but felt weak in my presses. Thats alright, I expected it. Today I'm taking a day off and letting my body heal up, then tomorrow back in to destroy back.

T bar row
Lat Pulldown
One arm DB row
Pull ups
Rack deads
hyperextensions

If only that wrath back dvd was on youtube...

Good news about yesterdays workout was a good, solid pump and I weighed in at 172. Thought I would have dropped because of the race and I didn't take in any creatine over the weekened for fear of dehydration during the race. Everything else is back on track and I'm feeling good about what lies ahead.

Looks like a pretty solid session for back day. Wrath's DVD for back is insane. He does about 6 exercises with 4 sets each. Intense.

You better load up on food for Thanksgiving bro. Friday is gonna be wicked.

hardworkE
11-27-08, 10:43 am
Hit back yesterday afternoon. I really need to start remembering my log book when I go. I remember a couple numbers and most of the routine.

T Row-45x12, 60x12, 70x10, 90x10
Lat Pulldown 4 sets
One arm db row- 3sets 70x10
rack deads-135x10, 225x8, 285x3, 225x6....still shooting for 300+
CG lat pulldown 2 sets
Pull ups
Abs

Overall it was a nice session, back felt good and is sore today from the rows/deads. Looking forward to a day of food and relaxation. Shoulders tomorrow in Jersey, I'm expecting big things in there. Time to put on my bib and get ready to feast.

Aggression
11-27-08, 2:49 pm
Hit back yesterday afternoon. I really need to start remembering my log book when I go. I remember a couple numbers and most of the routine.

T Row-45x12, 60x12, 70x10, 90x10
Lat Pulldown 4 sets
One arm db row- 3sets 70x10
rack deads-135x10, 225x8, 285x3, 225x6....still shooting for 300+
CG lat pulldown 2 sets
Pull ups
Abs

Overall it was a nice session, back felt good and is sore today from the rows/deads. Looking forward to a day of food and relaxation. Shoulders tomorrow in Jersey, I'm expecting big things in there. Time to put on my bib and get ready to feast.

Good shit with the 285 bro! 300 is close man. Shoulders better get ready for a rude-awakening, ravishing rick style haha.

hardworkE
12-01-08, 11:20 am
Had a nice Thanksgiving workout back in Jersey with Aggression. I'm gonna be putting up those weights hes throwing around eventually. Had a pretty nice shoulder workout

DB shoulder press: warmup, 55x12, 60x10, 70x5...those 75s will be up by xmas.
Side delt raises 15x12, 15x10, 25x7 - 15x6
cable real delt raises 3 sets 8-12 range
BB shrugs: 135x12, 185x10, 225x10, 225x8
DB shrugs 55x15

Finished with some abs.

Good workout and I am still working to even out my shoulders. Today I'm back at it for a chest workout. This week I'm also trying to focus on upping calories a little more. Probably will be one more small meal while i'm at work.

Aggression
12-01-08, 3:01 pm
It was a pleasure doing work with ya bro. Until next time ....

hardworkE
12-01-08, 4:24 pm
I have been starving lately. I just keep eating and eating.
Todays diet:

breakfast 8am: 3 whole eggs, 2 pieces turkey bacon, bowl of granola
snack 10:30am: turkey and cheese on wheat
lunch 1230pm: footlong roast chicken sub on wheat
meal 3pm: chicken, brown rice, veg stir fry
pre workout 430: 300 cal protein bar& black coffee
workout @ 515
postworkout: 30g protein, 5g creatine, 35g carb shake
meal 715: ground beef and pasta
probably snack on some cottage cheese/yogurt/almonds
prebed protein shake

Chest today in the gym...
Incline DB
Incline Smith machine
Flat BB
Incline Fly

Aggression
12-01-08, 4:30 pm
breakfast 8am: 3 whole eggs, 2 pieces turkey bacon, bowl of granola
snack 10:30am: turkey and cheese on wheat
lunch 1230pm: footlong roast chicken sub on wheat
meal 3pm: chicken, brown rice, veg stir fry
pre workout 430: 300 cal protein bar& black coffee
workout @ 515
postworkout: 30g protein, 5g creatine, 35g carb shake
meal 715: ground beef and pasta
probably snack on some cottage cheese/yogurt/almonds
prebed protein shake

Looks good brotha. Only suggestion would be to possibly throw in a bit more simple carbs in the post-workout shake. Maybe go from 35g to 50-60g. Another suggestion, maybe you should throw in some M-stak too (haha)

hardworkE
12-02-08, 9:37 am
Had a really solid day of eating and lifting yesterday...I can feel the gains knocking at the door. Growth season. I have only completed one other real bulk before and I went from 145-160 then leaned out to about 158 over the course of a slow cut just to shed some excess fat. I decided to up calories in my diet. In the morning I threw in an extra whole egg and I put in an extra sandwich(tuna or turkey on wheat). Also I switched from Skim to 1% milk for a little extra calories in my cereal/before bed shake. All in all probably an increase of about 400-500 calories. Yesterday was chest:

Incline BB: warmup, 135x12, 155x9. was trying to work on better form
Incline DB: 65x10, 70x9
Flat BB: 135x10, 155x8, 185x4. Felt spent after incline
Incline fly: 40x10, 45x9
Decline BB: 115x10, 135x8
Seated chest press: 130x10, 150x8
Pec Dec: 2 light sets to finish with strong contractions.

Chest was really pumped and feeling good. After working out I went in for a weigh in. Now this was the first time I weighed myself after working out after work in about two weeks. Usually I've been around 170-172 in the morning, last time at night I was about 173. I got on the scale and I was 177. I thought the thing was broken, but I moved it, weighed in again and same result. Now I know I didnt put on 5-7 pounds over night, and the scale doesnt really mean too much, but lets face it...its good to see it moving in the right direction. I also think I like working out after work more because of food reasons, I can get in about 3-4 meals as opposed to 1-2 pre-workout. Downside is between my shake and post workout meal I'll be downing about 100g carbs before I goto sleep. I'll see how my body handles it all. Today I'm in for back. Should be awesome.

Aggression
12-02-08, 10:14 am
Definitely good shit man. Happy to see that scale knocking at 180 bro. Keep it up. With the added calories throughout the day, 180 will come within a week or so. Good shit.

hardworkE
12-02-08, 10:44 am
Definitely good shit man. Happy to see that scale knocking at 180 bro. Keep it up. With the added calories throughout the day, 180 will come within a week or so. Good shit.

Hope its knocking. I dont want to put on weight too fast, thats usually never a good sign. But seeing the scale hit 180 by new years would definitely be a nice gift.

hardworkE
12-02-08, 4:21 pm
About to hit back. Started with t-bar rows last week and I got a great pump, sore in places I usually dont get sore so I think I'm gonna start with rows again.

DB Row
Lat Pulldown
CG Pulldown
Rack Deads
T-bar row
Extensions

Food intake has been good so I feel a solid workout coming. Also I want to just hop on the scale, just to see if that 177 holds up. I'm expecting 174. I think that was a freak thing yesterday, gravity pulling a little harder than usual. Doesn't matter, just going to slam the weights. Numbers tomorrow

Aggression
12-02-08, 4:24 pm
About to hit back. Started with t-bar rows last week and I got a great pump, sore in places I usually dont get sore so I think I'm gonna start with rows again.

DB Row
Lat Pulldown
CG Pulldown
Rack Deads
T-bar row
Extensions

Food intake has been good so I feel a solid workout coming. Also I want to just hop on the scale, just to see if that 177 holds up. I'm expecting 174. I think that was a freak thing yesterday, gravity pulling a little harder than usual. Doesn't matter, just going to slam the weights. Numbers tomorrow

Tear apart them racks bro! Get some big numbers!

hardworkE
12-03-08, 9:37 am
Yesterday I had a great back workout. Was 175 on the scale, so the 177 was just a fluke for now, but I felt pretty strong in the gym.

DB Rows 3 sets of 10(70x10)
Lat Pulldown 3 sets of 8-10(140x8)
Rack deads 3 sets of 4-8(290x4)
CG Pulldown 3 sets of 7-10(150x7)
Wide Grip Row 2 sets
T bar row 3 sets of 9-10(90x9)
Back Extensions 30 reps of BW, 25, BW

Threw down a shake and cooked up some ground beef/pasta for dinner.

Recent diet:
meal 1: 3 whole eggs, turkey bacon, bowl of granola/shredded wheat
meal 2: pasta/ground beef or rice/chicken
meal 3: Footlong Roasted Chicken on wheat or Chicken/rice/bean burrito
meal 4: same as 2
meal 5: Postworkout shake
meal 6: some kind of rice/pasta/lean meat/veggie dish
meal 7: Prebed 600+ calorie shake

The only meal that ever changes is 2, sometimes it is just a sandwich on wheat and fruit. Today I'm back into the gym to get my full leg workouts started. I am not going to be proud of the numbers that show up tomorrow and even worse is my legs are going to be killing me. That walk to work is going to be brutal...better leave 5 minutes earlier

Aggression
12-03-08, 9:53 am
Today I'm back into the gym to get my full leg workouts started. I am not going to be proud of the numbers that show up tomorrow and even worse is my legs are going to be killing me. That walk to work is going to be brutal...better leave 5 minutes earlier

Time to get them tree trunks growing bro.

hardworkE
12-03-08, 10:36 am
This shits gonna hurt...

Aggression
12-03-08, 10:38 am
This shits gonna hurt...

HaHa yeah it will. But it will be the start of some leg growth. It will separate you from the weekend warriors who only train chest and biceps. You gonna be squatting on your first day back?

hardworkE
12-03-08, 11:07 am
I'm going to get on that squat rack. Workout will look something like this

Squats
Leg Extensions
Leg Curl
Leg Press
Seated/Standing Calf Raises

Legs are going to be on fire after that.

hardworkE
12-04-08, 9:26 am
Usually I get excited walking over to the gym and heading down the stairs into it. Yesterday I was nervous, I knew walking back up those stairs was going to be a chore. First legit leg day in a while. It is time to get these things growing. Mostly I was trying to feel out the weight and see what my starting point is.

15 minutes on elliptical
Squats: warmup, 135x10, 155x10, 185x6 - after this my legs were burning
Leg Extension: 80x8, 65x10, 80x10
supersetted w/
Leg Curl: 80x10, 80x10, 80x8
Standing BB calf raise(smith machine): 135x15, 185x12, 185x12
seated calf raise: 90x7, 45x12

I definitely had to check my ego at the door, because I wasn't really doing anything that resembled impressive weight, but I'm not too worried. I actually liked legs and its nice to get that feeling where you're not sure if you can squat another set, but you do it anyway and feel the reward. I can't wait for next weeks legs session. Definitely need to throw leg press back in there, just didn't have enough in my legs to do it last night. Today is a much needed rest day. Eat some good food and rest. Shoulders tomorrow and arms over the weekend. My goal for this weekend is to maintain my discipline with meals. That is where I used to slack off and it definitely makes a huge difference. Like the gains that are coming on, and between adding in some more calories, lifting legs hard, and a nice can of m-stak that is waiting for me, I think hitting 185 is definitely in my future.

Aggression
12-04-08, 9:40 am
I definitely had to check my ego at the door, because I wasn't really doing anything that resembled impressive weight, but I'm not too worried. I actually liked legs and its nice to get that feeling where you're not sure if you can squat another set, but you do it anyway and feel the reward. I can't wait for next weeks legs session. Definitely need to throw leg press back in there, just didn't have enough in my legs to do it last night. Today is a much needed rest day. Eat some good food and rest. Shoulders tomorrow and arms over the weekend. My goal for this weekend is to maintain my discipline with meals. That is where I used to slack off and it definitely makes a huge difference. Like the gains that are coming on, and between adding in some more calories, lifting legs hard, and a nice can of m-stak that is waiting for me, I think hitting 185 is definitely in my future.

Solid and effective bro. I was going to suggest a leg press next session, but you already said it. Good thing you kept it simple on your first day with legs, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten up this morning. Keep it strong brother. M-Stak will be nice. How was your walk to work this morning? Bearable?

hardworkE
12-04-08, 10:04 am
I feel the soreness creeping up. I am definitely going to be getting up and stretching a lot today.

Aggression
12-04-08, 10:13 am
I feel the soreness creeping up. I am definitely going to be getting up and stretching a lot today.

Might get that DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). When it comes time to clock out, you might need a cab back to your place. My hamstrings did that to me last night. Worked them out Tuesday night, and it wasn't until late Wednesday at the end of work that I started to feel sore as a bitch.

NPRamirez
12-04-08, 11:01 pm
Usually I get excited walking over to the gym and heading down the stairs into it. Yesterday I was nervous, I knew walking back up those stairs was going to be a chore. First legit leg day in a while. It is time to get these things growing. Mostly I was trying to feel out the weight and see what my starting point is.

15 minutes on elliptical
Squats: warmup, 135x10, 155x10, 185x6 - after this my legs were burning
Leg Extension: 80x8, 65x10, 80x10
supersetted w/
Leg Curl: 80x10, 80x10, 80x8
Standing BB calf raise(smith machine): 135x15, 185x12, 185x12
seated calf raise: 90x7, 45x12

Definitely a legit leg workout. 185 is just around the corner, man. Keep poundin' away at it. I'll see you there ;)

hardworkE
12-05-08, 11:40 am
Legs are real sore right now. As expected, it hit about 36 hours post workout. Having a hard time walking around without looking like I just learned how to move. Shoulders are on the agenda for today. Going to mix it up and throw some rear/side delts first, before doing some heavy presses. See how this works out.

hardworkE
12-05-08, 11:49 am
Eating my newest meal...
Brown Rice, ground beef, hot sauce, ketchup and cheese all mixed up in a bowl. Tastes delicious. Highly suggest it for anyone looking for a quick meal to stash at work.

Aggression
12-05-08, 12:06 pm
Eating my newest meal...
Brown Rice, ground beef, hot sauce, ketchup and cheese all mixed up in a bowl. Tastes delicious. Highly suggest it for anyone looking for a quick meal to stash at work.

Hot sauce AND ketchup? I never tried using both. For lunch today, coincidentally, I have ground beef, brown rice and hot sauce. I wish I thought of the idea to throw some cheese in there ... Maybe I'll make that tonight ...

hardworkE
12-05-08, 4:25 pm
Just got back from trying out a different shoulder workout...wow. I hit rear/side delts first and it made a huge difference. I know my left shoulder was behind because it felt so pumped up like I never felt before in that arm. This is good...keep working this in and they should be back to normal. My presses were definitely lighter due to it.

Bent rear delt
Side laterals
DB press
Shrugs
Pec dec rear delt superset HS press

In a rush, but it was a solid workout. I will definitely be diong that again. Thanks to anyone who stopped by my thread in the training section, huge helps.

Aggression
12-05-08, 4:35 pm
Just got back from trying out a different shoulder workout...wow. I hit rear/side delts first and it made a huge difference. I know my left shoulder was behind because it felt so pumped up like I never felt before in that arm. This is good...keep working this in and they should be back to normal. My presses were definitely lighter due to it.

In a rush, but it was a solid workout. I will definitely be diong that again. Thanks to anyone who stopped by my thread in the training section, huge helps.

Glad to hear it went well bro. If it works, keep doing it this way and you'll see some good gains.

Aggression
12-08-08, 3:28 pm
Where you at bro? Taking some time off? Panzy.

hardworkE
12-09-08, 3:45 pm
Ha time off isn't a possibility. Just been getting hammered by work lately. Luckily I've been still getting my workouts/meals in. Arms on Sunday, Chest yesterday, resting the upper body and doing legs tonight. Even though I wasn't feeling that strong yesterday I still got a good pump in and I'm pretty sore today. Will get on updating once shit slows down. I'd rather miss work than miss a workout.

Aggression
12-09-08, 3:54 pm
Ha time off isn't a possibility. Just been getting hammered by work lately. Luckily I've been still getting my workouts/meals in. Arms on Sunday, Chest yesterday, resting the upper body and doing legs tonight. Even though I wasn't feeling that strong yesterday I still got a good pump in and I'm pretty sore today. Will get on updating once shit slows down. I'd rather miss work than miss a workout.

Sounds good brotha. As long as you're getting your workouts/meals in, your golden. I look forward to seeing some numbers put up from the last few workouts ....

hardworkE
12-10-08, 1:44 pm
Yesterday I hit the gym for big leg training session #2. It went a lot better than the first time. Got a good pump, got a nice wobbly/trembling feeling the whole way home, and used strict form/contractions on all lifts.

10 min elliptical
Squat: warmup, 135x10, 185x8, 185x9
Leg Extension: 3 sets of 10 w/ 90lb(hold at the top)
Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 w/ 90
Seated calf raises: 3 sets of 15 45pp
Leg Press: 2 plates per side for 10 deep presses(2 sets)

Felt good on everything, except my lower back was feeling the squats pretty bad. Felt like my form was pretty good, but something must have been off...maybe bar placement? Next week I will squat over 200lbs no problem. Today is an off day, my body has been feeling pretty beat up so im gonna let it recover today. Been staying consistent with all of my meals except meal 2. I think I'm going to switch it to a tuna sandwich and a yogurt for now. Less calories than originally planned, but atleast i wont skip it and can work up to a full meal. Back day is on tap for tomorrow....psyched for it.

Aggression
12-10-08, 1:49 pm
Let that lower back rest today. Tomorrow is Rack Deads! I hit 405 x 11 yesterday. My partner showed me up and did 495 x 12 tho. I guess I got some growing to do.

hardworkE
12-11-08, 11:20 am
After an off day im ready to get back in the gym. Hungry for some good lifts. Hitting back today so it should look something like this:

T-bar Row
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
Rack Deads
DB Row
Lat exercise
back extensions

Can't wait, time to eat.

hardworkE
12-11-08, 1:40 pm
Decided to hit the gym during lunch due to a little extra free time. I went into the gym today knowing I was going to get a great workout, and I definitely did. Nice solid contractions on all exercises and my back was feeling pumped.

Lat Pulldown: warmup, 110x12, 130x10, 150x9- 120x4
T Bar row: warmup, 45x12, 70x10, 80x8 70x6
CG pulldown: 3 sets(130x8 final)
Single arm DB Row: 60x12, 60x10
One arm standing cable row: 80x10, 90x10
Rack deads: 135x12, 225x6, 275x5, 275x1 - 225x4

I really went into rack deads thinking that I would throw down 315. I had all the confidence in the world, but I think my back was too taxed from everything I did before it. Plus with my legs still sore from tuesday, I had no help coming from my hams. I tried to throw it earlier in the workout, but two guys were doing squats for about 30 minutes on it.
Pretty disappointing, but it will come. Good news was the scale tipped 175(with shoes on, same way I always weigh myself), but it was the first time I hit that during an afternoon session. So the scale is moving, just gotta keep going with the meals.

Going to grab some more of my pre-bed protein formula on the way home from work, bc I think that has definitely been having a positive effect on results. That was the meal I would always skip out on, and I think its one of the most important. Also upped some of the ingredients in it and it looks to come out to about

12 oz. 1% milk(160cal, 4g fat, 13g protein)
2 scoops of powder(300cal, 12g fat, 32g protein)
2 tbsp nat pb(180cal, 16g fat, 7g protein)

640cal
32g fat
52g protein
Adding that to your diet would definitely make a difference...so I'm gonna keep on it.

Shoulders tomorrow.

Aggression
12-11-08, 2:04 pm
Hey man it's not always about the weight bro. Those racks can be a nice finishing move to your back workout when done at higher reps

... Fatality ...

hardworkE
12-12-08, 12:35 pm
Second great shoulder workout in two weeks. I'm really feeling my lagging side/rear delts during my workout, getting a huge pump.

Side raises: 10x15, 15x10, 15x10, 20,4
Rear Delt raises: 3 sets(15x10)
Smith machine shoulder press: 135x10, 135x10, 155x8
pec dec rear delt: 90x10, 90x10
Smith machine BB shrug: 135x15, 225x10, 225x10
DB Shrug: 85x12, 85x10
HS shoulder press: 110x8

Shoulders felt and looked pumped. Threw in another 20g carbs with my post workout protein shake as well. Having no one in the gym and working out on a Friday feels great. Had free reign of that place. Looking forward to a good weekend...

Aggression
12-12-08, 12:49 pm
I guess throwing those presses later into the workout is doing the job. Glad to hear it man. I liked how you ended the worked with a final burn set of presses too. niCe.

Firedrake
12-14-08, 2:29 pm
Great looking work! Gotta warn you, though: you're gonna get W-I-I-IDE that way. . .

hardworkE
12-15-08, 11:13 am
Great looking work! Gotta warn you, though: you're gonna get W-I-I-IDE that way. . .

Thanks...thats the goal. Keeping up with these heavy presses and it will eventually come.

hardworkE
12-15-08, 11:20 am
Working on your body doesn't happen overnight, and if it did none of us would be here. We would have taken that magical supplement, got the body we wanted, and go on conducting business as usual. Since this does not happen its all about putting in the time and seeing the fruits of your labor. One of the reasons I enjoy lifting and this whole lifestyle in general. You can picture what the future will look like, be it 200lbs and 6% body fat or a 315lb bench press. I love having my sights on something, having a goal that I am working to achieve. Just a thought before heading to the gym today. Chest/Tris

Aggression
12-15-08, 12:58 pm
Working on your body doesn't happen overnight, and if it did none of us would be here. We would have taken that magical supplement, got the body we wanted, and go on conducting business as usual. Since this does not happen its all about putting in the time and seeing the fruits of your labor. One of the reasons I enjoy lifting and this whole lifestyle in general. You can picture what the future will look like, be it 200lbs and 6% body fat or a 315lb bench press. I love having my sights on something, having a goal that I am working to achieve. Just a thought before heading to the gym today. Chest/Tris

Amen

hardworkE
12-15-08, 1:33 pm
Chest/Tri:

Incline DB: warmup, 65x12, 70x9, 75x6
Flat BB: warmup, 135x12, 155x8, 165x6-drop-135x8
Flat HS press: 110x7, 95x8
Incline fly: 40x10, 45x9, 50x6, 40x9
Pec dec: 110xfailure

Tri pushdown 3 sets of 8-12
DB Skullcrushers 3 sets of 7-10
one arm cable ext: 2 sets of 10

Didn't feel too great in the gym. Disappointing. I saw it coming though, this weekend I did not eat as much as I should have...fck. I am going to invest time into getting new workout music(listening to the same 2 cds for 2 months has finally gotten real old) and investing some money into a preWO supp...shock therapy. I also think I am going to be taking a week off soon to let me body rest. the week of new years is looking like it because of a vacation/new years.

Any suggestions on new bands to listen to while working out?? Also, how often do is taking off a week from working out a good idea?

hardworkE
12-16-08, 2:07 pm
Hit back today in the gym. This morning felt like I was coming down with something, but I think it was just a headache, not sickness. Luckily I don't think it affected my workout too much. Decided to switch up the order of my workout, but I still didn't deadlift 300...

Rack deads: 135x12, 225x10, 275x7, 315x5
Lat pulldown: 3 sets 5-12(160x5 -drop- 130x8)
DB row: 50x12, 60x10, 70x10
Cable row: 110x12, 130x10, 150x9
CG pulldown: 110x10, 130x10

DB curls: 3 sets(35x8)
BB curls: bar x 12

...thats because I deadlifted 315...for 5. I was psyched out of my mind when I was done with that. Form felt good too. Feels good to hit that mini-goal I had set for myself. My whole workout I was so amped after doing it that I got an insane workout. High intensity, really short breaks, just pulling some weight all over.

Also had to throw in tris with chest yesterday and bis with back today due to a vacation this weekend(Fri-Sun). Bi's felt pretty pumped so I just did a couple light sets at the end. Niiiiice. Weighed in @ 173.5 too. I'm really hoping to be a solid 175 by the time I hit my new mstak/shock therapy stack. That should be a nice little push to get up towards 180.

Aggression
12-16-08, 2:14 pm
Damn bro contrats on pulling that 315! Awesome weight man. Seems like you're putting on some good muscle. Hopefully we can squeeze in a workout during the upcoming holidays. Keep truckin' bro, everything looks great.

hardworkE
12-17-08, 10:05 pm
Legs:

10 min elliptical
Squat: 135x12, 185x10, 205x6 (puke)
Lying leg curl: 95x12, 110x10, 110x9
Leg Ext: 95x12, 95x10, 95x10
seated calf raises: 3 sets of 45ppx15

Intense workout. Went through it quick and threw up my subway sandwich after squats. Never puked before during a workout. I actually didn't feel too weak when I was done and finished up strong. Had a nice pump that turned into weak/trembling legs. Love that leg training. Get some shoulders up tomorrow. wow, time to rest up.

Aggression
12-18-08, 9:11 am
Sweet. Welcome to the club. My join date: 12.14.08. You're right on my heels bro. Keep up the intensity.

hardworkE
12-18-08, 4:36 pm
Haha thanks bro, I can do without the puking in the future though. Taste was not all that great.

Just got done finishing my week out with shoulders.

DB press: 3 sets 6-12(70x6)
side raises 3 sets 8-10(20x8)
rear delt raises: 3 sets 8-10(15x10)
smith machine shrugs
hs press(110/125 for 6-8)

Good pump on shoulders. Vacation time, heading to the mountains for some skiing and hot tubbing. Back on the grind Monday. Enjoy the weekend

Aggression
12-18-08, 4:45 pm
Have a good time bro. Make sure you get your meals in. Gotta put a stop to this ''lazy weekend bullshit'' haha. Stay consistent through the weekends and more growth can be expected!

LittleMan55
12-18-08, 4:51 pm
Stuff looks pretty solid in here! I'll be back around, just keep banging the weights.

hardworkE
12-22-08, 7:47 pm
It felt so good to get back in the gym today. After a great weekend, I was dying to get in for a nice pump. Hit chest and was amped up for it as well. Had a great pump, hitting the gym with high intensity has not been a problem since I started to get serious about this bulk. Also met a new personal trainer at the gym, seemed like a nice guy and was there for a spot when no one was around which was good.

Incline BB: 135x12, 155x9, 175x6
Flat BB: 135x12, 155x10, 185x6 into 135x10
Incline DB fly: 40x10, 40x10, 30x10(no break)
Flat DB fly: 40x10 into 30x10

Rope pressdown: warmup, 3 sets (70x10)
reverse grip tri press: 2 sets (80x10)
DB Tri ext: 2 sets (12x10)

My tris felt pretty blown up after this. I haven't done these two together and felt like I had a great tricep workout and my chest was completely pumped. It made me think about splitting up arms again and going on a 4 day split, rather than 5. I think I am going to give it a shot for a couple weeks and see what happens. Workout will look like this:

Monday: Chest/tris
Tuesday: Back/bis
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Off
Saturday: Shoulders
Sunday: Off

Still feeling it out. Just want to split up arms to try to help growth a little bit. I'll see how it works out.

Aggression
12-23-08, 9:31 am
Good stuff bro. Try it out and see what happens after a few weeks. Another way to go about it would be to hit biceps after chest, and do triceps after shoulders. That way you won't pre-exhaust your arms while doing a bigger body part. Just another way to go about it. Hope your weekend in the mountains went well. I'll be seeing you tomorrow night bro ...

hardworkE
12-23-08, 10:57 am
Good stuff bro. Try it out and see what happens after a few weeks. Another way to go about it would be to hit biceps after chest, and do triceps after shoulders. That way you won't pre-exhaust your arms while doing a bigger body part. Just another way to go about it. Hope your weekend in the mountains went well. I'll be seeing you tomorrow night bro ...

Let the feast begin tomorrow...

Aggression
12-23-08, 10:59 am
Let the feast begin tomorrow...

I cant wait dude. I cheated a bit this weekend on top of my 7 meals/day. But yesterday, today, and most of tomorrow I'm keeping my diet perfect. That way, when tomorrow night rolls around, I'm gonna let loose.

hardworkE
12-23-08, 2:32 pm
Got into the gym for a back workout today. My lats felt a little sore from yesterday, but I went anyway because of the holidays coming up. Big thing I wanted to do was prove that deadlifting 315 last week wasn't a fluke.

Lat pulldown: 4 sets 8-12reps(160x8)
Rack deads: 225x12, 275x6, 300x4 //225x7
T bar row: 3 sets (2 45ppx8)
Single arm db row: 2 sets(60x10)
Cable row: 2 sets

Seated DB curl
Hammer curls
Cable concentration curls

Felt good. Deadlifts were a little lighter than last week, but I lowered the pin to the lowest level(low shin) as opposed to under my knee(where I did 315 last week). I want to be able to lift 315 off the floor. My lats were feeling it, and when I killed my back with rows at the end I was feeling torched. I think i am actually going back tonight for a leg workout. With going home/going on vacation this upcoming weekend it would be tough to get all 4 days in. Cramming it into 3 days is better than missing a workout to me. I've been eating my ass off all day. Already had eggs/bacon/granola(7), tuna sandwich/pbj sandwich(10), post workout shake(12), massive bowl of pasta/chicken(1), yogurt and weight gain shake(2:30). Going to need all the energy.

Also, I watched the documentary 'Bigger, Stronger, Faster' last night. It was really good and I think people on this forvm would enjoy a lot of it.

Aggression
12-23-08, 2:36 pm
Also, I watched the documentary 'Bigger, Stronger, Faster' last night. It was really good and I think people on this forvm would enjoy a lot of it.

Definitely a good movie brother. It just goes to show you how ignorant people are when it comes to that type of stuff ....

LittleMan55
12-23-08, 4:35 pm
Great work out you had! Rack deads are a lot of fun!

Firedrake
12-23-08, 7:25 pm
I love rack deads, and I'm only now really learning to do them!

Good looking work, man!

hardworkE
12-23-08, 7:37 pm
Great work out you had! Rack deads are a lot of fun!

I've become semi-addicted to them. Started out doing them back home with a buddy and was moving 200lbs, just recently broke 300lb. Next stop is 400...

hardworkE
12-24-08, 12:49 pm
Shoulders/Leg

Seated side raises: 12x15, 15x10, 20x7
bent over raises: 3 sets of 8-10(20x8)
behind the head press(smith): 95x12, 135x10, 135x9
Shrugs: 3 sets of 12-15(85x12)

Leg press: warmup, 3 sets of 2 45pp x10
Leg Ext: 3 sets
Leg Curl 3 sets
Seated Calf raises 3 set

Skiing for 8 hours on Saturday will be another good cardio/leg workout. Happy holidays all.

hardworkE
12-29-08, 9:40 am
Great holiday and after a long rest its time to get back on with it. I ate often and as clean as I could over break. With skiing on Saturday, it was pretty much impossible to get in more than 3 meals, but it was worth it and I tried to make them all count. With the short week I am going to switch up my schedule due to new years and vacation.

Today: Chest(am), Back(pm)
Tuesday: Legs/tris
Wednesday: Shoulders/bis

Not a conventional setup, doing it out of necessity. Vacation from 1/1-1/5. It'll be nice to have some time off since I haven't take a week off in a while. After that it is going to be a solid 3-4 month bulk. Going to see where I am at that time.

Current weight: 173
Bulk goal: 183-185

pedraza
12-29-08, 9:44 am
i think u will be able to put alot more than 10lb or so of weight durring your bulk if your doing it for over 3 months. but good luck with your program ill be watching

Aggression
12-29-08, 12:14 pm
Just try to get those meals in during the vacation time bro. Use that time to house the foods and don't be afraid to cheat a bit for some extra mass. You can always clean up the diet once you get back and you'll lose the water-weight/bloat. Enjoy your trip bro. And when you get back, its all business ...

hardworkE
12-29-08, 1:53 pm
i think u will be able to put alot more than 10lb or so of weight durring your bulk if your doing it for over 3 months. but good luck with your program ill be watching

Yeah, I usually try to keep my diet pretty clean and thought this would be a good spot to shoot for. I don't want to bulk up to 190 then cut down to 180, I would rather just keep it clean/consistent and look for the scale to keep moving. If I hit 185 early, trust me I will keep moving forward.

Just try to get those meals in during the vacation time bro. Use that time to house the foods and don't be afraid to cheat a bit for some extra mass. You can always clean up the diet once you get back and you'll lose the water-weight/bloat. Enjoy your trip bro. And when you get back, its all business ...

Yeah, the cruise is all you can eat, so you better believe I'm going to be mowing down food. Feed up/rest the body then come back, get on track with training for 1-2 weeks then hit that mstak that I'm dying to tap into.

I just got back from my chest workout. I was pretty unimpressed with the weights I was putting up. I think it is due to a lack of sleep. After work I'm going home and passing out.

11:45 shock therapy
12:15 in the gym

Incline BB: warmup, 3 sets x 6-12
Flat BB: 3 sets x 6-12
Flat Fly: 2 sets of 10-12
Cable Cross: 2 sets of 8-12
HS decline press: 2 sets of 8-12

Chest got a pretty good pump even though weights were not as high as they usually are. Mid-upper right pec is lagging. Not popping like my left pec. Have to work on that. I don't think I am going to be able to hit another body part tonight. Will have to double up tomorrow. Grocery shopping and sleep after work.

Shock therapy review: Taste is pretty tough to stomach. I was feeling pretty flat before taking it, and in the gym I felt better so I'm looking forward to taking it more down the road. Still to early to tell. Thanks to bodybuilding santa for the the st/mstak. I'll be back and feel ready tomorrow for a big back day.

Firedrake
12-29-08, 4:40 pm
Some days you're impressed -- some days the bar winds up leaving an impression on you. We just hope it's not the trachea or forehead <grin>.

What, exactly, is Shock Therapy supposed to do? I haven't tried it yet?

hardworkE
12-30-08, 9:33 am
Some days you're impressed -- some days the bar winds up leaving an impression on you. We just hope it's not the trachea or forehead <grin>.

What, exactly, is Shock Therapy supposed to do? I haven't tried it yet?

Shock therapy is Universal's NO/PreWO supp. Yesterday was my first day on it, so I'm trying it again today to see what I think. The taste is not something that I would like to sip casually on, but from what I hear it, does the job. Today I'm in the gym for Back(am) and Legs(pm). Should be a good day

hardworkE
12-30-08, 12:23 pm
Shock therapy is the truth. You can't argue with results. Day 2 on the supp and I felt like I had endless energy throughout my workout.

Chins: 1 set x10
Rack deads: 135x12, 225x10, 315x6, 335x3(PR), 285x6
Bent over BB row: 135x8, 135x8, 95x10
DB row: 60x10, 70x10
T Bar Row: 45x12, 70x10, 90x9
V Bar pulldown: 90x12, 110x10, 120x7

Tri pushdown: 3 sets
Reverse tri ext: 3 sets
DB overhead ext: 3 sets

My entire back/arms were feeling blown up after this workout. I could've stayed in the gym and lifted for another hour even though this was about 1.5 hour workout...little longer than usual. Set that new record for rack deads. Had the pin at knee level(setting 2 as opposed to last week on 1, the lowest). Still felt good. If I had some straps I think I could get 350 up from that position...grip just wasn't strong enough, but my back was feeling pretty solid.

Weighed in at 173.5, wanted to get a weight before I go away on the cruise and feast on all you can eat buffets everyday. Hopefully I can keep it somewhat clean and pack in some calories. I'm getting pumped for this ST/M stak combo I'm going to do. I think that is going to be a deadly combo for putting on some mass. Hitting Legs later and shoulders tomorrow then a week long rest.

Aggression
12-30-08, 12:32 pm
Glad the Shock Therapy worked out for you bro. And 335? That's fucking impressive. Keep it up man. 180 will be an easy target. Shit, you might even hit that while being on the cruise with all that food. Congrats on the racks man. You seem to be progressing quite nicely.

hardworkE
12-30-08, 12:37 pm
Glad the Shock Therapy worked out for you bro. And 335? That's fucking impressive. Keep it up man. 180 will be an easy target. Shit, you might even hit that while being on the cruise with all that food. Congrats on the racks man. You seem to be progressing quite nicely.

Thanks bro, lately its been tough with xmas/nye etc. So I'm hoping to come back 175, clean up my diet in a week or 2, hit my stack and started upping my cals and getting as close to 180 by the time im done. Starting to do full leg workouts is definitely helping a ton.

Plan is to:
Bulk from now-April
Train for triathlon March-July
Cut as needed from April-July...gotta see what everything is looking like.

hardworkE
12-30-08, 12:57 pm
Eating a sweet potato/ground beef combo. It actually tastes pretty good mixed together. I think I found a new addition to the diet...

hardworkE
12-30-08, 1:42 pm
This may be my last post of 2008(also my 100th since being a member), so I wanted to assess where I am and where I want to be. Making goals for myself has been a huge motivation factor throughout my life. My first New Years Resolution was to lose some weight. I wanted to lose 50lbs, and go from 205 to 155 lbs. I ended up getting addicted to being in the gym and lost 70 pounds. After learning about bodybuilding/weight training, I decided to start gaining weight. The next year I wanted to weigh 155lbs. I had no knowledge of diet or training and learned along the way. My diet was way off target and my training wasn't where it should be either. Thanks to beginner gains, I still ended up putting about 5-10 lbs on in a year. It wasn't a great start, but it was a start.

As I get older/progress I like to set New Year Goals(I think that term fits better than 'Resolutions') for every facet of my life. Setting personal and professional goals helps me build up to where I want to be. It helps me look back and see where I was, where I am, and where I am going. It helps keep me motivated in a world that may sometimes become mundane. I was sitting on the bus the other night, thinking about how I would use this next year to improve.

Goals started in 2004 and my progress chart would look something like this:
Beginning of....
2004: 205lbs, out of shape
2005: 135lbs, no weight training
2006: 140lbs, same
2007: 145lbs, weight training starts...still learning. More solid/less fat than year before
2008: 160lbs, starting to get a better idea of diet/exercise/muscle building

2009: Right now I'm ~173. I want to be at least 188 lbs by 2010. Thats 15 pounds of solid muscle, not just mass. I have all the tools to do it and start making some great gains. I have become a student of bodybuilding/nutrition. This is all up to me, consistency is key. If I follow through, there is no doubt that I will reach my goal. If I don't, I fail. I really don't like failing/losing at anything.

Other fitness goals:
Do a triathlon(June 30)
Bench 240 (Current 200)
DL 400 (Current 335)
Squat 300 (Current 205)

Combines: 940 (Current 740)

Just a little post to end 2008. Progress and Consistency are the words of 2009. Happy New Year.

Aggression
12-30-08, 2:07 pm
Damn bro, we've known each other since we were what, 6? Who would have thought that we would still be as close as we are, and have similar interests? Its crazy man. You've come a long way since you were 205. I see nothing stopping you from getting up to 188. With all that you learn in the next year, you might surprise yourself with more muscle mass that 15lbs. You know I'll always be on your ass, trying to motivate you. If I've been around for 16 years already, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be here for another 16. Have a great vacation brother. I'll see you soon.

P.S. - You don't fail often, but you DID fail at the summer-long basketball game.

hardworkE
12-30-08, 7:21 pm
P.S. - You don't fail often, but you DID fail at the summer-long basketball game.

Damn, never gonna live that game down...

LEGS

Squat: 135x15, 185x8, 205x5
Leg ext: 3 sets 10(110x10)
Leg Curl: 3 sets 8-12(95x8)
Seated Calves: 3 sets
Standing Calf raises: 3 sets

Hit my 2nd PR of the day. 335 deadlift and 205 squat. Nice. Shoulders tomorrow then a week long break. Tomorrow I'm not expecting great numbers after going 3 long days straight, but I am hoping to get a nice pump.

hardworkE
01-06-09, 9:15 am
Back from new years/vacation and its time to get back to business. The time off was great, I ate a ton(tried to as clean as possible), drank a good amount on my vacation and had a great time. Now its time to get back to strict form with my diet/training. I actually feel like my body grew a little over the break. I was packing in some serious calories on the cruise, unlimited buffets and dinners. Ate a lot of steak, fish, chicken, etc. Kept the protein intake high and tried to go easy on the junk. I think my body responding well to the time off since I usually don't take weeks off too often.

Now its time to get back into my routine. I'm looking forward to using this week to clean up my diet, get rid of all the excess water weight/bloat that I may have put on and gear up towards when I use my new can of mstak. Hoping to be at 175 when I start my can, had really good results the first time I used it(about a year ago) so I can't wait to see what it does this time around with a cleaner diet. My split from here on out will be: M-Back, T- Chest, W-off, Th-Legs, F-Arms, Sat-Shoulders, off-Sunday. Can't wait to get started today

Aggression
01-06-09, 9:27 am
Glad to have you back man. The cruise looked like a good time. Time to put that behind you and get the shit rollin'. Let's get it done. I shot you a text yesterday concerning this weekend. You coming up?

hardworkE
01-06-09, 9:42 am
Glad to have you back man. The cruise looked like a good time. Time to put that behind you and get the shit rollin'. Let's get it done. I shot you a text yesterday concerning this weekend. You coming up?

Would've liked to head back, but I already had stuff going on here when I found out about it. Wish I could though. I'll definitely be back around your parts during this bulk to throw around some weights/food with you

Aggression
01-06-09, 9:45 am
Perfect

hardworkE
01-06-09, 5:07 pm
Throwing down my shock therapy right now, I am so amped to rage in the gym. I hope for some solid lifts tonight, I feel a big pump coming. More info to come...

pedraza
01-06-09, 6:00 pm
crush that gym!

hardworkE
01-06-09, 7:42 pm
So nice to be back in the gym. I definitely had some aggression built up that I had to let loose somewhere. Let loose on my back and the shock therapy definitely is an amazing product. I feel like my energy never diminishes the entire workout, great supp.

Lat Pulldown: warmup, 4 setsx 9-12(160x9)
Rack deads: 135x12, 225x10, 295x7, 315x5 into 225x8
T bar row: 45x12, 70x10, 90x10//45x7
one arm DB: 55x12, 60x10, 70x8
Seated one arm row: 2 sets x50
Standing one arm row: 2 sets x 60
CG pulldown: 3 sets x 10-12

Felt a massive pump all over. My grip wasn't feeling that strong on the deads, I think I could get 350 up with straps, but hopefully this makes them a lot stronger. I just felt awesome in the gym though, one good session puts me in a better mood than anything else in the world.

Stepped on the scaled and weighed in at 177. This is the highest I've ever been since I lost weight, I'm sure some is water/bloat that I'll get rid of this week as I clean my diet up, but I did eat pretty clean on my week off. I don't really feel like I look any softer than before, bodyfat is prob within 1-2% of what it was...maybe the same even. Definitely looking fuller, time off was a good idea. I am pumped to get into the gym tomorrow for Chest or Legs. I'm gonna see how I'm feeling when I get in there. I think I want to do back, legs, off, chest, arms, off, shoulders. This makes the most sense to me...any thoughts?

Also I'm feeling good about the 177, I should definitely be a solid 175 next week when I start my mstak. I am really hoping to get up/over 180 on my stack...this mstak/shockT mix is gonna be solid. Time to eat.

hardworkE
01-07-09, 9:32 am
Still feeling good after yesterdays workout, muscle soreness hasn't really hit too bad yet. Decided today will be legs and also sundays are going to be an off day because of football/basketball league im in.

Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Off
Friday: Chest
Saturday: Arms
Monday: Shoulders

Week will start on Tuesdays. Weekly weigh ins will be after chest day on Friday. Time to grow

hardworkE
01-07-09, 4:07 pm
Back workouts have been coming along nicely. Before I was as knowledgeable as I am today, I would never get sore after shoulder/back workouts. Now I'm completely focused when I go in the gym and the results are coming quicker than before. My back is wrecked right now, sore in the lats/middle/lower back. Love this feeling

Aggression
01-07-09, 4:16 pm
Lat Pulldown: warmup, 4 setsx 9-12(160x9)
Rack deads: 135x12, 225x10, 295x7, 315x5 into 225x8
T bar row: 45x12, 70x10, 90x10//45x7
one arm DB: 55x12, 60x10, 70x8
Seated one arm row: 2 sets x50
Standing one arm row: 2 sets x 60
CG pulldown: 3 sets x 10-12

Solid attack on the back bro. Awesome job with the 315. Get yourself some straps so you can pull more weight. On the other hand, that's an impressive weight to rep out free of straps

Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Off
Friday: Chest
Saturday: Arms
Monday: Shoulders

Looks like a good split. The only thing I'd switch would be Back and shoulders. To me, I'd rather hit the larger bodypart first in back to back workouts. See how it works out for a few weeks. Also, I'm glad you like the shock therapy. That shit just works, hands down.

hardworkE
01-07-09, 5:18 pm
Legs:

10 min elliptical
Squat: 135x12, 185x10, 205x6
Lying leg curl: 95x12, 110x10, 110x9
Leg Ext: 95x12, 95x10, 95x10
seated calf raises: 3 sets of 45ppx15

Leg workout coming up, wanted to bring that back to the forefront so I can assess my workout tonight against my last leg workout. I am feeling a lot of sets tonight...

LittleMan55
01-07-09, 5:28 pm
Solid looking back work! New split looks like a winner too. Get your grow on!

pedraza
01-07-09, 7:12 pm
nice back workout

hardworkE
01-08-09, 9:25 am
Solid looking back work! New split looks like a winner too. Get your grow on!

Thanks, I'm hoping that the gains/PR's keep coming

nice back workout

Definitely still feeling sore today, 2 days later.

Yesterday I hit legs with high intensity. What that got me was a crazy pump I've never really felt before in my legs. At one point my quads felt like they were filling up like balloons. My endurance is pretty low when it comes to legs though, after squats I felt like I could've called it a day and had a great workout...of course I didn't do that.

10 minute on treadmill warmup
Squats: 135x12, 185x10, 205x6, 205x6//135x10
Leg Press: 180x10, 230x8, 180x10
Leg extension: 95x10, 80x20, 110x8 // 95x6 //65x6
Lying leg curl: 80x12, 95x10, 110x6//80x4
Standing calf raises: 3 sets x 10-15
Seated calf raises: 3 sets x 10-15

Aggression
01-08-09, 11:01 am
Solid leg workout bro. Glad to see your getting your legs pumped up. That ST must be doing the job. Keep it up. You have to battle back from doing that marathon. Keep doing what your doing bro. I think you're going to need to change that Summer '09 goal and set it to a higher weight. Once the M-stak is finished, you'll be well past that.

hardworkE
01-08-09, 12:21 pm
Solid leg workout bro. Glad to see your getting your legs pumped up. That ST must be doing the job. Keep it up. You have to battle back from doing that marathon. Keep doing what your doing bro. I think you're going to need to change that Summer '09 goal and set it to a higher weight. Once the M-stak is finished, you'll be well past that.

Hope so, I'm alright with exceeding expectations...tomorrow I'm going to weigh in so we'll see how that works out.

hardworkE
01-08-09, 1:56 pm
Off days are the worst days of the week. I hate not being able to look forward to the gym and thinking about what I will be working/improving upon. When I have a big session ahead of me, it feels like it did during the old days when it was game day. Even just little league games I would get juiced up for. All there is to do on off days is rest and eat up. I know my body needs it to progress, but I'm dying to get in the gym and tear it down. I keep just thinking about chest day tomorrow, what exercises I want to do, what weight I want to throw up, etc.

Guess I'll just have to rest up for tomorrow and prepare for a big workout.

Aggression
01-08-09, 2:08 pm
Off days are the worst days of the week. I hate not being able to look forward to the gym and thinking about what I will be working/improving upon. When I have a big session ahead of me, it feels like it did during the old days when it was game day. Even just little league games I would get juiced up for. All there is to do on off days is rest and eat up. I know my body needs it to progress, but I'm dying to get in the gym and tear it down. I keep just thinking about chest day tomorrow, what exercises I want to do, what weight I want to throw up, etc.

I went through this same thing last night brother. I came home from work and had nothing to look forward to. I'm so pumped about hitting shoulders tonight. Me and my partner have had trouble getting a shoulder workout in together with the holidays during the past 2 weeks. Tonight we're going to kill it. Rest up, get big, and dream of bigger weights tomorrow.

Firedrake
01-08-09, 9:43 pm

I understand -- for me, who works out in the morning, the days I don't seem sluggish and slow. I run into the thoughts of the next workout as soon as I'm done with one.

hardworkE
01-09-09, 3:58 pm
Time to get back to the gym, im psyched. Chest day on a friday...no one will be in the gym and if they are they definitely won't be doing chest(not many young kids trying to pump up before the weekend). Looking forward to it. I've been doing a lot of barbell lately so I'm switching it up and going with DB.

Incline DB
Incline Fly
Flat DB
Guillotine Press
Decline bench
Cable cross/pec dec

Also, any thoughts of doing shoulders tomorrow...should I give them a rest because of chest day? I'm thinking yes. I feel like shoulders get worked during chest/back day so its hard to separate all of them...

Aggression
01-09-09, 4:05 pm
Guillotine press will smoke your chest.

I'd say hit shoulders, but don't start with a press. Hit the sides, rears, and even an iso for front before you finish off the workout with a press. That way you can nail all the essential parts of the shoulder successfully. Plus, with saving presses for last, you can get a real good final pump to them.

hardworkE
01-09-09, 4:12 pm
Guillotine press will smoke your chest.

I'd say hit shoulders, but don't start with a press. Hit the sides, rears, and even an iso for front before you finish off the workout with a press. That way you can nail all the essential parts of the shoulder successfully. Plus, with saving presses for last, you can get a real good final pump to them.

Sounds good, I'll be checking that ego at the door when I'm putting up 40s for shoulder press...luckily no one goes to this gym on the weekends haha

Aggression
01-09-09, 4:13 pm
Sounds good, I'll be checking that ego at the door when I'm putting up 40s for shoulder press...luckily no one goes to this gym on the weekends haha

HaHa its cool bro. Last night I did HS presses and then BB presses. I was only doing 135/155 for reps when I can do 185 fresh. Its all about the pump and getting a good feel bro. But damn, 40s? C'mon bro, step your game up. HaHa I'm just playing.

hardworkE
01-09-09, 4:17 pm
HaHa its cool bro. Last night I did HS presses and then BB presses. I was only doing 135/155 for reps when I can do 185 fresh. Its all about the pump and getting a good feel bro. But damn, 40s? C'mon bro, step your game up. HaHa I'm just playing.

We'll see, all I know is next time we lift together I'm getting 75s up easy, if not 80s

Aggression
01-09-09, 4:19 pm
We'll see, all I know is next time we lift together I'm getting 75s up easy, if not 80s

I can't wait for that day bro. I love getting in a solid workout with you. Maybe one day I'll come down to Philly and we can blast arms on a Saturday, then go out for some good heavy food.

hardworkE
01-09-09, 4:27 pm
I can't wait for that day bro. I love getting in a solid workout with you. Maybe one day I'll come down to Philly and we can blast arms on a Saturday, then go out for some good heavy food.

anytime bro, always welcome around these parts

hardworkE
01-09-09, 8:32 pm
Great chest day...I felt blown up in there

Incline db: warmup, 65x12,75x9, 85x5, 70x6
Incline fly: 35x12, 40x10, 45x10
Flat db: 60x10. 70x10, 80x6
Guillotine press(sm): 95x10, 135x10, 155x8
Decline bb: 135x10, 135x7
Pec dec: 2 sets(120x9)

Great chest workout...PR w 85s on incline. Chest was feeling large. Weighed in @ 177. Been consistently there. Not sure when I'm gonna start mstak. Wanted to wait until I hit a plateau, so I think I'll stick w what I'm doing until Jan 20. Give myself another week without it. I'm breaking 180 by thetime I'm done w that...that blows my mind. I feel like I've been putting weight on fast. Started at 167 two months ago and feel like my bf % has maybe changed 1-2% if that. Not sure what's going on. New diet must be doing it's job, but it still feels like I'm gaining too fast. 8-10 lbs in 2 months??? I don't know and I'm not complaining.

Firedrake
01-09-09, 10:55 pm
As long is it's clean muscle mass, don't complain -- just try to analyze what you're doing and keep it up!

pedraza
01-10-09, 10:10 am
great looking chest day there, keep up the hard work

hardworkE
01-10-09, 9:57 pm
shoulders

Side lat raises: 3 sets(20x8)
Bent over db raises: 3 sets(15x10)
Smith machine military press: 3 sets(165x7)
Smith machine shrugs: 3 sets( 185x12)
Db shrugs: 3 sets(90x10)
2 hs press to failure

pedraza
01-11-09, 1:57 pm
great job on those shoulders

hardworkE
01-13-09, 9:22 am
Pretty shitty past couple of days as far as lifting goes. Sunday morning I had my company bball game and only 5 people showed up(2 prob havent ran in about 4 years) so I mustve ran a marathon throughout the game. Played pretty well and it was definitely a good time to play some competitive indoor basketball. Came home to watch the giants play pretty bad and lose to the eagles, and threw down a bunch of hot wings. I don't know if I ate too many, or the quality was poor(nice greasy south philly food) but I felt like shit the rest of the day. I couldnt eat anything else for the rest of the night and was throwing up early monday into the afternoon. Anytime I ate something yesterday I would throw it right back up. My caloric intake was 0, unless I absorbed something from my 'attempts.' It was disappointing. I slept a ton though and feel a lot better today, already trying to make up for all those lost meals. Also, I think I tweaked my left shoulder a little bit during my training session. Disappointing because I just thought I overcame the last time it felt like this. I don't know whats going on with it, but if it continues I think I might head to a doctor and have it looked at. All thats behind me and its time to start moving back in the right direction. Arms today.

Aggression
01-13-09, 9:37 am
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Best thing to do is just pound the food today, and I wouldn't be afraid to throw down some solid cheat foods to make up for the lack of calories yesterday. Hope all ends up well brother.

hardworkE
01-14-09, 9:20 am
Felt so much better yesterday, in the gym I didn't weigh myself and felt like I didn't lose too much strength due to the past couple days

Arms

BB curl: 4 sets x 9-12(85x9)
DB Hammer: 3 sets x 8-10
Incline db curl: 2 sets x 10
EZ bar curl: 3 sets x 8-11

Tri pressdown: 4 sets x 7-15 - tris felt smoked after this for some reason, really heavy contractions
Smith CG press: 3 sets x 8-11(165x8)
Dips: 2 sets of 12
Pull ups: 2 sets of 8
One arm cable pulldown: 2 sets of 10

Forearm superset: 2x15 behind the back wrist curls
2x15 BB wrist curls

My triceps felt swollen after the first set for some reason, never had that happen before. I feel like my arm workouts are not going that well, so I am going to throw triceps in with shoulder day starting next week and biceps in with chest. Chest in the gym today. Also I forgot my sneakers yesterday and didnt have enough time to run back home and get back to the gym before they close so I was that guy working out in dress shoes and nike shorts...oh well you gotta do what you gotta do.

Aggression
01-14-09, 9:30 am
I like the exercise choices for arms. Question: Why did you throw in pullups in your tricep workout?

I have the same issue with triceps, although its not really an issue. I do my first 1-2 sets of pushdowns and they're blown up.

And I laughed out loud with the dress shoes and nike shorts. I can picture you hitting some barbell curls in some 'gaters haha. Glad to hear you're feeling better bro.

LittleMan55
01-14-09, 10:49 am
Great arm work out. I like Aggression like the exercise choices. Dress shoes and nike shorts lol, getting the job done is whats up though!

C.Coronato
01-14-09, 11:40 am
Hey my man, can i ask how do u like doing only 2 sets of your certain exercizes? Are you feeling it more? or was that advice from someone?

hardworkE
01-14-09, 1:03 pm
I like the exercise choices for arms. Question: Why did you throw in pullups in your tricep workout?

I have the same issue with triceps, although its not really an issue. I do my first 1-2 sets of pushdowns and they're blown up.

And I laughed out loud with the dress shoes and nike shorts. I can picture you hitting some barbell curls in some 'gaters haha. Glad to hear you're feeling better bro.

I sometimes superset dips and pullups just to get the intensity up. I think it helps isolate the muscle a little better IMO since you're using both like that.

Great arm work out. I like Aggression like the exercise choices. Dress shoes and nike shorts lol, getting the job done is whats up though!

Definitely have a nice soreness in my bi's which is good, it usually feels pumped in the gym but doesnt always get sore like this.

Hey my man, can i ask how do u like doing only 2 sets of your certain exercizes? Are you feeling it more? or was that advice from someone?

Just trying to shoot for anywhere from 9-12 sets for bi's then the same for bi's. Usually just go by how pumped each is feeling.

Have a big back day in store for today. Going to skip rack deads since I hit them the past couple weeks in a row. Also stealing some of aggressions moves for today:

Chins
BB rows
Lat Pulldown

feel out the rest when I get in there....

C.Coronato
01-14-09, 1:50 pm
ahh ok i see .. well im glad to be here and see how your journey unfolds then fellow brother. and i too will also be taking some of aggressions workouts. Let me know how they workout for ya fella.

pedraza
01-14-09, 2:44 pm
nice arm day bro

hardworkE
01-14-09, 9:00 pm
Back

I don't know if it was reading around the forvm before my workout, or the shock therapy really kicking in, but when I got in the gym today I just put my music on and went to work. I can't remember exactly what happened because I was jumping around trying to keep the intensity high.

Chins: 10, 10, 8, 7. Was going for 50, but it wasn't there. My bis were still sore from yesterdays workout. I will get to 50, in 4-5 sets. Actually I will do it in a months time.
Bent over BB row: 3 sets x 8-12(115x8)
One arm DB row: 70x12, 75x8, 75x8//50xfailure
T bar row: 70x8, 70x8, 45x13
Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 15 w/25lb weight

weighted/non weighted ab circuit with
Rope crunches
incline situps

Workout felt awesome and my back felt smoked. The chins/db rows really gave me a good pump in my lats/middle of my back. Disappointed about not hitting 50, I know I can hit it with fresh arms. Shoulder is still pretty sore. Gonna ice it tonight with a frozen bag of broccoli, see how it feels tomorrow. Pumped for leg day tomorrow. Also picked up a complete EFA to take in the mornings. Weighed in at 175, been there consistently. That mstak is calling my name on my shelf so I am going to start that next week. Legs tomorrow, chest friday, off sat-monday, then starting Tuesday. Mstak should go from 1/20-2/10. Looking forward to it.

Aggression
01-14-09, 10:59 pm
That mstak is calling my name on my shelf so I am going to start that next week. Legs tomorrow, chest friday, off sat-monday, then starting Tuesday. Mstak should go from 1/20-2/10. Looking forward to it.

let the growth begin ...

C.Coronato
01-15-09, 12:43 pm
I started M-Stak yesterday with storm/shock therapy stack. WOAHHHH boy. Your gonna love it my man. Stick to gettin those 50s. Youll get there.

hardworkE
01-15-09, 9:47 pm
LEGS

Squat: warmup, 135x15, 185x8, 225x6, 185x8//135x10
Leg curl: 95x12, 110x7, 125x4//95xfail
Leg ext: 95x15, 110x10, 115x8
Leg press: 3 sets(115ps x 9)
Seated calf: 3 sets x15-18
Leg press calf raise: 3 sets x 12-15

3 supersets of shrugs normal then behind the back

Felt good about hitting 225 for squats...making good progress since the race

hardworkE
01-16-09, 9:27 am
Yesterday was the second day this week they had the guys use the womens locker room and the women use the mens(the womens is definitely nicer). But I hopped on the scale just to see and it was the second time in a row. I weighed in at 168 on the scale in the womens locker room on Monday and Thursday, and 175 in the mens locker room on Tuesday and Wednesday. Now I'm not sure how much I actually weigh, doesn't really matter as long as I keep using the same one and its consistent. I think I might invest in a scale for my house, use that to keep track. Also I found a picture from last year. After I run mstak I might take a new one and throw both up. See what kind of progress was made. I think when the picture was taken I was about 155-160. Definitely saw a pretty good difference.

Also my shoulder is still pretty sore and I have chest in the gym today. Any tips on not straining it worse than it is? Should I go light weight/high reps, or db/bb? Not sure what would help it out. Iced it last night so its feeling a little better but still definitely sore.

hardworkE
01-16-09, 9:37 am
DIET

I want to make sure my diet is down pat for when I go on my stak next week. I am going to put everything I have in these 3 weeks. Right now this is my current diet.

8am: 3 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, 2 veggie sausage links(3g fat, 10g protein), multi-V, EFA
11am: 8 oz ground beef, cup of brown rice/sweet potato
3pm: Same as above
515pm: Mstak
530pm: shock therapy
545-7: Gym
7: PWO shake(24g protein, 60g simple carbs, 5g creatine)
8: 8 oz. meat/fish with broccoli
10: Protein shake(about 600 cal, 51g protein, 33g fat, 25g carbs)

This is what I have been eating pretty much since starting this log. I think I might need to throw one more meal in before my workout. I was thinking at 2pm then moving the 3pm meal to 4. Usually I'm not really hungry at all, so I think I would need something smaller than my meat meals. Any ideas? Input/critique?

Aggression
01-16-09, 9:48 am
8am: 3 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, 2 veggie sausage links(3g fat, 10g protein), multi-V, EFA
11am: 8 oz ground beef, cup of brown rice/sweet potato
3pm: Same as above
515pm: Mstak
530pm: shock therapy
545-7: Gym
7: PWO shake(24g protein, 60g simple carbs, 5g creatine)
8: 8 oz. meat/fish with broccoli
10: Protein shake(about 600 cal, 51g protein, 33g fat, 25g carbs)

Yeah bro, I would try to throw something in there between 3pm and training. Maybe move the 3pm meal up to 2pm, and then eat another meal/snak at 4:45?

As for chest tonight, I'd suggest warming up with some cables flyes or machine flyes first. Do 3-4 sets of those for a pre-exhaust. That way, you won't have to go as heavy with the presses, thus not putting too much stress on the shoulder. As for the presses, feel it out. you can test out the db's/bb's, or use some hammer strengths, if your gym has them ...

C.Coronato
01-16-09, 10:14 am
Agreed with aggression on both aspects. I try to eat every 2 hours. That has worked for me. Im not sure about your time constraints and what not. Let us know how that shoulder is feelin tonight!

hardworkE
01-16-09, 1:08 pm
Shoulder definitely didn't feel 100%, but I pushed through it and got a good pump in. Definitely will be nice to rest the shoulder until Tuesday.

Incline Chest SM: 135x12, 165x10, 185x9, 205x6 // 135x8
Incline chest fly: 35x12, 45x10, 45x10
superset
Pec Dec: 95x10, 110x10, 110x10
Flat chest SM: 3 sets (185x8)
Guillotine press:3 sets(135x8)
Cable cross: 3 sets x 10-14

STRETCH

Aggression
01-16-09, 1:13 pm
Shoulder definitely didn't feel 100%, but I pushed through it and got a good pump in. Definitely will be nice to rest the shoulder until Tuesday.

Incline Chest SM: 135x12, 165x10, 185x9, 205x6 // 135x8
Incline chest fly: 35x12, 45x10, 45x10
superset
Pec Dec: 95x10, 110x10, 110x10
Flat chest SM: 3 sets (185x8)
Guillotine press:3 sets(135x8)
Cable cross: 3 sets x 10-14

STRETCH

Sweet guillotine press. I didn't do those this week. Rest that shoulder up bro. Ice that bitch down when you get home.

C.Coronato
01-16-09, 1:36 pm
looking good man. Solid incline press even with the shoulder, nice.

Firedrake
01-16-09, 3:39 pm
Solid work, shoulder problem or no -- you've got a good, consistent pattern going! Keep it up!

hardworkE
01-20-09, 9:52 am
Sweet guillotine press. I didn't do those this week. Rest that shoulder up bro. Ice that bitch down when you get home.

looking good man. Solid incline press even with the shoulder, nice.

Solid work, shoulder problem or no -- you've got a good, consistent pattern going! Keep it up!

Thanks guys, luckily today the shoulder is feeling pretty good. I have shoulders tonight after work so I hope it all holds up...definitely will stretch it out good.

Today is also Day 1 of Project Mstak, I'm pretty excited.

hardworkE
01-20-09, 2:12 pm
Trying to get my diet to become so routine its like brushing my teeth. Mstak diet

Meal 1: 3 whole jumbo eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 2 veggie turkey sausage, multi/EFA
Meal 2: 8 oz ground beef/sweet potato, pasta or brown rice(will be subbed with tuna/chicken every once in a while)
Meal 3: same as meal 2
Meal 4: 2 nat pb/j sandwiches on whole grain flax bread
Shock Therapy(530) and Mstak(515)
Lift
PWO Shake(25g protein, 60g dextrose, 5g creatine)
Meal 5: Meat/broccoli
Meal 6: Shake

I am counting down until I get into the gym and tear it apart...

Aggression
01-20-09, 2:18 pm
Looks like a real solid diet bro. Major gains are on the way if you stick to that diet. M-stak can't hurt either haha. Tear it up tonight man.

C.Coronato
01-20-09, 3:50 pm
seems pretty close to my diet. I personally love it. Looks good man, looking forward to seeing what the upcoming months will bring.

hardworkE
01-20-09, 4:01 pm
seems pretty close to my diet. I personally love it. Looks good man, looking forward to seeing what the upcoming months will bring.

Same here. I saw the pb and j meal on your journey and a few others so I decided to steal it. I love them...

pedraza
01-20-09, 4:19 pm
your diet looks really good

hardworkE
01-21-09, 9:41 am
There was almost something patriotic and symbolic about taking my red, white and blue mstak pills yesterday. Day 1 of my new stack, and it was glorious.

Shoulders/Tris

DB press: warmup, 3 sets of 7-14(70x7)
Side laterals: 3 sets(20x8)
superset
Rear delt raises(15x10)
BTN Smith press: 3 sets(135x8)
DB shrugs: down the rack starting at 80s - went down 10lb when I couldnt get anymore to 40s.
BB shrugs: 3 sets 135x15

Tri pressdown: 3 sets(110x8)
Single arm overhead ext: 2 sets (20x10)
superset
Skull crushers: 2 sets(45x10)
One arm cable pressdown: 3 sets
Dips: 3 sets bw x 12

Yesterday was the first day of mstak/shock therapy stack and all I can say is wow. I felt great in the gym. I had a ton of energy, bouncing from one exercise to the next and my fatigue level was almost non existent. I also felt more aggressive in the gym than I usually am, I was getting amped for every lift. I am so excited about this, as long as my diet stays like it has been, these are going to be a fun next couple of weeks. Diet yesterday felt good, I upped the amount of protein in my meat meals so I'm not as hungry afterwards. I like where this is going, feel like I'm looking a lot fuller. Back tonight, oh yeah. One of my favorites, actually I think theyre all my favorites...

Aggression
01-21-09, 9:44 am
Solid work bro. You definitely crushed the delts. How do you like hitting delts/triceps together?

Are you taking the stim pill in M-stak with Shock Therapy? How's that feel?

C.Coronato
01-21-09, 9:45 am
Looking very good hardworkE ! That first stack together is such a great feeling. Even a week later, still into it, i feel that way everyday. You feel so alive just to be hitting the weight heavy. Thats awesome brotha.

hardworkE
01-21-09, 11:27 am
Solid work bro. You definitely crushed the delts. How do you like hitting delts/triceps together?

Are you taking the stim pill in M-stak with Shock Therapy? How's that feel?

Hitting both together took longer and I was in the gym for a good hour and a half working my ass off, but I like it. I had a great pump in my tris, more than usual. I think I'm going to stick with this for a while and have a 4 day on/2 rest days program going.

As for taking the stim and ST...I was nervous about it at first because usually I'm juiced up with just the ST, but man this was insane. During db press I thought I was going to send the 70s through the roof. Only problem was it lasted until about 1130 last night so it was 1230 by the time I was able to fall asleep. It felt great though and I will be doing it again tonight.

Looking very good hardworkE ! That first stack together is such a great feeling. Even a week later, still into it, i feel that way everyday. You feel so alive just to be hitting the weight heavy. Thats awesome brotha.

Yeah, the feeling is intense. I love it. I can't wait to do it all over again tonight.

C.Coronato
01-21-09, 12:19 pm
nce man, always good to be amped for the workouts .. so did u take the red stim pill and the ST? I did it for a few days, then i started taking the stim out, and doing 2 scoops of ST and 1.5 scoops of Storm. That my friend is a rush.

Aggression
01-21-09, 12:22 pm
nce man, always good to be amped for the workouts .. so did u take the red stim pill and the ST? I did it for a few days, then i started taking the stim out, and doing 2 scoops of ST and 1.5 scoops of Storm. That my friend is a rush.

Damn bro, 2 scoops of ST? Ok, Ok. I'm afraid of what that must feel like.

I see you train late at night. Any problems getting to sleep when using 2 scoops of ST at 9pm?

Yeah .. I'll hijack your thread for a minute E ... do something ... haha.

LittleMan55
01-21-09, 12:25 pm
Great looking delt day! I have done the M-Stak ST combo before. Produces very good results. Looking to see the improvements over the next few weeks.

hardworkE
01-21-09, 12:38 pm

I see you train late at night. Any problems getting to sleep when using 2 scoops of ST at 9pm?

I take it at about 5-530 and I was wired until about 1130-12. I'd be up for days on that.

ps - 5 hours until back. i have been waiting to get revenge on that 50rep set of chins

C.Coronato
01-21-09, 1:21 pm

ya sometimes i need that extra kick. And last night was full force into my face. haha. and nah. i still pass out right after i make my food, granted its at midnight and ive been up and going since 630am. ha .. sorry hardworkE .. And as for you, i wouldnt suggest taking 2 scoops if you have been that wired on one haha

Aggression
01-21-09, 1:26 pm
ya sometimes i need that extra kick. And last night was full force into my face. haha. and nah. i still pass out right after i make my food, granted its at midnight and ive been up and going since 630am.

I hear ya man. I usually take 1 scoop at or around 7:30. I'm in bed and sleeping by 11:30pm, with no problems.

hardworkE
01-21-09, 5:07 pm
Two gulps and the pills are digesting in my stomach.
Follow it up with a nice grape rush of shock therapy and it is time to goto the gym.
I am going to do some damage in this gym.

YUNG THOR
01-22-09, 8:53 am
Just wanted to throw in a basic diet I try to follow. I'm not into counting macronutrients, I just try to aim for high calorie, high protein, medium carbs, good amount of healthy fats. If I'm not growing, I eat more and if I see too much fat piling on I cut back.

Meal 1:
2-3 whole eggs
2 Turkey sausage(or other lean protein)
1 cup of Natural Granola
2 tbsp Natural PB

Meal 2(Pre WO):
Protein bar/shake

Meal 3(PostWO):
Creatine/Protein Shake followed by
Stir-fry/Subway/Qdoba burrito

Meal 4:
1 cup brown rice(sometimes WW pasta)
8 oz. Chicken/Beef
Veggies/spinach salad

Meal 5:
Turkey Burger
Veggies
Almonds/PB

Meal 6:
Shake before bed

Supplements:
I have taken many Animal supps including Pak, Pump, Torrent, and M-Stak. Like them all, but right now I am just taking a Whey, multi, and creatine. I'm looking for a good pre-bed Protein shake/powder...any suggestions? One that will work for Meal 2 as well as a before bed would be ideal.

If you have any comments about my diet, definitely let me know. I'm always up to hear what people are thinking.

The best pre bed supp you could use in my opinion is real gains... or great gains...

hardworkE
01-22-09, 9:31 am
Pullups - 12, 10, 9, 7, 6, 6. 50 total. Now just cut down the number of sets
Rack deads - 4 sets of 8-12(275x8//225x6//135x10 drop set at the end...felt real good after that)
DB rows - 3 sets of 4-12(85x4//50x12)
CG pulldown - 3 sets of 10-12
Seated rows - 3 sets of 10
Hypers - 3 sets of 15
T bar - 2 sets of 45

ABS
incline situp, weighted rope crunch, seated crunch machine, oblique circuit.

Really felt this workout in my lower/mid back. My lats felt done after the pullups. Weight was still at 175. Mirror doesnt show the same thing I first saw when I hit 175, so thats progress. Today I have legs. Anyone know anything about squatting without shoes vs. with shoes. I was talking to a guy at my gym about it last week. Biggest guy that goes to our gym, seems like he knows his shit and he likes BS'ing with me. Any comments on that, I was thinking about trying it without shoes today...

Aggression
01-22-09, 9:41 am
Solid back workout man. 6 sets of pullups ain't bad at all man. Keep doing them every week. Pullups are the type of exercise that you'll get better and better at if you keep doing them, even if its just a few less reps needed on the last set.

I never really went that deep into thinking about squatting with or w/out shoes. Flat sole shoes are better than arched shoes, but I use my old high school varsity b-ball shoes when I lift, and my quads are growing.

Pre bed shake? I'd go with some whey and peanut butter (to help slow digestion). You can also use that shake mid-day, maybe with some oats ground up in it. A weight gainer might be a good choice, being that you're on M-stak and your hunger is going to be through the roof.

hardworkE
01-22-09, 9:45 am
Pre bed shake? I'd go with some whey and peanut butter (to help slow digestion). You can also use that shake mid-day, maybe with some oats ground up in it. A weight gainer might be a good choice, being that you're on M-stak and your hunger is going to be through the roof.

Yea I've been going with a banana protein mix/throwing in some pb and blending it up w/ milk. Its so good. I figure it to be about 600-700 calories with the milk, powder, pb and fruit/whatever else I throw in there. When I wake up in the morning I am so hungry though. My last meals look like

7: PWO shake
8: 2 cans of tuna or chicken and broccoli
1030: shake
sleeping by 1130

When I wake up at 730 I feel like I'm ready to put down 2000 calories...maybe bc I take mstak semi-late(515-530)?

C.Coronato
01-22-09, 9:49 am
back workout looking good .. and arnold use to squat without shoes, so thats gotta account for something. also i personally do the whole whey, banana, milk, PB at night. And i too wake up starving. Also i do take the M-Stak late as well, sometimes its not until 9 at night. either way just keep crushing my man.

Aggression
01-22-09, 10:27 am
Yea I've been going with a banana protein mix/throwing in some pb and blending it up w/ milk. Its so good. I figure it to be about 600-700 calories with the milk, powder, pb and fruit/whatever else I throw in there. When I wake up in the morning I am so hungry though. My last meals look like

7: PWO shake
8: 2 cans of tuna or chicken and broccoli
1030: shake
sleeping by 1130

When I wake up at 730 I feel like I'm ready to put down 2000 calories...maybe bc I take mstak semi-late(515-530)?

600-700 calories is solid right before bed man. It could be the M-stak. I always took it at 9am, whether I was training or not so that I could get the affects all day long. I feel it helped me put down more food during the day.

hardworkE
01-22-09, 1:09 pm
I'm gonna throw this right in here, for anyone to see or for me to come back around to in the future. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal, but I've been trying to make it a staple every morning. I'd rather eat a big bowl of some 'healthy' cold cereal, but it just doesn't have the nutritional value of oatmeal. So here's my newest oatmeal recipe, it is honestly amazing. I ate my entire cup of oats this morning and wanted another...

"E's Banana Pancake Oatmeal"(c)
1 cup dry oats
1 banana
1 big scoop of natty pb
microwave for 1:45-2minutes
Top with sugar-free maple syrup

Try it, let me know what you think.

Aggression
01-22-09, 1:36 pm
I'm gonna throw this right in here, for anyone to see or for me to come back around to in the future. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal, but I've been trying to make it a staple every morning. I'd rather eat a big bowl of some 'healthy' cold cereal, but it just doesn't have the nutritional value of oatmeal. So here's my newest oatmeal recipe, it is honestly amazing. I ate my entire cup of oats this morning and wanted another...

"E's Banana Pancake Oatmeal"(c)
1 cup dry oats
1 banana
1 big scoop of natty pb
microwave for 1:45-2minutes
Top with sugar-free maple syrup

Try it, let me know what you think.

Damn E, that sounds delicious. If I remember, I'm going to try that on Saturday. Sounds awesome. Melted pb huh? Yes.

hardworkE
01-22-09, 4:12 pm
I'm thinking of getting crafty with Legs tonight. I saw on the forvm someone posted about "centuries." Where you do it on the leg press machine.

1 platex10
2 platesx20
3 platesx30
10 platesx100

Sounds pretty insane(impossible for me)...so since I cant complete one I was thinking about making something along those lines to do. I was thinking of doing it on the leg ext/leg curl machine. Start close to the bottom and pump out 10, keep going until I can't hit 5 reps on a weight, then go back down trying for 10. If my legs are pumped after squats and leg ext/curls with this, then somethings wrong. I'm pretty excited

Squats
Leg extensions
Leg Curls
Hack Squats
Calves

Better warm up good

Firedrake
01-22-09, 4:51 pm
Oh, you'll get warm REAL fast <grin>. Good luck with those centuries! I know 100-rep schemes almost always make me puke. Bring a bucket!

pedraza
01-23-09, 8:09 am
best of luck bro and x2 on the bucket

hardworkE
01-23-09, 9:47 am
Good thing about PB&J being your pre workout meal: it doesnt taste as bad as tuna and hot sauce when you keep throwing it up in your mouth. Legs.

10 minutes on bike
Squats: warmup, 135x15, 185x10, 205x10, 205x8
Leg extension: single leg x 10, then started at 35lbs went up to 110lbs going for 10 reps(only was getting about 6-8 during the last two)
Leg Curl: Same deal
Leg ext/curl superset: 95x10 on each
Leg Press: 3 sets(2 pps x 10)

Seated calf/rotary calf superset: 3 sets of each
Standing calf raises: 3 sets

I went through some ups and downs in this workout. After squats my legs were already feeling nice and pumped. During and after leg ext/leg curls my legs were shaking really bad, burning like never before, and felt like they were going to explode. I thought I was throwing up all over the place, kept burping up pbj the whole time...

Needless to say after the leg press and calf I just went in the locker room and was pretty slow to shower/change. It took me about 3 times longer than it usually does. Felt amazing. My body is sore all over right now. Shoulder soreness is just going away, back soreness is full on and I feel leg soreness creeping in. Today will be an off day. Have a little cheat meal planned for lunch, running to Qdoba for a burrito. Also have some tuna/sweetpotato mash-combo packed. Looking forward to the burrito more than that meal. Thank God it is Friday...I'm ready to call it a week

hardworkE
01-23-09, 9:51 am
Great looking delt day! I have done the M-Stak ST combo before. Produces very good results. Looking to see the improvements over the next few weeks.

Stack is going great, I got inspired by your last leg workout...and I'm hurting pretty bad. Appreciate it.

back workout looking good .. and arnold use to squat without shoes, so thats gotta account for something.

Did squats without shoes on last night. Definitely felt like I had more controlled movements and my balance was better. I think I'm going to stick with this.

Oh, you'll get warm REAL fast <grin>. Good luck with those centuries! I know 100-rep schemes almost always make me puke. Bring a bucket!

best of luck bro and x2 on the bucket

I wish they had a bucket there, I thought it was going to get messy...

LittleMan55
01-23-09, 9:54 am
Puking in mouth is a good sign of a leg day done right! Hell yeah bro!

C.Coronato
01-23-09, 9:57 am
Nice looking leg day brotha. I may have to try the bare foot thing. And AMEN for friday. Time to relax man. So good.

Aggression
01-23-09, 10:50 am
Good thing about PB&J being your pre workout meal: it doesnt taste as bad as tuna and hot sauce when you keep throwing it up in your mouth.

I laughed out loud when I read this. niCe leg workout man. Glad to see your back to really pounding the legs. Thank God it's Friday indeed man. I'm looking forward to doing nothing but relaxing and chillen this weekend.

hardworkE
01-23-09, 11:00 am
Thank God it's Friday indeed man. I'm looking forward to doing nothing but relaxing and chillen this weekend.

Tell me about it, I finally have a weekend where I am just going to relax. Except for company b-ball on Sunday, but I'm going to get my LeBron on anyway so that'll be a good day. Just gearing up for a hellacious chest workout tomorrow. Ahh early Saturday workouts, I'll have the gym to myself. Also excited for the resurrection of the 'G Diesel pancake' tomorrow pre workout...haven't had those bad boys in a while.

hardworkE
01-23-09, 12:30 pm
Don't ever mash a sweet potato and 2 cans of tuna together...ever

C.Coronato
01-23-09, 12:36 pm

haha that bad huh?

Aggression
01-23-09, 12:37 pm

HaHa will do. Thanks for the tip. Try tuna with white rice and some sauce/salsa. Its been my third meal for like 5-6 weeks now. put it all in a bowl and zap it in the micro for about 2min.

hardworkE
01-23-09, 12:43 pm
Usually do tuna/rice, but my ground beef/sweet potato mash got me inspired to try this. I'm gonna take some time this weekend to try some new recipes that I saw on here, anything fast and effective

hardworkE
01-24-09, 3:39 pm
Great workout. Chest/bis/abs

CHEST
Incline bench: warmup, 135x12, 165x10, 185x8, 135x6
One arm db incline: 50x10
Flat bench: 135x12, 165x10, 185x6, 135x8
one arm flat db: 50x10
incline fly: 2 sets x 10(45x10)
flat fly: 2 sets x 10(50x10)
low cable cross: 2 sets

BIS
Low cable curl: 50x25
DB curl: 25x12, 30x12, 35x10 nice and slow with a strong contraction
Conc. curls: 20x12, 20x12
Hammers: 3 sets of 10
BB curls: 2 sets(55x10)

Abs
Rope crunches: 90x30, 80x20, 70x25
Incline crunches: 1x25

My chest was pumped beyond belief, my bis were extremely vascular and my abs were killing me. I did not get tired at any point during the workout. I don't know if it was the mstak, the shock therapy, the diet being on point lately, the new cd on my ipod, or the g diesel pancakes preWO, but it worked. It was probably a combo of all of that. I felt so alive in the gym this morning. It cemented why I love working out so much. This isn't something that I enjoy doing, it is slowly becoming a part of me...and I love it. I won't stop. I will keep lifting and growing. This shit is addicting and I have no problem with that. I'm counting down until the next workout

Aggression
01-24-09, 8:22 pm
My chest was pumped beyond belief, my bis were extremely vascular and my abs were killing me. I did not get tired at any point during the workout. I don't know if it was the mstak, the shock therapy, the diet being on point lately, the new cd on my ipod, or the g diesel pancakes preWO, but it worked. It was probably a combo of all of that. I felt so alive in the gym this morning. It cemented why I love working out so much. This isn't something that I enjoy doing, it is slowly becoming a part of me...and I love it. I won't stop. I will keep lifting and growing. This shit is addicting and I have no problem with that. I'm counting down until the next workout

This is what it's all about my brother. Reading this gets me pumped up for quads tomorrow. 185 on pressing is diesel bro, niCe work.

The first weekend in February is another ABC right by UN's office; less than an hour from home bro. Just letting you know in case you wanted to pop your cherry. I'm going; it should be awesome.

hardworkE
01-26-09, 4:02 pm
Back in the gym after an off day yesterday. Had basketball yesterday and this morning woke up with a real stiff lower back. I'm getting old, you used to be able to spring up out of bed, run outside and not stop for 8 hours...no soreness. One game of fullcourt now and my backs sore, damn. I need to work on my flexibility also...thats another issue.

Shoulders in the gym today. Not going to worry about putting up a ton of weight. Going to try to get a really good pump in my medial/rear delts. They are still lagging on the left side...cmon growwww. Light weight to ensure form is perfect. Just need that good pump. Time to get down to business

Aggression
01-26-09, 9:54 pm
I'll dunk on you. Then I'll raise the rim back up to 10' and drain 3's in your face all night long.

Pickup basketball; that brings me back man. Good times during TRBA.

Hit them shoulders up man. That's what its all about; getting the pump. I've been staying at 8 reps or higher for the past 2 months and it's worked wonders man. More dense and more overall mass. How's the M-stak/ST combo working for ya? Have you reached that summertime goal yet?

hardworkE
01-27-09, 9:36 am
Hit them shoulders up man. That's what its all about; getting the pump. I've been staying at 8 reps or higher for the past 2 months and it's worked wonders man. More dense and more overall mass. How's the M-stak/ST combo working for ya? Have you reached that summertime goal yet?

The stack is going really well. ST gets me amped in the gym, and hopefully mstak is doing its job. I have my weekly weigh in tonight after back. We'll see what its looking like.

SHOULDERS
Seated side raises: 4 sets x 10-15(20x10)
superset bent over rear: 4 sets x 10-15(15x10)
BB upright row: 3 sets (75x10)
Military Press: 3 sets 8-12 (95x8)
Shrugs: 3 sets (2pps x 12)
DB shrugs: 3 sets 10-15 (70x10)
HS Shoulder press: 2 sets of 90 to failure(~12, 9)

Seated calf raises: 3 sets
superset Rotary calf raises: 3 sets

I just realized that I didn't do tri's. Forgot that I switched my routine up, but I will just throw them in with back tonight. Overall, I felt really good in the gym. Didn't go for numbers, just strong contractions. ST/mstak definitely gets me fired up for the gym. After a long day in the office, I take that and feel extremely fresh. Still have been consistent with my meals. Just trucking along...back/tris tonight

C.Coronato
01-27-09, 10:44 am
Looking very very good hardworkE. I love the fact that you dont really go for numbers you hit the contractions. THAT alone is a great feeling. Looking forward to what your weight is sitting at brotha.

Aggression
01-27-09, 10:57 am
Agreed treetrunks. I love seeing the people chasing after the contractions/pump instead of just wanting to press heavy weight. Once you realize its all about the squeeze, the contraction, and the pump, that is when you graduate to another level IMO. Good shit E.

C.Coronato
01-27-09, 10:59 am
Aggression, i coudlnt agree more. Its the "leave your ego at the door" statement. Your doing it the right way hardoworkE. I personally did an old arnold workout for a period of i think 2 months. It was a 6 day split, with all supersets. 100% supersets and everything was 15+ reps. I came back to my regular 10-12 rep range and my increase in strength was amazing.

Aggression
01-27-09, 11:01 am
Aggression, i coudlnt agree more. Its the "leave your ego at the door" statement. Your doing it the right way hardoworkE. I personally did an old arnold workout for a period of i think 2 months. It was a 6 day split, with all supersets. 100% supersets and everything was 15+ reps. I came back to my regular 10-12 rep range and my increase in strength was amazing.

Yeah. Same thing happened to me. I noticed it last night. After spending a few months at 8+ reps, I banged out 90lb incline db press for 8. Last time I did 90's fresh, I got them for about 6. It's all about concentrating on the muscle brother.

hardworkE
01-27-09, 11:10 am
Definitely, now its just time to put in the work with the fork and watch this take off to the next level...

Aggression
01-27-09, 11:17 am
Definitely, now its just time to put in the work with the fork and watch this take off to the next level...

Another breakthrough: understanding the importance of the diet. Fuck yeah bro. The gains start at the dinner table.

hardworkE
01-27-09, 4:55 pm
Ready to blow up my back and tri's. let get this shit started

hardworkE
01-27-09, 9:55 pm
I went into the gym tonight and got a great pump, plain and simple.

BACK
CG chins: bw+45x6, bw x 8,8
Db row: 3 sets 10-14(70x10)
Lat pulldown: 3 sets
T bar row: 45x12, 60x10, 60/45/25 dropset
Rack deads: 135x15, 185x12, 225x10, 275x8//225x6//135x8
Btn pulldown: 2 sets

Tris
Tri pushdown: 3 sets
Db skulls: 3 sets
Rope pressdown: 3 sets
Dips: bw x 12(3 sets)

DONE

Back was pumped/ Tris were pumped...great session. Weighed in at 176.5 after the workout. I've been getting really hungry, so I've been adding more snacks throughout the day: an egg here, protein shake there, little extra meat. I have hit a mini plateau at 175 and I don't feel like I am progressing like I was. Just have to eat more and lift heavier. I think I'm gonna switch up my training style next week...short and heavy workouts instead of lighter/high rep. Overall, feeling good just have to keep plugging away. Nothing else to it.

Firedrake
01-27-09, 10:48 pm
Great looking back/tri day -- really pushing the edge with the dropsets and shit.

Being hungry all the time shows you're growing -- you may not be actually gaining pounds right now as gaining muscle/losing the fat, which cranks the metabolism pretty hard. You've got the right idea: keep feeding the machine -- good, clean calories!

Each rep, each set, each day -- a little more, a little heavier, a little larger -- bit by bit a freak gets built!

LittleMan55
01-28-09, 9:06 am
Great back and tri work! That is an interesting combo btw. How do you like the 2 together?

hardworkE
01-28-09, 9:28 am
Each rep, each set, each day -- a little more, a little heavier, a little larger -- bit by bit a freak gets built!

Exactly it, bit by bit, piece by piece, little by little

Great back and tri work! That is an interesting combo btw. How do you like the 2 together?

Actually don't do them together, usually tris are with shoulders, but I forgot to do them yesterday, must've gotten too amped up about shoulders. So I threw them in with back. Either way, I had a great pump in my tris yesterday

C.Coronato
01-28-09, 10:14 am
Looking good brotha. I love weighted chins. Its such a good stretch, let alone a good workout.

hardworkE
01-28-09, 3:27 pm
Feel like I have been eating non-stop lately...

8am: 4 eggs, cup oatmeal, banana, multi/EFA
11am: 8oz ground beef w/ brown rice
2pm: 10oz chicken w/ sweet potato
4pm: 2 pbj on double protein bread
630pm: PWO shake
730pm: 2 cans of tuna/8oz chicken w/ broccoli
9pm: 2 eggs/some kind of snack
1030pm: banana, pb protein Shake

Just feels like I don't put the fork down...definitely eating more than I'm used to

Gonna need it for legs tonight...

hardworkE
01-28-09, 3:27 pm
Looking good brotha. I love weighted chins. Its such a good stretch, let alone a good workout.

Thanks, weighted chins tear my lats up. feels great

pedraza
01-28-09, 3:42 pm
great back and tri workout last night bro

Aggression
01-29-09, 8:21 am
Seems like the M-stak is running its course bro. Eat more and you'll see that weight go up and blow past that plateau. Keep hittin' it hard bro.

hardworkE
01-29-09, 9:28 am
LEGS. Man I love doing legs now.

10 minutes on bike
Squat: warmup, 135x12, 185x12, 225x8, 225x8
Power Squat: 3 sets of 10, 1pps, 2pps, 2pps
superset Hack Squat: 3 sets of 10, 1pps, 2pps, 2pps
Lying leg curl: 3 sets of 10(115x10)
Leg Press: 1pps x 12, 2pps x 10, 3pps x 10, 3.5pps x 6

Leg press calf: 4 sets of 15(2.5pps x 15)
seated calf raise: 2 sets then a drop set from 60-0

Overall it was an awesome workout. My legs were feeling extremely pumped after I was done with the power squat/hack squat superset. My legs are really coming along in terms of strength. 225 did not seem that difficult on squats yesterday, that will be upped next time. Weighed in after the workout just to see what it was at...178. My weight fluctuates so much its almost not worth keeping track of. Just going to go by that mirror. Right now I'm probably about halfway through mstak and I feel like it is working pretty good. I definitely know my muscles feel firmer, also have gained a little size...great stuff. Tomorrow I have an off site training all day(8-6 30 min from philly) then going to hit chest when I get back. I am going to try to get all my meals in before, it is going to be tough. I think I might try to make some protein bars or something small that I can keep with me and snack on. I am going to try to not let this set me back

hardworkE
01-29-09, 9:28 am
great back and tri workout last night bro

Thanks, felt great in the lats after

Seems like the M-stak is running its course bro. Eat more and you'll see that weight go up and blow past that plateau. Keep hittin' it hard bro.

Definitely man, just gonna keep on with it, adding in some calories as i go along

C.Coronato
01-29-09, 9:45 am
awesome leg workout man. Really killing it on that power squat/hack super. I super set hack with leg press, and its horrible but so good. Keep it up man!

hardworkE
01-29-09, 2:54 pm
awesome leg workout man. Really killing it on that power squat/hack super. I super set hack with leg press, and its horrible but so good. Keep it up man!

Yeah that superset was awesome, definitely pushed pretty hard.

Shoulder soreness: finally going away
Back soreness: full on
Leg soreness: getting worse by the second

Rest day today...time to heal up

hardworkE
02-02-09, 8:29 am
Back from a good weekend. Chest on Saturday.

DB Incline: 4 sets of 6-12(85 x 6)
Flat BB: 4 sets of 6-12(185x6)
Incline fly: 3 sets (45x8)
Flat fly: 2 sets (50x8)
low cable cross: 2 sets
high cable cross 2 sets

Didn't feel 100% in the gym, but strength felt good and the pump felt great. Stomach was feeling rough the whole time, but I just pushed through it...gotta do it.

Aggression
02-02-09, 9:31 am
Ain't nuttin' to it but to do it brotha. Nice pressing, looking strong. 85's and 185 for reps, very niCe. What ya weighing in at now?

hardworkE
02-02-09, 9:36 am
Last week at weigh in, 176.5. The next day I weighed 178. I don't know how it fluctuates that much, I eat the same things everday/drink the same amount. We'll see tomorrow what the new weight is. Definitely have been getting stronger which is always a good sign

C.Coronato
02-02-09, 11:44 am
Looking every good man. Everyone has off days. Just get back in and kill it the next day. Dont hurt yourself. Got alot of growing ahead of ya.

hardworkE
02-02-09, 8:58 pm
Delts/tris

Db press: 55x12, 65x10, 75x7, 60x6
SM press: 95x12, 135x10, 185x8
Side delt raise: 3 sets
SS rear delt:3 sets
Behind back raise: 2 sets
SS rear pec dec: 2 sets

Bb shrug: 95x12, 135x12, 185x12
DB shrug dropsets: 85//60 for 3 sets

TRI'S
V bar pushdown: 3 sets
Skulls: 3 sets
Reverse grip pushdown: 3 sets

Done.

Got redemption from it last workout w aggression. Finally got those 75's. Felt amazing. Shoulders were swollen, tris were blown up. Weighed in just under 180. Mstak + solid diet + hardcore training= progress. Feels good, feels so good.

Aggression
02-03-09, 8:24 am
That's awesome. Thanksgiving weekend, you couldn't even get 1 rep with the 75's; now you're repping 'em out. Progress indeed brother.

hardworkE
02-03-09, 12:19 pm
That's awesome. Thanksgiving weekend, you couldn't even get 1 rep with the 75's; now you're repping 'em out. Progress indeed brother.

I can't tell you how good that felt to put those up for 7. When I finished I sat there for about a minute and thought about the last time I tried. Nothing like breaking down barriers and moving forward

C.Coronato
02-03-09, 12:29 pm
Looking awesome E. Very awesome. Congrats on those 75s

hardworkE
02-04-09, 9:42 am
BACK . ABS

BB Row: 3 sets (115x10)
Rack deads: 4 sets (315x6)
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets (140x9)
Cable row: 3 sets
T Bar Row: 2 sets
superset CG pulldown: 2 sets

Rope curls: 1 drop set of 60
Incline situps: 3 sets w/ 25lb weigh for 15

DONE

Tried to switch my routine up a little using different attachments on some of the exercises which felt like I was hitting some new spots. Overall good back workout. Yesterday was also my weigh in day...180 even. Eventually I am going to start figuring out my true weight. Weighing myself at 630 after I've already put down quite a few meals doesnt reflect my actual weight, but since thats what I started with I wanted to keep it consistent as long as I'm on mstak. I still have about 10 days on it and so far, the results are great. Weight is climbing and I'm getting stronger. Getting a little softer, can't see abs as much as I used to, but I'm not really worried about it. So far so good.

C.Coronato
02-04-09, 9:55 am
Killed that back brotha. Them abs too. Dont worry if your getting a little soft around the edges, as a bulking diet tends to do that. Once you have decided you are big enough you will cut and they will be right back.

LittleMan55
02-04-09, 10:04 am
Great back day E!

hardworkE
02-04-09, 10:09 am
Killed that back brotha. Them abs too. Dont worry if your getting a little soft around the edges, as a bulking diet tends to do that. Once you have decided you are big enough you will cut and they will be right back.

Thats true, definitely nothing to be worried about. As long as I can put up more weight I'm definitely fine with it for now.

hardworkE
02-04-09, 10:09 am
Great back day E!

Thanks bro, its already getting pretty tight/sore

C.Coronato
02-04-09, 10:18 am
Thats true, definitely nothing to be worried about. As long as I can put up more weight I'm definitely fine with it for now.

Ya for sure brotha. I remember i started freaking out on my first bulk diet. Watching the abs slowly fade. But now at 200 with much more lean muscle, i still have my abs, clearly not as good as when im on stage, but they are still there. Thats a good feeling! Keep going brotha.