PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Surgery

Smitty578
11-11-08, 5:12 pm
I tore my labrum last spring and got surgery in the summer. I'm clear to lift now and I'm back hitting the gym. I will be a senior in high school next year and will start strongside linebacker, but I need to get a hell of a lot stronger. The only problem is my parents are convinced that if I return to the supplement pattern I was on, I'll mess my kidneys up. They said I can keep taking my pak, but no powder substances. Are pills better for your kidneys? Should I just try and find all the supplements (Creatine, protein, nitro) in pill form? or just lift without them?

Cstlfx
11-11-08, 6:30 pm
I tore my labrum last spring and got surgery in the summer. I'm clear to lift now and I'm back hitting the gym. I will be a senior in high school next year and will start strongside linebacker, but I need to get a hell of a lot stronger. The only problem is my parents are convinced that if I return to the supplement pattern I was on, I'll mess my kidneys up. They said I can keep taking my pak, but no powder substances. Are pills better for your kidneys? Should I just try and find all the supplements (Creatine, protein, nitro) in pill form? or just lift without them?

If it will make your parents feel better, go ahead with the pills. The whole Animal line is pills, so you'll be able to get everything except for protein through the line.

But to answer your question, no pills are not better than powder, and vice versa. If you're getting enough water in you, and you're eating properly, it wont damage your kidneys unless you are severely overdosing on things like creatine, NO booster, etc.

Cellerator65
11-11-08, 6:46 pm
unless you have a pre-existing condition in your kidney's, then you should be find with the recommended amount. Just make sure you drink alot of water, but that goes without saying.

Aggression
11-12-08, 12:08 pm
As everyone said, drink lots of water and the pills should be fine. Most parents bug out when they see their son taking a lot of supplements. My parents freak every time I take something, whether it be the Pak, Omega, Storm, Shock Therapy, or even protein. They always say that its bad for you because its not FDA approved. They tell me that one day i'll be in serious trouble because of all the 'sh*t' I take. I totally disagree, but I understand where they're coming from. They see their son putting all this foreign stuff (foreign to them) into your body.

Do what I had do, just get the stuff and hide the stuff in your room. Make all the shakes and take all the pills in your room

Smitty578
11-12-08, 7:39 pm
Thx for all the suggestions guys. Keep training hard.