PDA

View Full Version : Arm training

Mackk
11-11-08, 10:38 pm
I train both triceps and biceps on the same day, I do approximately 14 sets for each one, my question is, would I be able to do a few additional sets that target my brachialis specifically? (im talking ez-bar raises) without subtracting from the total number of sets for biceps, without over training? I find that I grow consistantly with this plan but I want to bring up the size of my brachialis. I do 4 sets of hammer curls already for biceps aswell.

sanga
11-12-08, 4:24 am
Question, are your arms growing? Have you had success with your routine?

If it ain`t broke don`t fix it, personally I think its way too much for arms but thats my opinion.

Aggression
11-12-08, 10:24 am
Question, are your arms growing? Have you had success with your routine?

If it ain`t broke don`t fix it, personally I think its way too much for arms but thats my opinion.

x2

If what you're doing is working, ur good. Too much for me, I usually only do 10-12 sets per

shizz702
11-12-08, 10:34 am
As said if what you are doing is working leave it alone and keep progressing. Be cautious when training the arms though cause they are very small muscle groups and easy to overtrain. From what you described sounds like you are giving them more than enough to grow.

prowrestler
11-12-08, 10:37 am
brachialis???

ya, here ya go

do reverse grip preacher curls witha slow tempo, slow tempo recruits more brachialis then bicep

also heavy,swingin pinwheels do the trick.

Aggression
11-12-08, 11:03 am
also heavy,swingin pinwheels do the trick.

Pinwheels are great. I did them last arm workout.

Stovall
11-12-08, 11:22 am
I need an educational moment..........what are pinwheels? Never even heard of them before.

Aggression
11-12-08, 11:26 am
I need an educational moment..........what are pinwheels? Never even heard of them before.

Its a variation of a hammer curl. Hold the dumbbell in your right hand, and bring it up across your body, to about where the top of your dumbbell hits the middle part of your left pec. Keep your elbows down, try to emphasize only your forearm/bicep.

simpleguy
11-12-08, 11:48 am
pinwheels are good... although I usually don't use bb.com as my main source of training ideas, the first 2-3 times I did this I got an awesome pump:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/xrep7.htm

as your body gets used to it you won't feel it like you did at first... so now I just do it every once in a while (say once in a month or two)

Littlefry
11-12-08, 7:25 pm
For myself heavy barbell curls, and preacher curls build my bi's, and Heavy skull crushers and Dips build my triceps. I run 5x5 programs and only do 1 exercise a week for 3 sets of 8 reps for both triceps and biceps and my arms have no problem growing.