PDA

View Full Version : Dieting

SgtFatBoy
11-12-08, 10:12 am
I need to cut about 100lbs off my body, i have been working out for about a year now and still cant seem to cut the weight, i hate cardio, so that doesn't help i know, i try to eat good, but not always, and i cut out drinking soda when i started working out, only water and tea(unsweetened), any suggestions as far as what to eat and when to get results fast?

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 10:43 am
I need to cut about 100lbs off my body, i have been working out for about a year now and still cant seem to cut the weight, i hate cardio, so that doesn't help i know, i try to eat good, but not always, and i cut out drinking soda when i started working out, only water and tea(unsweetened), any suggestions as far as what to eat and when to get results fast?

Make sure you're eating 5-7 meals a day, spaced 2-3 hours apart. Eat low GI foods to keep your insulin levels low. If you hate cardio that's too bad, you gotta get it done son. Minimum of 30 minutes per session.

violator
11-12-08, 10:58 am
I need to ....... get results fast?

nuff said rite there....if ur 100lbs overweight....nothings impossible, but if ur uprepared and ignorant on the subject....uve got a problem....
brother, cuttin fat takes time, not only that but some solid planning...
i suggest you do a lot of research on the subject, gain some knowledge in terms of what goals u need to set.
If you cannot find the time to do this, then perhaps employ the skills of a personal nutritionist, to get u goin in the right direction....but its all available rite here....for free too....all u gotta do is search & read......heres a few of my favorites....

Ox's stable:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7904

a pre contest diet journey by ChandlerXJ:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=15476

ironshaolin
11-12-08, 12:48 pm
You say you hate cardio, sorry to say but you're gonna have to make good friends with it if you want to burn that fat off. Try to find something you enjoy doing, I know I can't stand sitting on a treadmill for 30 minutes, so you might wanna try something else. Even getting invovled with a sport or activity can be a great way to add in cardio. Take up martial arts, or find a group of people to play basketball with, sometihng that keeps you moving fast.

As far as diet, my BEST recommendation goes to the paleolithic diet. Its also refered to as the caveman diet. Basically here's the simple tenents: Eat alot of meat and vegetables. Eat nuts and seeds, and some fruit. Avoid starches, grains, legumes and sugar. Thats basically it. Stay away from breaded meats, and try to avoid things like butter. Google search it, theres alot of good info on the web.

Remember, losing that weight is not gonna be easy, but it is possible. You just gotta decide its what you wanna do, and then take ACTION to make it happen. Develop some pigheaded discipline, determination and drive. Hang a picture of what you want to look like on your refridgerator as a reminder. Write down your goals, and leave them in a place you can see them constantly.

SgtFatBoy
11-12-08, 3:49 pm
Thanks guys, from what i am getting basically research the hell out it, make a plan, and then do it. Sounds good i really appreciate you guys be out their for us, i was sticking with a good diet for a while and then just lost my motivation, and its been hard finding my way back to that.

Thanks for everything

I will definatly check out the net for more info.

Thanks again

Aggression
11-12-08, 4:00 pm
Yeah bro, you have to figure out what works best for your body. Foods that work great for me could be disastrous to you. Its just the way it is man. We're here to help tho.

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 4:02 pm
Another suggestion, become friendly with shakes. Get good at making healthy, tasty shakes and you will not regret it. Not all of them have to be made in a blender either (I personally hate blending because of the clean-up).

For example:

6-8 egg whites (egg whites international)
1-2 scoops PP
water
Very healthy, tasty and easy (only a protein shaker involved).

Now one with a blender:

2 scoops PP
1-2 cups Oats
.5-1 cup strawberry yogurt (low-fat)
banana
skim milk

Yummiest damn thing you'll ever drink and very good for you at anytime of the day.

Just some examples but search these forums or google for more options of shakes. They can really help for your diet portion. It makes it easier to get a meal in every 2-3 hours. Whole foods can be a bitch when all 5-7 meals are just that.

SgtFatBoy
11-12-08, 4:35 pm
nuff said rite there....if ur 100lbs overweight....nothings impossible, but if ur uprepared and ignorant on the subject....uve got a problem....
brother, cuttin fat takes time, not only that but some solid planning...
i suggest you do a lot of research on the subject, gain some knowledge in terms of what goals u need to set.
If you cannot find the time to do this, then perhaps employ the skills of a personal nutritionist, to get u goin in the right direction....but its all available rite here....for free too....all u gotta do is search & read......heres a few of my favorites....

Ox's stable:

a pre contest diet journey by ChandlerXJ:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=15476

Wow i didnt realize this was out thier, i have been reading for 30-45 minutes now and still havent finished OX's post. I really like a lot of the stuff OX has put out their, thanks again, i think i am going to try his diet and see how it goes.

Thanks again

Dan

sanga
11-12-08, 4:39 pm
I agree, this is the place to start reading up on and then go from there.

Ox's stable:

SgtFatBoy
11-12-08, 4:45 pm
Another suggestion, become friendly with shakes. Get good at making healthy, tasty shakes and you will not regret it. Not all of them have to be made in a blender either (I personally hate blending because of the clean-up).

For example:

6-8 egg whites (egg whites international)
1-2 scoops PP
water
Very healthy, tasty and easy (only a protein shaker involved).

Now one with a blender:

2 scoops PP
1-2 cups Oats
.5-1 cup strawberry yogurt (low-fat)
banana
skim milk

Yummiest damn thing you'll ever drink and very good for you at anytime of the day.

Just some examples but search these forums or google for more options of shakes. They can really help for your diet portion. It makes it easier to get a meal in every 2-3 hours. Whole foods can be a bitch when all 5-7 meals are just that.

I tried mixing oats in one time before but i could feel the oats and i couldnt drink it, any suggestions on that?

Aggression
11-12-08, 4:48 pm
I tried mixing oats in one time before but i could feel the oats and i couldnt drink it, any suggestions on that?

Its tough man. You gotta have one serious blender brother. Otherwise they won't grind up enuff.

SgtFatBoy
11-12-08, 5:08 pm
Nice i will have to try grinding it alittle more to see. Thanks to all of you for posting great stuff.

Thanks again

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 5:59 pm

http://www.cuisinshop.com/cuisminplusp.html

That's a link to the grinder I use. It is VERY cheap and VERY effective. It's high quality despite it's price and cleans/stores easy. You can still "feel" the oats but it is still pretty easy to drink. It is a sure fire way to get a good amount of oats in your diet.

violator
11-13-08, 2:30 am
Thanks guys, from what i am getting basically research the hell out it, make a plan, and then do it.....

Wow i didnt realize this was out thier... i think i am going to try his diet and see how it goes.....

yeah, u see?....its been 1 day & how much more have you learned?, i bet 20 times what u knew yesterday.....just imagine where ull be next week....

Brother, i apprecite ur enthusiasim, but remember....THERE IS NO TRYING IN LIFE....u either do it or you dont, merely saying 'ull try'....sets u up subconciously for failure.....

& regarding the diet in Ox's thread, be careful, KETO isnt for everyone, its a method that took me a year to understand correctly.....so make sure u do the research and plan accordingly.....there are many different diets to use, anabolic, carb cycling, velocity etc...the list goes on....study which one appleals to you, then DO IT and stick to it....

Brother, no one can motivate you but yourself.....cast an image in your head of you ideal physique, i mean, really spend some time thinking about it in front of the mirror....when that image is all you see, all you want....then the desire that youve created in your animalistic mind will work towards ur goal and you wont need outside motivation...

PEOPLE WHO NEED OUTSIDE MOTIVATION, SIMPLY HAVE NOT FOCUSED ON THEIR GOAL ENOUGH, AND WILL BE DISTRACTED BY OTHER PRIORITIES.......such is life....dont be weak...be a fuckin animal.....use the power of the human will & potential & nothing can stop you.......

Good luck...

Ashley_Brand
11-13-08, 3:18 am
Hey, good luck on your journey. Just remember when it comes to weight lose you've got to do it RIGHT. You shouldn't search for FAST results. Fast results means fast fall. You lose it slow and accurate and it stays off, you stay happy, and its way more managable. Anything done fast usually takes the body somewhere it wasn't designed to go. Basically throwing you into a program you will ultimately fail at or get burnt out quick with. Fast results are always the right tunnel of choice. Hang in there and get your mind right before making a huge life change such as this one. You will need it. It's tough and it's not for everyone. That's what will make you extraordinary once you've completed your task. Best of luck to you and I want to hear all about it when you get there.... because you can.

SgtFatBoy
11-13-08, 8:51 am
Thanks guys, i have gotten excited again, i got up and hour and half early this morning got all my food ready and went did 45 min of walking/light jogging, to start i figured i would do this 5-6 days a week till i get back use to jogging agian. I had my 6 eggs and my pak for breakfast and going to have my shake here in another hour.

Thanks guys so much no matter what you say you guy are an inspiration to all of us starting out, out here. Cant say it enough Thanks again

Will keep posted.

Dan

SgtFatBoy
11-13-08, 8:51 am
http://www.cuisinshop.com/cuisminplusp.html

That's a link to the grinder I use. It is VERY cheap and VERY effective. It's high quality despite it's price and cleans/stores easy. You can still "feel" the oats but it is still pretty easy to drink. It is a sure fire way to get a good amount of oats in your diet.

Thanks i will check it out.

NPRamirez
11-13-08, 12:17 pm
Thanks i will check it out.

roger.

Carpe Diem P.T
11-16-08, 5:26 am
Thanks guys, i have gotten excited again, i got up and hour and half early this morning got all my food ready and went did 45 min of walking/light jogging, to start i figured i would do this 5-6 days a week till i get back use to jogging agian. I had my 6 eggs and my pak for breakfast and going to have my shake here in another hour.

Thanks guys so much no matter what you say you guy are an inspiration to all of us starting out, out here. Cant say it enough Thanks again

Will keep posted.

Dan

thats what i like to hear. you want it? Get the fuck out there and earn it!

Feel The Power
11-16-08, 11:08 am
I am by no means an expert and I hate dieting the same as you do.. I remember you said you want to loose fast, but I like to slowly loose weight and I stick to my diet better if I do it this way.. I start out by eating 6 meals a day, but I do 2 meals clean and the other 4 eat what I want to eat for a week.. then the week after that I do 4 meals clean and 2 whatever I want... then the week after that all 6 are clean for the next 3 months. I just like easing into it like this and it seems to keep my cravings at bay. I add in animal cuts after my first month transition into full blown dieting. I always do a 4 month cut and with the first month being a transition into it. I am horrible at sticking to a diet, but this gets me eating clean 3 months straight with NO cheats. Just thought this might possibly help you out. Also, cardio helps speed the fat loss process too. Best of luck!!

Feel The Power

SgtFatBoy
11-17-08, 4:11 pm
I am by no means an expert and I hate dieting the same as you do.. I remember you said you want to loose fast, but I like to slowly loose weight and I stick to my diet better if I do it this way.. I start out by eating 6 meals a day, but I do 2 meals clean and the other 4 eat what I want to eat for a week.. then the week after that I do 4 meals clean and 2 whatever I want... then the week after that all 6 are clean for the next 3 months. I just like easing into it like this and it seems to keep my cravings at bay. I add in animal cuts after my first month transition into full blown dieting. I always do a 4 month cut and with the first month being a transition into it. I am horrible at sticking to a diet, but this gets me eating clean 3 months straight with NO cheats. Just thought this might possibly help you out. Also, cardio helps speed the fat loss process too. Best of luck!!

Feel The Power

Nice, i am actually on day 5 of ox's diet, going really well had some cravings over the weekend but i made it through it. Also got up again early and did my cardio. Going pretty good so far. Thanks guys for all the info every little bit helps.

Dan

violator
11-18-08, 6:34 am
Glad to see ur taking the plunge....5 days in...u must be starting to feel the change over to ketosis now....remember...dont cheat, until week 2, no matter what....keep ur goal in mind....& watch it manifest!.....

have u got a fibre supp, like metamucil sugar free?
uni-liver are great to whack after a solid meal to get those aminos in
2 gallons h2o daily!
slow pace cardio is all you need!...

good luck....

SgtFatBoy
11-18-08, 10:00 am
Glad to see ur taking the plunge....5 days in...u must be starting to feel the change over to ketosis now....remember...dont cheat, until week 2, no matter what....keep ur goal in mind....& watch it manifest!.....

have u got a fibre supp, like metamucil sugar free?
uni-liver are great to whack after a solid meal to get those aminos in
2 gallons h2o daily!
slow pace cardio is all you need!...

good luck....

What is uni-liver for?

violator
11-20-08, 2:21 am
check it out G.....

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=583

Dont know what id do without my uni-liver!!

SgtFatBoy
11-20-08, 5:08 pm
check it out G.....

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=583

Dont know what id do without my uni-liver!!

Awesome thanks, got to wait till next pay period, def got to get some of those.

Latimer316
11-20-08, 7:02 pm
Just looking at your name man..Were you ever in the military

arab910
11-20-08, 8:00 pm
Nice i will have to try grinding it alittle more to see. Thanks to all of you for posting great stuff.

Thanks again

put them in a coffee grinder, if you have one. that makes em nice and powdery...mmmmmmmm then just mix that powder right into a shake.

SgtFatBoy
11-21-08, 10:20 am
Just looking at your name man..Were you ever in the military

LOL...that funny you know your the first person ever to ask that, no am a big computer gamer, and i am very take charge kinda person, and one day some called me fatboy, so i put sgt in front of it, cause the game i mainly play is a war game allies vs axis game called DOD. so that why the sgt. So it is like my alias for everything i do.

SgtFatBoy
11-21-08, 10:21 am
put them in a coffee grinder, if you have one. that makes em nice and powdery...mmmmmmmm then just mix that powder right into a shake.

Nice didnt think about the coffee grinder. Good call, i got a magic bullet to that i use at work for mixing my shakes during the day, though about trying that also.

SgtFatBoy
11-25-08, 10:54 am
Figured i would give an update on things were going

Day 12

Staying strong on OX's diet tweaking here and there, sheading a lot of water so i am chugging alot of water...LOL lot in lot out. So far so good. I have had some temptations but made it without it. Allready i feel a lot better and more energetic. I slaked off this morning and didnt get up to walk, it was so cold out and i went to bed late so i will make it up on my off days.

Thanks for the help guys

Dan

machineman
11-25-08, 12:32 pm
good luck with the weight loss....It took me 11 months to drop 55 pounds.....cardio EVERY morning for a minimum of 35 minutes.....you hate cardio? suck it up....it is the ticket to where you want to go...I hate it too, but if you want to lose the weight bad enough, you will do whatever it takes.....I also did my cardio in the early AM....just gotta get the work in....

Latimer316
11-25-08, 4:54 pm
haha, got ya man

depratercm
11-27-08, 4:31 pm
Yeah, I finally found something to work for me ... 5-6 small meals a day. I read and read about it, but thought I would just get bigger and bigger. NOPE!

Lost over 14 lbs BF% so far, maintaining my lean mass. Down from 236 to 221lbs, depending on what time of the day I weigh myself. Trying to get down pass 211 lbs (army max for my age & height).

Been eating the hell outta of some Tuna, Salmon, Chicken ... Lots of celery, carrots and cucumbers. Plus a few Apples, Bananas and Pears. For breakfast I have a cup of cereal, yogart and fruit ... breakfast(2) is some hardboiled eggs (1 yoke) and some fruit.

Yeah Cardio is not the so much fun, but it is something we have to do. I have to stick to the cross-training (back Problems) ... but having a nice MP3 player with some great music really help pass the time. My new gym has 5 TVs in front so we can watch news, sport or whatever ... to help with the bordom.

SgtFatBoy
11-29-08, 5:38 pm
Yeah, I finally found something to work for me ... 5-6 small meals a day. I read and read about it, but thought I would just get bigger and bigger. NOPE!

Lost over 14 lbs BF% so far, maintaining my lean mass. Down from 236 to 221lbs, depending on what time of the day I weigh myself. Trying to get down pass 211 lbs (army max for my age & height).

Been eating the hell outta of some Tuna, Salmon, Chicken ... Lots of celery, carrots and cucumbers. Plus a few Apples, Bananas and Pears. For breakfast I have a cup of cereal, yogart and fruit ... breakfast(2) is some hardboiled eggs (1 yoke) and some fruit.

Yeah Cardio is not the so much fun, but it is something we have to do. I have to stick to the cross-training (back Problems) ... but having a nice MP3 player with some great music really help pass the time. My new gym has 5 TVs in front so we can watch news, sport or whatever ... to help with the bordom.

Yeah i am finally getting used to the 5-6 meals sometimes dont even feel like eating but down the shake and penut butter. Having a hard time cutting carbs, i love carbs so i am having to deal with that temtation everyday, but determined.

depratercm
11-29-08, 6:15 pm
Yeah i am finally getting used to the 5-6 meals sometimes dont even feel like eating but down the shake and penut butter. Having a hard time cutting carbs, i love carbs so i am having to deal with that temtation everyday, but determined.

I'm starting a 30-day program with a brand new supp ... MITOTROPIN ... I start tomorrow. It has a full guide for workout and diet.

Make sure you read up on simple and complex carbs ... they can help out your diet a bunch.

Sweet potatoes, yams or regular potatoes(idaho or red bliss). Again, carbs are great, help with energy, try not to cut them out completely (Atkins is BS). Just don't fill or cover your carbs with sodium (season salt, spice, soy sauce, etc). Plain will not kill you ... you wanna drop the weight ... time to suck it up and eat the right shit now!

Keep carbs to the morning ...try to stay with processed wheat(bread, pasta and cereals). Oatmeal is a great gut filler, try to stay away from the sugars and crap we like to add in. LOL!

MVP
11-30-08, 12:11 am

Cutting weight requires you to put your body at catabolic state. This will require intense cardio (HIIT) and a calorie deficient.

depratercm
11-30-08, 9:16 am
You say you drink tea, you need to check out this diet tea called Triple Leaf Dieters' Green Tea and another one called 3 Ballerina Tea .... both about the same.

http://www.asiachi.com/dietdrin18ba.html
http://www.asiachi.com/digrtea.html

These are great for cleaning out your system, if you know what I mean. Kinda like a Detox!

SgtFatBoy
12-04-08, 10:13 am
You say you drink tea, you need to check out this diet tea called Triple Leaf Dieters' Green Tea and another one called 3 Ballerina Tea .... both about the same.

http://www.asiachi.com/dietdrin18ba.html
http://www.asiachi.com/digrtea.html

These are great for cleaning out your system, if you know what I mean. Kinda like a Detox!

Nice, yeah i just bought some green tea last week, how funny is that yeah i like green tea, i think it has some great benifits, i also bought my uni-liver pills been getting in the routine of downing those with my meals. Today marks the third week i have been on the no carb(keto) diet, i am still adjusting my diet to it, but coming along pretty good. I cheated over thanksgiving, but couldnt eat a lot cause i got full fast.

Thanks again guys for all the support. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Dan

SgtFatBoy
12-04-08, 10:19 am
My diet so far has been

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, with cheese, and a meat sausage or bacon
Meal 2: 3 scoops of my Animal Max, and 2 Tablespoons of Penut Butter
Meal 3: Grilled Chicken or Steak with 2-3 cups of lettuce, usually just make a salad
Meal 4: Same as meal 2
Meal 5: 2 Grilled Chicken Breast with cheese on top
Meal 6: I dont always eat this meal but maybe another grilled chicken breast or another meal like meal 1.

Let me know what you guys think. I also bought some peperoni and sticks of cheese as a snack if i cant eat at that moment. What do think of those. Thanks

machineman
12-04-08, 11:49 am
looks pretty good.....just make sure you get that last meal in.....definitely make it a high protein meal.....play around with your carb cutoff time to see how you respond to it....I know my carb cutoff when cutting is around 6pm.....after that, carbs are a no go for me......

what does the scale say at this point as far as weight lost??

machineman
12-04-08, 11:50 am
oh, one other thing....be watchful of the sodium content in your foods......

SgtFatBoy
12-04-08, 2:34 pm
looks pretty good.....just make sure you get that last meal in.....definitely make it a high protein meal.....play around with your carb cutoff time to see how you respond to it....I know my carb cutoff when cutting is around 6pm.....after that, carbs are a no go for me......

what does the scale say at this point as far as weight lost??

Just bought one this past sunday so i dont know to be honest with i weighed myself and i am keeping a log every 3 days to morning and night to see. Will let you know.

SgtFatBoy
12-04-08, 2:34 pm
oh, one other thing....be watchful of the sodium content in your foods......

Yeah i went and bought a couple different Ms dash's flavors.

depratercm
12-04-08, 2:49 pm
Yeah i went and bought a couple different Ms dash's flavors.

Oh yeah, got me a Ms Dash bottle(Southwest CHIPOLTLE), use it all the time for on my last meal.

My meals breakdown in simple form.

Meal 1 : Cup of cereal, Yoguart
Meal 2 : Three Hard boiled eggs (maybe one yoke, no more), cup of oatmeal (plain)
Meal 3: Two pack of tuna, two large sourdough crackers, carrots and celery
Meal 4: Two pack of tuna, two large sourdough crackers, carrots and celery
Meal 5: 3 boiled chicken breast (ms dash).

So far, I have dropped 15 lbs.

violator
12-05-08, 5:48 am
My diet so far has been

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, with cheese, and a meat sausage or bacon
Meal 2: 3 scoops of my Animal Max, and 2 Tablespoons of Penut Butter
Meal 3: Grilled Chicken or Steak with 2-3 cups of lettuce, usually just make a salad
Meal 4: Same as meal 2
Meal 5: 2 Grilled Chicken Breast with cheese on top
Meal 6: I dont always eat this meal but maybe another grilled chicken breast or another meal like meal 1.

Let me know what you guys think. I also bought some peperoni and sticks of cheese as a snack if i cant eat at that moment. What do think of those. Thanks

Yo Sarge!,

Bro, i wanna say Big up urself!!, uve taken this & commited & the results r on the way!!
Keep it up!

now a critique on ur diet, if i may offer my humble opinion.....

1. Cheese is crap!!!, throw it out, theres no place for it, unless its in a cheat....

2. Dont worry about the sodium, ur not a competitive BBer, just tryin to lose pounds, Pros only drop sodium in the last few weeks to flush out any subcutaneous water....so go ahead with ur ms Dash...

3. What the fuck is bacon & sausage doing in here?????, throw that shit out as well...loadsa trans/ sat fats...u wanna get in the good fats like EVOO etc...

4. Animal max????, last i checked its got carbs in it doesnt it???, get urself a whey protein isolate, with nothing but protien in it, a few carbs, like 2 per serving aint gonna hurt u, but all of the ones in max will keep u outta ketosis....

5. Bro, u gotta eat that 6th meal, whether u like it or not, or ur metabolism & thyroid function will drop off & u wont lose fat optimally EAT EAT EAT like its fuckin clockwork man....

6. peperoni & cheese sticks!!??....cmon G, this is DIETING....no cheating xcept ur cheat meal, once a week, same time, everytime....no exceptions!!!, snacking is for the offseason!!!

Dude, i dont wanna discourage u, but u need to read more.....if ur needing to snack, its because ur not gettin enuff fats, trust me, hit up some more fats & ull stay full for longer...

also, r u takin EFAs????, omega 3 & 6?, if not, get some right away!!!

ive taken the liberty of posting a diet below, its not what u should follow exactly(being that i dont know what ur stats r) but, ull get the idea of a sample day...

meal1: 50g whey shake with 2 tbsp natty PB, 2 caps fish oil, 1 cap evening primrose oil.

meal2: 6 whole eggs, animalpak

meal3: 200g chicken breast, seasoned & grilled, 1 cup spinach, 1 tbsp EVOO(extra virgin olive oil), 3 uni-liver

meal4: same as meal1

meal5: same as meal3, or subsitute the chicken for fatty fish like salmon

meal 6:same as meal 1 + vitaminC

there it is bro....no bacon, no sausage......no fuckin carbs, no snacks!
2 gallons h2o minimum!!!!
if u wanna eat salads, DONT, stick to dark green leafy veggies, the carbs in things like carrots, peppers & tomatoes will throw u outta keto.....

trust me man, clean ur diet up & the fat will melt off......dont & all ull see leave is water weight as the carbs & glycogen dry out & ull feel like shit.....

Keep sluggin G......

violator
12-05-08, 7:33 am
oh yeah, i forgot to mention that in ur meals 3&5 to add a handfull of raw nuts (not salted or roasted nuts), like almonds/ macadamias....extra fats bro...

SgtFatBoy
12-05-08, 8:48 am
Yo Sarge!,

Bro, i wanna say Big up urself!!, uve taken this & commited & the results r on the way!!
Keep it up!

now a critique on ur diet, if i may offer my humble opinion.....

1. Cheese is crap!!!, throw it out, theres no place for it, unless its in a cheat....

2. Dont worry about the sodium, ur not a competitive BBer, just tryin to lose pounds, Pros only drop sodium in the last few weeks to flush out any subcutaneous water....so go ahead with ur ms Dash...

3. What the fuck is bacon & sausage doing in here?????, throw that shit out as well...loadsa trans/ sat fats...u wanna get in the good fats like EVOO etc...

4. Animal max????, last i checked its got carbs in it doesnt it???, get urself a whey protein isolate, with nothing but protien in it, a few carbs, like 2 per serving aint gonna hurt u, but all of the ones in max will keep u outta ketosis....

5. Bro, u gotta eat that 6th meal, whether u like it or not, or ur metabolism & thyroid function will drop off & u wont lose fat optimally EAT EAT EAT like its fuckin clockwork man....

6. peperoni & cheese sticks!!??....cmon G, this is DIETING....no cheating xcept ur cheat meal, once a week, same time, everytime....no exceptions!!!, snacking is for the offseason!!!

Dude, i dont wanna discourage u, but u need to read more.....if ur needing to snack, its because ur not gettin enuff fats, trust me, hit up some more fats & ull stay full for longer...

also, r u takin EFAs????, omega 3 & 6?, if not, get some right away!!!

ive taken the liberty of posting a diet below, its not what u should follow exactly(being that i dont know what ur stats r) but, ull get the idea of a sample day...

meal1: 50g whey shake with 2 tbsp natty PB, 2 caps fish oil, 1 cap evening primrose oil.

meal2: 6 whole eggs, animalpak

meal3: 200g chicken breast, seasoned & grilled, 1 cup spinach, 1 tbsp EVOO(extra virgin olive oil), 3 uni-liver

meal4: same as meal1

meal5: same as meal3, or subsitute the chicken for fatty fish like salmon

meal 6:same as meal 1 + vitaminC

there it is bro....no bacon, no sausage......no fuckin carbs, no snacks!
2 gallons h2o minimum!!!!
if u wanna eat salads, DONT, stick to dark green leafy veggies, the carbs in things like carrots, peppers & tomatoes will throw u outta keto.....

trust me man, clean ur diet up & the fat will melt off......dont & all ull see leave is water weight as the carbs & glycogen dry out & ull feel like shit.....

Keep sluggin G......

The problem i am having, not trying to make excuses but tues, wens, and thru nights i am in school when i am suppose to eat that 6th meal, and its not a place i can eat at. So i have been throwing the peperoni in my bag and trying to eat that to keep the metabolism going but, i will cut this out since you guys say its bad. Also as far as my salads go, all i get on them is the lettuce, and was getting some cheese but when i make them myself it has been nothing but lettuce and i put the chicken right on top of it and down it.

The max i checked with OX and he said it was fine it has 2g of carbs for a serving, thats it. I dont know i am new to this diet and have been reading alot, their are a lot of different answers out thier, like a few sites i came across said have a cheat day a week, then OX says have a cheat MEAL once a week, then i came accross another that said cheat for 36 hours then, oviously not extreme cheating i know. But i am trying to stick with the OX's diet close, i mean i added the sausage and stuff for flovor, i have a hard time eating the same things over and over, i can usually do it for like 3-4 weeks and then i am like i got to eat something different.

As i right now i have lost 7lbs since i firtst bought my scale on Nov 30. Thats not to bad that in like 6 to 7 days.

Thanks for your help i am going to take your advice and cut the suasage and bacon, i dont know if i can cut cheese all togeather but will try. Also what do you but on top of your salad? Ox said oil and vineger, what do you think, i know i have some dressing that are like 1g of carbs for 2 tablespoons, is this bad what do you think.

Thanks agian

Dan

machineman
12-05-08, 1:00 pm
I know that eating the same things day in and day out is difficult....but you have to look at it like you are eating for fuel, not fun.....today for instance, I got up at 3am so i could cook my food for the day....todays menu-- 2pounds of ground beef (rinsed) and 2 cups (uncooked) brown rice....I will eat a bowl of that every 2.5 hours from 6:30 till it is gone....then dinner with the family (chili with macaroni).....obviously I am not cutting at the moment, but you get the idea....eat for fuel....

machineman
12-05-08, 1:01 pm
and congrats on the weight loss......every bit counts....just get it in your mind that you are going to do this and keep that goal in the front of your mind....even when you are not hungry, get that meal in.....it will pay off when after a month you are 15 pounds lighter....cause the months add up!

SgtFatBoy
12-05-08, 1:18 pm
and congrats on the weight loss......every bit counts....just get it in your mind that you are going to do this and keep that goal in the front of your mind....even when you are not hungry, get that meal in.....it will pay off when after a month you are 15 pounds lighter....cause the months add up!

Your right I am actually getting used to eat same stuff everyday, everyday I feel better and better! I need to loose about 125lbs then I will be set. At the sametime build more muscle. I really do appreciate all the help from each of you! It is great to knowthat their our great people like yourselfs to help guys new like me.

Thanks again

Dan

machineman
12-05-08, 1:20 pm
read through my journey, bro....I was basically starting over the beginning of August......just stick to it.....

SgtFatBoy
12-08-08, 11:52 am
read through my journey, bro....I was basically starting over the beginning of August......just stick to it.....

Nice... I have cut the meat out of breakfast and lower the amount of cheese. Will try that.

depratercm
12-08-08, 12:12 pm
Nice... I have cut the meat out of breakfast and lower the amount of cheese. Will try that.

Try egg white (hardboiled - no yoke) for breakfast, get that protein in. I eat a least 3 hardboiled egg whites for breakfast.

Also, you can cook up some plain chicken breast (maybe some pepper). Remember meat is not the issue, it the kind of meat .... (basic) - if it makes grease or cooked in grease, forget it!

Also try out those (StarKist)Tuna Creations, they are really good ... plus they make a Salmon and Albacore too, mix things up.

violator
12-08-08, 4:38 pm
The problem i am having, not trying to make excuses but tues, wens, and thru nights i am in school when i am suppose to eat that 6th meal, and its not a place i can eat at. So i have been throwing the peperoni in my bag and trying to eat that to keep the metabolism going but, i will cut this out since you guys say its bad. Also as far as my salads go, all i get on them is the lettuce, and was getting some cheese but when i make them myself it has been nothing but lettuce and i put the chicken right on top of it and down it.

The max i checked with OX and he said it was fine it has 2g of carbs for a serving, thats it. I dont know i am new to this diet and have been reading alot, their are a lot of different answers out thier, like a few sites i came across said have a cheat day a week, then OX says have a cheat MEAL once a week, then i came accross another that said cheat for 36 hours then, oviously not extreme cheating i know. But i am trying to stick with the OX's diet close, i mean i added the sausage and stuff for flovor, i have a hard time eating the same things over and over, i can usually do it for like 3-4 weeks and then i am like i got to eat something different.

As i right now i have lost 7lbs since i firtst bought my scale on Nov 30. Thats not to bad that in like 6 to 7 days.

Thanks for your help i am going to take your advice and cut the suasage and bacon, i dont know if i can cut cheese all togeather but will try. Also what do you but on top of your salad? Ox said oil and vineger, what do you think, i know i have some dressing that are like 1g of carbs for 2 tablespoons, is this bad what do you think.

Thanks agian

Dan

Dude, i know its challenging in the beginning to clean up ur diet, eat at the rite time & the rite foods....but i swear its possible....prep is key...cookin before hand like some of the guys have mentioned will ease things up a lot......do a search for eating at school, theres a couple of threads on it already with really good info.....
i realise uve seen improvements from what uve been doing.... and 7lbs is agreat kickoff, well done G.....but u gotta realise that ur bodys adapting to less food & less carbs and after a prolonged period of eating like crap beforehand, you will definetley see results, sometimes dramatic in the first 4 weeks.....as ur body adjusts to the limited cals & cardio, ur weightloss will plateau...and the only way ull lose more is by cleaning up & gettin down to business.....
Stay determined and keep goin, no matter what, the great thing about dieting is that u can actually see results week to week and itll inspire your progress....but when things slow down, reconfigure the game plan & ask questions....

bro, EVOO & balsamic is awesome on a salad, but a serving of salad dressing wont kill u completely if its carb content is low enough to meet ur requirements for the day....
Try kick out as much dairy as u can,, if cheese keeps u sane, so be it, but remember....itll cost at some point....its the same with cheat meals/ cheat days....whatever...theres loadsa methods and theyve worked for loadsa different peeps.....but at the end of the day, u gotta pick one ur comfortable with for 14weeks and run with that mothafucka till the end....kickin & screamin till its all over and the dust has settled on a physique u know uve worked for.....

keep killin sarge.....

depratercm
12-08-08, 4:43 pm
Dude, i know its challenging in the beginning to clean up ur diet, eat at the rite time & the rite foods....but i swear its possible....prep is key...cookin before hand like some of the guys have mentioned will ease things up a lot......do a search for eating at school, theres a couple of threads on it already with really good info.....
i realise uve seen improvements from what uve been doing.... and 7lbs is agreat kickoff, well done G.....but u gotta realise that ur bodys adapting to less food & less carbs and after a prolonged period of eating like crap beforehand, you will definetley see results, sometimes dramatic in the first 4 weeks.....as ur body adjusts to the limited cals & cardio, ur weightloss will plateau...and the only way ull lose more is by cleaning up & gettin down to business.....
Stay determined and keep goin, no matter what, the great thing about dieting is that u can actually see results week to week and itll inspire your progress....but when things slow down, reconfigure the game plan & ask questions....

bro, EVOO & balsamic is awesome on a salad, but a serving of salad dressing wont kill u completely if its carb content is low enough to meet ur requirements for the day....
Try kick out as much dairy as u can,, if cheese keeps u sane, so be it, but remember....itll cost at some point....its the same with cheat meals/ cheat days....whatever...theres loadsa methods and theyve worked for loadsa different peeps.....but at the end of the day, u gotta pick one ur comfortable with for 14weeks and run with that mothafucka till the end....kickin & screamin till its all over and the dust has settled on a physique u know uve worked for.....

keep killin sarge.....

AMEN! Once you get your diet down and know how to pre-plan your meals, this rest is cake!

I work 12 hr shift(prepare my meal the night before), basically during lunch breaks I just stay there. I bring in a mini-cooler (lunchbox) with all my meal in it. Tuna, eggs, cup of soup, veggies and even a jug of water, etc. Thankfully we have a microwave and a Frig at work.

15 lbs down .... 9 lb to go!

SgtFatBoy
12-10-08, 11:54 am
Ok so i took Violator's suggestions and cut the sausage and bacon out of my breakfast after he suggested it.

This morning i weighed and had dropped 4 more lbs since Monday, for a total of 11lbs. Thanks guys for all the advice. I am actually enjoying doing this for a change i would like to get down to what i need to be and be healthy and with all the info you guys have given me, it helps.

Thanks again

Dan

machineman
12-10-08, 12:42 pm
awsome job, Sarge....just keep at it...the longer you do it, the easier it becomes....

SgtFatBoy
12-10-08, 12:46 pm
awsome job, Sarge....just keep at it...the longer you do it, the easier it becomes....

Thanks, yeah its gotten so much easier now that the first week, they ordered pizza for lunch for everyone today and i was that dont even sound good going to find a salad wtih some grilled chicken on it.

depratercm
12-10-08, 12:50 pm
Ok so i took Violator's suggestions and cut the sausage and bacon out of my breakfast after he suggested it.

This morning i weighed and had dropped 4 more lbs since Monday, for a total of 11lbs. Thanks guys for all the advice. I am actually enjoying doing this for a change i would like to get down to what i need to be and be healthy and with all the info you guys have given me, it helps.

Thanks again

Dan

Awesome, Congrats ... keep up the great work ... it's can be hard at time, but the end results are more then worth!

SgtFatBoy
12-10-08, 2:23 pm
Hey guys, on my cheat meal for the week what do you guys think about Sushi? I know that besides the carbs, i mean you have fish, seaweed, cucumber, and etc. What do you guys think. Are you suppose to have a cheat meal or a cheat day with Keto? I have read several different things about it.

violator
12-11-08, 1:09 am
congrats bro!...4lbs is 4 lbs....and the weight will keep droppin....
glad to see u dropped that sausage & bacon....& sorry about comin off strong in my last reply....but if u wanna see RAPID fat loss like u said u wanted in the beginning, then this is really the only way....keep it clean.....

sushi is fine for a cheat meal, i know the big man Ox mentioned he loves that shit....

Since ur following ox's diet...cheating should be limited to 1 meal per week...the last meal of the day, same day every week.....
i know some sites suggest an entire cheat day, but i dont think thats a good thing, to many carbs will throw u outta keto...but from just the 1 meal, i found that i still woke up the next day in keto and had a bit of xtra energy for my workout the next day.....so my advice to you would be have 1 cheat, & have whatever u fuckin want man....if u want a big greasy pizza, fuck it...chow that shit....just be careful u dont stuff urself and get bloated....trust me, its a nasty feelin......some cats claim the ethos that the cheat should be healthy carbs etc, not junk food....but personally i think its up to the individual, i just ate shit for a couple of my cheats & found them to be fine.....its up to you G.....

Keep that fat loss comin man!

SgtFatBoy
12-11-08, 12:10 pm
congrats bro!...4lbs is 4 lbs....and the weight will keep droppin....
glad to see u dropped that sausage & bacon....& sorry about comin off strong in my last reply....but if u wanna see RAPID fat loss like u said u wanted in the beginning, then this is really the only way....keep it clean.....

I am glad you came off strong cause it got me to drop sausage and bacon quick, that is why i came and posted this thread because everyone or most everyone knows a heck of lot more than i do, so it was a good thing, anything helps, helped me loose and extra 4lbs then screw sausage and bacon. Thanks man

D

SgtFatBoy
12-12-08, 3:01 pm
Another question, actually two, how many carbs will actually kick you out of keto, say on my cheat meal, should i still watch out and stay like under 15-30 carbs, what about during the week, if you eat a piece of onion in a salad on actident, i guess what i am asking is how touchy is the ketosis?

Also what do you guys think about splenda, i have been putting it in tea and coffee for two weeks now i here it actually has less than a gram per packet of carbs, is this enough if i have say 4 packets in my tea, or should i try to get some stevia? And do i have to order stevia or can i buy it at the store?

SQUAT or DIE!
12-12-08, 4:31 pm
Another question, actually two, how many carbs will actually kick you out of keto, say on my cheat meal, should i still watch out and stay like under 15-30 carbs, what about during the week, if you eat a piece of onion in a salad on actident, i guess what i am asking is how touchy is the ketosis?

Also what do you guys think about splenda, i have been putting it in tea and coffee for two weeks now i here it actually has less than a gram per packet of carbs, is this enough if i have say 4 packets in my tea, or should i try to get some stevia? And do i have to order stevia or can i buy it at the store?

it varies from person to person, some its very few carbs and some people can get away with having over 30+ a day..

i think i heard that splenda and keto are a no go..

SgtFatBoy
12-30-08, 11:17 am
Just figured i would give an update, overall eveything has been going good, except for the holidays and my birthday, i kinda cheated, well cheated, so i am jumping back on track, i have got burned out on eggs, an other suggestion for keto for breakfast? i can barly stomach them doiwn now. Thanks for the help.

Later guys