PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Kludwig64
11-12-08, 1:15 pm
my current split contains a chest/tricep day and a back/bicep day. does it make sense to do it that way or am i over working my bi's and tri's and should consider doing a chest/bicep and back/tricep split?

AFTazz06
11-12-08, 1:32 pm
Why not bis and tris one day, chest and back another day? if i'm going to work 2 muscle groups i usually work the ones that are close to eachother. keeps it simple.

Aggression
11-12-08, 2:13 pm
There's a lot of options bro. Chest/Tris + Back/Bis, Chest/Bis + Shoulders/Tris, Arms on their own day, whatever works man.

J.Damico
11-12-08, 2:56 pm
To give your muscles the maximal workout and the maximal rest period hit the "pulling muscles" (back, bis,traps) one day and the "pushing muscles" the other(chest, shoulders, tris) works the best for me... everyone is different...and of course mix it up keep your body guessing

Factory
11-12-08, 3:11 pm
my days are usually:
chest & calves
quads, sometimes I do hamstrings here sometimes on back day
back
shoulders, forearms
bi's tri's

gotta find out what works for you.
personally I could never do back and chest in the same day, I'd be in the gym for 4 hours...
find out what works best for you, switch it up every once in a while, you might find something you like better.

Your probably a bit tired when your doing tri's right now, at least I am when I do chest & tris same day, so I don't really do it like that anymore, cause its a pretty big tri preexhaust.

Aggression
11-12-08, 3:12 pm
personally I could never do back and chest in the same day, I'd be in the gym for 4 hours...

amen

Kludwig64
11-12-08, 6:22 pm
my days are usually:
chest & calves
quads, sometimes I do hamstrings here sometimes on back day
back
shoulders, forearms
bi's tri's

find out what works best for you, switch it up every once in a while, you might find something you like better.

Your probably a bit tired when your doing tri's right now, at least I am when I do chest & tris same day, so I don't really do it like that anymore, cause its a pretty big tri preexhaust.

yea sometimes there were days where i couldnt even get through my entire tricep routine because they were jus so beat up. today i did chest/bi's and felt pretty good after wards. tomorrow ill do back/tri's and see how i feel with that.