PDA

View Full Version : Moving Out of the Womb

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 3:02 pm
So, the time has finally come. I'm 19 as it be and have been lifting for maybe a year and a half. To be honest, 6 months of serious lifting and eating. Over this short time I believe I have found my calling. Although i'm no big *ucker, I feel it coming one day. A new chapter for me starts jan 1, 2009. I'm moving out of home sweet home, on to south minneapolis, MN. Dark, dirty place but I need to be on my own and it is nearer my school (University of Minnesota). I've already found a gym nearby, a little Snap Fitness. Cheap, small and 24h/d, just what I need. My problem lies here...

I don't have many people in my life who understand what I do or why I do it. My parents smile and look the other way. My older sister typically laughs and says "well, good luck". The ex-gf would condescendingly say "that's so cool tal!". My friends say "quit bein' a *** dude, chicks and booze lets go!". My point is, I come here because I know it is an unknown family of mine that breathes the cold air I breathe and walks the muddy path I walk. It's a place where a permanent understanding of this game isn't too much to ask. It's a fucked up idea that the one place I can come to feel at home is a virtual link between computers. I accept it nonetheless.

I'm not here begging for support but rather to be heard. Typing this out and hitting "Submit New Thread" will loosen the load instantly. It may be crazy that the only thing that can make me feel better is posting a forum, hoping to be heard by the only people I respect, yet do not know in person. But here I am, and I owe you all my thanks for making this an easier transition.

Aggression
11-12-08, 3:21 pm
So, the time has finally come. I'm 19 as it be and have been lifting for maybe a year and a half. To be honest, 6 months of serious lifting and eating. Over this short time I believe I have found my calling. Although i'm no big *ucker, I feel it coming one day. A new chapter for me starts jan 1, 2009. I'm moving out of home sweet home, on to south minneapolis, MN. Dark, dirty place but I need to be on my own and it is nearer my school (University of Minnesota). I've already found a gym nearby, a little Snap Fitness. Cheap, small and 24h/d, just what I need. My problem lies here...

I don't have many people in my life who understand what I do or why I do it. My parents smile and look the other way. My older sister typically laughs and says "well, good luck". The ex-gf would condescendingly say "that's so cool tal!". My friends say "quit bein' a *** dude, chicks and booze lets go!". My point is, I come here because I know it is an unknown family of mine that breathes the cold air I breathe and walks the muddy path I walk. It's a place where a permanent understanding of this game isn't too much to ask. It's a fucked up idea that the one place I can come to feel at home is a virtual link between computers. I accept it nonetheless.

I'm not here begging for support but rather to be heard. Typing this out and hitting "Submit New Thread" will loosen the load instantly. It may be crazy that the only thing that can make me feel better is posting a forum, hoping to be heard by the only people I respect, yet do not know in person. But here I am, and I owe you all my thanks for making this an easier transition.

At one point or another, we've all found solace in here my brother. Start a journey, and we'll follow you to where ever it is you want to end up; with support, critique, advice and wisdom. That's what we do here.

InkdMuscle
11-12-08, 3:29 pm
I hear ya bro. moving to a place where no one knows ur name or who u are can be tough. But stick to your guns and your "calling" and sooner then u know it. you will have made some training partners to slang the iron around with. But like u said untill then. You have your Family here on the FORVM.

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 5:46 pm
Thanks boys. Good to know I've got a family here. I'll try to get my "journey" up as soon as possible.