PDA

View Full Version : Need to clear my mind..

FireFighter85
11-12-08, 6:05 pm
Anyone ever think back on the past and compare to the future? Well, I was workin the other night and couldnt fall asleep... so as my partner snored away I sat there thinkin for hours.. It crazy how shit works out... when I first started workin out I was 18 and I fell in love.. I was 5'7-8 180 with a nice set of tits, now Im 5'10 190 and really considering competing and Im beginning my life of helping others.. Back in high school I got bitched at for my grades not being enough, for drinking, whatever... now I have figured my shit out somewhat and yet I still get bitched at.. Now I get bitched at or catch shit for how much I eat, the supplements I take how much I work out, the books I read (arnolds encyclopedia, flex).. It all blows my mind because no matter what people do someone else criticises them.. All I want is respect. I give it to everyone else until they disrespect me and I think that should be the standard with everyone show respect. The really fucked up thing I often think when someone disrespects me in the gym usually older people that glare, Is that not only am I doing this for myself but for them.. Who would you want running in to drag your unconscious ass out of your burning home? someone that busts there ass in the gym to be as strong as possible? to reach goals that seem impossible? or some asshole that is more worried about lookin cool or using the FF line to get a chick... show some fuckin respect, I let you work in I smile when look up at me.. RESPECT maybe Im one of the few left but that is probably one of the things in life that matters most to me.. I apologize if this doesnt make sense.. got a ton of shit thats been building up and startin to affect my workouts had to let it out... or some of it..

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 6:25 pm
Don't hold back man. Let it all our here before it affects your workout.

We all have to deal with disrespect, whatever the reason or whom it's from. My solution is to tell them to fuck off (in my mind) and just ignore them. I know in my heart, and forgive me if this sounds cocky, that I am better than them. If they've got a problem, than it is just that, their problem, not yours. Just smile at their disapproved face and continue reppin'. The end.

Psycho77
11-14-08, 8:24 am
Just go ahead and type it out bro. Lots of people here understand where our coming from (me included) coz we've been there before or are still in the middle of it. I've had so much disrespect from the gym, at home and from friends about lifting that I just calloused and numb about it all. Tunnel vision bro, keep your eye on the prize and shun everything else. Let it go bro, just lift and vent it all out in the gym.

FireFighter85
11-14-08, 8:57 pm
see usually I can get it all out in the gym, forget about everything and focus on nothing but the lift.. but thats the fucked up thing lately its just one thing or one asshole after another. Its shitty when you get so pissed you cant focus on the lifting, all youre thinkin about is throwing the bar at the fucker thats glaring, staring or doing whatever hes doing.. and then the drama outside the gym. thats a whole other pile of shit. Immature people at work that are older than you yet act younger than you or females that play stupid games.. cant think of anything else right now... got some sweet potatoes cooking so everythings gravy right now, If I left anything out feel free to chime in.

NWSaint
11-15-08, 11:28 pm
RESPECT maybe Im one of the few left but that is probably one of the things in life that matters most to me

FF!!

Respect is my personal creed of life.. it's what life is about.. people can like me or dislike me, no matter, just as long as there is respect is all that really matters, and vice versa.. Always, and I mean ALWAYS be about respect, never let that go, cuz once you do then karma will kick your ass so badly you won't know what happened.. and if the people your around don't show it back, well then F'm, you got your own ground to hold.... keep holdin' it!

NWSaint.

diesel1976
11-16-08, 1:36 am
Normal people just cant understand our lifestyle, so they disrespect you out of fear of the unknown, of the misunderstood. Being a wolf in a world full of sheep, the herd wants to pull you back when you start to pull away, it is the natural way of things. Let them glare, let them not understand your goals, as long as you strive for what you want, fuck em.

Brick By Brick
11-16-08, 2:12 am
see usually I can get it all out in the gym, forget about everything and focus on nothing but the lift.. but thats the fucked up thing lately its just one thing or one asshole after another. Its shitty when you get so pissed you cant focus on the lifting, all youre thinkin about is throwing the bar at the fucker thats glaring, staring or doing whatever hes doing.. and then the drama outside the gym. thats a whole other pile of shit. Immature people at work that are older than you yet act younger than you or females that play stupid games.. cant think of anything else right now... got some sweet potatoes cooking so everythings gravy right now, If I left anything out feel free to chime in.
Personally, I don't give two shits what anyone thinks of what I do. I have a little boy and a family to care for, and I train to make myself as ready as possible for what may come when I'm at work. I had my buddy Ed tell me when I was taking my Pak after lunch to "be careful with that stuff, or you'll start looking like a guy." I explained to him it was just vitamins, and only other illegal stuff could do that to me, but, he doesn't mean any harm. People don't get it. They want to drag you down to their level. Imagine being a female doing rack pulls with 400 plus lbs. Everyone is looking. But I have goals and shit to get done, and don't have any time for the peanut gallery to bring me down. Fcuk the haters and the critics. Do what you gotta do, bro, only you can do what needs to get done.

FireFighter85
11-19-08, 1:16 am
yeah... It just gets tough sometimes... Especially when you have no real workout partner, my workout partner and friend that actually got me in to workin out is in the navy and will be getting out next summer....but doesnt seem like hes really to interested in workin out, which Im goin to assume that its another change since the new girl. It gets tough being self motivated especially the more I consider competing because that just means I scrutinize myself even more than I ever have before... which I guess could be a good thing but also comes with more pressure.. as if I dont have enough trying to get on a dept. and worry about gettin a loan to start medic etc. not to mention my boss is a unprofessional coward so I now have to worry about money. My strength has been seeming to increase and my legs are startin to grow... now to focus on my fuckin shoulders and chest...

Ashley_Brand
11-19-08, 1:23 am
hang in there... you'll always have stuff like this.
Maybe they're just curious. (well, not all but maybe some...) I find that people who I think are glaring and being rude after a few weeks or so are coming up to me asking for advice. So hang in there, keep you head up, and don't give them any piece of you. They'll come around... and who cares if they don't. You've got all of us :)

TinyHulk
01-17-12, 1:23 pm
Hey brother...I'm the same way u get my respect till u disrespect me...I work at Walmart and get shit on daily....I work in pets and I am constantly slinging 50 pound bags of dog food and people stop and stare and make fun of me for being able literally throw it around like its nothing..all the other male workers are intimatated by me and all the woman workers just stare at me like a peice of meat. I just think of Arnold's six rules mostly rule 3 ignore the naysayers....stay strong man...

Kowboy
01-17-12, 1:57 pm
I hear you bro, I constantly get shit for the supplements and reading. It is mostly from my wife, parents, family doc and I just don't get it. I think that is why I am still the way I am. I get zero support other than from this site. It is hard sometimes to feel alone but that is what it is for me. I have made a lot of friends here at animal and this is what is finally getting me going. Let it off your chest, it does help. If you ever need a chat hit me up.