PDA

View Full Version : How deep does your fire burn?

Carpe Diem P.T
11-12-08, 6:44 pm
if you were alone on a deserted island with no one there to encourage you, or mock you or praise you when you finally do succeed, would you still lift then? No one would care how you look or how strong you were, would it all still matter to you?

Mackk
11-12-08, 6:50 pm
Once I had a secure supply of foods, drinkable water, and shelter, I would probably still lift if for no other reason than to kill boredom and remain in good physical shape in such a unpredictable environment.

Cellerator65
11-12-08, 6:51 pm
lifting makes me happy

futurefreak101
11-12-08, 7:20 pm
my fire burns fucking deep thats all i kno. and yes if i was on a deserted island id still lift cause i would be bored as shit and i like to beat the shit out of myself. shit as long as i had my ipod...a fuck ton of food ...and weights to lift i would love life..i wouldnt have to worry about paying bills or shit like that...i would basically be living my dream but no1 would see me but who gives a shit

InkdMuscle
11-12-08, 7:27 pm
lifting is what i use to to feel normal. it brightens my day when i feel like crap. and it gives me hope and something to strive for. I will always lift as i am able too.

Hola Bola
11-12-08, 7:45 pm
if you were alone on a deserted island with no one there to encourage you, or mock you or praise you when you finally do succeed, would you still lift then? No one would care how you look or how strong you were, would it all still matter to you?

I would still lift random logs, rocks, and coconuts, but probably add in more endurance stuff like running & swimming since my survival might depend on it.

Carpe Diem P.T
11-12-08, 7:55 pm
I would still lift random logs, rocks, and coconuts, but probably add in more endurance stuff like running & swimming since my survival might depend on it.

good call hola. It all becomes practical strength doesnt it. Who says you wont come face to face with one of mothers natures nasties. I would love to go toe to toe with a grizzly bear and feel confident that im gonna knock that pansy out ;)

Psycho77
11-12-08, 8:27 pm
I'll do light lifts first, work on my cardio, breathing and endurance. Work on my swimming and diving. The father I swim and the deeper I dive, the bigger the fish I can catch, I'll eat it all, protein galore. I'll lift logs and uproot trees. Swim, train, lift will be my daily grind. For when the day comes, I'm gonna swim my ass out of that island and onto some populated beach like Miami and be the biggest freak every to come out of the water.

Aggression
11-13-08, 12:21 pm
Simply put: YES and YES

IRN-NML
11-13-08, 12:37 pm
I'd probably try to get the biggest primate tamed and trained enough to be around and then try to teach him how to spot. Downside is, like some training partners, he'd just want to monkey around.

If survival required some lifting, it'd be important.

SeP
11-13-08, 6:24 pm
in a survival situation no, because if I am having a hard time securing a food source it would do me absolutely no good to deplete my energy sources with no way of replenishment. if I had food and stuff then yes so I could get big and strong and swim those 200 miles back to the city :D

Young_Gun
11-13-08, 9:39 pm
This is what being an Animal is all about. Its how we act when no one is watching that defines our integrity. We don't lift balls-to-the-wall for the chicks. They come on their own. And we sure as hell down eat those mountains of food just to impress Joe Schmoe. We do it because its what we love. Even if no one ever saw the blood and sweat. It's what keeps us sane at the end of the day. We do it because we're Animals.