PDA

View Full Version : Quick, stupid question.

sodapop
11-12-08, 9:24 pm
Hey, guys.
I have a hard time swallowing pills, due to a really bad gag reflex. :( My question is, I guess I can chew the solid pills, but can I like break open the capsules and take the powder inside or whatever?

Thanks.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-12-08, 9:27 pm
Hey, guys.
I have a hard time swallowing pills, due to a really bad gag reflex. :( My question is, I guess I can chew the solid pills, but can I like break open the capsules and take the powder inside or whatever?

Thanks.

well the pills are supposed to be time release if i rememebr correctly, and if you can handle the taste of the powders of some of the pills you are creazy...

sodapop
11-12-08, 9:28 pm
well the pills are supposed to be time release if i rememebr correctly, and if you can handle the taste of the powders of some of the pills you are creazy...

Well, that's really my only option, so I'd deal with it. I chew motrin and stuff, haha.

shizz702
11-12-08, 9:30 pm
Just take em one pill at a time brotha. The pak pills are chelated for time release and are meant to be swallowed, you can crush them or chew them but I wouldn't recommend it. Just ease into the swallowing of them and your throat will eventually adjust.

sodapop
11-12-08, 9:31 pm
Bleh. Guess I'll have to learn to swallow pills better, heh.
Thanks for the replies, guys.

shizz702
11-12-08, 9:35 pm
Bleh. Guess I'll have to learn to swallow pills better, heh.
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Shit bro myself, and everyone else here I assume, didnt' just start downing the pak in one gulp. I started out taking it one pill at a time and within the span of my first can worth before I knew it I was taking the whole pak in a gulp or two. Just give it a little time and I gurantee the same will happen with you.

Feel The Power
11-12-08, 9:44 pm
for capsules I am ok, but the bigger pills in the PAK it takes me alot of water and I do have to take em one at a time. You just get used to it. I wish I could be badass and take em all at once, but can't. It works the same either way I'm sure.

ghost
11-13-08, 8:41 am
dude, you are 17... you should not be on anything pill form... all you should be worrying about is eating your family out of house and home.

Enforcer
11-13-08, 8:49 am
Hey, guys.

Thanks.

Yes, you can chew the pills, but good luck with the taste. You can open up the capsules and mix the contents with your shake. Don't ground the pills up before you take them because this can cause them to lose their potency. Also keep in mind that Pak can be taken throughout the day if you can't take all 11 pills in one sitting. Just divide the pills up into groups and take them a different times of the day with a meal.

Factory
11-13-08, 8:50 am
dude, you are 17... you should not be on anything pill form... all you should be worrying about is eating your family out of house and home.

I agree. protein powder, maybe a gainer & more food than your parents can afford. That's what I did, and I'm having trouble passing the plateau I was at when I was 17... Guess I was eating more back then...

ghost
11-13-08, 8:57 am
I agree. protein powder, maybe a gainer & more food than your parents can afford. That's what I did, and I'm having trouble passing the plateau I was at when I was 17... Guess I was eating more back then...

if you are hitting a plateau.. take a step back and re-evaluate your diet, and your training... and then hit that shit harder than before.

sodapop
11-13-08, 6:13 pm

I don't plan to start taking Animal supps for a few months. I just wanted to ask while I remembered to.