PDA

View Full Version : Milk and Egg is finishing up...

andrewT
11-14-08, 10:47 am
Hey all,

I currently use Milk and Egg pre bed. Is there anything else universal has that would be better for me to pick up instead?

I use it with milk, it kinda mixes sucky, but I like the way it tastes and the clumps taste yummy (chocolate) haha. The thing is, I order online and the prices are getting higher while the dollar is down to the US one again. Should I just buy some cottage cheese? do I even need a pre bed meal?

I totally agree with pre bed shakes, but on some other forum a huge ripped dude said that it is just "bro science". Also if anyone knows where I can get the bulk sizes like 20 or 30lb I would be very interested!

Thanks

andrewT
11-15-08, 3:17 pm
Anybody?

Freakshow
11-15-08, 3:30 pm
Hey all,

I currently use Milk and Egg pre bed. Is there anything else universal has that would be better for me to pick up instead?

I use it with milk, it kinda mixes sucky, but I like the way it tastes and the clumps taste yummy (chocolate) haha. The thing is, I order online and the prices are getting higher while the dollar is down to the US one again. Should I just buy some cottage cheese? do I even need a pre bed meal?

I totally agree with pre bed shakes, but on some other forum a huge ripped dude said that it is just "bro science". Also if anyone knows where I can get the bulk sizes like 20 or 30lb I would be very interested!

Thanks

I am assuming you are bulking?

andrewT
11-16-08, 10:08 am
Yes sir I am on a bulk

Indomitable Will
11-20-08, 5:28 pm
Also if anyone knows where I can get the bulk sizes like 20 or 30lb I would be very interested!

Thanks

DPS Nutrition has the 20 pounders for 119.99. I did the math once, I think it was like 50 cents cheaper per pound compared to the 3.5 lb jug. I also like the chocolate milk and egg pro. I do the same thing, drink it before bed, except I ran out and also need to get more. I wish I could afford to get a 20lb'er. There's something about the texture of the shake that I really enjoy. Thought it tasted kinda weird at first, but now I love it.

andrewT
11-21-08, 9:46 am
I am assuming you are bulking?

SO if I not bulking should you drop shakes before bed?

Aggression
11-21-08, 11:18 am
The choice is up to you. I usually do a Milk&Egg shake before bed w/ some Nat. PB. But there are also a few times during the week where I'll have a solid meal before bed. Do whatever is better for you. What do you feel more comfortable with?

naturalguy
11-21-08, 11:41 am
Specialized protein for lean mass is a great choice

Dingo
11-21-08, 11:59 am
my current pre bed meal, not shake, is 6 large eggs (2 whole, 4 whites) and 4-6 ounces precooked ground beef precooked, tossed into the eggs for a hamburger omlette, washed down with 8oz milk and 4 uniliver tabs.

Freakshow
11-21-08, 12:16 pm
SO if I not bulking should you drop shakes before bed?

No, I was just trying to figure out what to recommend.

Like naturalguy said, Specialized Protein for Lean Mass/Dieters is great. I use 2 scoops of the chocolate flavor before bed.

If you were bulking, I would say Real Gains too, but that could get expensive.

andrewT
11-30-08, 3:40 pm
Cool,

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't get it until now because the subscription thing on my options messed up. I am thinkin of trying out the specialized protein for lean mass, but milk and egg is cheaper and I am in Canada so it is kinda a toss up right now!

teethoflions
12-02-08, 10:42 am
you people actually like milk and egg? to each his own but jesus christ. Ive bought it on2 occasions from bodybuilding.com and on each occasion, the chocolate was not at all chocolate-y and it tastes like a shaker full of dead ass. im trying to stomach my way through it right now. does it do its job. yes it does, if i take it before bed i sleep like an angel and dont wake up with hunger pangs. but im very surprised seeing has im assuming this is how its supposed to taste and the only other universal product ive ever had that tasted terrible, was LAVA. LAVA was worse then milk and egg. has anybody else experienced this with milk and egg or lava?

just my 2 cents. no matter what shakes i try, it always comes back to ultra whey pro and Real gains. for the taste, value, and quality of product.

andrewT
12-02-08, 10:57 am
you people actually like milk and egg? to each his own but jesus christ. Ive bought it on2 occasions from bodybuilding.com and on each occasion, the chocolate was not at all chocolate-y and it tastes like a shaker full of dead ass. im trying to stomach my way through it right now. does it do its job. yes it does, if i take it before bed i sleep like an angel and dont wake up with hunger pangs. but im very surprised seeing has im assuming this is how its supposed to taste and the only other universal product ive ever had that tasted terrible, was LAVA. LAVA was worse then milk and egg. has anybody else experienced this with milk and egg or lava?

just my 2 cents. no matter what shakes i try, it always comes back to ultra whey pro and Real gains. for the taste, value, and quality of product.

Do you mix with water? mix it with milk and it tastes good imo(not to mention extra casein). At first it was weird but after like 2 shakes I started to like it. Now I miss the taste of it!

Aggression
12-02-08, 11:00 am

I'm drinking Milk&Egg at night. You're right, the taste is horrible. But the way I always looked at things were, "If it tastes bad or smells bad, it works'' haha