PDA

View Full Version : Life.Lessons.Wounds.Scars.Iron....my philosophy

diesel1976
11-15-08, 3:18 am
diesel1976 here to share with all who care to read it, my life, past, present, and future as it pertains to the fire that burns hot within me, that fuels my drive and love of the iron game and the game we all play, known as life. On my journey, I occasionally get off on some random thoughts about anything and everything, so when I discovered this section I thought this would be a more fitting place to contain those rants. Ill have alot to say here as my mind runs nonstop and I love philosophy and the sociology of life in the gym. To start off with, here is some thoughts I had yesterday while dining with my 21 year old training partner after our workout.

We were discussing why so many people in the gym, and in life, feel the need to tear others down as a means to lift themselves up. So much of this bullshit goes on in our gym, it sickens me sometimes. Why cant others be happy for the success of their brethren in the gym, be modest of their own triumphs, and extend a helping hand rather than a harsh word. I am by quite a bit the biggest and strongest guy at our gym, I say this not to brag, it is a small pond that I occupy and there is ALWAYS someone bigger and stronger waiting in the wings, I say this because I try to lead by example, I try to help anyone who legitimately needs it and I enjoy seeing others prosper. I started training with the Kid a few months ago because I could see his desire to succeed and a work ethic in need of direction. I have watched him gain 8 pounds and get stronger and stronger and I could not be happier for him. Some of the other fellows, whom I referenced earlier, see his success and try to pick him apart instead of picking up their own games to his level. This shit infuriates me. I have seen it for years and suspect I will see it forever, but I find it sad
when someones success breeds others jealousy. I am truly happy to be part of this forvm, where true iron warriors get behind one another and offer advice, motivation, and when appropriate congrats on a hard days work. Thanks for being here all.

Until next time....

diesel1976
11-15-08, 3:43 am
I have done alot of thinking the past week about doing the bodybuilding show and Ive come to the conclusion that tomorow's, they never come, gotta live for the now and I could be planning for the next show for the rest of my life. I must live for now, tomorrow isnt guaranteed and prepping for a show is a journey, its life, and its a noble pursuit. I stumbled into my first strongman contest a year after finishing playing college football, I went with a friend and just entered it and did it as a cockstrong farmboy and got hooked and did it for 7 years. Bodybuilding is a different kind of animal because the diet is 24/7 thing and its not just the see food diet I used for strongman. Throw in the cardio, just another thing I didnt have to worry about before. Training fuckin hard is something Ive been doing since I was 12 years old and that will never change...thats the easy part. All these sports are noble pursuits and I am testing my mettle by throwing in my hat in yet another of these sports. It starts today! Time to see what this old man is made of.

This past year I have had one consistent thing, training. I have had alot of bad shit go on in my personal life. I was engaged and that fell through after 6 years, got in some minor trouble with the law acting up after the breakup and shits been harder than I could ever remember. Now is the time to up the ante and focus on somthing harder and nobler,throw myself into this, my entire being and enjoy the journey for every painstaking moment. Out of the ashes and ruins rise the phoenix. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

diesel1976
11-15-08, 3:45 am
Thoughts and ponderings...falling into madness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is so chaotic. I love the feeling of training, feeling the cold steel, something so concrete, so real, the weight either moves or it doesnt, its beautiful in its simplicity. Cardio, you either do it or you dont, it boils down to you and whether you want it or not. Eating is your 24/7 job, if you really want to accel, you have to be on top of it every minute of every day. There is a simplicity to it, but the desire that has to be there has to come from deep within the individual and no one else can make you do it. You can have a great support system which is necessary for descending into a state of single minded madness. The people on this board are part of that for me, they are a lifeline to share what goes into the day to day grind of this sport we love. And inthis insomnia induced post I thank you for sharing this journey of dedication and desire we all share

Brick By Brick
11-15-08, 3:55 am
Thoughts and ponderings...falling into madness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is so chaotic. I love the feeling of training, feeling the cold steel, something so concrete, so real, the weight either moves or it doesnt, its beautiful in its simplicity. Cardio, you either do it or you dont, it boils down to you and whether you want it or not. Eating is your 24/7 job, if you really want to accel, you have to be on top of it every minute of every day. There is a simplicity to it, but the desire that has to be there has to come from deep within the individual and no one else can make you do it. You can have a great support system which is necessary for descending into a state of single minded madness. The people on this board are part of that for me, they are a lifeline to share what goes into the day to day grind of this sport we love. And inthis insomnia induced post I thank you for sharing this journey of dedication and desire we all share

Great, great stuff, D. I was thinking the other day when I was doing squats about that make or break moment when you either push the weight back up, or decide it won't happen, and put it down. The people on this board can be that little voice in our head that screams GET THAT SHIT!! PUSH IT UP!! when the moment of truth hits you in the gym. We do it because we're one percenters, because we want to be more tomorrow than we are today. No matter what you achieve, it's never enough. That is what drives us.
Keep the thoughts coming, this is good stuff.

diesel1976
11-15-08, 4:03 am
Faith

There will always be adversity, pain, despair, and rifts in our existence that make us all, at one time or another, want to throw up our arms and say, Fuck it All. Weve all had these moments, but what separates animals, in the true spirit of the site, is our unwavering ability to persevere, and continue in the face of truly overwhelming odds. Something keeps us going through these times, for me its Faith; faith that I am strong enough, smart enough, tough enough that I can endure the times until they get better, Faith in God (for me, not trying to start religious debate), and in some odd way faith that the iron never changes. Pushing the iron has always remained the same, for 20 years now, weight is always the same weight, the cold bar always feels the same, bare hands or chalked. Training and challenging the weight is something that has gotten me through the best of times and the worst of times...like I said, its consistent...and never giving up, even when shit looks insurmountable, is hard to do sometimes but never lose the faith. Whatever the word means to you, know it will sustain you through anything and so will the iron, whatever your game.

Thanks for enduring my rantings...

All the Best,

diesel1976
11-15-08, 4:05 am
Great, great stuff, D. I was thinking the other day when I was doing squats about that make or break moment when you either push the weight back up, or decide it won't happen, and put it down. The people on this board can be that little voice in our head that screams GET THAT SHIT!! PUSH IT UP!! when the moment of truth hits you in the gym. We do it because we're one percenters, because we want to be more tomorrow than we are today. No matter what you achieve, it's never enough. That is what drives us.
Keep the thoughts coming, this is good stuff.

You said it brick. I will keep them coming, I love to write, rants, thoughts, and even articles in the past. This is the place to bring it.

diesel1976
11-15-08, 4:06 am

We all have goals...we all make plans to achieve these goals and we all have to persevere through the curveballs life throws at us. A high inside pitch comes in from life, you hit the dirt, GET UP, dust yourself off and continue to take of business. This is how it has to be. Success is all about being able to take obstacles as they come and getting back on trail as soon as possible without losing your fucking way. Keeping focus while outside forces test your mettle, your resolve, is what separates the freaks from the wannabes, the self made men from the bums. My resolve is being put to the test every day lately and it has just thrown gas on the fire that is the daily hustle and grind I call my life. Im hustlin to find another job, a better one, Im hustlin to hit PR's and hit heavy and hard every time, Im hustlin to eat clean and do my cardio, hustlin to be a man, a good man, a man I can see in the mirror eye to eye and respect. Our existance is what we make it, pushing it every day or watching the seconds, minutes, hours, and days pass us by....the choice is all of ours...but the way I see it, there aint no choice...Carpe Diem!

diesel1976
11-15-08, 4:58 pm
What does living the life mean to me? Ive been asking myself this question alot lately. My life has changed dramatically lately, not to mention over the past year or so. The one thing I have always had, always counted on, never failed to do, is lift heavy weights. No matter how convoluted my life has gotten at times, I have ALWAYS lived the life. It has been one of the only constants in my life. Strength is a product of living the life, not just physical strength, but the kind of mental and emotional strength that sustains us through the worst of times. Living the life and understanding what it took to succeed at the iron game as a young man taught me a lot of valuable life lessons. Having the drive to push oneself in the gym to the breaking point is a drive that I have harnessed and used to succeed in many other area of my life. Having the burning desire and determination it takes to be a success in the iron endeavor translates well into life in general. The thing about this game is it boils down to our own inner desire and wants and only the individual can make things happen or watch life pass them by. The iron game fans the flames of the embers of desire into a fire that makes us all get up and be players, to take our endeavors to the breaking point, to suceed at life. You cant be weak of heart to suceed at this game, to live the life means to push the grind, every day of your life, to gain that inch, that 1% every day. To all of you who live this life, I salute you...

Carpe Diem P.T
11-15-08, 4:59 pm
nice and easy to read. you arent pushing the same old 'iron warrior, blood, sweat, determination' shit that everyone tries to scribble up after being inspired by the likes of the journey or machine.

Im currently designing a tattoo with carpe diem in it. Its also my business name.

I like your use of the word hustlin. Gives the post a real street feel anyone can relate to. It makes it that little bit more gritty.

diesel1976
11-15-08, 5:07 pm
nice and easy to read. you arent pushing the same old 'iron warrior, blood, sweat, determination' shit that everyone tries to scribble up after being inspired by the likes of the journey or machine.

Im currently designing a tattoo with carpe diem in it. Its also my business name.

I like your use of the word hustlin. Gives the post a real street feel anyone can relate to. It makes it that little bit more gritty.

Thanks Carpe Diem, good luck on that tattoo. I am addicted to them.

I used the word hustlin because that the word that has always come to mind when Im after something or pushing for something in life. I feel it best describes how I felt.

Brick By Brick
11-15-08, 5:11 pm
Thanks Carpe Diem, good luck on that tattoo. I am addicted to them.

I used the word hustlin because that the word that has always come to mind when Im after something or pushing for something in life. I feel it best describes how I felt.
Hustlin is a great word. "Hustlin" by DJ Khaled is a great song, "Every day I'm hustlin, every day I'm hustlin..." True, true.

diesel1976
11-19-08, 4:24 am
Sitting here in the throes of insomnia, vis a vis, Tyler Durden in Fight Club, I decided to write about my take on the bulk.

Bulking increases the size of the tank that we exist in. To truly become bigger we must increase the literal dimensions of our current bodies, like moving a fish to a bigger tank. To force our bodies out of the homeostasis that it likes to stay in we must take on the uncomfortable task of force feeding ourselves with a surplus of calories, the likes of which our bodies are not comfortable with dealing with, this can be and is an uncomfortable experience. With the excess of calories and the extra joint lubrication this type of eating gives us allows us to train with bigger weights, compound movements, and added volume which also forces our bodies to adapt to a stimulus. At this point the eating allows us to provide more stimulus by training in more intense manner at which point more and more feeding is necessary to supply the body with the bricks it needs to build your muscle and power your workouts. Over a period of time, the human body will adapt by getting bigger and stronger, but to keep these gains over time, one must hold this newfound muscle for a period of time for thebody to build its support systems up to sustain this new size.

This being said, of utmost importance is allowing your body to lay claim to the new muscle, to make it yours, to permanize it. The longer you can hold on to your new size, the longer your body has to capillarize the new muscle, make it a more functional, more permanent part of you. Support systems allow your body to more easily support your new muscle, and keeping what we worked so hard to get by training hard and force feeding ourselves for so many months is what its all about.

After holding onto your new found muscle mass, like the fish gets bigger when its put in a bigger tank, your body can more easily support its new size and maintaining it becomes easier and easier until that is your new homeostatic set point; in other words the weight in which your body is now comfortable staying at. One can become a MUTANT over years and years of doing this. Just my 2 cents Y'all.

B Con
11-19-08, 7:46 am
Great philosophy of the bulk... I prefer the Hermit Crab example where the crab moves into a bigger shell :)

The Sun
11-19-08, 9:51 am
Sitting here in the throes of insomnia, vis a vis, Tyler Durden in Fight Club, I decided to write about my take on the bulk.

Bulking increases the size of the tank that we exist in. To truly become bigger we must increase the literal dimensions of our current bodies, like moving a fish to a bigger tank. To force our bodies out of the homeostasis that it likes to stay in we must take on the uncomfortable task of force feeding ourselves with a surplus of calories, the likes of which our bodies are not comfortable with dealing with, this can be and is an uncomfortable experience. With the excess of calories and the extra joint lubrication this type of eating gives us allows us to train with bigger weights, compound movements, and added volume which also forces our bodies to adapt to a stimulus. At this point the eating allows us to provide more stimulus by training in more intense manner at which point more and more feeding is necessary to supply the body with the bricks it needs to build your muscle and power your workouts. Over a period of time, the human body will adapt by getting bigger and stronger, but to keep these gains over time, one must hold this newfound muscle for a period of time for thebody to build its support systems up to sustain this new size.

This being said, of utmost importance is allowing your body to lay claim to the new muscle, to make it yours, to permanize it. The longer you can hold on to your new size, the longer your body has to capillarize the new muscle, make it a more functional, more permanent part of you. Support systems allow your body to more easily support your new muscle, and keeping what we worked so hard to get by training hard and force feeding ourselves for so many months is what its all about.

After holding onto your new found muscle mass, like the fish gets bigger when its put in a bigger tank, your body can more easily support its new size and maintaining it becomes easier and easier until that is your new homeostatic set point; in other words the weight in which your body is now comfortable staying at. One can become a MUTANT over years and years of doing this. Just my 2 cents Y'all.

You are the living example.
Bulk into a HULK.
on this for the rest of the ride.

rob_in_korea
11-19-08, 7:18 pm
Great posts diesel.

-Rob

diesel1976
11-20-08, 2:15 am
You are the living example.
Bulk into a HULK.
on this for the rest of the ride.

Great posts diesel.

-Rob

Thanks guys, I hope this stuff brings some kind of enrichment to your lives.

Thrawn
11-24-08, 10:42 am
Pressed for time now, but SUBBED.
Will do a proper checkup soon.

shizz702
11-24-08, 10:53 am
I don't know how I missed this, but you know I'm in for the ride now D! Tremendous writing here brotha, your mindset and lifestyle is what ANIMAL is all about!

Thrawn
11-27-08, 7:28 am
Well, did my checking as i promised.
GOOOOD stuff in here, big man. I especially love your take on the bulk. Outstanding read.
I just love the part where you have that period you break a lot of PR's. Then it stops for a while. You eat, you rest, you train. Size is gained, but not automatically stronger yet. At some point you are coming up to par with your new bigger size. Comfortable. THEN the body also is able to move the bigger weights. PR shower once again, but not necessarily gain in size. SO once again a plateau will form up and it starts all over again. (At least, this is how my body appears to work)
Let this cycle repeat untill freaky power and/or huge size is YOURS.

diesel1976
12-13-08, 6:28 pm
I don't know how I missed this, but you know I'm in for the ride now D! Tremendous writing here brotha, your mindset and lifestyle is what ANIMAL is all about!

Thanks shizz, your are quite an animal yourself. I was living this animal lifestyle before I even knew what animal is all about, but thats why I feel so at home here.

Well, did my checking as i promised.
GOOOOD stuff in here, big man. I especially love your take on the bulk. Outstanding read.
I just love the part where you have that period you break a lot of PR's. Then it stops for a while. You eat, you rest, you train. Size is gained, but not automatically stronger yet. At some point you are coming up to par with your new bigger size. Comfortable. THEN the body also is able to move the bigger weights. PR shower once again, but not necessarily gain in size. SO once again a plateau will form up and it starts all over again. (At least, this is how my body appears to work)
Let this cycle repeat untill freaky power and/or huge size is YOURS.

That is exactly what I was trying to get across in that writing. Im glad your see what I am saying from personal experience. Gonna add another one today, hadnt been in to update this in awhile due to the madness of life.

diesel1976
12-13-08, 6:37 pm
Lately my life has been through a lot of ups and downs and its forced me to take a look at risk and what a big thing it is in life. I had been laid off for the first time ever in early November, I had lived quite some time without meeting anyone of interest to me of the female persuasion, and training had stayed good but I realized once I was training with Justin that risk plays a huge part in the gym. Since all this I had a great trip to Washington, met a girl there I really like, and started a ironwork business with a couple friends, I have been taking life risks like crazy lately but as I have said before no risk = no rewards.

In the gym, one has to take calculated risks in trying new PR's, whether its a huge weight for a single or repping a weight till you fall over in exhaustion. Without risk, we would never shoot for the big weights and the new goals we all strive for, it takes heart and guts to go after that which once seemed impossible. Without the presence of risk, we would never go out on a limb for a new PR or a new job or a long distance relationship in my case, some of these risks may not work out but you have to operate outside your comfort zone to move ahead in life. To all of us that strive for more in all areas of our lives every day, I salute you.

shizz702
12-13-08, 6:47 pm
Very well put D. Nothing in life worth anything is gonna come without some kind of sacrifice. You've got to step up and take risks cause shit sure as hell ain't gonna happen on its own.

Glad to see you got some good prospects going right now and I wish you the best of luck with them.

diesel1976
12-13-08, 9:37 pm
Very well put D. Nothing in life worth anything is gonna come without some kind of sacrifice. You've got to step up and take risks cause shit sure as hell ain't gonna happen on its own.

Glad to see you got some good prospects going right now and I wish you the best of luck with them.

Thanks shizz.

The Sun
12-14-08, 2:11 am
With a great risk comes the glory.
Good read D.

Thrawn
12-14-08, 6:15 am
Excellent post, diesel!! The truth right there!
To add a personal note to your post, if you dont mind: for me the risk factor is what makes me appreciate things. We all have those little scars and dents from failed attempts. It is exactly THOSE memories that make succesfull attempts that much sweeter. If there would be no price to pay in attempting anything, the reward would just not be as great. To me. Period.
Keep posting this stuff, brother. Excellent read.

diesel1976
12-15-08, 12:54 am
With a great risk comes the glory.
Good read D.

Thanks Sun, glad people are enjoying this.

Excellent post, diesel!! The truth right there!
To add a personal note to your post, if you dont mind: for me the risk factor is what makes me appreciate things. We all have those little scars and dents from failed attempts. It is exactly THOSE memories that make succesfull attempts that much sweeter. If there would be no price to pay in attempting anything, the reward would just not be as great. To me. Period.
Keep posting this stuff, brother. Excellent read.

Thanks Thrawn, I love to write, maybe I should try to submit an article sometime. Thanks for the feedback man, I appreciate it.

diesel1976
12-30-08, 2:40 am
"I dont know what to say really....3 minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives, all comes down to today. Either we heel as a team, or were gonna crumble...inch by inch, play by play till we crumble. Were in hell right now, gentlemen... b elivev me and we can stay here or we can fight our way back, into the light, we can climb out of hell...one inch at a time. I made every wrong choice a middle aged man can make...I pissed away all my money, Ive chased off anyone who has ever loved me....and lately I cant even stand the face I see in the mirror. When you get old in life, things get taken from you, thats part of life, you only learn that when you start losing stuff, you find out life is game is a game of inches...so is football, cause in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small.
The inches we need are everywhere around us, there in every break of the game, every minute, every second. In this team we fight for that inch, we tear ourselves and everyone around us apart for that inch......because we know when we add up all those inches thats gonna make the difference between winning and losing between living and dyiing!!!! In any fight, its the guy willing to die thats gonna win that inch. I know, if Im gonna have any life anymore, its because Im still willing to fight and die for that inch! BEcause Thats What LIving is, the six inches in front of your face.................." Al Pacino's character in On Any Given Sunday

Thats a long quote from the Movie, On Any Given Sunday. I listen to this on my dvr before I train quite frequently, if this doesnt get you motivated, nothing will. I watched it before I trained tonight, and it got my wheels spinning on the drive to and from the gym. I am going to share my thoughts with some personal experiences on this subject.

There has been times, some fairly recently, I have not been able to stand the face staring back at me in the mirror. Times when things felt hopeless, times where I looked like a beaten old man in that mirror, but never have I given up, even when your in hell, the fighter inside us, will still claw for that inch, keep scrapping until we have climbed out of hell. Personally, for me, weights, nutrition, even cardio and the focusing on clawing for those precious inches of progress have kept me sane and on track for the rest of my life when things have gotten fubar. If nothing else, I have control over whether or not I train, or eat right and fighting for those precious gains or inches has kept the train on the rails when everything else had gone to hell.

Fighting for that inch, has never failed to see me re-emerge from the depths, shit can and will always go bad now and then, but as said earlier, If Im gonna have any life anymore, I have to be willing to fight and die for that inch. If have that life in me, I will always be able to respect the man looking back at me from the mirror, if I ever lose that fire, life has been extinguished. The past year of my life has been a travel through hell up until a couple months ago, I climbed out by taking risks, taking things into my own hands, making my own luck and fighting for those inches in every facet of my life. The only thing that remained constant was destroying the weights. I can respect the man I see in the mirror for not giving in when all odds looked stacked against me.

We have all faced a PR in weight that has been a real struggle to obtain, for me its that elusive 405 pound overhead press I have been chasing for a month now. The trainee that is willing to fight, struggle and die under that weight will persevere and succeed. The warrior mentality, tearing ourselves to pieces for that inch or two of sticking point will result in stonger animals. Never give up, never accept failure, never stop clawing and fighting for that inch. We push ourselves to the brink on a daily basis in here, I respect all you iron warriors for what you put yourselves through with joy every day. We are not normal, we are animal.

Just wanted to share those thoughts with anyone who cared to read it.

prowrestler
12-30-08, 2:50 am
i like

quote from mudvayne

..."fuck an inch cause im bringin a mile"

Psycho77
12-30-08, 5:45 am
Holy sh*t Matt.

That post lit a fire in me that's burning so strong now. Its so hard to keep holding back now. I want to tear up the weights tom, hard and heavy. Screw the rib and just bite down on a towel if the pain gets worse.

Imagine an F-14 Tomcat on the deck of the carrier, revved up to max with afterburners held down by a cable. Soon enough somethings gotta give.

Powerful writing. Thanks for sharing Matt.

The Sun
12-30-08, 8:45 am
I just had to copy-paste the Inches speak to my facebook. couldn't ignore it.
thanks for this D. , makes me wanna shout to the whole world that nothing's gonna stop me.

B Con
12-30-08, 8:48 am
Hell yeah Matt. You may think I am Bullshitting with you but that quote from AGS is one of my absolute favorites. Like you I also listen to it... A LOT. It has helped motivate me when I really don't feel like doing anything. I really think it is filled with TRUTH as life is all about inches. By inches, I mean anything that can change at the drop of a hat. It's all about inches and choices. Your post really hit home with me as I am in that same boat 90% of the time.

shizz702
12-30-08, 9:14 pm
Very solid post D, I can totally relate. No matter how hard life gets we've got to keep pressing on. The iron will always be there, keeping you grounded and preventing that fine line of sanity and insanity. I don't even want to know where I'd be if I didn't have it to take all my frustrations and stress out on. It's as if chasing those gains and PR's makes life worth living, and even if that's all I got, at least I have that. Those inches eventually turn into miles, as long as you have the patience and perseverance to push inch by inch, you will reach your goals. That big 4 wheel press is all yours and I can't wait to see it, please get it on camera!

rob_in_korea
01-01-09, 8:54 am
Awesome inspirational post diesel. I know that 405 overhead press will be yours soon. Mine as well......in a few years.

-Rob

Thrawn
01-02-09, 4:46 pm
Just what i needed to read, Diesel!! OUTSTANDING post. That 405 overhead press will not know what hit it the next time you try it. THROW it UP, brother. KEEP AT IT. It WILL go up. Sooner or later.
I have hit a few hard workouts myself. Weights are not bad, still busting some PR's, but the feeling is not there and i am inconsistent as fuck. BUT i am NOT giving in AND keep paying my dues. That is all that counts. Keep doing work. In good times and bad times.

diesel1976
01-04-09, 1:42 pm
i like

quote from mudvayne

..."fuck an inch cause im bringin a mile"

I like that too pro!

Holy sh*t Matt.

That post lit a fire in me that's burning so strong now. Its so hard to keep holding back now. I want to tear up the weights tom, hard and heavy. Screw the rib and just bite down on a towel if the pain gets worse.

Imagine an F-14 Tomcat on the deck of the carrier, revved up to max with afterburners held down by a cable. Soon enough somethings gotta give.

Powerful writing. Thanks for sharing Matt.

My pleasure Mike. Glad it got you fired up

I just had to copy-paste the Inches speak to my facebook. couldn't ignore it.
thanks for this D. , makes me wanna shout to the whole world that nothing's gonna stop me.

Glad to be of service ;D

Hell yeah Matt. You may think I am Bullshitting with you but that quote from AGS is one of my absolute favorites. Like you I also listen to it... A LOT. It has helped motivate me when I really don't feel like doing anything. I really think it is filled with TRUTH as life is all about inches. By inches, I mean anything that can change at the drop of a hat. It's all about inches and choices. Your post really hit home with me as I am in that same boat 90% of the time.

Life is amazing that way Burt, not surprised to see we share that feeling.

Very solid post D, I can totally relate. No matter how hard life gets we've got to keep pressing on. The iron will always be there, keeping you grounded and preventing that fine line of sanity and insanity. I don't even want to know where I'd be if I didn't have it to take all my frustrations and stress out on. It's as if chasing those gains and PR's makes life worth living, and even if that's all I got, at least I have that. Those inches eventually turn into miles, as long as you have the patience and perseverance to push inch by inch, you will reach your goals. That big 4 wheel press is all yours and I can't wait to see it, please get it on camera!

Yes shizz, your right, it does add up to miles....

Awesome inspirational post diesel. I know that 405 overhead press will be yours soon. Mine as well......in a few years.

-Rob

Yes, young man, you will get there, Persevere brother.

Just what i needed to read, Diesel!! OUTSTANDING post. That 405 overhead press will not know what hit it the next time you try it. THROW it UP, brother. KEEP AT IT. It WILL go up. Sooner or later.
I have hit a few hard workouts myself. Weights are not bad, still busting some PR's, but the feeling is not there and i am inconsistent as fuck. BUT i am NOT giving in AND keep paying my dues. That is all that counts. Keep doing work. In good times and bad times.

We are kindred spirits Thrawn.

here2learn
02-05-09, 11:08 pm
We were discussing why so many people in the gym, and in life, feel the need to tear others down as a means to lift themselves up. So much of this bullshit goes on in our gym, it sickens me sometimes. Why cant others be happy for the success of their brethren in the gym, be modest of their own triumphs, and extend a helping hand rather than a harsh word. I am by quite a bit the biggest and strongest guy at our gym, I say this not to brag, it is a small pond that I occupy and there is ALWAYS someone bigger and stronger waiting in the wings, I say this because I try to lead by example, I try to help anyone who legitimately needs it and I enjoy seeing others prosper. I started training with the Kid a few months ago because I could see his desire to succeed and a work ethic in need of direction. I have watched him gain 8 pounds and get stronger and stronger and I could not be happier for him. Some of the other fellows, whom I referenced earlier, see his success and try to pick him apart instead of picking up their own games to his level. This shit infuriates me. I have seen it for years and suspect I will see it forever, but I find it sad
when someones success breeds others jealousy. I am truly happy to be part of this forvm, where true iron warriors get behind one another and offer advice, motivation, and when appropriate congrats on a hard days work. Thanks for being here all.

i know u wrote this a while ago diesel but, i get that same feeling today...
ok im not a big guy, but im training hard to get there. and atm lifting weight
ive never done before. I respect the bigger guys and wat they have accomplished with there body, at the same time ive been training my body a different way which doesnt necessarily mean i will get bigger from it. (tennis training) but some dudes are so short sighted they only see my frame and thats it.

cheers diesel

-Dave

xMATT182x
02-06-09, 2:59 am
It's a great note man, I have a lot of respect for the animals and you've cased it completely in your thoughts. We all need to fight, and if we don't that shows it's not worth fighting for.