PDA

View Full Version : close grip with a curl bar?

futurefreak101
11-15-08, 10:29 am
i dont understand the meaning of doing close grip with a curl bar for tricepts? isnt it the same as doing close grip bench press? confusion..yes..help.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-15-08, 10:35 am
i dont understand the meaning of doing close grip with a curl bar for tricepts? isnt it the same as doing close grip bench press? confusion..yes..help.

same theing as Close grip, itll just put your hands a different angle...

futurefreak101
11-15-08, 10:36 am
same theing as Close grip, itll just put your hands a different angle...

ok thanks...never understood the point of that.

sanga
11-15-08, 11:05 am
Now lets throw a spanner in the works and decide what works best, elbows close to sides or elbows flared out?

prowrestler
11-15-08, 11:10 am
Now lets throw a spanner in the works and decide what works best, elbows close to sides or elbows flared out?

to the sides every time on the bench no matter what grip

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-15-08, 11:18 am
close to the sides if ur a powerlifting bencher, well as best you can anyways, but for close grip it dont matter to me

Tiny
11-15-08, 12:12 pm

Yeah, it's the angle of the dangle - some guys prefer the angle of grip with a cambered bar because the straight bar hurts a wittle.

Tiny
11-15-08, 12:16 pm

Elbows in (during close-grips) if your primary intent is to stimulate or stress the triceps; elbows out, however, will give you a really interesting contraction in the pecs (now, decline just a little bit and you actually have a useful decline "bench" type movement - otherwise, I leave decline benching outside in the dumpster along with hammer curls and so forth).