PDA

View Full Version : It was 1 year ago today...

Hoomgar
11-15-08, 4:06 pm
I saw my home boy Mr. Dead do this. He joined 1 day ahead of me last year. So today is my day.

1 year ago today I joined this awesome F O R V M and it has changed my life! And that is no shiz people. I'm a different person today from who I was when I signed up here a year ago.

Lot's a sweat has been pured out...

Pain, pleasure, frustration, success, aggravation, injuries, recoveries, records have been shattered, goals have been missed and goals have been met and some have been surpassed. Growth has taken place, not just muscle tissue, but my mind, my soul, I've learned, I've grown and I've become what I am today in no small part of thanks to this place, the invaluable information, the awesome brotherhood of people as well as the help I've received using the worlds best supplements and learning to use them correctly.

Yet in all of this, so much of what has transpired, I haven't even come close to "arriving". I'm still green, still in the need to know so many things, always learning, growing, getting bigger, stronger and more confident with every day.

Those of you who know me know that my trademark saying is that "Progress is like climbing stairs"... my brothers and sisters of the iron, I feel that today I have climbed up and I am finally standing on the first step. There are so many more to go. I am looking forward to every one of them. May there be no end!

People grow older, it's a fact of life. Most sit around and age while they let their bodies fall apart and decay. I may not be front cover material for the latest GQ mag and certainly not worth posting a picture of me in any of the muscle trade rags, but...

I am not going to sit around and die a slow death of denial as so many that have gone before me have. When they plug this old guy in the ground on my final day, the morticians are going to look at each other when they set themselves to embalm my body and say "he sure was one heck of a muscular fit old guy wasn't he?".

Live your life to the fullest, take each day by the horns and steer it with purpose, with passion. Look down on no one, help everyone you can. Go to bed each night with a smile on your face and your heart filled with joy knowing that this day, you gave it your best, and tomorrow, Lord tarry, you will do even better!

Progress really is like climbing stairs, lift, eat sleep, repeat...

Who's up for round 2?!!!

Hg

deanna7272
11-15-08, 4:34 pm
So glad that you are here, and I have had the chance to "meet" ya!! I can't wait to see ya at the Arnold!!

This place makes us BETTER.... In all ways, the lifestyle brings us closer to those that live it. Remember, we're not perfect... What a boring life it would be IF we were... What would we strive to be?? Everyday is a learning and growing experience!!!

Thanks for all the support you've given me whether you know it or not, you've helped me through some tough times...

Keep your focus, keep your drive.. You are an ANIMAL through and through...

ML&R....
~D~

pmug0000
11-15-08, 4:55 pm
I joined about a year ago too - 11/11/07, and I feel exactly the same as you. I've made some huge changes since then, I'm a solid 50lbs. heavier and about the same BF% so I've definitely made some progress, but like you said I'm still "green" and I've got a lot to learn. Year 2 should be a good one.

Carpe Diem P.T
11-15-08, 5:10 pm
good shit bud. i just passed my 1 yr too. we should have all had a combined party ;)

zanderfever
11-15-08, 5:22 pm
Hg, happy anniversary. You've done a ton of work and from the small progressions that I have been lucky enough to see, its truly an honor to have been in the same gym with you, the same forum. You've helped me and you're one of the better people out there.

Now, theres a whole new year to get to that 2nd anniversary. How about you do some work, progress, and do what you need to reach year number two with everything better than now? You can do it. It isn't anything you haven't done before.

BiG in NYC 823
11-16-08, 7:21 am
HG!!!

1 Glorious year buddy!!

You are a true testament to this animalistic lifestyle my friend!!...

I may not be front cover material for the latest GQ mag and certainly not worth posting a picture of me in any of the muscle trade rags, but...

I am not going to sit around and die a slow death of denial as so many that have gone before me have.

...^^ good shyt..

Giant Killer
11-16-08, 9:04 am
HG you are good people bro.

Hoomgar
11-17-08, 11:18 am
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to another year of progress. I'll be starting a new journey before the year ends to take me to the end of 2009.

Hg

McFly
11-17-08, 1:55 pm
DING DING DING ROUND 2

that's my boy HG!!!!!!

John-TNS
11-19-08, 7:02 pm
lift, eat, sleep, repeat is the name of the game! Well put bro

Hoomgar
11-20-08, 9:10 am
DING DING DING ROUND 2

that's my boy HG!!!!!!

You know it big bro, there is work to be done!

lift, eat, sleep, repeat is the name of the game! Well put bro

It's what we do my man. Like G Diesel says: "Bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow"

Good stuff...

Hg