PDA

View Full Version : Detox?

MyTime08
11-16-08, 6:29 pm
Anyone know any good natural ways to clean out the body? I need a fresh start, thanks brothers.

Aggression
11-17-08, 11:27 am
Anyone know any good natural ways to clean out the body? I need a fresh start, thanks brothers.

Never really gave that idea a thought up until recently. There's plenty of OTC cleansers for the colon and stuff like that. I don't know how effective they are, but I guess you'd just have to try it out and see ...

DayDream
11-18-08, 1:08 pm
I recently posted this it should be exactly what your lookin for, good luck.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21930

InkdMuscle
11-18-08, 2:06 pm
check out your local supplement shop. I hit mine up and got a detox kit for 20bucks. It was a seven day and it was pill/liquid. Dont worry it wont give u butt sludge lol, well at least mine didnt. After that i actually felt really good.

osiris
11-20-08, 9:31 am
Detox is such a load of crok.
Thats why we have kidneys, to filter toxins from our body. If toxins remaind in our bodies (as detox products claim) we'd be pretty f*ck pretty quickly, as anybody who had a kidney infection can attest to.

The best advice ,I think, is to just keep drinking your water to help your kindneys do the job

... just my thorts

Peace
OSIRIS

Big Wides
11-20-08, 10:09 am

If your looking for a detox from supps then just stop taking them for 2-3 weeks. For food eat a good amount of fiber and keep your food sources clean.

Cstlfx
11-25-08, 12:28 pm
Basically what a detox program consists of is a lot of fiber and some other herbs to help organ functions. Pak has almost all of these herbal supplements. Had no idea until I read the label.

Drink a lot of water and grab a fiber supplement, take your pak, and you'll have yourself a detox.

Tifferzzz
05-07-09, 5:49 pm
I need to find a great non-starvation detox diet. Something that covers every part of the body. I just got back from getting my body worked on, and my therapist told me that I have a lot of buildup of un-necessary things in my muscles. I need to do some sort of full-body flush, but not anything like Isagenix. I did that - and lost 10 lbs of muscle on it.

Any recommendations?

SQUAT or DIE!
05-07-09, 6:09 pm
well drink tons of water for one thing..

just look around online, and do a bit of research... none come up off the top of my head..

GJN5002
05-07-09, 6:37 pm
fiber and water with a clean diet for the GI tract, build muscle cleanse? No idea..sauna maybe?

Offerstoff
05-07-09, 9:19 pm
Can't find it right now, but I know some certain herbs and spices can assist with detox, and definately drink a ton of water. For a basic skin detox you can try hopping in a really hot sauna for as long as you can possibly stand it, then dive in a pool of water to rinse off, and back in. Repeat a few times. Might assist with the muscles as well.

And just from curiosity, any idea what are the specific buildups?

Fknwcko
05-07-09, 10:15 pm
Well you don't have to starve yourself but, you can try intermittent fasting, or a juice fast...you won't lose much or any muscle because catabolism doesn't kick in for a long time.

adidas
05-08-09, 8:13 am
Inspired by Vince Gironda

Fasting
When you've been eating heavily over long periods of time, a heavy buildup of mucus accumulates in the intenstinal tract, preventing proper digestion and absorption of your food. When you feel bloated and lethargic and the gains have stopped, it's time to "clean out" with a five-day intenstinal cleansing program. Take a psyllium seed product like Mutacil according to the instructions below:

Day One - Drink water, fruit, and vegetable juices only. Drink one tablespoon of psyllium seed product in a glass of water, followed by a second glass of water, three times daily and befor ebed. Also take one tablespoon of amino acid three times daily.
Day Two - Same as first day.
Day Three - Same as first day except add clear broth or boullion.
Day Four - Same as third day except add heavier soups, Jell-O, yogurt, and custard pudding.
Day Five - Same as fourth day except add light solid foods, soft eggs, etc.
Slowly add heavier foods before returning to your previous diet. If you were on a high protein diet with large supplementation dosages and you wish to detoxify further, you would go on a total vegetarian diet for one week. This will give the system a chance to rejuvenate itself.

when I do it, I use only three juices prune, grapefuit (100%), & tomato juice. one for breakfast, lunch, then dinner.
I only use veggie broth
for soup I use the new box/cartonn cambells soups...like brocolli or Sweet red pepper.
Jell-o I use pure gelatin mixed with grapefruit juice & honey. very tart! but tastes great.
and a plain yogart or plain FF yogart (NO ADDITIVES! the shit should just say cultured yogart in the ingrediants)

for the one week veggie diet I continue with prunes and prune juice, yogart and add in grapefruits and pineapple (fresh) along with ample amounts of spinach and romain lettuce.

and BB.com has several good options for liquid amino's...try to avoid those that have excess carbs in it though. 0-5g per tbls is all that should be present.

typical wt loss will be around 3-6lbs I have noticed.

InkdMuscle
05-08-09, 12:10 pm
You can go to any supp shop and they will have a section on body detox. They have ranges for muscle detox which is a 7day cleanse. or a full body with liver which is a 30day detox. It usually consists of some type of powder u are mixing with 8oz of water and some pills. I did the muscle detox 7day and it was 20$. After I took it i felt my sups after that kicked in overtime. =D

Madcat
05-08-09, 12:12 pm
Super fast IT cleanse, get a gallon of Prune juice, and drink 1/2 sit on toilet for 1/2 the day, drink some pedialyte and then repeat. Game over, but you feel awesome after.

G Diesel
05-08-09, 12:21 pm
Inspired by Vince Gironda

Fasting
When you've been eating heavily over long periods of time, a heavy buildup of mucus accumulates in the intenstinal tract, preventing proper digestion and absorption of your food. When you feel bloated and lethargic and the gains have stopped, it's time to "clean out" with a five-day intenstinal cleansing program. Take a psyllium seed product like Mutacil according to the instructions below:

Day One - Drink water, fruit, and vegetable juices only. Drink one tablespoon of psyllium seed product in a glass of water, followed by a second glass of water, three times daily and befor ebed. Also take one tablespoon of amino acid three times daily.
Day Two - Same as first day.
Day Three - Same as first day except add clear broth or boullion.
Day Four - Same as third day except add heavier soups, Jell-O, yogurt, and custard pudding.
Day Five - Same as fourth day except add light solid foods, soft eggs, etc.
Slowly add heavier foods before returning to your previous diet. If you were on a high protein diet with large supplementation dosages and you wish to detoxify further, you would go on a total vegetarian diet for one week. This will give the system a chance to rejuvenate itself.

when I do it, I use only three juices prune, grapefuit (100%), & tomato juice. one for breakfast, lunch, then dinner.
I only use veggie broth
for soup I use the new box/cartonn cambells soups...like brocolli or Sweet red pepper.
Jell-o I use pure gelatin mixed with grapefruit juice & honey. very tart! but tastes great.
and a plain yogart or plain FF yogart (NO ADDITIVES! the shit should just say cultured yogart in the ingrediants)

for the one week veggie diet I continue with prunes and prune juice, yogart and add in grapefruits and pineapple (fresh) along with ample amounts of spinach and romain lettuce.

and BB.com has several good options for liquid amino's...try to avoid those that have excess carbs in it though. 0-5g per tbls is all that should be present.

typical wt loss will be around 3-6lbs I have noticed.

Not sure I could do it... But Gironda was a genius and way ahead of his time.

Peace, G

Paulie3576
05-08-09, 1:53 pm
Light content foods. Fish, potatoes, oatmeal. Antioxidents. Lots of water. Acai juice. cranberry juice. things to flush your system...

Just keep in mind. Your not gonna get clean in a week. It took time for you to build that crap up. Its gonna take time to clean it out.

Make a lifestyle change and eat better for your body.

Tifferzzz
05-08-09, 1:56 pm
You guys are awesome. I don't much care for going to the local GNC and saying 'hey - what's the best you have?' because, honestly they'll point me to a GNC product - and hell if I know if it's really the best.

I'm a Fast Oxidizer, so my body processes carbohydrates uber quick. Therefore if I do juice or anything without protein by itself, it slams my insulin and takes me two days to recover. So my diet consists of 50% Protein, 30% Carbs, 20% Fat - generally - it sometimes varies, but definitely more protein than carbs. I've noticed through a long period that my supplements haven't been working half as hard as they used to, that I get more energy from protein than from carbs, that I'm more lethargic, and less prone to wanting to work out. This obviously produces a problem in that - I have a competition in a month - so detox is probably the best idea. If you have anymore detox ideas, please post. I'm going to review a few and then just go for it. I do like the one that was posted by adidamps2, so I may do that.

Thanks.

Tifferzzz
05-11-09, 3:51 pm
Light content foods. Fish, potatoes, oatmeal. Antioxidents. Lots of water. Acai juice. cranberry juice. things to flush your system...

Just keep in mind. Your not gonna get clean in a week. It took time for you to build that crap up. Its gonna take time to clean it out.

Make a lifestyle change and eat better for your body.

I eat really clean. Meat, fruit, vegetables. No starches / Grains. The buildup I think comes from a lack of stretching as well as an over-indulgence of supplements.

ironshaolin
07-21-09, 3:15 pm
Anyone hear of isagenix?

My Sensei is a distributor, says it does wonders for making you healthy when you periodically detox and cleanse your body. He wants to make me a distributor, says its a good way to make some extra cash on the side. Only catch is, its important to walk the talk and do the cleanses myself. So, I'm thinking about doing it once every 2-3 months. The training program I'm on right now has 1 week de-loads every 4 weeks, I was thinking about turning the de-load into a 9 day cleanse, then go back to eating big and training hard. My idea is that the cleanse might set my body up to be better able to digest massive food coming in, which might in turn enhance my gains.

Tifferzzz
01-14-10, 1:21 pm
I'm opening this in hopes that any past, present or future detox/cleanse combinations will be provided here. As many of you know I've been struggling with various issues, and I am still waiting on the results to figure out if it's a hormonal issue, thyroid issue, so on and so forth. But until then, I figured it can't hurt to do a detox/cleanse.

What brought this about was that I saw a cleanse/detox product that I considered purchasing, but upon reading the reviews, thought twice about it. I'm not asking you to list certain products (since that's against forum rules), but if you have recipes, ingredients, etc., please post below!

Dingo
01-14-10, 1:40 pm
OX had an article about using green apples and olive oil. I personally have not done one, but according to him it worked well. You may want to ask him about it.

Kryptonite
01-14-10, 8:25 pm
Eat raw. Don't buy anything pre made and try to buy organic as much as possible. Also, incorporate various types of natural detoxers and cleansers such as acai, and green tea.

Madcat
01-17-10, 2:25 pm
Seasalt cleanse. My friend in PT school told me about it, I read in depth what it actually does and it sounds legit.

Personally I use prune juice just to clean the intestines, and such linings. About 2-3 times a year is all I can handle but it seems to work nicely.

GJN5002
01-17-10, 6:36 pm
lots of water and fiber

msktyshha
01-18-10, 5:14 pm
don;t waste money on supplements, just grab 2 or 3 bananas and eat them first thing in the water with 2 glasses of water or just blend them together. works great!!! OR eat 7 dates first thing in the morning and you have cleansed yourself!!

GJN5002
01-18-10, 8:16 pm
don;t waste money on supplements, just grab 2 or 3 bananas and eat them first thing in the water with 2 glasses of water or just blend them together. works great!!! OR eat 7 dates first thing in the morning and you have cleansed yourself!!

please explain how bannanas cleanse you

msktyshha
01-18-10, 10:07 pm
potassium dude

msktyshha
01-18-10, 10:16 pm
eating 2 or 3 bananas first thing in the morning was recommended to me by a beauty technician, it has some sort of special fiber called pectin. she also recommended castor oil and she swears by it.

Cstlfx
01-19-10, 12:38 am
Eat raw. Don't buy anything pre made and try to buy organic as much as possible. Also, incorporate various types of natural detoxers and cleansers such as acai, and green tea.

This is a great idea, as many detox/cleanser supplements contain what is in raw foods. So, not only would you gain the benefit of the nutrients, you also get the detoxing effects as well. A week to two weeks of that and you should feel great.

DEADn
01-21-10, 12:01 pm
take pysillium husks once a day and after a few days take a teaspoon in the morning and the evening. There are also some herbal tablets you can get that will help scrub the walls of the intestines. If you get gassy at all take activated charcoal. It helps cut down the gas.

Gilberto
03-10-10, 11:14 pm
There are a lot of detox products that are available in the market nowadays. And most of them help you to detox your body efficiently. It is necessary that you choose a detox product that is well suited for you otherwise you will be experiencing a lot of trouble.

msktyshha
03-11-10, 8:20 pm
castor oil you'll be spilling crap outta your system from your mouth and your behind

Carrnage
07-24-11, 9:46 pm
Hey im looking to really clean out my body, ive been looking at Detox methods, but most of them require 1-4 weeks of eating nothing and drinking mixed herbs/fruits only! Esta loco!!!!!!! Anyone have any experience with detoxing their body? Anyone know any good supplements that do the trick or techniques that doesnt interfere with muscle loss?

Thanks!!

Jay
07-25-11, 2:24 am
Look forward to seeing some responses. Any reason why you are looking into this? I have read that detox systems stress your body. I've read about some that are lighter on the stomach and then others out there that make you feel sick. I know GNC has a few kits. My doc said they arent nescesarry.

BarbellManiac
07-25-11, 2:31 am
Evan wrote this in the recent MD.

"From the time you wake up until the time you go to bed, eat nothing but apples. Try to eat more green than red ones, but both are fine. Drink plenty of water and tea also, if you prefer. Just before you go to bed, drink 2/3 of a cup of warm olive oil an the juice of half a lemon. Chase that with half a can of coca cola (caffeine-free, obviously). Go to sleep and lie on your right side, with your knee drawn up toward your chest. After a few hours, you should wake up and start flushing. This will help clear out your gall bladder and your liver"

If you read it in the MD, then fuck me for writing all that lol

Jay
07-25-11, 2:34 am
Apples.. Interesting I would never have thought of that.

Back To Basics
07-25-11, 4:15 am
Evan wrote this in the recent MD.

"From the time you wake up until the time you go to bed, eat nothing but apples. Try to eat more green than red ones, but both are fine. Drink plenty of water and tea also, if you prefer. Just before you go to bed, drink 2/3 of a cup of warm olive oil an the juice of half a lemon. Chase that with half a can of coca cola (caffeine-free, obviously). Go to sleep and lie on your right side, with your knee drawn up toward your chest. After a few hours, you should wake up and start flushing. This will help clear out your gall bladder and your liver"

If you read it in the MD, then fuck me for writing all that lol

That is EXACTLY what I was going to recommend, haha beat me to it bro !
But seriously, I did this and It worked. Just make sure you follow EVERYTHING to the last detail. Chugging down the olive oil is hard but it's for a good cause so no complaints. Be sure to stick around your house the next day too.

Back To Basics
07-25-11, 4:16 am
Apples.. Interesting I would never have thought of that.

The apples have something in them (Don't know what it's called) that keeps your pipes opened up and softens all the little gal bladder stones. Plus they are a great source of fiber

Bruiser
07-25-11, 7:02 am
That is EXACTLY what I was going to recommend, haha beat me to it bro !
But seriously, I did this and It worked. Just make sure you follow EVERYTHING to the last detail. Chugging down the olive oil is hard but it's for a good cause so no complaints. Be sure to stick around your house the next day too.

Hahaha, I was gonna write that up too. LOL I remember when I first read it in MD I thought it sounded insane. But I can see how every step would work so combining them would be great. I'm looking forward to hearing how this works.

Spastic_Koala
07-25-11, 11:29 am
I don't understand the concept of the half a can of coke and sleeping on your right side with your knee drawn up to your chest. Can someone explain it to me?

Carrnage
07-25-11, 2:44 pm
Thanks for the input fellas!!

Yeah i read that in last months MD aswell! Im thinking of trying that, im really interested in detox supplements, anyone know any that do the trick?

Carrnage
07-25-11, 2:45 pm
Im interested in cleaning my system to achieve a healthier body inside and out, as i have some blood flow problems, and sleeping problems, for example in my upper body i can hardly get a pump, if i do it feels un-natural in a bad way if that makes any sense.

Back To Basics
07-25-11, 6:42 pm
Im interested in cleaning my system to achieve a healthier body inside and out, as i have some blood flow problems, and sleeping problems, for example in my upper body i can hardly get a pump, if i do it feels un-natural in a bad way if that makes any sense.

Shit man, that's unfortunate. I think it's great to cleanse once or twice a year.

Try getting some tablets called Liv-52 (It's not a supplement company relax guys) and since Universal doesn't have a liver cleanser.
From what I've read it works very well to detox your liver, as for your gal bladder and colon try the Evan Centopani Cleanse. I know it sounds whacked out but it works man. Just make sure to eat countless amount of apples and use Extra Virgin Olive oil.
It works like this from what I know - Apples full of fiber and soften the gal bladder stones and keep your pipes opened up more, eventually those stones turn into a sludge at the end of the day and when you slam the Olive oil and Lemon juice both act as a kind of "Super flush" and just wipe out everything in your gal bladder and colon. Drink it just before bed than Lie down on your right side with right knee drawn to your chest, i'm pretty sure when you do that it just allows everything to pass through easily.