PDA

View Full Version : Mass Gain

BigTimCoats
11-16-08, 6:30 pm
I just started training serious again and i really want to take things to a whole new level and i know i cant get there unless i have a very solid meal plan... The only problem is i dont know where to start and i have a very busy schedule with work and school... I was wondering if anyone could help me out designing a plan around these hours.

Wake 6:30
School starts 7:30
10 min break at 9:30
hour break at 11:30
School ends at 2:30

then im off to the gym rite after skool or to work then the gym later at nite
Can anyone help me design a mass gain plan around this with as much whole food as possible?
btw i weigh 160 5'4" and want to get up to 180 so im dedicated to do wats necissary

stumblin54
11-16-08, 6:42 pm
You're looking for foods here or just times to eat them? You have all your breaks listed, you've kind of answered your own question. The only thing I'd recommend is to wake up earlier so you can be sure to get a big meal in every day for breakfast. And remember, it takes preparation and planning ahead to eat right day in and day out

Stumblin

BigTimCoats
11-16-08, 7:29 pm
You're looking for foods here or just times to eat them? You have all your breaks listed, you've kind of answered your own question. The only thing I'd recommend is to wake up earlier so you can be sure to get a big meal in every day for breakfast. And remember, it takes preparation and planning ahead to eat right day in and day out

Stumblin

yea i looking for foods to eat because i know i havnt ben eaten enough so foods to eat at those times would be very very helpful

Pizzalamp
11-16-08, 8:20 pm
I just started training serious again and i really want to take things to a whole new level and i know i cant get there unless i have a very solid meal plan... The only problem is i dont know where to start and i have a very busy schedule with work and school... I was wondering if anyone could help me out designing a plan around these hours.

Wake 6:30
School starts 7:30
10 min break at 9:30
hour break at 11:30
School ends at 2:30

then im off to the gym rite after skool or to work then the gym later at nite
Can anyone help me design a mass gain plan around this with as much whole food as possible?
btw i weigh 160 5'4" and want to get up to 180 so im dedicated to do wats necissary

maybe have a good breakfast at 7
at 930 have a nice shake of protein oats peanut butter and some frozen berries-or u could do some chicken w/ rice and veggies and olive oil
eat lunch around 11:30-some chicken or steak, veggies, rice or potatos
2:30-have a small meal before the gym-maybe a shake or some tuna w/rice potato pasta etc

BigTimCoats
11-17-08, 1:00 am
maybe have a good breakfast at 7
at 930 have a nice shake of protein oats peanut butter and some frozen berries-or u could do some chicken w/ rice and veggies and olive oil
eat lunch around 11:30-some chicken or steak, veggies, rice or potatos
2:30-have a small meal before the gym-maybe a shake or some tuna w/rice potato pasta etc

sounds good wat should i be having for breakfest and after skool how many grams of protein shuld i eat or shuld i just eat everything thats not bolted down

stumblin54
11-17-08, 1:07 am
Sounds like you have some research ahead of you. If you're serious about training you need to be serious about diet too, which includes researching the ins and outs of the foods you need to be eating. There's a plethora of information here and on the animalpak.com website for you, so get reading...and as a rule of thumb for bulking I use, add 500 calories to your maintenance and then go from there.

Stumblin

pedraza
11-17-08, 8:24 am
I would advise you to wake up earlier and eat a big meal as well. i would wake up at 5:00. and your firdt break down a shake, and pre cook some meal for lunch and for after school to eat before you head to the gym. down a shake after you work out and its all on you after that. Good luck bro i started a mass program 3 weeks ago

Aggression
11-17-08, 11:21 am
Sounds like you have some research ahead of you. If you're serious about training you need to be serious about diet too, which includes researching the ins and outs of the foods you need to be eating. There's a plethora of information here and on the animalpak.com website for you, so get reading...and as a rule of thumb for bulking I use, add 500 calories to your maintenance and then go from there.

Stumblin

x2

There are thousands of diets and meal options on this forvm, as well as the website itself. Take some time to read through all this stuff on here, and you'll get your answers. As far as specific foods, if you can kill, or grow it, eat it. Stick to foods that are closest to how they are found naturally (eggs, beef, milk, chicken, vegetables, potatoes, rice)

TheDarkHalf
11-17-08, 3:26 pm
www.google.com

Pizzalamp
11-17-08, 9:00 pm
sounds good wat should i be having for breakfest and after skool how many grams of protein shuld i eat or shuld i just eat everything thats not bolted down

u could have a bowl of oatmeal w/ some fruit and a few eggs for breakfast

just use common sense and eat a decent sized portion of protein at each meal...dont be worried about specific grams of protein etc

good luck!

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 11:12 pm
Was ready to go to bed but I figured i'd throw in my 2 cents for ya. I'll stick with just foods. My foods are very few and simple but effective. When I go grocery shopping this is my exact list (uses in parentheses):

This list includes amounts and also note that this lasts roughly 2 weeks.

-8lbs Sweet potatoes (SO cheap and top notch carbs post workout)

-4x Natural vanilla yogurt (Also for post workout, I mix about 1/4 of the container in my PWO shake. Provides excellent protein and sugars which is what your body desperately needs pwo. Look it up.)

-20 to 30 Cans of tuna (Eat 1-2 cans a day. Good at anytime really. Eat plain with mustard and/or saltine crackers.)

-4x Fat free Cottage cheese (Buy generic brand. Same thing, half the price. I eat this with my tuna meal but you can throw it in whenever. I also use it post workout with my sweet potatoes about 1 hour after the protein powder/yogurt PWO shake.)

-2 bags of Forzen Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast or equivalent to about 7lbs (good at any time during the day but a must at least 1 meal)

-few pounds of Lean red meat and fish (Adjustable to your style. I get a couple pounds of each and sprinkle it in throughout the week.)

-3x large containers of plain oats (again, buy GENERIC, not quaker. Use a coffee grinder to grind them up to nearly a powder and I mix them in water and chug. This is a must unless you can honestly stomach eating a whole cup cooked once or twice a day.)

This raps up my main foods. This is a tried and true menu and very cheap. Totals about 100 bucks, depending on the amount of red meats and fish I buy. About 2-3 of my 8 meals are made up of shakes (#1- Oats shake /w water, #2- PWO shake , #3- Casein protein shake before bed). I'll usually pick up a few extra items, most the time just as experimentations. Anyways, this is probably more than you wanted but I had most the information available as copy/paste in my MicrosoftWord notes. GL brother.

BigTimCoats
11-17-08, 11:29 pm
Was ready to go to bed but I figured i'd throw in my 2 cents for ya. I'll stick with just foods. My foods are very few and simple but effective. When I go grocery shopping this is my exact list (uses in parentheses):

This list includes amounts and also note that this lasts roughly 2 weeks.

-8lbs Sweet potatoes (SO cheap and top notch carbs post workout)

-4x Natural vanilla yogurt (Also for post workout, I mix about 1/4 of the container in my PWO shake. Provides excellent protein and sugars which is what your body desperately needs pwo. Look it up.)

-20 to 30 Cans of tuna (Eat 1-2 cans a day. Good at anytime really. Eat plain with mustard and/or saltine crackers.)

-4x Fat free Cottage cheese (Buy generic brand. Same thing, half the price. I eat this with my tuna meal but you can throw it in whenever. I also use it post workout with my sweet potatoes about 1 hour after the protein powder/yogurt PWO shake.)

-2 bags of Forzen Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast or equivalent to about 7lbs (good at any time during the day but a must at least 1 meal)

-few pounds of Lean red meat and fish (Adjustable to your style. I get a couple pounds of each and sprinkle it in throughout the week.)

-3x large containers of plain oats (again, buy GENERIC, not quaker. Use a coffee grinder to grind them up to nearly a powder and I mix them in water and chug. This is a must unless you can honestly stomach eating a whole cup cooked once or twice a day.)

This raps up my main foods. This is a tried and true menu and very cheap. Totals about 100 bucks, depending on the amount of red meats and fish I buy. About 2-3 of my 8 meals are made up of shakes (#1- Oats shake /w water, #2- PWO shake , #3- Casein protein shake before bed). I'll usually pick up a few extra items, most the time just as experimentations. Anyways, this is probably more than you wanted but I had most the information available as copy/paste in my MicrosoftWord notes. GL brother.

hey man i appreciate the input this is exactly what i wanted thanks for the info

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 11:31 pm
hey man i appreciate the input this is exactly what i wanted thanks for the info

Absolutely ;)