PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Gyms in Central Jersey

Shark52
11-16-08, 9:18 pm
Sup fellas, i figured since animals factory is in New Brunswick that theres gotta be a sick gym or in central NJ that some of the "BIG" guys go to....If there are any where they at? Id like to check them out....
-Sean

IRONADDICT45
11-17-08, 8:34 pm
im from MASS but someday i will train at Diamond gym in NJ, its where they do a lot of the animal shoots and videos, i know a guy who said the place is sick, and shit just look at the environment they have, also i know theres the Bev Francis' golds i think either in NY, and the POWERHOUSE in either NY or NJ is well known to be sick too, wherever you end up...do what we do bro, beat yourself senseless and smile while doing it.

Universal Rep
11-19-08, 1:13 pm
Bumpin'.... There are many fellas here from Jersey. Also, don't forget--hardcore is ultimately a state of mind.

Big Wides
11-19-08, 1:22 pm
Taken from powerliftingwatch.com:

POWERLIFTING GYMS

Carini House of Iron
Pine Brook NJ

Diamond Gym
Maplewood NJ

Dolphin Fitness Club
Sayreville NJ

Elite Fitness Center
Elmwood Park NJ

Fitness Factory Gym
Rockaway NJ

Hanisak Sports Performance
Stewartsville NJ

Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

JM Power Center
Eatontown NJ

Man's World Gym
Trenton NJ

Maxium Fitness
Somerset NJ

Mid-City Gym
Bayonne NJ

Oceanside Wellness & Sport
Egg Harbor Township NJ

Parisi Sports Club
Fair Lawn NJ

Pearl Street Gym
Long Branch NJ

Skiba's Barbell Club
Carteret NJ

South Jersey Garage Gym
Little Egg Harbor NJ

Strong and Shapely Gym
East Rutherford NJ

The Training Studio
Morganville NJ

True Strength Club
Succasunna NJ

World Boxing & Fitness Center
jersey city NJ

Universal Rep
11-19-08, 1:45 pm
See, now there's a list. Thanks BW.

Enforcer
11-19-08, 2:09 pm

POWERLIFTING GYMS

Carini House of Iron
Pine Brook NJ

Diamond Gym
Maplewood NJ

Dolphin Fitness Club
Sayreville NJ

Elite Fitness Center
Elmwood Park NJ

Fitness Factory Gym
Rockaway NJ

Stewartsville NJ

Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

JM Power Center
Eatontown NJ

Man's World Gym
Trenton NJ

Maxium Fitness
Somerset NJ

Mid-City Gym
Bayonne NJ

Egg Harbor Township NJ

Parisi Sports Club
Fair Lawn NJ

Pearl Street Gym
Long Branch NJ

Skiba's Barbell Club
Carteret NJ

South Jersey Garage Gym
Little Egg Harbor NJ

Strong and Shapely Gym
East Rutherford NJ

The Training Studio
Morganville NJ

True Strength Club
Succasunna NJ

jersey city NJ

Here are ones I can personally recommend from Wides' list:

Diamond Gym- I haven't been there yet but have heard nothing but great things and want to make a trip out there very soon
Maplewood NJ

Maxium Fitness- closed down
Somerset NJ

Skiba's Barbell Club- we had an ABC event there and this gym is hardcore to the bone
Carteret NJ

Strong and Shapely Gym- we are having an ABC event here on December 6th if you are free and want to come check it out
East Rutherford NJ

Enforcer
11-19-08, 2:11 pm
Sup fellas, i figured since animals factory is in New Brunswick that theres gotta be a sick gym or in central NJ that some of the "BIG" guys go to....If there are any where they at? Id like to check them out....
-Sean

I train at World's Gym in Dunellen as well as Bridgewater Sports Arena in Bridgewater. Both are hardcore gyms. World's being the more hardcore of the two. Where do you live bro?

naturalguy
11-19-08, 2:18 pm
Good lists so far. Also Muscle Mill in Milltown and Apollon Gym in Edison.

Enforcer
11-19-08, 2:21 pm
Good lists so far. Also Muscle Mill in Milltown and Apollon Gym in Edison.

Muscle Mill is badass, I have trained there a few times now, including one time with the House. It's only about a 8 min. ride from the corporate office.

Gambit
11-20-08, 1:14 am
I'm from Ohio, so my geography of so-called "Central NJ" may be off, but here's my two cents.

I visited a girl I was seeing in college in a small town in NJ. It was a bitch of a drive for me, but it was worth it. She told me her family had gotten me a pass for a week at their gym. It honest-to-god looked like Globo Gym from the dodgeball movie. It made me want to hurl. And I did a little bit.

I couldn't help but bitch a little bit when I was riding back to her house from the gym. So she chimes in, well, there's a hole-in-the-wall gym around the corner [from my house.] I scope it out.

BEST GYM I HAVE EVER SEEN OR BEEN A PART OF. I had a quick p/m session with G Diesel about this small gym in Clayton, N.J. called Manzo's Gym.

I'm just ready for my next chance to get there.

Lifting is a state of mind? Shit, then that must have been heaven.

Blckdragun
10-09-09, 2:37 pm

POWERLIFTING GYMS

Carini House of Iron
Pine Brook NJ

Diamond Gym
Maplewood NJ

Dolphin Fitness Club
Sayreville NJ

Elite Fitness Center
Elmwood Park NJ

Fitness Factory Gym
Rockaway NJ

Stewartsville NJ

Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

JM Power Center
Eatontown NJ

Man's World Gym
Trenton NJ

Maxium Fitness
Somerset NJ

Mid-City Gym
Bayonne NJ

Egg Harbor Township NJ

Parisi Sports Club
Fair Lawn NJ

Pearl Street Gym
Long Branch NJ

Skiba's Barbell Club
Carteret NJ

South Jersey Garage Gym
Little Egg Harbor NJ

Strong and Shapely Gym
East Rutherford NJ

The Training Studio
Morganville NJ

True Strength Club
Succasunna NJ

jersey city NJ

Good list

Nick101
10-09-09, 7:41 pm
whats up dude. i go to rutgers university, which happens to be right in new brunswick haha anyway i havent found a good gym in the area, but than again i lift at the school gym which is free so i mean beggars cant be chosers. if u go to the school your more than welcome to lift wit me. people of this frame of mind are...um... hard to come by at school.

J-Dawg
10-10-09, 11:36 am
whats up dude. i go to rutgers university, which happens to be right in new brunswick haha anyway i havent found a good gym in the area, but than again i lift at the school gym which is free so i mean beggars cant be chosers. if u go to the school your more than welcome to lift wit me. people of this frame of mind are...um... hard to come by at school.

Which campus gym do you lift at? When I went to Rutgers, I used to hit up Cook Campus but found Busch and College Ave to be much more serious lifting gyms.

Alk
10-10-09, 9:22 pm
Man's World is the best gym in the Trenton area for what you pay for it, hands down. Great central Jersey gym, lots of big, down-to-earth guys that train there too.

Nick101
10-11-09, 4:14 pm
Which campus gym do you lift at? When I went to Rutgers, I used to hit up Cook Campus but found Busch and College Ave to be much more serious lifting gyms.

my parking pass is for livingston so that usually where its easiest to lift. plus its only about 2 years old so everything is in pretty good shape, they got nice big rubberized dumbells and shit. the only thing i hate about the place is the dam music in there. if i hear rhianna one more time when im tryin to lift im gonna lose it. haha

Aggression
05-19-10, 8:56 am
Diamond Gym
Maplewood NJ

Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

Skiba's Barbell Club
Carteret NJ

Strong and Shapely Gym
East Rutherford NJ

Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

World's Gym
Dunellen, NJ

I've selected the gyms from Big Wide's list that I've attended, Also, I've added World's Gym (home of the Enforcer) and I've added Apollon Gym, the gym in which I currently train at. All the gyms mentioned above are gyms that live up to the 'Animal' standard. We've had ABCs at all of them, except Jersey Shore Fitness, and that ABC is in the works as we speak. You can't go wrong with any of those listed. All are hardcore, no frills.

G Diesel
05-19-10, 9:08 am
I've selected the gyms from Big Wide's list that I've attended, Also, I've added World's Gym (home of the Enforcer) and I've added Apollon Gym, the gym in which I currently train at. All the gyms mentioned above are gyms that live up to the 'Animal' standard. We've had ABCs at all of them, except Jersey Shore Fitness, and that ABC is in the works as we speak. You can't go wrong with any of those listed. All are hardcore, no frills.

No doubt my brother... A great list right there. World, Skiba's and Diamond being my favorite of that group. I'm big on Muscle Mill as well.

Peace, G

FITGYM
05-19-10, 3:52 pm
Gyms in Jersey I've been to and recommened
World's in Dunellen
Strong and Shapely in Rutherford
Body Worx in Paterson
Atilus in Wildwood---Old School... Been around a long time but they changed a little bit recently(added a class studio and more cardio) but they have the old school hardcore shit. They are having a Bench contest this weekend 5-22-10 at 3pm

and the ones on Big Wides listed I've heard great things about and can't wait to train in anyone of them. New Jersey has alot of hardcore gyms in it. If you can't find a gym worthy of training at in this state then you're not training hard enough

G Diesel
05-19-10, 4:00 pm
Gyms in Jersey I've been to and recommened
World's in Dunellen
Strong and Shapely in Rutherford
Body Worx in Paterson
Atilus in Wildwood---Old School... Been around a long time but they changed a little bit recently(added a class studio and more cardio) but they have the old school hardcore shit. They are having a Bench contest this weekend 5-22-10 at 3pm

and the ones on Big Wides listed I've heard great things about and can't wait to train in anyone of them. New Jersey has alot of hardcore gyms in it. If you can't find a gym worthy of training at in this state then you're not training hard enough

Still never been to in Atilis, but I've heard great things.

Peace, G

Aggression
05-19-10, 4:02 pm
Still never been to in Atilis, but I've heard great things.

Peace, G

x2 on this one. My college roommate spends his summer training at Atilis. I hear great things.

Dennis the Man ace
04-29-13, 10:21 pm
From what I see on their web site, Joe Carini's House of Iron in Paramus,NJ has a couple strongman log presses. But i am really pulling my hari over wether i should go to Strong and Shapley(Rutherford) or Carini's(Paramus)

Universal Rep
04-30-13, 2:55 pm
From what I see on their web site, Joe Carini's House of Iron in Paramus,NJ has a couple strongman log presses. But i am really pulling my hari over wether i should go to Strong and Shapley(Rutherford) or Carini's(Paramus)

Im not familiar with House of Iron but S&S is def a solid choice brotha...

Enforcer
05-08-13, 5:35 pm

The one thing I like about string and shapely is the variety of different machine they have there. I am all about the free weights but for certain body parts like arms I like to throw in a variety of machine work

Universal Rep
05-09-13, 12:23 pm

POWERLIFTING GYMS

Carini House of Iron
Pine Brook NJ

Diamond Gym
Maplewood NJ

Dolphin Fitness Club
Sayreville NJ

Elite Fitness Center
Elmwood Park NJ

Fitness Factory Gym
Rockaway NJ

Stewartsville NJ

Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

JM Power Center
Eatontown NJ

Man's World Gym
Trenton NJ

Maxium Fitness
Somerset NJ

Mid-City Gym
Bayonne NJ

Egg Harbor Township NJ

Parisi Sports Club
Fair Lawn NJ

Pearl Street Gym
Long Branch NJ

Skiba's Barbell Club
Carteret NJ

South Jersey Garage Gym
Little Egg Harbor NJ

Strong and Shapely Gym
East Rutherford NJ

The Training Studio
Morganville NJ

True Strength Club
Succasunna NJ

jersey city NJ

Post #163... May be of iterest to sum of the fellas here... http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Live/The-Really-Huge-Mega-Super-NJ-Road-Trip-in-July/%28offset%29/160

FITGYM
05-09-13, 4:46 pm
can't forget Atilus in wildwood nj

Big Wides
05-10-13, 8:29 am

No you can't.....I'll be training there this Saturday

JUGGERNAUT
05-10-13, 9:17 am
No you can't.....I'll be training there this Saturday

jealous

Universal Rep
05-10-13, 9:39 am

Its on the short list for a series of Universal lifting events in late July...

FITGYM
05-12-13, 3:06 pm
Its on the short list for a series of Universal lifting events in late July...

maybe we could finish or start there??? so many of our brothers and sisters in iron have passed thru the doors of Atilus from NY NJ PA DEL and some from farther away that are members on this forum.

Riveram
04-16-14, 5:32 pm
I'm from Ohio, so my geography of so-called "Central NJ" may be off, but here's my two cents.

I visited a girl I was seeing in college in a small town in NJ. It was a bitch of a drive for me, but it was worth it. She told me her family had gotten me a pass for a week at their gym. It honest-to-god looked like Globo Gym from the dodgeball movie. It made me want to hurl. And I did a little bit.

I couldn't help but bitch a little bit when I was riding back to her house from the gym. So she chimes in, well, there's a hole-in-the-wall gym around the corner [from my house.] I scope it out.

BEST GYM I HAVE EVER SEEN OR BEEN A PART OF. I had a quick p/m session with G Diesel about this small gym in Clayton, N.J. called Manzo's Gym.

I'm just ready for my next chance to get there.

Lifting is a state of mind? Shit, then that must have been heaven.

Ive personally lifted at Manzo's for a couple of months last year. Its a great gym. Not too many members so its never crowded and the owner Bill is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful guys I've met in a gym. Always willing to give advice or give you a spot. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area .