PDA

View Full Version : Can't Train, Need Thoughts

ShaqFu
11-17-08, 10:19 am
Sup Fellas,

This rugby season has seriously fucked my body up. Sprained/broken foot, my knee is the size of a bowling ball, and I tore something in my shoulder, haven't gotten the report back from the doctor. Obviously, as much as I want to, I can't train to full intensity so I am not even going to waste my time. All I am going to do is cardio for the next few weeks with minimal lifting, like once a week for 30min because I need to recover.
I'm 6 foot, 195/200lbs, 12-15%bf and somewhat carb sensitive. What could my diet look like to minimalize fat gain in terms of macro ratio's. The thing is I can't really lift so I don't know how to manipulate my protein intake based on that. The search didn't help since everyone's diet corresponds to lifting. I would appreciate any help guys.
ShaqFu

Arnold Is Numero Uno
11-17-08, 11:03 am
Damn man, do you know what you tore in your shoulder? Sounds like you need to cut out the rugby if you want to get serious about lifting

ShaqFu
11-17-08, 4:39 pm
Yea I hear ya, the problem is a love rugby, I'm the captain of the team and I have three more semesters before I graduate. I'm going to try to get my shoulder fixed before the next season and find a way to stabilize it so I can do both. It sucks but I figure I'm only going to play rugby for two more years, I still have my 20's to lift like I used to.

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 6:03 pm
My main advice would be to stay clear of most carbs, especially simple carbs (other than right before your cardio). Also, I would avoid most excess sugars. Obviously you will want to minimize your overall calorie intake but those are the specific nutrients I would avoid. So, I suppose you could say it would be similar to a cutting diet with a lower carb intake. I would do a protein shake in the morning regardless but not over do it on the shakes and supps. Just my input.

ShaqFu
11-17-08, 6:11 pm
Thanks brotha I appreciate the help. I think I agree with your outlook. It is just more difficult than I anticpated since most diets correspond to lifting, but in this case I'm fucked as far as lifting goes. Thanks guys.
shaqfu

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 7:45 pm
Np, bro. Do you have a Journey? If not, keep us updated on this thread as to when you heal up and how the injury diet turned out.

ShaqFu
11-17-08, 8:37 pm
Np, bro. Do you have a Journey? If not, keep us updated on this thread as to when you heal up and how the injury diet turned out.

Will do brotha, thanks again