PDA

View Full Version : OFF DAYS... please read

Tallwhitebread0042
11-17-08, 7:59 pm
i am an experienced lifter but am fairly new to the whole creatine bandwagon.

now for PUMP and NITRO it says to take EVERY DAY.

honestly, do you think it makes a difference to NOT take them on OFF days? i currently just take PUMP and NITRO when i workout and not on off days.

i have read many times that instead of pump people will just take monohydrate on off days, but why do you need creatine on off days if you're not breaking down muscle?

ALSO!...

i dont know if its just me, but i do not feel PUMP'S "energy" anymore... do you think shock therapy would be better for me? PUMP used to get me fucking jacked and now i dont even feel it working. do you think this is because i dont take PUMP everyday like it says?

would really appriciate some feedback guys. THANKS!

Cstlfx
11-17-08, 8:06 pm
I buy storm to have on off days. 80 servings for $25 definitely stretches the life of Pump is you only take Pump on work out days.

Give Shock a try, I found it was helpful to switch on and off when I started to have less feeling from my pre-workout supps.

As to your question about creatine on off days, you are recovering on your off days. Creatine absolutely helps with recovery, so what better time to take creatine than when you're recovering?

Also, with Nitro, grab some EAA stack so you can down that with your storm on off days, stretches everything out if you're on a budget.

Not taking stuff on off days isnt a problem, but you'r not getting the full benefit of your supplements.

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 8:44 pm
Now this may be only me but I have used shock therapy for almost 8 months now and the crazy kick has stayed constant, it sometimes feels like it has increased. Although that could just be a frame of mind, but who cares. PUMP on the other hand, I have never tried. I highly recommend investing in some shock therapy and like the poster above me stated, try out some storm on off days. I have yet to try storm but with the quality I see in shock therapy, i'll be trying storm very soon. Keep us updated.

violator
11-18-08, 6:25 am
...Not taking stuff on off days isnt a problem, but you'r not getting the full benefit of your supplements.

yup, there it is...u need to keep the creatine levels up or they will dissapate, then ull have to 'load' all over again....

the body tends to become used to arginine(the amino in pump that swells ur ass up when ur lifting), usually after about 8-10 weeks of consistent usage....try taking 2-3 weeks off it then start another can....

shock is a great pre-w/o supp....try it out, itll drive u crazy...its nice to switch between pills & powders every so often....

Enforcer
11-18-08, 9:09 am

honestly, do you think it makes a difference to NOT take them on OFF days? i currently just take PUMP and NITRO when i workout and not on off days.

i have read many times that instead of pump people will just take monohydrate on off days, but why do you need creatine on off days if you're not breaking down muscle?

ALSO!...

i dont know if its just me, but i do not feel PUMP'S "energy" anymore... do you think shock therapy would be better for me? PUMP used to get me fucking jacked and now i dont even feel it working. do you think this is because i dont take PUMP everyday like it says?

Yes, you still should take Nitro on your off days to better help with your recovery and muscle repair. You don't have to take Pump on your off days and whaat I suggest doing is taking a basic creatine on your off days to help keep the creatine in your system. It is better to do it this way so your body can used to the creatine and continue to help make it work for you. If you are looking for a bit more of an energy kick then I would switch it up and go with Shock. Then if you really want a kick in the ass preworkout take both Skock and Pump together.

Dingo
11-18-08, 12:27 pm

ALSO!...

you've probably gotten used to the "stim" pill. Check you daily caffeine dosage from all sources, and then start to come back down. If your drinking any energy drinks throughout the day, diet sodas, coffee, they all have caffeine, start to ween yourself off of them and the effects of pump should return. Im down to 250ish mg a day of caffeine from 1000, it works. Less is more.

Universal Rep
11-18-08, 1:31 pm
Nitro, only on liftin' days. Pump, everyday. That's what I do...

getapump
11-19-08, 8:21 pm
okay never done much postin before, and if i continue to yall will find out real quick i am a fuckin CREATINE JUNKIE. i get in a ridiculous ammount in around my workout, some will say it may be overkill, but i can truly tell the difference. About 20 minutes before the workout ill hit some shock and torrent which each contain creatine. if pump's effect on you is diminishing i would strongly recommend shock- im shaking when i get to the gym... of course that could be anxiety for the hour at hand but who gives a shit, right? imfuckin rarrin' to go! during the workout ill sip on more torrent and when its over im slammin at least 2 packs of nitro, sometimes three. bout 20-30 mins later im downin some storm. thats newhere from, hell i dunno 15-20 grams of creatine in less than 90 mins. depending on the storm intake. people tell me they swear its too much but the way ive blown up in the past month and a half has me thinkin otherwise. like stated above eaa stack will work for off days, or nitro but i would definately do one or the other. i would also throw down some creatine with breakfast on off days not pump(save it for preworkout if u continue to use it) but storm or good old monohydrate will do the trick. drink up your h2o and watch ur muscles fill the fuck up.

ROC1291
11-19-08, 8:24 pm
I always felt pump worked better if it was saturated in your muscles on an everyday basis.
If i didn't use it everyday, even when I only train three days a week, my personal experience with the product sucked.