PDA

View Full Version : A new life. My story begins.

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 9:29 pm
Neftali Ramirez. Age 19. Current stats - Height: 6' Weight: 170 BF%: around 8%

------

I'll make this short. I've been a swimmer for as long as I can remember. I had a gift but wasted it. Why? I'm not sure. Luckily, I was able to take something from swimming and that was athleticism, education in health & fitness, and most importantly, the love and desire to push my self past my limits. I was mildly introduced to weights early in my senior year during a weight lifting class. It was fun but I had yet to find myself in it. After highschool (after swimming as well) I needed a physical activity that brought me the same rush without the wetness and itchy chlorine. Finally, it came to me. Within days, lifting became an addiction. I loved everything about it; You all know the feeling so i need not go on. It started with my little home gym of free weights and a squat cage. The rest is history. Introduction complete, I'm going to continue on the next post with current events and update thereafter.

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 9:39 pm
So just a few days ago I made a HUGE step in my journey. I signed up with a gym. This may sound stupid to some of you but for the 10ish months I have been serious into lifting, i've used solely free weights from home. I have already notice a huge jump in my intensity and focus.

One reason is access to more equipment. Free weights are amazing and will obviously cover the majority of my exercises but some other pieces have their place. I had a complete absence of these machines.

Yet another reason could simply be having others around. I'm not one to try and impress but an unconscious willingness to push yourself one more rep when others are watching is inevitable.

----

To date, I've gone through one bulk and one cut. I am currently on my 2nd bulk. My first bulk was a huge success. I gained probably 35lbs of mostly muscle. This isn't saying much considering I started off as a mere 140lb weakling. I regret to admit my first cut was a moderate failure. After the bulk I was about 175, still had the classic "4-pack" but wanted to release the last 2. I knew it was time to cut. I did a decent amount of research and invested in animal cuts to get started off well. I cut down to about 160 a few months later. The reason I say it was a possible failure is because I did not exceed my expectation. I got the 6 pack out but 15lbs gone? Meh, time to make up for it. Been on the second bulk now for about 2 months. SO far, SO good. Up to ~170 and more define then I was at 160. My diet is very clean and I did heavy research. Improved every aspect and i'm back on track.

The lifting stats and typical diet will be up soon. Feel free to comment on the history and constructive criticism is desired. Thanks brothers.

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 9:48 pm
Coming Soon.

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 9:48 pm
Coming Soon.

(SORRY FOR THE LACK OF CONTENT BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON THE LITTLE INFORMATION ALREADY SUBMITTED! THANKS AGAIN!)

blueIMlifter
11-17-08, 10:01 pm
eat, eat, eat, and then eat some more man. if you wanna get truly big then as much as it will suck you gotta give up the "abs" for awhile and put on that size...then you can cut back some.

i went from being in contest shape at 5% to prolly like 20% currently lol. but ive also put on no joke about 15 lbs of muscle since my show. do i have abs....fuck barely you can see maaaaaaybe 2.

you got the right mindset man. push past what you think your limits are and you will explode guaranteed. best of luck training man.

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 10:04 pm
Fair advice indeed. Thanks for stoppin' by, bro.

NPRamirez
11-18-08, 11:30 am
Coming Soon.

And here it is....

So this is a typical diet for me including 8 meals. Half the time my workout takes place at 4:30am but this is the other half when it is AFTER class at about 5pm.

Meal #1 - Cereal + Shake (8oz egg whites, 1 scoop Protein, some water)
Meal #2 - 1.5c ground oats mixed in water + 6-8oz chicken breast
Meal #3 - Large Salad + Pasta (from college lunch room)
Meal #4 - PPJ + 1 scoop Protein + 1 scoop Shock Therapy (Preworkout)
Meal #5 - PWO Shake (1/4 container of large yogurt, 2 scoops Protein)
Meal #6 - 8-10oz sweet potato + 1c cottage cheese
Meal #7 - 8oz chicken breast + 1c veggies
Meal #8 - Shake (2 scoops Casein Protein, water)

NPRamirez
11-18-08, 11:38 am
^^^^^ So that was just an outline of my bulking diet. There is usually a random 1000 calories worth of decent food thrown in throughout the day. For example, I usually eat some kind of fruit on the drive to school and/or work. Also, I might buy a burger at school with the salad and drop the pasta. And then random foods from home in between meals. I want to say this totals just over 4000 calories. I didn't include supplements like Animal Pak in there because I was going to list off my current supplements here....

Whey Protein
Casein Protein
Animal Pak
Animal Omega
Shock Therapy
International Egg Whites?

That's it for now. Soon i'll be looking for that leg up like pump or nitro. I'll post when the time comes and ask some advice on that subject. Thanks for stoppin' by!

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 10:23 am
Typical Bodybuilder split body workout:

M: Chest/Tri
T: Legs all (quad, hams, calves)
W: Abs/Others
Th: Shoulders/traps
F: Bicep/Back
S: Off (Cardio)
Sun: Off (Work allllllllll day)

Most of my lifts are pretty light given that i'm not huge. Flat Bench is around 215lb x 6 and squats around 245lb x 8 for the last sets, just as a general idea of my lifts. Nothing impressive. I'll be starting a log soon and get everything down. Any advice so far is greatly appreciated!

hardworkE
11-20-08, 3:01 pm
Hey, journey looks good so far. I'm similar weight so figured I would stop in and check this out. Weigh about 170 and just started bulking not too long ago(2nd bulk). Good luck with it

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 4:31 pm
Very cool, man. Expect me by your journey very soon.

Aggression
11-20-08, 4:36 pm
Typical Bodybuilder split body workout:

M: Chest/Tri
T: Legs all (quad, hams, calves)
W: Abs/Others
Th: Shoulders/traps
F: Bicep/Back
S: Off (Cardio)
Sun: Off (Work allllllllll day)

Most of my lifts are pretty light given that i'm not huge. Flat Bench is around 215lb x 6 and squats around 245lb x 8 for the last sets, just as a general idea of my lifts. Nothing impressive. I'll be starting a log soon and get everything down. Any advice so far is greatly appreciated!

I'll show you some love bro.

Workout regime sounds good. Are you doing biceps before back? That'd be a mistake bro. If so, flip it and hit your back first. Otherwise, it seems to be a legit workout regime.

Aggression
11-20-08, 4:39 pm
Meal #1 - Cereal + Shake (8oz egg whites, 1 scoop Protein, some water)
Meal #2 - 1.5c ground oats mixed in water + 6-8oz chicken breast
Meal #3 - Large Salad + Pasta (from college lunch room)
Meal #4 - PPJ + 1 scoop Protein + 1 scoop Shock Therapy (Preworkout)
Meal #5 - PWO Shake (1/4 container of large yogurt, 2 scoops Protein)
Meal #6 - 8-10oz sweet potato + 1c cottage cheese
Meal #7 - 8oz chicken breast + 1c veggies
Meal #8 - Shake (2 scoops Casein Protein, water)

I'd try to throw in some protein in meal 3. Salad and pasta ain't gonna cut it without some protein bro. I'd also throw in some complex carbs at meal 7, maybe a sweet potato or something. If you're trying to grow, ya gotta eat big bro. Everything else looks good. I see you're getting your EFA from Omega. Don't neglect the fats bro. Almonds/Peanut butter. GET BIG

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 4:41 pm
I start Friday off with a light set of DB curls just to warm up my arms so they don't feel cramped during Rows. So basically I do back first yes, but I didn't know that was the way to go so i'll be sure to take that advice to mind. I know there have been days where I've done full Bi's before back; rookie mistake. Tyvm Ag. I think after work tonight I'm going to post my workout earlier today (shoulders/traps). With luck, i'm hoping you'll spot somethin' to fix just as crucial. Learning is the name of the game.

Aggression
11-20-08, 4:47 pm
I start Friday off with a light set of DB curls just to warm up my arms so they don't feel cramped during Rows. So basically I do back first yes, but I didn't know that was the way to go so i'll be sure to take that advice to mind. I know there have been days where I've done full Bi's before back; rookie mistake. Tyvm Ag. I think after work tonight I'm going to post my workout earlier today (shoulders/traps). With luck, i'm hoping you'll spot somethin' to fix just as crucial. Learning is the name of the game.

No problem bro. Just remember to always train the bigger muscle first. Your biceps get hit indirectly doing back exercises. Same as chest/tri's. Just always hit the bigger muscle group first. Or you can even add arms to their own day, which is what I like to do now.

Hit them shoulders bro

Firedrake
11-20-08, 7:12 pm
I'm impressed with the research you've done and the attention to detail. It's early days yet, and you're going to be constantly adjusting your plan as you grown.

I look forward to watching your progress!

'drake

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 10:05 pm
No problem bro. Just remember to always train the bigger muscle first. Your biceps get hit indirectly doing back exercises. Same as chest/tri's. Just always hit the bigger muscle group first. Or you can even add arms to their own day, which is what I like to do now.

Hit them shoulders bro

Makes sense, ha. So i'm guessing quads first on leg day? Or leg day might be a bit more complicated.

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 10:07 pm
I'm impressed with the research you've done and the attention to detail. It's early days yet, and you're going to be constantly adjusting your plan as you grown.

I look forward to watching your progress!

'drake

Thanks a lot, bro. Lovin' the support. I'm gunna write up my shoulder w.o. thn hit up your guys' journey.

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 10:25 pm
Shoulder/Traps

Started off with lateral raises using light weights and did 4 sets in 5lb increments.
Lateral DB raises:
15lbs x20 [] 20lbs x15 [] 25lbs x12 [] 30lbs x8

Next, I went straight into my mass exercise for shoulders.
Barbell Military Press:
75lbs 2x12 [] 85lbs x10 [] 95lbs x7

After that I decided I would take a seat and do the overhead shoulder press machine.
Overhead Press:
65lbs x12 [] 80lbs 2x8 [] 95lbs x6

By this time my shoulders were feelin' pretty dead. I decided to switch to traps for a set.
BB Shrugs:
185 2x12 [] 225 2x8 [] 295 x6 (not the best form at 295 but I did it as a test)

Then some quick DB shrugs to cap off traps.
DB Shrugs:
75lbs 2x10 [] 100lbs x8 [] 100lbs x5

I almost called it a day when I saw the cross action cables staring at me.
Bent Over Double Cable Laterals:
20lbs 3x10 [] 15 x8 (A crazy, painful burn at this point)

Poured some water in my shaker with protein powder and drove on home. When I got home I had my usual post-workout meal (yogurt/ProteinPowder/water + 8oz sweet potato). Also, I dug up my watermelon EAA that I have not used for about a month and decided to start it up again. Drank a couple scoops and I forgot how amazing it tastes, like jolly ranchers MMmmmm. That wrapped up shoulders and I must admit, it was much more focused and intense then usual, probably because I knew these workouts were going to start being logged.

Aggression
11-21-08, 9:25 am
Shoulder/Traps

Started off with lateral raises using light weights and did 4 sets in 5lb increments.
Lateral DB raises:

Barbell Military Press:

After that I decided I would take a seat and do the overhead shoulder press machine.
Overhead Press:

By this time my shoulders were feelin' pretty dead. I decided to switch to traps for a set.
BB Shrugs:

DB Shrugs:

Poured some water in my shaker with protein powder and drove on home. When I got home I had my usual post-workout meal (yogurt/ProteinPowder/water + 8oz sweet potato). Also, I dug up my watermelon EAA that I have not used for about a month and decided to start it up again. Drank a couple scoops and I forgot how amazing it tastes, like jolly ranchers MMmmmm. That wrapped up shoulders and I must admit, it was much more focused and intense then usual, probably because I knew these workouts were going to start being logged.

Good shit bro. Keep it up.

Aggression
11-21-08, 9:26 am
Makes sense, ha. So i'm guessing quads first on leg day? Or leg day might be a bit more complicated.

Ah I usually hit quads before hams on leg day, but I've seen people do hams first. Whatever feels best for you bro.

NPRamirez
11-22-08, 11:37 am
Yeah, I'll usually hit the quads first with leg extensions. Yesterday was supposed to be back/bi but I had SO much shit to do so I decided to use it to finish everything (school work, normal work and some important planned events). So instead of an off day on Saturday, i'll be training back/bi today. Believe it or not, this isn't one of my favorite days like it is to most. I'll post up the info afterwards.

Firedrake
11-22-08, 2:21 pm
*snip* . . . Poured some water in my shaker with protein powder and drove on home. When I got home I had my usual post-workout meal (yogurt/ProteinPowder/water + 8oz sweet potato). Also, I dug up my watermelon EAA that I have not used for about a month and decided to start it up again. Drank a couple scoops and I forgot how amazing it tastes, like jolly ranchers MMmmmm. That wrapped up shoulders and I must admit, it was much more focused and intense then usual, probably because I knew these workouts were going to start being logged.

*chuckle* It's amazing how much different you feel about your workouts when a) you're being honest and b) you know someone else is paying attention.

Good work -- just keep at it, rep after rep, set after set, day after day. That's the "secret".

'drake

NPRamirez
11-22-08, 3:36 pm
*chuckle* It's amazing how much different you feel about your workouts when a) you're being honest and b) you know someone else is paying attention.

Good work -- just keep at it, rep after rep, set after set, day after day. That's the "secret".

'drake

Aha, you're very right. I'm going to take advantage of that feeling because it seems to work.

NPRamirez
11-22-08, 6:34 pm
I explained in a previous post why I ended up doing Back/Bi on Sat, not Fri. Anyways, everything went awesome. Using Ag's advice, I started off my session with back. Here is how it went down...

Began with parallel handle pull ups to warm up my back AND Bis.
Parallel Pull Ups:
3x10 (kept very good form and slow reps so that I really felt the burn for a good warm-up)

Seated Cable Rows:
65lbs x12 [] 80lbs x10 [] 95 lbs 2x6

Lat Pull Down:
75lbs x10 [] 110lbs x10 [] 135lbs 2x~6

DB Row:
40lbs x10 [] 50lbs x10 [] 65lbs x~6

By this time, my Bi's are pretty pumped and tired. I thought my poundage was going to be embarrassing but it turned out okay.
Hammer curls:
30lbs x10 [] 35lbs 2x8 [] 40lbs x6

Standing EZ bar curl:
75lbs 2x10

I have been in the gym for about 60 minutes at this point and was ready to leave but I didn't think I had done my Biceps justice. I decided to pull out one more set.
Seated Alternating DB Curls:
20lbs x10 [] 25lbs x 8 [] 30lbs x 8 (I used fairly light weights but like my first set of pull ups, I used near perfect form and slow reps to get that final burn. I'm glad I did, it was a nice finish.)

NOTE (help wanted): I drank my EAA Watermelon DURING my workout today. I have heard of people doing this but it also says on the container to consume AFTER your workout. Just wondering if anybody has suggestions. I was thinking intra-aid DURING and keep the EAA for AFTER? Thanks much, brothers.

Psycho77
11-22-08, 6:39 pm
Shoulder/Traps

Lateral DB raises:

Barbell Military Press:

Overhead Press:

BB Shrugs:

DB Shrugs:

Putting in some serious work there bro. Keep that shit up!

NPRamirez
11-22-08, 6:52 pm
Putting in some serious work there bro. Keep that shit up!

Lol, thanks bro. Ima do my best.

NPRamirez
11-23-08, 8:37 pm
Hmm, an off day. The day I work the most and get to eat the least. The worst day of the week. Although it's coming to an end, the guilt of Sundays diet will haunt me to about Tuesday. I did just scarf down quite a bit of food but there is no way to make up 5 hours without a meal. The reason why I can't eat is because...

I'm a swimming teacher for ages 5+. A fairly stressful job, not just because I have to try and teach unbelievably sheltered kids how to relax and swim, but because it is not very bodybuilder friendly. Also, the area I work (Savage, MN) is full of stuck up rich folk who bitch and moan about everything. So I get to deal with listening to the parents all day too. The money is worth it in the end so ima quit my bitchin' and keep my eyes on tomorrow, chest day :)

Aggression
11-24-08, 11:37 am
NOTE (help wanted): I drank my EAA Watermelon DURING my workout today. I have heard of people doing this but it also says on the container to consume AFTER your workout. Just wondering if anybody has suggestions. I was thinking intra-aid DURING and keep the EAA for AFTER? Thanks much, brothers.

Nice session with ur back and bi's. How'd it feel hitting back first?

Also, if you have Intra-Aid, I'd use that during your workout, and throw in the EAA stack afterwards, in your protein shake. That would be your best bet.

Aggression
11-24-08, 11:39 am
Hmm, an off day. The day I work the most and get to eat the least. The worst day of the week. Although it's coming to an end, the guilt of Sundays diet will haunt me to about Tuesday. I did just scarf down quite a bit of food but there is no way to make up 5 hours without a meal. The reason why I can't eat is because...

I'm a swimming teacher for ages 5+. A fairly stressful job, not just because I have to try and teach unbelievably sheltered kids how to relax and swim, but because it is not very bodybuilder friendly. Also, the area I work (Savage, MN) is full of stuck up rich folk who bitch and moan about everything. So I get to deal with listening to the parents all day too. The money is worth it in the end so ima quit my bitchin' and keep my eyes on tomorrow, chest day :)

I'm not too sure of your situation, but if I were you, I would bring a weight gainer or protein shake with you. I bet the parents wouldn't yell at you if you had a water bottle next to you, so why not bring a shake? What would be the legit difference? (just an idea)

NPRamirez
11-24-08, 6:09 pm
Nice session with ur back and bi's. How'd it feel hitting back first?

Also, if you have Intra-Aid, I'd use that during your workout, and throw in the EAA stack afterwards, in your protein shake. That would be your best bet.

THanks man. It definitely felt right. My back never gets too sore but I really nailed it this time. Also, my bi's don't typically get too sore but i could barely bend my arm the next day. It was a success.

I'm not too sure of your situation, but if I were you, I would bring a weight gainer or protein shake with you. I bet the parents wouldn't yell at you if you had a water bottle next to you, so why not bring a shake? What would be the legit difference? (just an idea)

That isn't a bad idea. I bring my shaker with powder and I pour water in it and take that immediately after I get out of the water but it's just not enough. I might give that a shot sometime. The questions might get annoying: Whatchya drinkin there boy? What's that in your water? That some kinda booze ya got there? But screw 'em

Psycho77
11-24-08, 7:37 pm

I agree with Aggression on this one. It is always nice to have some growing food or shake nearby to chug down.

NPRamirez
11-27-08, 8:11 pm
A weight gainer definitely wouldn't be a bad idea.

So yesterday I did my Abs. I had a very busy day so I figured I would just throw that in there. I didn't factor in the fact that turkey day is extremely busy for me. I have a very enthusiastic family on TG. I should have done my shoulder workout yesterday. Anyways, I'll do shoulders/traps tomorrow and Bi's on Saturday. No biggy. I've got work off til Sunday so it'll be a nice break to make up for my losses.

Also, I'd like to thank all of you who have kept with me so far. Wasn't really expecting much feedback, or at least not as much as i've gotten. So thanks very much, guys.

NPRamirez
12-01-08, 5:18 pm
Chest day has arrived. Just about to leave to the gym and of course i'm excited. I hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much sh*t like I did :/

Psycho77
12-01-08, 7:06 pm
Chest day has arrived. Just about to leave to the gym and of course i'm excited. I hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much sh*t like I did :/

Looking forward to your workout bro.

NPRamirez
12-01-08, 8:50 pm
Sweet, man. Well here it is. Started off Light...

Flat DB Press
12x30
8x50
6x60

I switched between chest and Tris for some reason.

Dips to failure (bodyweight)
12x
12x
10x

Seated Chest Press Machine
14x75
10x110
8x125

Rope Push Down
12x60
10x80
6x90 (Elbows started giving out)

Flat DB Flys
10x30
8x35
8x40

Iso Incline Chest Press
45 each x 10
70 each x 8
80 each x 5

Notes: You might be wondering, "Where the hell is the flat Bench Press?!". Well, unfortunately, my current gym doesn't have bench presses or squat racks. Don't worry, I've only been going to this gym for 2 weeks and i'm joining a new one in another 2 weeks because i'm moving. This new gym has all the free weights including bench press and squat racks. Although, I can't blame that for not doing bench press because they have a smith machine but I just hate the feeling of the Smith Machine. (They don't have free weight bench of rack because of safety concerns. The gym is 24-hour and not always staffed)

NPRamirez
12-01-08, 9:12 pm
And random Question...

Is eye-round the same thing is rib-eye? I'm trying to find the cheapest way to buy eye-round but the place i'm looking (Sams Club) only sells "rib-eye". I know jackshit about meat so... any help is appreciated.

Aggression
12-02-08, 3:14 pm

Flat DB Press
12x30
8x50
6x60

12x
12x
10x

14x75
10x110
8x125

Rope Push Down
12x60
10x80

Flat DB Flys
10x30
8x35
8x40

Iso Incline Chest Press
45 each x 10
70 each x 8
80 each x 5

Notes: You might be wondering, "Where the hell is the flat Bench Press?!". Well, unfortunately, my current gym doesn't have bench presses or squat racks. Don't worry, I've only been going to this gym for 2 weeks and i'm joining a new one in another 2 weeks because i'm moving. This new gym has all the free weights including bench press and squat racks. Although, I can't blame that for not doing bench press because they have a smith machine but I just hate the feeling of the Smith Machine. (They don't have free weight bench of rack because of safety concerns. The gym is 24-hour and not always staffed)

Hey man I never wondered that! I haven't done bench press in over a year. It just didnt suit me right. Since then I've done heavy flat db work, hammer strength presses, and even guillotines for flat chest and my growth has shot up. Nice weights. A little unorthodox i must say, doing the chest then tricep then back to chest. That might hinder your gains on chest bc you're tiring out your ancillary muscle (tricep). I'd blast chest thoroughly and then hit triceps.

blueIMlifter
12-02-08, 3:53 pm
And random Question...

Is eye-round the same thing is rib-eye? I'm trying to find the cheapest way to buy eye-round but the place i'm looking (Sams Club) only sells "rib-eye". I know jackshit about meat so... any help is appreciated.

im pretty sure they are entirely different cuts of meat. im no butcher but i know when i go to a store to buy meat they have rib eye and they have eye round. the sam's club that i go to usually sells eye round there so maybe ask the butcher if they have any. hope this helps man.

not doing flat bench isnt necessarily a bad thing man. going real heavy on flat bench tends to give me some aches and pains in my arms and shoulders so i kinda like doing dumbells and incline stuff instead of it.

Firedrake
12-02-08, 8:12 pm
Here's a guide to cuts of meat: http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/customize?meatcutsbeef.html

NPRamirez
12-02-08, 10:45 pm
Hey man I never wondered that! I haven't done bench press in over a year. It just didnt suit me right. Since then I've done heavy flat db work, hammer strength presses, and even guillotines for flat chest and my growth has shot up. Nice weights. A little unorthodox i must say, doing the chest then tricep then back to chest. That might hinder your gains on chest bc you're tiring out your ancillary muscle (tricep). I'd blast chest thoroughly and then hit triceps.

Yeah I didn't intend on doing it that way. For some reason my chest still felt sore or something from the previous week and I didn't feel like it was efficient at the time to hit my chest first. Maybe a mistake but it felt somewhat better. I'll stray away from this in the future I just don't know what the deal was.

im pretty sure they are entirely different cuts of meat. im no butcher but i know when i go to a store to buy meat they have rib eye and they have eye round. the sam's club that i go to usually sells eye round there so maybe ask the butcher if they have any. hope this helps man.

not doing flat bench isnt necessarily a bad thing man. going real heavy on flat bench tends to give me some aches and pains in my arms and shoulders so i kinda like doing dumbells and incline stuff instead of it.

I figured they might be but I was in a hurry when I had the question and couldn't do much research. Figured you guys would know anyway. And I don't have a very wide structure genetically so some of the big lifts (Bench Press, Squats, Deads) really take a tole on my body but I try to do them regardless. I just know i'll never be putting up huge weights. It's unfortunate but it's better than an injury.

Here's a guide to cuts of meat: http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/customize?meatcutsbeef.html
That helps a lot bro, thanks!

Psycho77
12-03-08, 7:29 am

Flat DB Press
12x30
8x50
6x60

12x
12x
10x

14x75
10x110
8x125

Rope Push Down
12x60
10x80

Flat DB Flys
10x30
8x35
8x40

Iso Incline Chest Press
45 each x 10
70 each x 8
80 each x 5

No bench press? wow. thats odd. Still, strong workout there bro.

NPRamirez
12-03-08, 8:03 pm
No bench press? wow. thats odd. Still, strong workout there bro.

Yeah, it's kind of a cardio/soccer mom gym but it's got all the necessary shit and it's only temporary. Thanks, man.

Leg workout incoming....

NPRamirez
12-03-08, 8:14 pm
Leg Day.... Hit it pretty hard. I walked away wobbly and had trouble controlling my foot on the pedal so I consider it a success. Was pretty simple, here she is...

Leg Extension:
75 x25
90 x15
115 x10
145 x6

DB Deadlifts:
55s x12
65s x10
80s x8
80s x6

Smith Machine Squats: (Really felt this more in my hams than anything, which kind of upset me. I wanted that quad burn.)
135 x14
185 x8
205 x6
225 x4

DB Lunges: (I was dying after these. Felt great. I got the burn mostly in the glutes; that's right form correct?)
55s x7
55s x5
55s x4

Seated Calf Raises
90 x12
135 x8
145 x6 (failure)

Almost left when I saw the Leg extension machine again. I didn't feel like my quads got hit as well as my hams so I decided to do a couple more sets to top off the night.

Leg Extensions:
115 x10
125 x8 (failure)

Stationary Bike:
5min x20mph average.

I was satisfied with my leg workout today and it was the first time I really felt the Deadlifts burning. Usually the only thing that I felt working was my lower back and just a little bit of the glutes and hams. Now much more hamstring burn. My form is getting better so that would explain this. Shoulders tomorrow, until thn, just keep eating, just keep eating....

hardworkE
12-04-08, 9:30 am
Leg Day.... Hit it pretty hard. I walked away wobbly and had trouble controlling my foot on the pedal so I consider it a success. Was pretty simple, here she is...

Leg Extension:
75 x25
90 x15
115 x10
145 x6

DB Deadlifts:
55s x12
65s x10
80s x8
80s x6

Smith Machine Squats: (Really felt this more in my hams than anything, which kind of upset me. I wanted that quad burn.)
135 x14
185 x8
205 x6
225 x4

DB Lunges: (I was dying after these. Felt great. I got the burn mostly in the glutes; that's right form correct?)
55s x7
55s x5
55s x4

Seated Calf Raises
90 x12
135 x8
145 x6 (failure)

Almost left when I saw the Leg extension machine again. I didn't feel like my quads got hit as well as my hams so I decided to do a couple more sets to top off the night.

Leg Extensions:
115 x10
125 x8 (failure)

Stationary Bike:
5min x20mph average.

I was satisfied with my leg workout today and it was the first time I really felt the Deadlifts burning. Usually the only thing that I felt working was my lower back and just a little bit of the glutes and hams. Now much more hamstring burn. My form is getting better so that would explain this. Shoulders tomorrow, until thn, just keep eating, just keep eating....

Solid leg day bro. How do you like the smith machine squats compared to normal squats?

Aggression
12-04-08, 9:38 am
Leg Day.... Hit it pretty hard. I walked away wobbly and had trouble controlling my foot on the pedal so I consider it a success.

Love that shit. I get the same effect when I hit calves hard.

Psycho77
12-04-08, 10:45 am
Solid leg day bro. Volume with lots of weight. Glad you could still walk after that punishment.

NPRamirez
12-04-08, 10:46 pm
Solid leg day bro. How do you like the smith machine squats compared to normal squats?
I'm not too sure if my normal squat form is spot on so it is nice to practice better form with the smith. At least I think it was better form. I tend to use my back quite a bit sometimes with squats and I doubt that is normal.

Love that shit. I get the same effect when I hit calves hard.
You gotta love it, lol.

Solid leg day bro. Volume with lots of weight. Glad you could still walk after that punishment.
Thanks, man. I wouldn't call it walking. More like swaying.

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:24 am
Leg Day.... Hit it pretty hard. I walked away wobbly and had trouble controlling my foot on the pedal so I consider it a success.

I blasted my calves last night real hard, strict contractions held for a second at both the top and bottom. Had the ''wobbly leg/food pedal problem'' last night on the ride home. niCe

NPRamirez
12-07-08, 9:11 pm
My shoulder and Bi day was fairly similar to Week 1. I've been very busy lately studying for finals and whatnot so I wasn't able to update. Only difference was I did not work my back as much on Bi day. It felt sore for some reason. Mainly upper back so I did some back extensions with 25lbs til' I couldn't feel my lower back.

It's Sunday night and I had an exciting weekend. I drank a bit and a feel pretty guilty about it but what's even worse is Friday night I didn't sleep much. I ate like crazy so I would at least feel better but it wasn't enough. I'm going to use this sunday night, which normally I would relax and watch TV etc., to go hit a lacking muscle group at the gym. For me this includes calves, forearms and abs. Maybe some cardio on the bike for good measure. I know that every now and then you need to just enjoy yourself. Some friends were in town from college. I kept my goals in mind regardless. I ate everything I could get my hands on and drank a shake in my car before I passed out at a friends house (at 4am). Don't get me wrong, I don't do this often AT ALL but a little guilt is inevitable.

Firedrake
12-07-08, 11:59 pm
Screw guilt! We all need to blow off steam occasionally.

You attempted to mitigate the negative effects of your, um, spree . . . okay.

Now: what's next? Move on to the next thing.

Guilt serves no useful purpose. All it does is slow you down. You did something that was, shall we say, "less than optimal." So? Go back to the gym, do the next thing on your program.

No big thing.

NPRamirez
12-08-08, 12:53 am
No argument here. My weights checking in higher than before and the mirror says progress. I'm on the right track again and I feel pretty good about that random session at the gym tonight. Week 3 starts tomorrow.

Psycho77
12-08-08, 4:49 am
Blow off some steam once and a while to keep your sanity bro. Its ok. Just not to often ok.

Aggression
12-08-08, 10:38 am
Blow off some steam once and a while to keep your sanity bro. Its ok. Just not to often ok.

x2. I do the same thing. You gotta enjoy yourself from time to time.

NPRamirez
12-08-08, 6:52 pm
The last few comments officially diminished the last of the guilt, so thanks for that. I think I'll wait til' finals are over to drink again and probably not for a LONG time after that. I just don't like the feeling much. Anyways, i'm off to the gym for [Chest Day], feelin' pretty siked about it. I'm going to try to set some personal records tonight so i'll just hope for the best and post when i'm back.

Aggression
12-09-08, 1:00 pm
The last few comments officially diminished the last of the guilt, so thanks for that. I think I'll wait til' finals are over to drink again and probably not for a LONG time after that. I just don't like the feeling much. Anyways, i'm off to the gym for [Chest Day], feelin' pretty siked about it. I'm going to try to set some personal records tonight so i'll just hope for the best and post when i'm back.

Pound that chest bro. Don't go in worrying about PR's dude. Just lift hard and heavy and get as many reps as you can. Keep the intensity high and you'll have no problem.

NPRamirez
12-11-08, 3:27 pm
Alright, Chest day went well. Leg day went better. Today is shoulders. My leg day went awesome and I set a PR for my leg extension with 200lbsx5. That is as high as the weight goes on the machine. It probably isnt that much weight but it's enough for me.. for now. Anyways, sorry about not updating. I've got finals coming up.

Psychology, Macroeconomics and International Health finals on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I am not excited. After that I'll be updating everything including my workouts, weight, meals etc... My weight has been going up and somehow i'm seeing more definition or at least no loss of definition. I'm only week 3 in and I already feel and look MUCH stronger. December 19th is my last final and that's when i'll be updating more often.

Psycho77
12-11-08, 8:17 pm
Alright, Chest day went well. Leg day went better. Today is shoulders. My leg day went awesome and I set a PR for my leg extension with 200lbsx5. That is as high as the weight goes on the machine. It probably isnt that much weight but it's enough for me.. for now. Anyways, sorry about not updating. I've got finals coming up.

Psychology, Macroeconomics and International Health finals on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I am not excited. After that I'll be updating everything including my workouts, weight, meals etc... My weight has been going up and somehow i'm seeing more definition or at least no loss of definition. I'm only week 3 in and I already feel and look MUCH stronger. December 19th is my last final and that's when i'll be updating more often.

Grats on the PR bro. Yeah, eventually you will outgrow that leg extension machine, and from that PR, its not that long a wait. Good luck on the finals!

NPRamirez
12-11-08, 10:38 pm
Grats on the PR bro. Yeah, eventually you will outgrow that leg extension machine, and from that PR, its not that long a wait. Good luck on the finals!

Thanks and thanks again my guy. Dreading these finals but we'll see.

Firedrake
12-11-08, 10:52 pm
You're gonna have to find some stronger equipment, bro. Good luck on those finals -- that's a hellacious combination.

NPRamirez
12-12-08, 1:36 pm
You're gonna have to find some stronger equipment, bro. Good luck on those finals -- that's a hellacious combination.

Yeah, I'm moving soon and joining the Anytime Fitness. They've got everything i'll ever need. And i'm gunna need the luck :I

NPRamirez
12-17-08, 6:17 pm
Alright, so my first two finals went ok I think. I've got one more on friday. After that, it's back to the journey. I have still been working out and eating more than ever but just having trouble finding the time to post it all up and whatnot. I'll definitely catch up after my last final.

Psycho77
12-17-08, 7:01 pm
Alright, so my first two finals went ok I think. I've got one more on friday. After that, it's back to the journey. I have still been working out and eating more than ever but just having trouble finding the time to post it all up and whatnot. I'll definitely catch up after my last final.

good luck on the last exam

NPRamirez
12-17-08, 9:56 pm
Thanks, bro. I need to get a 15/40 to maintain the B that I want. I'd need a 38/40 for an A in the class and i'm sure as shit not going to do that good on it. Basically I don't need to study much. Anyways, my leg day today was brutal. Really focused on my calves and quads. I changed up my Smith Machine form to hit my quads big time.

(Quad w/o)...
Squats
225x8x3

-and-

Leg Extension
~200x6x3

Also, for my calves, I really wanted to hit them hard as they are a lagging body-part being the hard-gainer that I am, so I hit them two different times with heavier weights and more reps than usual. It seems we all ("Hardgainers") have the same lacking parts; Forearms, Calves and Shoulders. I guess that is just what comes with the naturally small joints and width. I don't know if there is any strategy for someone of my narrow genetic structure to attain a larger, wider look other than hitting those muscle groups extra hard. Either way, i'm happy with the way i'm looking and the direction i'm headed so that's all that matters atm.

Other than those quad exercises I did my normal Leg Curl, DB Deadlifts, DB lunges and Calves raises. Definitely going to be feeling that tomorrow.

Psycho77
12-18-08, 8:35 am
Thanks, bro. I need to get a 15/40 to maintain the B that I want. I'd need a 38/40 for an A in the class and i'm sure as shit not going to do that good on it. Basically I don't need to study much. Anyways, my leg day today was brutal. Really focused on my calves and quads. I changed up my Smith Machine form to hit my quads big time.

(Quad w/o)...
Squats
225x8x3

-and-

Leg Extension
~200x6x3

Also, for my calves, I really wanted to hit them hard as they are a lagging body-part being the hard-gainer that I am, so I hit them two different times with heavier weights and more reps than usual. It seems we all ("Hardgainers") have the same lacking parts; Forearms, Calves and Shoulders. I guess that is just what comes with the naturally small joints and width. I don't know if there is any strategy for someone of my narrow genetic structure to attain a larger, wider look other than hitting those muscle groups extra hard. Either way, i'm happy with the way i'm looking and the direction i'm headed so that's all that matters atm.

Other than those quad exercises I did my normal Leg Curl, DB Deadlifts, DB lunges and Calves raises. Definitely going to be feeling that tomorrow.

welcome to the hardgainers club. it sucks, we have to push harder, almost to complete failure just to get that wee bit of improvement. but that very hardness makes the journey and the gains all the more meaningful. keep hitting hard bro.

Aggression
12-18-08, 11:36 am

First of all, good luck with the rest of school bro.

Second, the only strategy that will help give you a wider appearance is if you build up your shoulder width and back width. Lateral raises, chins and bent rows are your best bets.

NPRamirez
12-18-08, 4:04 pm
welcome to the hardgainers club. it sucks, we have to push harder, almost to complete failure just to get that wee bit of improvement. but that very hardness makes the journey and the gains all the more meaningful. keep hitting hard bro.

This is very true ;)

First of all, good luck with the rest of school bro.

Second, the only strategy that will help give you a wider appearance is if you build up your shoulder width and back width. Lateral raises, chins and bent rows are your best bets.

I didn't even think about the back but it makes sense. Good stuff man and thanks.

NPRamirez
12-19-08, 1:37 pm
I'M DONE! Thank god, no more finals. Back to life. My workout schedule has been a bit screwy this week because of studying. Mon-chest Wed-Legs Today(Fri)-Shoulders Tomorrow(Sat)- Back/Bi Sunday-Off.

better late than never.

Need to go do some shopping. Completely out of tuna and sweet potatoes. Had to get creative with the meals so far today. Had 4 meals so far since 6:30am.

1-
"Total" Cereal
2x toast with butter+jelly

2-
/shake\
.yogurt
.strawberries
.water+ice

3-
Chicken Breast
the rest of the lettuce (not much)

4- (pre workout, about to eat this)
normal potato
protein shake

5- (post workout)
yogurt
protein powder

meals 6-8... I'll be hittin up the grocery store soon after my post-workout.

*Note*
Most people say that shopping healthy is expensive. BS. Everything I buy is dirt cheap yet healthy. Tuna, Yogurt, Cottage cheese, Oatmeal, Chicken, Tilapia (most expensive on the list but still not bad). I think I've even seen this statement around these forums. I guess if you buy all name brands and fancy health foods it would be expensive but I can't imagine why someone on Animalpak.com would be buying those. Any comments??

Psycho77
12-21-08, 9:27 pm
I'M DONE! Thank god, no more finals. Back to life. My workout schedule has been a bit screwy this week because of studying. Mon-chest Wed-Legs Today(Fri)-Shoulders Tomorrow(Sat)- Back/Bi Sunday-Off.

better late than never.

Need to go do some shopping. Completely out of tuna and sweet potatoes. Had to get creative with the meals so far today. Had 4 meals so far since 6:30am.

1-
"Total" Cereal

2-
/shake\
.yogurt
.strawberries
.water+ice

3-
Chicken Breast

normal potato
protein shake

5- (post workout)
yogurt
protein powder

*Note*
Most people say that shopping healthy is expensive. BS. Everything I buy is dirt cheap yet healthy. Tuna, Yogurt, Cottage cheese, Oatmeal, Chicken, Tilapia (most expensive on the list but still not bad). I think I've even seen this statement around these forums. I guess if you buy all name brands and fancy health foods it would be expensive but I can't imagine why someone on Animalpak.com would be buying those. Any comments??

solid diet there bro. Shop wisely.

NPRamirez
12-22-08, 2:35 pm
Has anybody tried the GTXpress 101 egg cooker that The House talks about in his video? I'm looking for a more convenient way of cooking my eggs. Also, I picked up a few new products that I saw in his video just to give it a try. In the morning he drinks 1 scoops of Glutamine, EAA, and BCAA, all universal. He mentions something about it hastens recovery. Any comments on that?

NPRamirez
12-23-08, 5:02 pm
And happy holidays brothers. Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable break (assuming you get a break).

Off to do some legs.

Firedrake
12-23-08, 5:08 pm

better late than never.

1-
"Total" Cereal

2-
/shake\
.yogurt
.strawberries
.water+ice

3-
Chicken Breast

normal potato
protein shake

5- (post workout)
yogurt
protein powder

*Note*

Well, fresh tuna IS more expensive than canned, and fresh fish in general more expensive than frozen. The rest, is, yes, pretty inexpensive. It's when you get into bodybuilder-style QUANTITY that it begins to add up. I remember Rage mentioning something about 2 lbs of sirloin a day at one stage. As it is, I'm consuming 300g of protein daily, so we're talking enough chicken to make me cluck! Luckily I buy frozen parts in the bag at Costco. I buy the frozen tilapia rather than the fresh, too, even though I like the flavor of the fresh better.

Shopping healthily AND WISELY doesn't have to be overly expensive. You just have to make careful choices.

NPRamirez
12-27-08, 7:09 pm
yeah you are right. I just can't stress enough to my friends that buying generic will save you hundreds. Just on my cottage cheese there is a 2.50 difference in brands. Generic is 2 bucks and brand name is 4.50. Same with oatmeal, frozen chicken breasts etc.