PDA

View Full Version : stale protein?

Kludwig64
11-18-08, 4:07 pm
how can you tell if your protein powder is stale? and if it is somewhat stale but still tastes good does it lose its potency?

AFTazz06
11-18-08, 6:54 pm
i dont think powder goes stale, unless you have had it for like 4 years after only using twice. Check the expiration date on the tub or can.

Aggression
11-19-08, 9:49 am
As long as it's sealed properly and not kept in constantly changing temperatures, it should be fine; unless its 4-5 years old. Like the above post, check the expiration date.

Kludwig64
11-19-08, 11:23 am
yea its not that old i bought it maybe 3-4 months ago but i stopped taking it to take a mass gainer and just let it sit for a little over a month and it just doesnt seem as "powdery" anymore. maybe its just me. thanks.

Aggression
11-19-08, 11:25 am
yea its not that old i bought it maybe 3-4 months ago but i stopped taking it to take a mass gainer and just let it sit for a little over a month and it just doesnt seem as "powdery" anymore. maybe its just me. thanks.

The powder may have just begun to settle once you stopped opening it and scooping some out on a daily basis. Start using it, it should unsettle if you start using it again ..... I would assume ...

jeff00z28
11-20-08, 2:49 am
a friend sometimes sneaks me expired protein powders from the store he works at before they throw them away. im still alive