PDA

View Full Version : need to lose fat but can't lose muscle

Italianmuscle08
11-18-08, 8:55 pm
right now in the morning when i wake up i weigh about 163 pounds. For wrestling season i need to get down to 152 pounds. i need to lose the weight but i cant afford to lose muscle. I'm about 11.6% body fat right now and ive managed my diet pretty well. I'm just managing my carbs and not eating carbs after my workout. I have about 3 weeks to do all of this.

my main concern really is losing size and strength. i understand with a cut i am going to lose some size and strength but i dont want a huge decline in both and i wanna know if thats possible. also any tips on how to lose fat and not muscle would be appreciated

redskin 344
11-18-08, 9:13 pm
right now in the morning when i wake up i weigh about 163 pounds. For wrestling season i need to get down to 152 pounds. i need to lose the weight but i cant afford to lose muscle. I'm about 11.6% body fat right now and ive managed my diet pretty well. I'm just managing my carbs and not eating carbs after my workout. I have about 3 weeks to do all of this.

my main concern really is losing size and strength. i understand with a cut i am going to lose some size and strength but i dont want a huge decline in both and i wanna know if thats possible. also any tips on how to lose fat and not muscle would be appreciated

Fish oil. Its gonna maintain muscle mass and help the fat just shed off of you. especcially with exercise. It creates insulin sensitivity so there are less fat storages and the fat is readily used for energy along with a shitload of other great things that are incredibly beneficial for athletes. Also if there is insulin sensitivity, you are basically feeding the muscle and starving the fat so you will find that your muscles get bigger and fat shrinks.

Cstlfx
11-18-08, 11:58 pm
Run a search bro. Hit up the diet and packs section.

There are many tips in the diet section to keep muscle and lose fat.

In the Packs section you'll find which supps to take, which not too.

There's a lot of information available. Check it out.

AFTazz06
11-19-08, 1:04 am
try the keto diet, its high in protein and good fats, very low on carbs. Its helped me shed weight and gain incredible size. you can look it up under Ox's thread under the "Ask the pros" section, all the info is there, read through the whole thing and then ask Ox any questions.

sanga
11-19-08, 3:20 am
3 weeks? You`ve left that a little late.

Even doing cardio at an extreme level won`t let you lose that amount of fat and maintain the muscle you have, now unless you are holding some water weight, which will be good in your case, then you will only be able to drop the weight in the expense of losing fat/water and muscle, there is no way you are going to drop that much weight in 3 weeks without dropping some muscle.

If anyone has a way of doing this I`m all ears!!!

Aggression
11-19-08, 9:47 am
3 weeks? You`ve left that a little late.

As sanga said, unless you're holding a lot of water weight, its doubtful that you'll be able to shed that weight in 3 weeks. Intense cardio might get the job done, but you'll lose muscle.

CMurray
11-19-08, 10:18 am
All I can say is good luck man.. You can lose the weight, but you are going to lose some muscle, it's science.

Factory
11-19-08, 10:34 am
I am not advocating this in any way, it is dangerous, and quite frankly now that I look back on it stupid. But hey, I was a wrestler and I had to cut too much weight sometimes too. Garbage bags, sweats, and a ton of running got it done for me. also try to stay completely off of carbs, hit up Ox's stable for a good idea for the keto diet, It's a few pages in I think.

sanga
11-19-08, 10:58 am
It doesn`t matter what he does if he isn`t holding water then he can only lose so much before losing muscle, Keto is great and I have just finished a keto diet, the first week or so you lose a lot of water weight but 3 weeks to lose 11lbs is asking for a lot, it could be done if he was holding that much water and he could lose some fat but holding onto the muscle isn`t easy.

Factory
11-19-08, 11:12 am
yeah, i agree sanga, what I did back in the day was in order to lose all the waterweight I could, and than some fat and muscle too. I listened to my coaches too much.

T o m m Y
11-19-08, 11:16 am
how did you fell on the keto diet?

Factory
11-19-08, 11:18 am
ooh, keto? I wasn't talking about that right there, keto is great, felt like crap for 1 day coming into ketosis, and 1 day going out. in ketosis i felt much better than normal. slept better, gained a lot of lean mass, and shed some pounds.