PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed: Starting Universal Stack

dkerbs
11-19-08, 11:26 pm
Hi all,
New to the forum. (If this is posted in the wrong forum I apologize) Here is my situation and background:
I'm 5'10", roughly 177lbs. 22 years old
My goal right now is to bulk/build muscle. I have been lifting off and on for a while and always kept in good shape but I'm now really starting to get into it hard. For the past couple of months I've been noticing OK gains but wanted to step it up with a supplement/stack. For the past month I've used primaforce CEE (which just recently ran out) and ON 100% Gold Standard. Now I've used creatine monohydrate in the past and I believe this gave me better results than the CEE (and from what I've read, CEE is still in limbo as to effectiveness). This may be attributable to the fact that my muscles retained a lot more water weight while on monohydrate (bloating), whereas on CEE I didn't notice any bloating whatsoever. Although many complain about this, I look at it as at least I can notice differences/effectiveness of monohydrate working, whereas with CEE I can't really tell if it's doing anything or not and since I'm not seeing my muscles change I'm understandably skeptical.

Anyway, to the real issue.
I know I want a pre-workout supp and a creatine supp. My main dilemma is should I go with Animal Pump/Creatine Supp or try the Shock Therapy/Storm combo? Or even Animal Pump/Storm? The big turn on with Storm is that it has Creatine monohydrate, which I obviously respond to. ST seems to be cheaper than PUMP, with PUMP having more creatine in it, but other than that they both seem to have antioxidant complexes, delivery complexes, etc.

I've also heard good things about taking creatine with dextrose. My inital plan was to purchase a pre-workout supp (PUMP or ST) and then just buy standard creatine monohydrate (probably in micronized form) and some dextrose for post workout. I like the idea of saturating with monohydrate and am worried that I'm not going to get enough creatine if I only take the 5g per serving in Storm. However, even though my go around with CEE was lackluster, I've taken Controlled Labs White Flood/GreenMAG once before and I will say this: White Flood was not for me, hence why I want to try one of Universal's NO products. I did respond favorably to the Green MAG however, which I'm pretty positive contains Magnesium Creatine Chelate (also in Storm) so maybe I should give Storm a shot over just plain ole monohydrate.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially from users that have tried any of the combinations I mentioned above.

P.S.: I read for the directions for Storm that it's best to take a serving 30 min prior to workout and one 30 min after workout. I was under the impression that creatine is best post workout? Is it too much to take Storm and ST or PUMP pre workout? Also, will a loading phase with Storm do anything (since it contains monohydrate)?

shizz702
11-19-08, 11:28 pm
I would go with shock and storm, more bang for the buck in my opinion and it's a great combo.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-19-08, 11:48 pm
I would go with shock and storm, more bang for the buck in my opinion and it's a great combo.

agreed, i took shock/storm pre wo and sipped on some intra wo then had another storm post..

Enforcer
11-20-08, 9:09 am
Hi all,
New to the forum. (If this is posted in the wrong forum I apologize) Here is my situation and background:
I'm 5'10", roughly 177lbs. 22 years old
My goal right now is to bulk/build muscle. I have been lifting off and on for a while and always kept in good shape but I'm now really starting to get into it hard. For the past couple of months I've been noticing OK gains but wanted to step it up with a supplement/stack. For the past month I've used primaforce CEE (which just recently ran out) and ON 100% Gold Standard. Now I've used creatine monohydrate in the past and I believe this gave me better results than the CEE (and from what I've read, CEE is still in limbo as to effectiveness). This may be attributable to the fact that my muscles retained a lot more water weight while on monohydrate (bloating), whereas on CEE I didn't notice any bloating whatsoever. Although many complain about this, I look at it as at least I can notice differences/effectiveness of monohydrate working, whereas with CEE I can't really tell if it's doing anything or not and since I'm not seeing my muscles change I'm understandably skeptical.

Anyway, to the real issue.
I know I want a pre-workout supp and a creatine supp. My main dilemma is should I go with Animal Pump/Creatine Supp or try the Shock Therapy/Storm combo? Or even Animal Pump/Storm? The big turn on with Storm is that it has Creatine monohydrate, which I obviously respond to. ST seems to be cheaper than PUMP, with PUMP having more creatine in it, but other than that they both seem to have antioxidant complexes, delivery complexes, etc.

I've also heard good things about taking creatine with dextrose. My inital plan was to purchase a pre-workout supp (PUMP or ST) and then just buy standard creatine monohydrate (probably in micronized form) and some dextrose for post workout. I like the idea of saturating with monohydrate and am worried that I'm not going to get enough creatine if I only take the 5g per serving in Storm. However, even though my go around with CEE was lackluster, I've taken Controlled Labs White Flood/GreenMAG once before and I will say this: White Flood was not for me, hence why I want to try one of Universal's NO products. I did respond favorably to the Green MAG however, which I'm pretty positive contains Magnesium Creatine Chelate (also in Storm) so maybe I should give Storm a shot over just plain ole monohydrate.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially from users that have tried any of the combinations I mentioned above.

P.S.: I read for the directions for Storm that it's best to take a serving 30 min prior to workout and one 30 min after workout. I was under the impression that creatine is best post workout? Is it too much to take Storm and ST or PUMP pre workout? Also, will a loading phase with Storm do anything (since it contains monohydrate)?

Here is the combo I suggest using bro:

Animal Pump or Shock Therapy preworkout
IntraAid during
Torrent postworkout