PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas, Freaks :) What have you got planned?

Carpe Diem P.T
11-19-08, 11:44 pm
Tis' the season to be jolly!

What are you guys up to for christmas?

Will you be training through or taking a break?

Here's a pic that should give u a laugh - http://www.thegymrat.net/sitebuilder/images/GoldsGym_Christmas_0000-750x627.jpg

SQUAT or DIE!
11-19-08, 11:46 pm
i will be competing in a meet, hoping to break 3 records for my age/ weight.

then am going to stuff my face, get up to about 300 and while im at it, put some strength in these muscles...

justinbrown
11-19-08, 11:47 pm
frosty looks badass XD

training of course! and taking advantage of all that turkey...

Dingo
11-20-08, 12:34 am
my body is going to be taking advantage of the extra rest and calories, nothin like a plate piled high with sweet taters, turkey, brussell sprouts, stuffing, jellied cranberry sauce (love the stuff, only have it once a year) and a little turkey gravey, all mixed together into thanksgiving or christmas goulash pie. lol

LiftBig315
11-20-08, 12:43 am
forget about turkey day ;)...

Christmas is pretty much the same every year, go to the grandmas for dinner, come home and watch the neices and nephews open gifts...usually do some snowmobiling as well...good time when the family gets together...plan on still workin out though

Carpe Diem P.T
11-20-08, 12:44 am
christmas day here is usually smokin hot so we will all be in my mums swimming pool! I guess that counts as cardio.

never_2_big
11-20-08, 1:42 am
i finish training for the year on the 21st of Dec, lookin forward to 3 weeks of rest, give my niggling injuries some tme to heal and definately pile my plate high with some solid grub... training commences around the 2nd week of jan.

Psycho77
11-20-08, 1:59 am
taking a break from work, gourging on lots of food and using my xmas bonus to refill my fridge, freezer and supp cabinet.

then leave the country for a week to dodge all my nephews.

Ricky P
11-20-08, 2:04 am
Last year, Christmas Eve, took a break from our family party here at the house to go downstairs and workout. Had to get out of my Christmas outfit, put on some workout gear and do work. Lasted about 45 minutes, chugged some creatine, showered down there, put my outfit back on, came back upstairs to eat.... It was fun to do all that, but I think I'll enjoy my Christmas this year, maybe get my workout done earlier!!

sodapop
11-20-08, 7:54 am
I'll definitely be enjoying the 2 weeks or so off of school.
I'll be doing the same thing I do every year, basically - relaxing at home, going to my grandmas' (2), seeing my grandpa, etc. I'll still be on my program, though. And I'll be taking advantage of all that extra food... Speaking of which, I can't wait 'till next Thursday!

Aggression
11-20-08, 12:01 pm
I'll be lifting right through the holidays. I won't be lifting on X-mas day, or Thanksgiving day, but I'll be training on the days before and after. I'll also be eating a shit-ton.

shizz702
11-20-08, 12:09 pm
Hopefully my folks will get me this: http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1271!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InkdMuscle
11-20-08, 12:27 pm
well its gonna suck food wise cuz im contest prep'n. other then that. spenidng time with the fam. and spoiling my daughters are usual.

js71474
11-20-08, 1:48 pm
Spending alot of time with family, sticking to my training and diet, and going to NY....been wanting to see the tree at Rockefeller since I was a kid, it's going to be a great holiday!

Aggression
11-20-08, 2:15 pm
been wanting to see the tree at Rockefeller since I was a kid, it's going to be a great holiday!

Dude the tree is amazing. I love Christmas season and nothing makes it better than seeing that big tree in the city.

js71474
11-20-08, 2:21 pm
Dude the tree is amazing. I love Christmas season and nothing makes it better than seeing that big tree in the city.I can't wait....been to NY once in April and we had a great time so the whole trip will be fun but the tree will be the ultimate for me!

Aggression
11-20-08, 2:24 pm
I can't wait....been to NY once in April and we had a great time so the whole trip will be fun but the tree will be the ultimate for me!

Enjoy man. It's a memorable experience.

simpleguy
11-20-08, 2:59 pm
gonna go caroling with my classmates and friends... as usual, we're gonna have a great time cause the purpose of it all is having fun, hanging out, dancing, it's kinda like a party lol

food-wise, who knows, I'll enjoy some cheats, just make sure to get protein in

sodapop
11-20-08, 5:49 pm
I can't wait....been to NY once in April and we had a great time so the whole trip will be fun but the tree will be the ultimate for me!

I love NY. I went two summers ago; it was awesome. Have fun, man!

BricksAndStones
11-22-08, 1:45 am
For Christmas I'm heading back home to my beloved Chicago. Then I will sit down with my family, and eat like I have no sense in the world because everybody knows college cafe food is horrible. Then we'll have the gift opening session too, getting some goodies this year I hope. Other than that it's all just love and family, might even spoil myself if I'm really feeling good and have a drink with my Dad.
But like many animals I'll be training through the holidays when I can. There's a "fitness" center right across my house. Even though I kind of hate the place, people there rarely use the weights I'm handling so thats a plus. No waiting for squats, or leg press, or incline.

How about New Years though? I'm thinking thats a day to party a little bit harder myself.

Mizzarler
11-22-08, 8:11 pm
after 12 hard weeks of training, im gonna take the last week of the year off, eat my face off and spend some time with the fam, cant wait oh and of course watch basketball and football lol

Bartles
11-22-08, 8:29 pm
Psh, easy question.

Gonna keep lifting and attempt to keep up my diet. The diet part is going to be hard though.... so much food!

But yeah, Just stayin in town hanging with the family.

Thetasteofink69
11-22-08, 8:53 pm
I always end up thinking of this picture of evan whenever I think of santa now.. its odd..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1249701&d=1207886913

daninarmy
11-22-08, 11:33 pm
Eat Work out Sleep Work maybe sleep Eat Workout Work ......

jordo
11-24-08, 1:28 pm
Im going to keep lifting/eating and continue toward my goal!

prowrestler
11-24-08, 1:54 pm
ive got easily the worst christmas of my life comming up

thank god i got my iron hell hole/playground. im always welcome there.

depends where christmas falls, christmas eve im benching, christmas im off, boxing day i got DE squat.

these holidays mean fuck all to me anymore. i see training days and work shifts

AFTazz06
11-24-08, 2:00 pm
I always end up thinking of this picture of evan whenever I think of santa now.. its odd..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1249701&d=1207886913

Fuckin' Awesome! haha, if that was the way santa was portrayed, kids would be leaving protein bars, or protein shakes by the fire place instead of cookies. And asking for a weight set.

AFTazz06
11-24-08, 2:04 pm
I'm gonna follow through with my diet on turkey day cause i'm not going home, so that helps. For christmas, ill be sticking to the diet until christmas dinner, i go to school out of state so i dont see the family much so ill share that with them and also i graduate from college this december so i gotta celebrate that too ;) And keto has done wonders for me, i think i'm gonna stick with this all year round, waist is getting smaller loosing fat, rest of the body is getting big and vascularity is popping everywhere, saw some new veins pop up around the peck-delt tie in area this morning. Happy and Safe Holidays to all the Animals! my brothers of the iron!

BamBam
11-26-08, 1:42 pm
FOOD!!!!!!!!

Thats basically what I have planned besides work, lifting my balls off, and spending time with my girl and my family!

IN IRON,
BB-

billmd1334
11-26-08, 8:13 pm
tomorrow is thanksgiving and legs day for me... plan on getting in a meal, hitting the gym and then eating a ton of food tomorrow!

Deaner488
11-26-08, 8:27 pm
taking this week off. since the school rec is practically closed and no classes i decided this was the best week to take off and rest up. after this week its back to my mass attack. can't wait to go home for christmas and get back to my gym and really be able to hit it hard and eat big!!

deanna7272
11-27-08, 12:02 am
Turkey Day tomorrow, family, food, and fun....

Back on course until the diet plan changes (probably the 13th)... Will get the Saturday before Christmas, Christmas, and New Years off the diet... THEN the BOOM is lowered... Training stays the same... The only days I won't be doing "SOMETHING" will be tomorrow and Christmas...

Getting ready to put my game face back on....