PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here feel the way i do about people?

justinbrown
11-20-08, 2:41 am
hey guys...a rant with a question...

i used to like people...i used to be all about the whole being-liked thing too...i wanted everyone to get along with me and be my friend to at least a degree...but over the years i have realized that people really couldnt give two shits about the other person...in the 17 years ive been on this rock...i have yet to find ONE person aside from my mom that i could live without...i have yet to score myself ONE *MEANINGFUL* friend...the longest friendship i have ever been able to keep was about a year before being FUCKED in some way...shit-talk behind the back...getting beat up...or good people putting drugs as their priority in life...i cant respect my brother anymore because he himself is a nearly-dead fucking crack addict...

and what about women you ask?

same fucking shit; i have yet to meet one woman aside from my mom (lol im a mama's boy :P) that hasnt cheated on me, destroyed other friendships intentionally, lead me on, all that stupid shit that women are all about these days

all the adults say its my age...but i see little to no difference from them acting like fucking highschool kids...getting hammered when your 50 having a fucking house party? FUCK THAT SHIT. manipulating men for their money? FUCK. THAT...

anywho...im just rambling...

for my question... does anyone else out there feel they could do without people in their life?

sounds ludicrus i know...but i honestly feel like id be much happier alone out here...part of me believes that there are indeed good people out there...wherever the hell they are i most certainly have yet to meet one...

thank you, for tolerating my shit...ima go squat now...

Carpe Diem P.T
11-20-08, 3:11 am
sounds like how the majority of the population feels justin. You are alone. Thats the beauty of life. Survival of the fittest.

There are good people out there, I have met many. Male and female, but I have done a lot of work on me. Working out who I am, what i want and what i have to offer.

There is a good chance that you are subconsciously attracting negative people in to your life because that is what you are putting out.

People have flaws. It sounds like you need to be a little more accepting and a little less judgemental. People your age are still getting to know themselves. If you feel you are there, you need to be patient with them. You are old forever but you are only young for a short time. Enjoy it.

At the tender age of 17 your life experience is somewhat minimal. I dare say you havent traveled the world and experienced many of the wonders that life has to offer. Hang in there and good things will come, provided that you let them.

sanga
11-20-08, 4:53 am
You come into this world alone and leave alone.

The problems with relationships are your (as in peoples) expectations of others, you expect them to behave in a certain way, to give like you do or whatever, when those expectations are not met then we feel hurt, betrayed or angry.

People are great and nasty all at once, its all down to the way we percieve them, lol

In saying that there are some people I`d like to give a serious hiding to that have pissed me off in the past but it is all in the past so you live and let live, unless you see one of them crossing the road and you are driving towards them, lol

justinbrown
11-20-08, 5:45 pm
very good words indeed by both of you...seems that i just gotta change my outlook on life and try and see people in a more positive light...ive fiound what carpe diem said about people not knowing themselves to be very true at this age...i know this one guy who changes his persona almost 2x a year...one season he was a total "gangsta" the next he was kinda...skaterish and sporty...then he tried to bodybuild...im sure you can all guess how that went...despite my advice and pointing him to the forvm and such

what can ya do eh? all in all your really responsible for your own happyness, you cant rely on other people to make you happy! gotta keep positive and just live for you8rself i suppose

thanks guy for your words! just needed to vent...i feel much better now after an utterly mentally physically and emotionally DESTROYING squat sesh and a good nights sleep...the iron will always be there for me at least :)

Giant Killer
11-20-08, 6:11 pm
I just have to click with people. Unfortunately I have an anxiety disorder that prevents me from close association with others. I have a mortal fear of it, actually. The only socialization that I do get is with close friends long established, those who have learned my quirks and deal with them lightly. Making new ones is very hard.

V Man
11-20-08, 7:02 pm
The thing is Justin - due to your unfortunate experiences early on in life, you have developed a cynical and untrustworthy perception of people. So your always on the look out for the first tiny signs of betrail, lying, selfishness etc - anything negative, then you pick up on it and multiply it by 1000 where as other people wont even notice these things.

In life - you tend to get what you look for, what you think about and what you give your attention to you notice 100 times more accutely than if you werent looking for them.

For example - you get it into your head that people 'disrespect you' - everywhere you look your mind will create examples and proof of your beliefs. The same goes for the flip side of the coin, if you think people are cool and trustworthy - your mind will find examples of that and present them to you constantly. You really do create your own reality.

I have found that the more you like and respect others, the more you get liked and respected back. and the reverse goes for the opposite.

If you have a cynical and passive aggressive view of others - then you WILL unconciously act in a way where others pick up on the fact that you dont like them - and they will respond in kind.

Its up to you where you go from here bro - you're a young man, dont become bitter and twisted and cynical, and dont reject people because you anticipate that they will reject you first otherwise you're going to wind up alone, and by the sounds of your post you dont want that....

Giant Killer
11-20-08, 7:47 pm
^^Great posting Vman.

Ricky P
11-20-08, 7:50 pm
sounds like how the majority of the population feels justin. You are alone. Thats the beauty of life. Survival of the fittest.

There are good people out there, I have met many. Male and female, but I have done a lot of work on me. Working out who I am, what i want and what i have to offer.

There is a good chance that you are subconsciously attracting negative people in to your life because that is what you are putting out.

People have flaws. It sounds like you need to be a little more accepting and a little less judgemental. People your age are still getting to know themselves. If you feel you are there, you need to be patient with them. You are old forever but you are only young for a short time. Enjoy it.

At the tender age of 17 your life experience is somewhat minimal. I dare say you havent traveled the world and experienced many of the wonders that life has to offer. Hang in there and good things will come, provided that you let them.

Couldn't have said it better myself..

prowrestler
11-20-08, 8:53 pm
the only people i need in life are myself, my wrestling friend whos gettin me to WWE and the people we will use to make us the most feared and powerful click in professional wrestling today.

Aggression
11-21-08, 10:47 am
The thing is Justin - due to your unfortunate experiences early on in life, you have developed a cynical and untrustworthy perception of people. So your always on the look out for the first tiny signs of betrail, lying, selfishness etc - anything negative, then you pick up on it and multiply it by 1000 where as other people wont even notice these things.

In life - you tend to get what you look for, what you think about and what you give your attention to you notice 100 times more accutely than if you werent looking for them.

For example - you get it into your head that people 'disrespect you' - everywhere you look your mind will create examples and proof of your beliefs. The same goes for the flip side of the coin, if you think people are cool and trustworthy - your mind will find examples of that and present them to you constantly. You really do create your own reality.

I have found that the more you like and respect others, the more you get liked and respected back. and the reverse goes for the opposite.

If you have a cynical and passive aggressive view of others - then you WILL unconciously act in a way where others pick up on the fact that you dont like them - and they will respond in kind.

Its up to you where you go from here bro - you're a young man, dont become bitter and twisted and cynical, and dont reject people because you anticipate that they will reject you first otherwise you're going to wind up alone, and by the sounds of your post you dont want that....

Well said.

Whether you want to believe it or not, we need others in our life. Sure, the monotony with the iron is good and all, but in order to keep yourself sane, you need others such as friends, family, a good girl, even a dog. I lift along, eat alone, bodybuild alone. But I have many friends on the 'outside' who I constantly keep in touch/contact with. It's a must.

IRBS
11-21-08, 11:09 am
Youre 17 years old..........a child...........youve got a lot of life left to live, I would chill out just a bit on worrying about BS like this.

You will learn one day that you need others in your life. Companionship is a great thing. Dont over emphasize "This Life" to where you automatically dismiss all others because you think they "dont understand." Life is tough, then you die. You might as well try to enjoy yourself while youre here.

Just my opinion, I am an Ass,
IRBS

Aggression
11-21-08, 11:11 am
Youre 17 years old..........a child...........youve got a lot of life left to live, I would chill out just a bit on worrying about BS like this.

Exactly. You're young bro, you should be enjoying life. Maybe let go a little bit and just enjoy it as it comes.