PDA

View Full Version : Chewing Uni-Liver tablets

redmedicine
11-20-08, 9:26 am
I was reading in another thread that if you chew the uni-liver tabs you mess with the "special time release coat", is there any truth to that? Most reading I have done on dessicated liver tablets in general suggest that if you chew them its better digestion. Doesnt taste to bad to me but if I'm messing up a good thing please let me know....Thanks

Enforcer
11-20-08, 9:29 am
I was reading in another thread that if you chew the uni-liver tabs you mess with the "special time release coat", is there any truth to that? Most reading I have done on dessicated liver tablets in general suggest that if you chew them its better digestion. Doesnt taste to bad to me but if I'm messing up a good thing please let me know....Thanks

You aren't messing with anything if you chew your Uni-Liver tabs. It is actually better to chew them to better help with digestion.

redmedicine
11-20-08, 9:36 am
Thanks Enforcer

J-Dawg
11-24-08, 3:57 pm
It actually doesn't taste as bad as it sounds.

Universal Rep
11-24-08, 3:58 pm
I don't chew 'em and I've never had a problem with 'em.

J-Dawg
11-24-08, 4:05 pm
I don't chew 'em and I've never had a problem with 'em.

Nothing that a little stomach acid w/ natural digestive enzymes can't handle.

Universal Rep
11-24-08, 4:06 pm
Nothing that a little stomach acid w/ natural digestive enzymes can't handle.

Peristalsis ftw.

Hoomgar
01-09-09, 2:38 pm
It actually doesn't taste as bad as it sounds.

x2, I chew them often.

The time release coating he speaks of is on the Pak and other time released products. Uni-Liver is not one of them.

futurefreak101
02-25-09, 10:31 pm
i heard these dont absorb well at all.
i was wondering ....

i have been chewing them then washing them down with water...

is this a good or bad idea?

AFTazz06
02-25-09, 10:43 pm
Good luck chewing them. Those things are tough.

Big C
02-25-09, 10:51 pm
Are u the same guy who chews up his Omega pills?

Jk man...yeah if you don't wanna swallow them get a pill crusher. I have a hard time swallowing larger pills sometimes myself bro.

GJN5002
02-25-09, 10:56 pm
thats part of why they are good. not because they dont absorb well but they absorb slowly. Im pretty sure you dont want to chew these.

StockRock
02-25-09, 11:04 pm
i heard these dont absorb well at all.
i was wondering ....

i have been chewing them then washing them down with water...

is this a good or bad idea?

I bet that tastes great!

futurefreak101
02-25-09, 11:21 pm
I bet that tastes great!

taste like mud and grass. lol

StockRock
02-25-09, 11:29 pm
well its all in the experience haha

GC
06-05-09, 3:42 pm
Uni-liver- solid and nutritious staple. Just curious if anyone else chews them. I was told it digests better. So I chomp a few times and wash it down with water. Anyone else?

Hoomgar
06-05-09, 5:07 pm
I'll admit to chewing them from time to time but I don't think it is needed for digestion. It can't hurt though. Still, any time I've mentioned it the comment is met with much opposition from the skeptics :)

I got turned onto to doing it from J-Dawg!

Hg