PDA

View Full Version : You Can't Do It

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

mcbeast
11-20-08, 11:46 am
Well,Excessive is back.Ill be checking in periodically once i get a laptop,Eta 2 weeks.

Im graduating Basic Training tommorow.How exciting.I just got my cell back,so feel free to hit me up.

Basic was easy.Too easy.The only highlights of hard times were the 10,12,and 17 k road march w/ full battle rattle,and a 70 pound ruck.I got "smoked" plenty of times,but hell pt is free.Ill be honest,i didnt push myself too hard.I couldnt afford messin my shoulder up,but i ended up doing that anyway.Im good now.My pushups and situps havent changed much.Stuck at about 63 pushups,and near 80 situps.My Pt tests sucked though,highest i scored was 56 pushups 65 situps.Mind you its a 415 am freezing weather on an empty stomach,lol.I improved my run a bit.I got a 15:08 (45 second drop from when i took my first pt test).On a good day im sure i can get high 14's.

Im anxious to get to ait,get settled in so i can start lifting again.Ill be arriving at ft.leonardwood friday night.(ill take about 6 days of rest tho,so i start fresh).Lifting wasnt really on my mind at all,but now it is.All i thought about thru basic was sleep,haha.Im at a hotel with a buddy and his wife.They signed me out for family day.Guess what the first thing i did was.Drink a monster,and hit the crappy weightroom.Some bodysolid machine equipment thing.I put some work into my chest and lats.

Well,thats it for now.Guess ill put more up when i get settled with a laptop.Hope everyone is doing well.

Excessive.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-20-08, 11:47 am
Fucking Eddie!!!!

firsthorseman97
11-20-08, 11:51 am
Glad your back Eddie. Can't wait to see where this new road takes you. Congrats on graduation tomorrow.

mcbeast
11-20-08, 11:56 am
Thank you.Expect some serious shit going down in here shortly.

shizz702
11-20-08, 12:00 pm
Eddie glad to see you back brotha!

I've been wondering how you have been.

Get back under the bar asap brotha, I want to see that 600 lb deadlift!

mcbeast
11-20-08, 12:36 pm
I want to see that 600 lb deadlift!
i would be excited for a 315 right now,lol.I havent deadlifted in...14 weeks now.If you remember i hurt my bak badly before i left.Gotta make sure to play it smart from now on.

shizz702
11-20-08, 12:37 pm
i would be excited for a 315 right now,lol.I havent deadlifted in...14 weeks now.If you remember i hurt my bak badly before i left.Gotta make sure to play it smart from now on.

Yea I remember you were having issues with your back, but I bet you would be back to 315 in little to no time, you got that muscle memory brotha!

mcbeast
11-20-08, 1:00 pm
Yea I remember you were having issues with your back, but I bet you would be back to 315 in little to no time, you got that muscle memory brotha!

well 525 again would be nice,lol.Starting back from the crawl,ill be running in no time.

T o m m Y
11-20-08, 1:06 pm
yes,in no time at all brotha!!

mcbeast
11-27-08, 4:44 pm
Hooah.

Beginning to lose my mind here at ait,as well as burning a hole in my wallet.I was supposed to get to the gym this past saturday,but plans change everyday and whatnot.Today is turkey day,we were allowed to get picked up by our immediate family,or suffer a day of boredom and only allowed to go to the px.Seeing as my fiance isnnt my immediate family i was stuck doing nothing,again.Training is gong slow,but these next 2 weeks were qualifying with the 9mm,tactical 12 gauge,mk19 grenade launcher and getting our humvee operator license.Hopefully im able to get to the gym this saturday,hell tommorow if possible..Ive been waiting.Too long..way too long.Im about to go nuts.Ive got my pak,and some protein powder.I eat whats around,not gaining not losing.Army PT is boring and repetitive,and im not exactly motivated for 430 am pt tests,so im far from the best scorer in my platoon.

Well,im signing off..But hey,anyone want to send me posters? That would be great.Keep my motivation next 20 days,until i go on christmas exodus.(thats going to be very costly) but anyhow,heres my address,and my number in case anyone wants to hit me up.

(also,if anyone wants to sign an army brotha up for promos,im not on here much)

Pv2 Mclaughlin,Edward
C.Company 701st Military BN
BLDG 2253 1st st
Ft Leonardwood Missouri 65473

firsthorseman97
11-27-08, 4:50 pm
Good luck staying sane with all that boredom. 'All work and no play makes Eddie a dull boy.' Happy Thanksgiving! I have something I'm going to send you, I have a feeling you'll like it!

prowrestler
11-27-08, 5:01 pm
ahh, your still alive!

Hola Bola
11-27-08, 5:04 pm
Private Eddie... good to see you back on here. So basic was fun huh? I actually just re-enlisted this week and I'm transfering to a Drill Sgt unit... I'll be going to DS school in a few months... should be fun. Do you have Drill Sgt's in AIT? I heard they were only in Basic now.

BTW... I'm suprised your PT scores arent higher... I thought you'd be knocking out +80 pushups for sure!

mcbeast
11-27-08, 8:15 pm
Private Eddie... good to see you back on here. So basic was fun huh? I actually just re-enlisted this week and I'm transfering to a Drill Sgt unit... I'll be going to DS school in a few months... should be fun. Do you have Drill Sgt's in AIT? I heard they were only in Basic now.

BTW... I'm suprised your PT scores arent higher... I thought you'd be knocking out +80 pushups for sure!

on my 1-1-1 evaluation i got 54 pushups.If i kept up with that rate i would be at 90 or so for my 2 min tests.Well,drill sgts had to go and screw my shoulder up and make me do jumping jacks,overhead arm claps and pick cherries till i nearly cried.So yeah,im not happy with my scores either.Im aiming for 300,but i can settle with 275-280 which im striving to obtain by the time i get out of here.My 2 weeks home/with fiance ill be getting alot of runs and as many lifts as i can in..

Hey hola! text me..
and good luck with the drill sgt school!
908 420 7610

mcbeast
11-30-08, 3:26 pm
Im really losing my mind,lol.People are always arguing about supplements,and how to "get big".I honestly dont look like someone who knows what theyre talking about,but as most of you know thats not the case.Ohwell,let people think what they want,right? Im pretty pissed i didnt get to make it to the gym today.I had to get food tho,so i stoked up on more healthier stuff.Picked up plenty of tuna as well.
Ill tell ya whats really annoying,since it just happened.I was going thru my Flex,and Muscle&Fitness and all i get is peoples comments.Pretty stupid ones,hah.Like i said before,ohwell! There life not mine.I cant wait to get back into the gym regularly.Till then im going to bust my ass doing what i can in my room.Pushups and variations,and situps crunches etc..

(theres another animal "fan" in my house...hes a joke,tho hes alot more ripped then me.A whole lot.Bigger too,but really his head is stuck up his ass.Again,ohwell!.Ill be back again soon.)

prowrestler
11-30-08, 3:42 pm
Im really losing my mind,lol.People are always arguing about supplements,and how to "get big".I honestly dont look like someone who knows what theyre talking about,but as most of you know thats not the case.Ohwell,let people think what they want,right? Im pretty pissed i didnt get to make it to the gym today.I had to get food tho,so i stoked up on more healthier stuff.Picked up plenty of tuna as well.
Ill tell ya whats really annoying,since it just happened.I was going thru my Flex,and Muscle&Fitness and all i get is peoples comments.Pretty stupid ones,hah.Like i said before,ohwell! There life not mine.I cant wait to get back into the gym regularly.Till then im going to bust my ass doing what i can in my room.Pushups and variations,and situps crunches etc..

(theres another animal "fan" in my house...hes a joke,tho hes alot more ripped then me.A whole lot.Bigger too,but really his head is stuck up his ass.Again,ohwell!.Ill be back again soon.)

lol, fuckin people

mcbeast
12-04-08, 9:51 pm
lol, fuckin people

Haha,yep.

Update:I feel like crap! My throat is killing me,maybe im too motivated at 5 am Pt screaming at the top of my lungs.Ive cleaned up my eating a little bit,thats always good i guess.Still wont be able to hit the weights til my break.13 days till i see my girl,14 days till i get married,15 days till i see my family,and have the best 2 weeks of my life.Ive been doing work in my room at night.I put my vest and plates to good use,and come up with interesting ways to wreck my shoulders and chest.My back is still tight,not good news.Possibly see a chiropractor when i get home on break.Well,thats about all for now.So,be back somepoint next week? Later..

SQUAT or DIE!
12-04-08, 10:03 pm
Haha,yep.

Update:I feel like crap! My throat is killing me,maybe im too motivated at 5 am Pt screaming at the top of my lungs.Ive cleaned up my eating a little bit,thats always good i guess.Still wont be able to hit the weights til my break.13 days till i see my girl,14 days till i get married,15 days till i see my family,and have the best 2 weeks of my life.Ive been doing work in my room at night.I put my vest and plates to good use,and come up with interesting ways to wreck my shoulders and chest.My back is still tight,not good news.Possibly see a chiropractor when i get home on break.Well,thats about all for now.So,be back somepoint next week? Later..

glad your doing pretty well other than the throat...

i cant believe my eddie is getting married, im so happy!!!

T o m m Y
12-04-08, 10:20 pm
Hurry up and get back to jersey fucker,we got some WORK TO DO IN THE GYM!!!

prowrestler
12-04-08, 10:50 pm
ughhhh

i guess good luck for the marriage? i dont know what to say to that lol! did i say that right?

no, i think best wishes sounds better....wait....

ok here

good luck for the big day and i give you my best wishes for the future!

there, i nailed it!!!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-04-08, 10:53 pm
ughhhh

i guess good luck for the marriage?

she is a really nice person, we ganged up on eddie one night and picked on him= good catch in my book!

he dont need luck, from what i know of them two they go well together..

prowrestler
12-04-08, 10:59 pm
she is a really nice person, we ganged up on eddie one night and picked on him= good catch in my book!

he dont need luck, from what i know of them two they go well together..

thats cool!

mcbeast
12-19-08, 11:09 am
Just a quick wrap on whats been going on.First off,IM MARRIED! Yeah,its an amazing feeling!!

I started My holiday leave yesterday.Got picked up,now today wife and i will be trekkin it to nj.

Update on lifting.Pain.Pain.Lots of pain.My shoulder is pretty jacked,and think i stressed my oblique.

Just over a week ago i got in the gym for the first time.I did some shoulder presses,nothing too fantastic and i worked up to 405x2 deadlift.I was pretty excited about that,since i had a bad injury before i left.I went in there again today.Did some incline bench,failed at 185x7.Worked on some squats working up to 225x5.Then did some curls,cgbs just to feel pretty.This weekend im layin it off.Come monday ill be pushin it 110% w/running and lfiting.Oh yeah,ran a 7min mile today too.Need to drop that down as well tho.Well,eggwhites and oats are calling.If im not back everyone have a safe holiday!

Hey,firsthorseman! Thanks for the package man.REALLY lifted my spirits up.I needed it!

firsthorseman97
12-19-08, 11:25 am
Just a quick wrap on whats been going on.First off,IM MARRIED! Yeah,its an amazing feeling!!

I started My holiday leave yesterday.Got picked up,now today wife and i will be trekkin it to nj.

Update on lifting.Pain.Pain.Lots of pain.My shoulder is pretty jacked,and think i stressed my oblique.

Just over a week ago i got in the gym for the first time.I did some shoulder presses,nothing too fantastic and i worked up to 405x2 deadlift.I was pretty excited about that,since i had a bad injury before i left.I went in there again today.Did some incline bench,failed at 185x7.Worked on some squats working up to 225x5.Then did some curls,cgbs just to feel pretty.This weekend im layin it off.Come monday ill be pushin it 110% w/running and lfiting.Oh yeah,ran a 7min mile today too.Need to drop that down as well tho.Well,eggwhites and oats are calling.If im not back everyone have a safe holiday!

Hey,firsthorseman! Thanks for the package man.REALLY lifted my spirits up.I needed it!

Congrats on being married, Eddie!

Nice to see your moving some weight, just take it easy with those injuries.

Your welcome for the package. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maharg said you wanted my cell number. I'll PM it to you.

shizz702
12-19-08, 11:27 am
Congrats on the marriage Eddie. Glad to see you posting again and hope all is well. Take care and keep pulling brotha!

T o m m Y
12-19-08, 11:48 am
Get your ass to jersey fucker! we got some heavy lifting to do this week!!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-19-08, 11:56 am

GOO EDDIE!!! congrats big guy

G Diesel
12-19-08, 11:59 am

That is crazy, man... Congrats and welcome back for now. Keep doing your thing bro. Peace, G

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:00 pm

nice man, congrats on the marriage. must be good to lift again

mcbeast
12-22-08, 1:03 pm
Thanks all.

Goin in for Chest/shoulders/tris just shortly.
Using Pump for the first time,well see what happens.Might even post it up,haha.Peace

mcbeast
12-24-08, 9:40 am
Got back under the bar the other day.Got in some chest movements.Worked up to 275 on flat,but my shoulder was botherin me so i stopped there.Moved on to incline db's.Worked up to 90's for 8.Continued on,did some pullovers then some abs and running.Had a great pump,loved every minute of it.2 days later im more sore then ive ever been in my life! My chest hurts to touch,lol.The pullovers really hit it hard too.Well thats that.Its christmas eve,everyone enjoy yourselves tommorow!

mcbeast
02-07-09, 9:01 pm
Sunday 2/1

Squats 135,185x10 225x5x5
Rack Deads 225,315.365,405,455
Front squats 135x5,185x3,205x1

Abs.

Monday 2/2

Flat Db Press 50x20 65x20 100x12 115x8*Pr 65x20 50x20
Machine Fly 3x10
Hs Decline Presses 3x10
Flys 3x10

Abs

Wednesday 2/4

Close Grip Bench 135x12,185x10,225x8,5,135x12
Hs Dips 4x10
Cable Raise Triset 2 circuits
Shrugs 6x10

Abs.

Thursday 2/5

Pullups 10,,7,5
Wide Grip Pulldowns 5x10
Close Grip Pulldowns 3x8
Straight Arm Pressdowns 3x10\

Abs

Will post tommorows workout afterwards.Im back in the game.For real now.Itll be a bit shaky the next few weeks until i get completely settled here at ft lewis w/ my wife & all.Looking towards Mid march to start serious cut,precontest style.Pl meet in october.Games on.You ready?

SQUAT or DIE!
02-07-09, 10:16 pm
good work eddie!! cant wait to see what ya got in store!

Vaze_06
02-07-09, 11:37 pm
ooooooooh!!! Eddie is bACk!!!
sweet :), sub and nice work out!

mcbeast
02-08-09, 6:32 pm
2/8

Sumo Squats 135,185x10 245x5x5*
Rack Deads 225,315,365,405,475**
Front Squats 135x5,185x3,205x1
Leg Press 2,3ppsx20

Light Abs

*20# Increase on all 5 sets from last week
**20# Increase on last set from last week

SQUAT or DIE!
02-08-09, 6:37 pm
good work bud..

mcbeast
02-08-09, 6:38 pm
good work bud..

Thanks.This is me just getting back into the full swing of things.Idk when my next lift will be,i report to my unit tommorow.So this next week will be a lil hectic i suppose.My first week of march i should be all done and settled and mid march hopefully be able to start my cut.I plan on ordering a pl belt as well,that should help alot.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-08-09, 6:41 pm
Thanks.This is me just getting back into the full swing of things.Idk when my next lift will be,i report to my unit tommorow.So this next week will be a lil hectic i suppose.My first week of march i should be all done and settled and mid march hopefully be able to start my cut.I plan on ordering a pl belt as well,that should help alot.

cant wait to see whats up when your all settled in an cutting... how much u lose during basic

Toni69
02-08-09, 6:44 pm

hey! I hear so much about you too..and Im glad your doin well..congrats on getting married too. I told Alex to give you my address so we can write and stay in touch if you want. you made me laugh last night with the back and forth texting..so funny.

mcbeast
02-08-09, 6:50 pm
cant wait to see whats up when your all settled in an cutting... how much u lose during basic
I gained 12 pds during basic.It was a pathetic no disciple atmosphere.Only thing that happened to me in basic was blowing a shoulder.I was 196 when i joined.I was up to 211.Now back to about 205

hey! I hear so much about you too..and Im glad your doin well..congrats on getting married too. I told Alex to give you my address so we can write and stay in touch if you want. you made me laugh last night with the back and forth texting..so funny.
Haha.I try to be entertaining.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-08-09, 6:56 pm
I gained 12 pds during basic.It was a pathetic no disciple atmosphere.Only thing that happened to me in basic was blowing a shoulder.I was 196 when i joined.I was up to 211.Now back to about 205

Haha.I try to be entertaining.

wow most people lose alot durin basic, your a freak..

entertaining? yeah i suppose you can be.

mcbeast
02-08-09, 7:01 pm
wow most people lose alot durin basic, your a freak..

entertaining? yeah i suppose you can be.

Army Basic Training is pathetic.Btw,that weight wasnt exactly the kind of weight i wanted to put on.I ran 7 times in basic.Food was crap.Youd think they want you healthy right? Fried chicken,burgers & fries arent exactly top of the food list for healthy eaters.

shizz702
02-08-09, 7:27 pm
Hey Eddie, how you been brotha?

Workouts are looking good, glad to see you still doing what you do.

zanderfever
02-08-09, 9:10 pm
Nice, you've got a real journey going on now. I'll be here, in and out. Keeping an eye on you...

dominate77
02-08-09, 11:00 pm
welcome back bro and congratulations on getting married

mcbeast
02-09-09, 11:13 pm
Thanks all.Army threw me a major curveball.Things wil be hectic,but i will manage to lift when i can.Ill keep you all updated.Later.

mcbeast
02-13-09, 3:30 pm
2/13
Flat Db Press 55,65x20 100x12 120x6**Pr
Incline Hs 3x10x1-2pps
Incline Fly 3x10x40's
Rear Delt Machine Fly//Pec Dec Fly 3x10x130
Incline Cgb 135x10,10
Rope Extensions 2 sets
Light Back,bis

More tommoro..

G Diesel
02-13-09, 4:59 pm
2/13
Flat Db Press 55,65x20 100x12 120x6**Pr
Incline Hs 3x10x1-2pps
Incline Fly 3x10x40's
Rear Delt Machine Fly//Pec Dec Fly 3x10x130
Incline Cgb 135x10,10
Rope Extensions 2 sets
Light Back,bis

More tommoro..

Good to see my boy back and blasting it...

Peace, G

mcbeast
02-15-09, 2:05 pm
I sit here disoriented..

Why? Cause i must sit here for another hour waiting to assault the weights.Genius over here took his preworkout,got all amped up & got to the gym,only to see that it didnt open for another 90 mins.So now i sit...Disoriented from the preworkout running through my veins,beta alanine has me flushed..& i must wait..I fear that this may alter my workout today,i would hope that the pump i take 20 mins prior will get my head back right...We will see..In the meantime...

I should be settled in a place by wednesday.Wife arrives friday.Finances are okay,so things are looking up.This week is healthier eating prepping myself for a cut.At the new apt theyve got an indoor,and outdoor pool.As well as a treadmill,and elliptical.Major bonus for this guy,so i dont have to drive to the gym & i can do as much cardio as i want when im home.Great news eh? Tommorow I will be going for the 130's on Flat Db Press.Things see to be continuosly going up in that department.Im stoked.Lets see...My cut will be about 16 weeks..Then immediately after 1 week off,then start prepping for a powerlifting meet in october.Next weekend ill test my big 3,it should be rather interesting since i havent benched or deadlifted in quite some time now...Well...I believe thats all for now.I shall read some articles on here..Prepare for war w/Squats & Rack pulls today...

mcbeast
02-15-09, 5:09 pm
2/15

5 Mins Treadmill
Sumo Squats Barx10 135,185x8 255x5x5*
Rack Deads 225,315,365,405x5 500x0** 475x5
Zercher Squats 135x3 185x1
Rack Clean/Squat 135x5
Abs
5 Mins Dreadmill

*Up 10# from last week.Another 10-20 Pds next week.
**Didnt Budge whatsoever.Was exhausted

Squats were great despite i nearly kept blacking out.I was dragging myself almost the whole time.Too much preworkout..Never again.Squats were beautiful tho.I finnaly got that perfect feeling,where everything works together,get in the whole and shoot upright.Hard to explain.Just this time,i felt it where i am supposed to,perfect depth,use lots of hip flexing? & got that bad boy up.Now time to feast..

T o m m Y
02-15-09, 5:11 pm
Solid day buddy,500 is yours next time..

dominate77
02-15-09, 10:37 pm
hey man how do your hams feel when your going that wide out on the squats? when i go really wide they always end up getting hurt. even in the warm ups

SQUAT or DIE!
02-16-09, 12:07 am
hey man how do your hams feel when your going that wide out on the squats? when i go really wide they always end up getting hurt. even in the warm ups

thats strange.. how wide do you mean, i went from being as wide as the cage to just a few incehs narrower and its a bit more comfier..

and hurt like soreness or actual injury

Hola Bola
02-16-09, 2:13 pm
Hey Eddie, how long are you gonna be in FT Lewis? I'm going to be up there for two weeks in June for WLC.

mcbeast
02-19-09, 8:33 pm
Hey Eddie, how long are you gonna be in FT Lewis? I'm going to be up there for two weeks in June for WLC.

2 weeks you say? Ive got 2.5 years,as far as i know!

Dominate,i actually feel more comfortable going wide.Especially on my knees.My quads dont get nearly as much work,but lemme tell you youll think differently about your inner thighs after a few rounds of sumo squats! Pain eh? I dont really know.There wasnt any pain in my transition..

Earlier this week...

Monday 2/16

Db Press 55,65x20 100x12 130x2+1 assist

Rest of the workout was fuzzy...Did some back,some more chest and that was it.I had nothin left in me whatsoever.

The whole diet thing is starting this weekend..Should be interesting..lots of cardio,low carb days,and hard work are going to be put into this...Itll be a 16wk journey...

Mr. Dead
02-20-09, 6:12 pm
2 weeks you say? Ive got 2.5 years,as far as i know!

Dominate,i actually feel more comfortable going wide.Especially on my knees.My quads dont get nearly as much work,but lemme tell you youll think differently about your inner thighs after a few rounds of sumo squats! Pain eh? I dont really know.There wasnt any pain in my transition..

Earlier this week...

Monday 2/16

Db Press 55,65x20 100x12 130x2+1 assist

Rest of the workout was fuzzy...Did some back,some more chest and that was it.I had nothin left in me whatsoever.

The whole diet thing is starting this weekend..Should be interesting..lots of cardio,low carb days,and hard work are going to be put into this...Itll be a 16wk journey...

You'll get those 130's easy, and soon...

mcbeast
02-21-09, 6:13 pm
2/21

Sumo Squats 135,185x8 275x5x5 325x1
Sumo Deads 245x1,1 335x1,1 405x1,1 425x1,1

One word.WOW.

I started my stack today.Due to a huge financial crisis (thanks US ARMY) i am unable to diet how i want.Tho i will still make 24 pds come off in 16 wks.

Mr Dead spotted me on the Squats.He stood behind me,that was it.I thought i was gonna need a spot/help gettin it up after the first set.But i pushed thru,and he made sure i went to a good depth.Im actually hittin just below paralell.I did sumo deads "for real" this time.Idk where that came from,but i am happy w/ the weight i put up especially after almost puking/blackin out on squats.Think i will continue with them.No more rack pulls,they felt weird today after 225 so i didnt pursue.285 next week for squats..stay tuned..tommorow starts cardio & chest/back..

mcbeast
02-22-09, 8:02 pm
2/22

Yet another mindblowing "im not gonna puke..im not gonna puke" workout

Pullupsx50

Incline Db 90'sx4x8 70"sx1x10

Back-to-Back (no rest)
Underhand Cable low row 140x5x12
ss
Incline Fly 30'sx5x12

5 Min Rest

Back-to-Back (no rest)
Narrow Pulldown 100-120x5x12
ss
BB Pullover 55x5x12

Done...

Back will be fried from the pullups,guaranteed.I almost puked after them,and the rest of the workout i kept pukin in my mouth a bit..

mcbeast
02-22-09, 8:29 pm
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/washington

Besides the october meet i plan on doing..these could be motivational..hmmm :)

zanderfever
02-22-09, 9:29 pm
I almost puked after them,and the rest of the workout i kept pukin in my mouth a bit..

tasty...

mcbeast
02-26-09, 3:17 pm
2/25

After a very very long day on the range..could be better..

CGB 185x5x8
ss
Standing Curl 40'sx5x8

Skullcrushers 80x5x10
ss
(Simultaneous) Incline Curl 30'sx5x10

Circuit-Back/Forth No Rest

Rope Pressdowns 50x5x12
ss
Cable Curls 50x5x12

10 Mins elliptical.

T o m m Y
02-26-09, 3:55 pm
Solid Session Buddy

Mr. Dead
02-26-09, 4:38 pm
Great session!!! When is the next day you'll be hittin' McVeigh...?

firsthorseman97
02-27-09, 7:08 am
Nice gun show Eddie. You should be feelin' that one. I like all the supersets, brutal!

mcbeast
02-28-09, 5:29 pm
2/28

Sumo Squats Bar,135,185x8 225x1 300x3,5x5
Sumo Deads 155-335xsets of 2

Wasnt feeling the deads at all...Def no more pancakes prior to leg day! *stomach rolls* BUT! 300x5x5 is a huge pr.315x3x3 next week? We will see..Cardio will be done later,no time right after the workout.& will def get back on track with it this week.

BTW,FHM married life is new..But great! Takes some time getting used to..

mcbeast
03-01-09, 5:12 pm
3/1
30 mins am cardio

Pullupsx70
High Incline Hs 1ppsx20 1pps+25x10 2ppsx3x8

DB Row 120x3x10
ss
DB Press 100x10 85x2x10

Underhand Low Row 140-180x3x12
ss
Cable Fly 30x3x12

BB Pullover 65x3x10
ss
Incline DB Fly 40x3x10

10 mins stepper.
Pool/Sauna later..

Decent workout.My shoulder wore out way tpp fast,annoyed the hell out of me.I know i busted my ass today tho,felt like i was going to puke yet again.Carbs feel great for the weekend tho! Anyhow,post stepper i went on the scale (Dr style), I was in between 200-201 fully clothed.Last time i was around 209.Will weigh myself this friday,and shit tons of cardio & precise diet should show even more of a drop on the scale.Maybe 20 pds isnt so hard to lose...Off to eat some turkey sandwiches!

SQUAT or DIE!
03-01-09, 10:11 pm
[QUOTE=excessive endorphins;651551

BTW,FHM married life is new..But great! Takes some time getting used to..[/QUOTE]

LOL, hell the dating life is new to me.... haha glad everything is fine, and training is looking good

Mr. Dead
03-01-09, 10:26 pm
2/28

Wasnt feeling the deads at all...Def no more pancakes prior to leg day! *stomach rolls* BUT! 300x5x5 is a huge pr.315x3x3 next week? We will see..Cardio will be done later,no time right after the workout.& will def get back on track with it this week.

Yeah... Those pancakes did a number on ya... You'll get 315 next week, though... Definitely...

mcbeast
03-04-09, 5:54 pm
3/4
Ballys

(No supersets)
Close Grip Bench Bar,135x20 185x3x8 225x5 245x1 135x20
Db Curls 45x3x8 55x6
Ez-Bar SkullCrushers 35psx3x8
Concentration Curls 25-35x3x12

Some Cable Pressdowns,hercule curls,Rope pressdowns,Other curls Bout 6 sets total.Light dips and abs completed this workout..

T o m m Y
03-04-09, 5:58 pm
Nice

mcbeast
03-06-09, 12:39 am
Sitting in a prison..

Forced to eat the food here..(Chili,cornbread)

Extra cardio tommorow..

mcbeast
03-06-09, 1:08 am
Pulled an 8 hour shift at Pierce County Jail today shadowing a c/o in a unit.Twas Fun.Same thing for tommorow.Possible job choice after my military time..

dominate77
03-06-09, 9:19 pm
nice work on your closegrips excessive.

working at a prison? how's that

mcbeast
03-06-09, 9:25 pm
nice work on your closegrips excessive.

working at a prison? how's that

2 day shpeel at the county prison.its tons of fun..

shizz702
03-06-09, 9:25 pm
Eddie how you been brotha? Training is looking good. How are things going in the military for you?

mcbeast
03-06-09, 9:27 pm
Eddie how you been brotha? Training is looking good. How are things going in the military for you?

Yo.Text me in 4 hours 908 420 7610

Life is aight.Military is good.Done in 900 days.

Mizzarler
03-06-09, 9:40 pm
nice squatting cant imagine pulling right after squats...good shit

mcbeast
03-07-09, 3:01 pm
3/7

Sumo Squats 1" Below Paralell Barx20 135,185x8 225x5 275x1 315x3x3*
Squat Lunge Squat 95x3x20 steps total each set
Extension/Curl Giant Set 3 setsx20 reps each set
Barbell Trunk Twists/Squat 95x3x10
Some other Ab stuff

I was exhausted.I wooped ass today.I felt like i couldve gone balls out w/ that 315.Possibly like a 10 rep.Whats going on?! Im stoked.Ive broken that 3plate fearanxiety thing.No Fear!

SQUAT or DIE!
03-07-09, 4:04 pm
GO EDDIE!!!!! great work...

widdlewade44
03-07-09, 5:53 pm
Nice day at the gym brother.

Military, married...damn it's been a while since I checked in on you.

I'm glad things and life are working out for you. Good luck on your Journey and remember, one day at a time, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

shizz702
03-07-09, 6:23 pm
Nice squatting brotha! Especially considering all the off time you recently had, you got that muscle memory kicking in lol!

dominate77
03-08-09, 10:59 pm
i feel ya on the 3 plate anxiety man, that shit would always fuck with my head and i'm finally over it too....hoping to get up to 4 plate anxiety lol

mcbeast
03-09-09, 1:19 pm
Thanks.3pps was nothing.I felt like i could crank 10.More will come,my legs are finnaly catchin up.

3/8

Pullups-70-80
Incline Hs
Low Row
Pullover

Had to give it up,felt like crap.Took a swim that afternoon.Possible arms thrashing tonight or tommorow.

Maharg
03-09-09, 4:22 pm
Why wasnt i told that you had started a new log?

mcbeast
03-09-09, 10:11 pm
Currently sitting,in pain from the dentist,but enjoying the milkshake i purchased.I believe i deserved it..

Tommorow..Possible arm destruction & Cardio? Well see...FYI..The Pl in me is back,full force.Just eating a bit cleaner...& more cardio in the mix..

Following meets id like to compete in:
Meet: April Meet
Federation: PRIDE
Date: April 11 2009
-----------------------------------
Meet: Great Northerns
Federation: WABDL
Date: August 22 2009
End Date: August 22 2009
Type of Meet: BP, DL
City: Olympia

That first one will give me a feel for the pl scene.Second one will get my ass fired up for october 24th!

T o m m Y
03-09-09, 10:17 pm
aaaaaaaah yesssss,let the PL in you out buddy!
time to get Strong(er)!!

zanderfever
03-09-09, 11:11 pm
Currently sitting,in pain from the dentist,but enjoying the milkshake i purchased.I believe i deserved it..

Tommorow..Possible arm destruction & Cardio? Well see...FYI..The Pl in me is back,full force.Just eating a bit cleaner...& more cardio in the mix..

Following meets id like to compete in:
Meet: April Meet
Federation: PRIDE
Date: April 11 2009
-----------------------------------
Meet: Great Northerns
Date: August 22 2009
End Date: August 22 2009
City: Olympia

That first one will give me a feel for the pl scene.Second one will get my ass fired up for october 24th!

I've never heard of the federation "PRIDE" before...

And no squats in the WABDL? Weird...

Maharg
03-10-09, 9:42 am
I've never heard of the federation "PRIDE" before...

And no squats in the WABDL? Weird...

Ud be surprised. Alot of smaller meets only have a Bench an dead.

mcbeast
03-10-09, 10:52 pm
3/10

Evening..

Sumo Speed Squats 185x9x2 Conventional 185x3x2

CGb Barx20 135x20 185x10 225x3 235x1 245x1 255x1 265x1

Db Curls 45,50,55x8

Reverse Grip Bench 135x3x10

Pinwheel Curls 50,60,70x8

I was shocked with CGB..Quite.Havent gone that heavy in a long time.Im back in to it tho! Due to wrist problems my cgb is like a hand and a half closer then my regular bench,in case you were wondering.Shoulders/Traps tommorow possibly?

need2getBIG
03-10-09, 11:00 pm
nice cgb man!! props to you

need2getBIG
03-10-09, 11:02 pm
Keep The Powerlifter In You Alive!!!!

T o m m Y
03-10-09, 11:02 pm
awsome pressing dude

T o m m Y
03-10-09, 11:03 pm
Keep The Powerlifter In You Alive!!!!

oh yessssss!

need2getBIG
03-10-09, 11:04 pm
3/1
30 mins am cardio

Pullupsx70
High Incline Hs 1ppsx20 1pps+25x10 2ppsx3x8

DB Row 120x3x10
ss
DB Press 100x10 85x2x10

Underhand Low Row 140-180x3x12
ss
Cable Fly 30x3x12

BB Pullover 65x3x10
ss
Incline DB Fly 40x3x10

10 mins stepper.
Pool/Sauna later..

Decent workout.My shoulder wore out way tpp fast,annoyed the hell out of me.I know i busted my ass today tho,felt like i was going to puke yet again.Carbs feel great for the weekend tho! Anyhow,post stepper i went on the scale (Dr style), I was in between 200-201 fully clothed.Last time i was around 209.Will weigh myself this friday,and shit tons of cardio & precise diet should show even more of a drop on the scale.Maybe 20 pds isnt so hard to lose...Off to eat some turkey sandwiches!

2/28

2/25

After a very very long day on the range..could be better..

CGB 185x5x8
ss
Standing Curl 40'sx5x8

Skullcrushers 80x5x10
ss
(Simultaneous) Incline Curl 30'sx5x10

Circuit-Back/Forth No Rest

Rope Pressdowns 50x5x12
ss
Cable Curls 50x5x12

10 Mins elliptical.

3/4
Ballys

(No supersets)
Close Grip Bench Bar,135x20 185x3x8 225x5 245x1 135x20
Db Curls 45x3x8 55x6
Ez-Bar SkullCrushers 35psx3x8
Concentration Curls 25-35x3x12

Some Cable Pressdowns,hercule curls,Rope pressdowns,Other curls Bout 6 sets total.Light dips and abs completed this workout..

3/7

Sumo Squats 1" Below Paralell Barx20 135,185x8 225x5 275x1 315x3x3*
Squat Lunge Squat 95x3x20 steps total each set
Extension/Curl Giant Set 3 setsx20 reps each set
Barbell Trunk Twists/Squat 95x3x10
Some other Ab stuff

I was exhausted.I wooped ass today.I felt like i couldve gone balls out w/ that 315.Possibly like a 10 rep.Whats going on?! Im stoked.Ive broken that 3plate fearanxiety thing.No Fear!

GREAT WORK!! I JUST REALIZED YOU HAD A NEW THREAD HAHA

T o m m Y
03-10-09, 11:06 pm
silly goose lol

need2getBIG
03-10-09, 11:07 pm
lol i know i was like wtf ej has a new thread?

mcbeast
03-11-09, 9:16 pm
Friday will be great.Ill be ordering my Pl Belt.Knee & Elbow Sleeves & Heavy duty wrsit wraps.Ill show my inventory when im done shopping

T o m m Y
03-11-09, 9:17 pm
this is awsome..
i need chalk BADDD
my grip sucks ASS.
Sooo Weak i am
LOL

need2getBIG
03-11-09, 9:23 pm
i need more pak soon,youd be surprised how much vitamins help

mcbeast
03-11-09, 9:24 pm
i need more pak soon,youd be surprised how much vitamins help

SOon ill only be rollin with pak & Protein.Keep is basic.Might go back w/some creatine..

machineman
03-11-09, 9:28 pm
great job, bro....

mcbeast
03-11-09, 10:01 pm
http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/95498
http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/109557
http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/14713

Creatine
Shock Therapy
Shakers
Aminos

Belt...Ideas?

need2getBIG
03-11-09, 10:02 pm
inzer forever belt!! i have one and its great

mcbeast
03-11-09, 10:05 pm
How much you pay?

need2getBIG
03-11-09, 10:05 pm
i forgot lol

mcbeast
03-11-09, 10:12 pm
i forgot lol

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVERBELTS_BUCKLE10MM

hm?

need2getBIG
03-12-09, 12:41 pm
yeah but i have the 2 prong one

mcbeast
03-13-09, 6:19 pm
yeah but i have the 2 prong one

All my stuff is ordered.Awesome!

I forgot to mention i went to a therapis for my shoulder.Long story short my mid trap region is weak,so i put stress on my shoulder somehow.Also my left shoulder blade is jacked up a bit,forget what she said about that.Ontop of it all she said i had crappy rotator cuff strength.She gave me a bunch of exercises to do..So im on the road to recovery! She did say not to do inclines or overheads for a while yet tho..

Mr. Dead
03-13-09, 6:24 pm
Glad to see you're on the mend!!!

mcbeast
03-13-09, 6:39 pm
Glad to see you're on the mend!!!

You & Me both.Can you assist me in finding a Strongman comp around here?

Mr. Dead
03-13-09, 6:40 pm
You & Me both.Can you assist me in finding a Strongman comp around here?

I'll do some checkin' for ya...

mcbeast
03-13-09, 6:42 pm
I'll do some checkin' for ya...

Awesome Thanks

Mr. Dead
03-13-09, 6:49 pm
Couple of links for ya...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2008_washington_strongman_review.htm

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/westcoaststrongman.html

mcbeast
03-13-09, 6:54 pm
Thank you kind sir.Ive got all my equipment,(on the way) Im excited.

On a crappy note.I thought i was 17 again this morning.Got out of bed early,drank water,apple,preworkout headed off to the gym.Squats went liek this..

3/13

135x8,8 185x8,8 225x3 275x1 335x1 315x3 315x2

I think ill be retrying tommorow..lol

need2getBIG
03-13-09, 7:17 pm
still not bad my good man,and thank for the advice on gettin rid of the fat and leaning up,i hope to see some results in these coming weeks

SQUAT or DIE!
03-13-09, 9:28 pm
get the 2 prong forever belt.. its nice..

how ya doin big eddie?

zanderfever
03-13-09, 11:38 pm
http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/upcoming/

This may help you to.

mcbeast
03-14-09, 5:27 pm
get the 2 prong forever belt.. its nice..

how ya doin big eddie?

Got the Inzer Economy 13mm 2 prong.Im doing well.Weights are moving up slowly but surely.My motivation is pretty high as well.Things on the homefront are decent,well normal,lol.How bout you?

3/14

Flat Db Press -Next To No Lockout- 45x50 55x25 80x20 80x10

Machine Press SS Machine Fly 3 sets

Pullovers Db 85x3x10

Cgb -Hand and 1/2 From normal bench grip- 135 185 225x3 235 245 255 265x1

Shoulder Plate Raise -10 normal 10 ear to ear- 25# 35# 45#

Light Rear Delt Fly's

Few mins cardio

Shoulder held up okay today.Idk what happened with the Db presses.100's felt like 500.Tommorow is deadlifts and some back.Later on this week will be some arms,and speed deads.Hopefully my gear comes prior to next squat session.Also,creatine will be started up soon.I wonder what that will do..

mcbeast
03-15-09, 5:37 pm
3/15

Major Wtf.

Deads 155 245 335 425 x 3 465x1 495x0,0 425x3 335x3

Some Pullups,Some cable rows brought this workout to a conclusion.

Hot damn.I cant wait for my gear to get here.I was rather dissapointed with my pulling.But i guess its decent,since i havent pulled over 425 since August.500 is back around the corner,especially since my belt & whatnot is coming in.Theres a lot of factors why i was practically useless today,but all i can say is i need to work harder.

Meet: Washington States
Date: May 9 2009
End Date: May 9 2009

This is my next meet.In 2 weeks ill do 3 weeks of heavy bench.Maybe ill be right around 315 again.I want to total that meet with an 8-850.

As far as the rest of this week.Heavy Cgb,some arms & light shoulders wednesday.Some cardio throughout.Other then that im going to try and rest.This coming weekend should be freaky.

need2getBIG
03-15-09, 8:43 pm
3/15

Major Wtf.

Deads 155 245 335 425 x 3 465x1 495x0,0 425x3 335x3

Some Pullups,Some cable rows brought this workout to a conclusion.

Hot damn.I cant wait for my gear to get here.I was rather dissapointed with my pulling.But i guess its decent,since i havent pulled over 425 since August.500 is back around the corner,especially since my belt & whatnot is coming in.Theres a lot of factors why i was practically useless today,but all i can say is i need to work harder.

Meet: Washington States
Date: May 9 2009
End Date: May 9 2009

This is my next meet.In 2 weeks ill do 3 weeks of heavy bench.Maybe ill be right around 315 again.I want to total that meet with an 8-850.

As far as the rest of this week.Heavy Cgb,some arms & light shoulders wednesday.Some cardio throughout.Other then that im going to try and rest.This coming weekend should be freaky.

hope you have a good time at the meet dude,those numbers will get bigger bro dont worry

Mr. Dead
03-16-09, 3:28 pm
Where's the meet at...?

mcbeast
03-16-09, 8:36 pm
Aberdeen.I need to go ahead and sign up for it.

T o m m Y
03-16-09, 8:51 pm
Nice pulls dude

mcbeast
03-16-09, 9:05 pm
I forgot to mention i got 2 teeth pulled today,loads of fun!

I just sat here for 10 mins trying to find what to type.Rather how to type it.I became friends with the "backspace" key.I kinda feel like my life is moving backwards,or worse im at a standstill.Me in the Army is just a 900 day delay till i get back home,where my real life is.I had the balls to join,move away,go through with this whole army thing,but now theres not a day i dont think about my ets.I feel like im going nowhere here.All the army will be for me is my resume,say i did something good so i can actually do what i want.That is firefighting.Moving back to Jersey,to a familiar ground is something i look quite forward to.Maybe im a wimp for being homesick?, but life just doesnt seem right right now.I love being with my wife,and i love my time in the gym.Thats all i got here.Meeting Chris,Mr.Dead was great as well.Im sure ill enjoy the upcoming abc too.All i know is i cant call this place home.Rain everyday doesnt exactly keep my spirits very high.Of all the people i met in the Army,i think one was worthy of friendship.Everyone else i could care less about honestly,they are immature as hell.At least 60% of the kids in my unit.Maybe i just tire of the Army.Maybe im just tired of bullshit? One fact remains perfectly clear tho.My goals will be achieved,in and out of the gym.

--Rant,sorry--

mcbeast
03-16-09, 9:06 pm
Get off the internet S&W.Your on vacation!

T o m m Y
03-16-09, 9:09 pm
haha
i know
wifey is mad sick man,she been in bed since like 330 cant eat,feels like puking,cant sleep..

mcbeast
03-16-09, 9:19 pm
haha
i know
wifey is mad sick man,she been in bed since like 330 cant eat,feels like puking,cant sleep..

My wife was afraid that would happen,hope she feels better brothaa.

As far as my mood,i think ill cheer up when i get my gear & stop puttin up these shitty numbers..

T o m m Y
03-16-09, 9:28 pm
My wife was afraid that would happen,hope she feels better brothaa.

As far as my mood,i think ill cheer up when i get my gear & stop puttin up these shitty numbers..

thanks man
there not shitty dude,mine are shitty lol..
I cant wait to go on gain phase when i get back..
Im weak lol..

need2getBIG
03-16-09, 10:46 pm
I forgot to mention i got 2 teeth pulled today,loads of fun!

I just sat here for 10 mins trying to find what to type.Rather how to type it.I became friends with the "backspace" key.I kinda feel like my life is moving backwards,or worse im at a standstill.Me in the Army is just a 900 day delay till i get back home,where my real life is.I had the balls to join,move away,go through with this whole army thing,but now theres not a day i dont think about my ets.I feel like im going nowhere here.All the army will be for me is my resume,say i did something good so i can actually do what i want.That is firefighting.Moving back to Jersey,to a familiar ground is something i look quite forward to.Maybe im a wimp for being homesick?, but life just doesnt seem right right now.I love being with my wife,and i love my time in the gym.Thats all i got here.Meeting Chris,Mr.Dead was great as well.Im sure ill enjoy the upcoming abc too.All i know is i cant call this place home.Rain everyday doesnt exactly keep my spirits very high.Of all the people i met in the Army,i think one was worthy of friendship.Everyone else i could care less about honestly,they are immature as hell.At least 60% of the kids in my unit.Maybe i just tire of the Army.Maybe im just tired of bullshit? One fact remains perfectly clear tho.My goals will be achieved,in and out of the gym.

--Rant,sorry--

if we never ranted on about things,we would go insane,keep your head up,stick it out my friend,things WILL get better,keep in touch bro

mcbeast
03-18-09, 3:19 pm
3/17 Pm

Bench 95,135x10 185,205x5 225 235 255 275 285 300x1*

Pullups 12 9 9

Standing Mil Press 45 55 65x10 75x5

Cgb 225 235 245x3

Some Plate Raises,Machine Curls

Great session.First time on the bench since august.(barbell).My spotter had his hands on the bar,and possibly helped the slightest on that 300 so i wont be counting it.Speed deads tonight possibly.

prowrestler
03-18-09, 3:29 pm
nice benching man

youll get 500 back soon

mcbeast
03-18-09, 3:30 pm
nice benching man

youll get 500 back soon

Thanks,working on it.

prowrestler
03-18-09, 3:51 pm
Thanks,working on it.

push pull meet commin up i see?

mcbeast
03-18-09, 9:49 pm
push pull meet commin up i see?

Yep.

3/18

Conv. Speed Deads 135x8 225x3 245x8x2
Sumo Speed Deads 245x4x2

Did a few shrugs,some abs in between all the sets.Nothing impressive.Just puttin work in,come to think of it i didnt even break a sweat.Tommorow some heart friendly cardio,off friday and back to it saturday.

mcbeast
03-18-09, 9:52 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyHMbHHtArE

need2getBIG
03-18-09, 10:45 pm
Yep.

3/18

Conv. Speed Deads 135x8 225x3 245x8x2
Sumo Speed Deads 245x4x2

Did a few shrugs,some abs in between all the sets.Nothing impressive.Just puttin work in,come to think of it i didnt even break a sweat.Tommorow some heart friendly cardio,off friday and back to it saturday.

good speed pulls bro!! keep it up!

dominate77
03-19-09, 12:52 am
thats some heavy benching bro

mcbeast
03-19-09, 10:20 pm
3/19

20 mins cardio.
rope crunches.
hanging crunches.

Nothing too serious.Resting up till Saturday.Got my sleeves and chalk in today.Hopefully belt gets here before sunday! Goin to see a free showing of twilight tommorow at the post theater,and the knowing sometime this weekend! Looks great,plus cage is among one of my favorite actors.Anyhow.Big things saturday..

T o m m Y
03-19-09, 11:13 pm
strong benching buddy

Mizzarler
03-20-09, 3:52 am
nice benching and speed work...youll go nowehere but up from here

mcbeast
03-20-09, 7:21 pm
nice benching and speed work...youll go nowehere but up from here

strong benching buddy

thanks..i actually think ive got a strategy for my may 9th meet.

T o m m Y
03-20-09, 7:28 pm
what isssssssssssss it

mcbeast
03-20-09, 7:41 pm
Heres my plan of attack...day by day..

21-bench 3x3 + heavy assistance
22-Sq/Dl 3x3

24-Bench assistance
25-Speed Deads

27-bench 3x3 + heavy assistance
28-Sq/Dl 3x3

31-bench assistance
1-Speed squats

4-Bench 5x2 + heavy assistance
5-Sq/Dl 5x2

7-bench assistance
8-Speed deads

11-bench 3-5x1 + heavy assistance
12-Sq/Dl 3-5x1

14-bench assistance
15-Speed squats

17-bench 3-5x1 + heavy assistance
18-Sq/Dl 3-5x1

21-Speed bench + assistance
22-Speed Deads

24-bench 3-5x1 + heavy assistance
25-Sq/Dl 3-5x1

28-Speed bench + assistance
29-Speed Squats

2 Mock Meet

9th meet

need2getBIG
03-20-09, 9:42 pm
Plan looks good bro

Phil800101
03-21-09, 12:41 am
Looking good in here bro! Consider me subbed. How is Army life?

mcbeast
03-21-09, 6:52 pm
Looking good in here bro! Consider me subbed. How is Army life?

Army is Dandy.900 something days left.

3/21

Bench Barx20 95,135x10 185,225x3 265x3x3

Standing Overhead Press-Slight leg drive 135 185 205x5 225x3

Pullups 3x8

Pressdowns 3x20

Damn i was amped liftin today.Felt great.Got ballsy with the overhead press.I havent put ANYTHING over my head since summer..so yeah im amped.I figure i would throw those in for my strongman side! Looking forward to some heavy squats n deads tommorow! -wish i had my belt,itll be here tues-

Btw,that 225 coulda been 5.I lost balance on the 3rd rep,and the weights shifted.So played it safe..

Phil800101
03-21-09, 7:01 pm
I hear ya bro.

Killer session my man! Looking strong. Good call on playing it safe.

mcbeast
03-21-09, 7:13 pm
I hear ya bro.

Killer session my man! Looking strong. Good call on playing it safe.

Did you do service?

Thanks.Only going up from here..

Phil800101
03-21-09, 10:26 pm
Did you do service?

Thanks.Only going up from here..

No, I just have several friends who are or were in the service, so they have told me what it can be like. I can't say I know how you feel, 'cause I haven't been there myself, but I have been told about it by people who have.

need2getBIG
03-22-09, 11:55 am
Army is Dandy.900 something days left.

3/21

Bench Barx20 95,135x10 185,225x3 265x3x3

Pullups 3x8

Pressdowns 3x20

Damn i was amped liftin today.Felt great.Got ballsy with the overhead press.I havent put ANYTHING over my head since summer..so yeah im amped.I figure i would throw those in for my strongman side! Looking forward to some heavy squats n deads tommorow! -wish i had my belt,itll be here tues-

Btw,that 225 coulda been 5.I lost balance on the 3rd rep,and the weights shifted.So played it safe..

good idea bro keep it safe,NICE WORK!

mcbeast
03-22-09, 6:27 pm
3/22
-still no belt...-

Squats Bar 135 185x10 225x3 275 315x1 345x3x3
Deads 155x10 335x1 425x3x3

Beat..

I kicked ass today.Pretty proud of myself.I spent a bit too much time on squats i think.Ohwell.Like ive said before form is key for me,not so much the weight.So each rep was perfect,i have Mr Deads word.Then came deads.Pulling 335 i told myself no way i was gonna get 425.Sure enough i slapped another pie on and strategically pulled 3x3.Rest was about 3 mins inbetween sets.I read afew dl articles,and learned some new technique.This included keepin the bar a bit away from my shins,and pointing my toes out a but to get the use of my quads.Heres where i learned that...

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/deadlift_with_style.htm

Reading that gave me some insight.I also browsed elitefts.com for first meet articles,and have come up with new goals.My first meet im not aiming for Pr's,( i will still bust my ass,but yeah) rather i am aiming to get a go on all my lifts.Anyhow im off.Tommorow night is r&r,and tuesday back at it w/ bench assistance.

mcbeast
03-22-09, 6:30 pm
Forgot to mention 2 things.

-Saw the knowing last night,great movie.
-Deadlifts seriously kicked my ass on the 2nd n 3rd rep of the last 2 sets..

T o m m Y
03-22-09, 7:21 pm
strong stuff dude!!

Phil800101
03-23-09, 2:39 am
Sick session bro! Looking strong.

MikeMoore
03-23-09, 10:40 am
Army is [B]

Try taking all leg drive out of those. Be as strict as possible. I use zero leg drive in mine. OHP's are great for building raw bench strength.

mcbeast
03-23-09, 3:08 pm
Try taking all leg drive out of those. Be as strict as possible. I use zero leg drive in mine. OHP's are great for building raw bench strength.

But..but..theyre so fun!

So,should i go ahead and do them seated instead? So i know for sure i wont use any leg drive?

MikeMoore
03-23-09, 3:36 pm
But..but..theyre so fun!

So,should i go ahead and do them seated instead? So i know for sure i wont use any leg drive?

No, stay standing. Just don't bend ya knees. :)

mcbeast
03-23-09, 3:37 pm
No, stay standing. Just don't bend ya knees. :)

Right.Still come down to the collar bone? Or Nose/Chin?

Mr. Dead
03-23-09, 3:44 pm

Just don't eat pancakes, beforehand... *LOL*

mcbeast
03-23-09, 3:45 pm
Just don't eat pancakes, beforehand... *LOL*

Shutup,that was miserable! Pancakes postworkout from now on..

mcbeast
03-23-09, 10:03 pm
Last night,i laid awake,thinking of what could of been,things i could of done,the way things should of been done.I cried for the first time in months and months,over my grandmothers death.I pushed my wife away,despite hwo desperately she tried to be there for me.Ill admit i cry,to some but i swore when i was younger i would never let anyone see me cry.Well,ive failed myself a few times.I sincerely think its a weakness,on my own behalf i hate myself when i cry.For those of you who klnow me personally,my grandmothers death was the single most painful thing that has ever happened to me,and her loss tought me many lessons.But painfully so,lessons that were learned too late.I admit i still hold guilt,and at some point need to let it go.I just cant stop beating myself over it.I want to,but cant.I think only time can heal this.
Being married,living in a home with someone who in the past i had not lived with for long has brought memories of back when i was with my grandmother.Not necesasarily bad,but just brings back memories of the simplest things.
Marriage is also something we all must adapt to at some point,if we make the decision to pursue the showing of love at the highest level.I love my wife dearly,but not every marriage is perfect.It takes people a long time to "break in a home" etc etc.This si compounded by all the stupid crap with bills,bills,more bills,this extremely depressing Washington weather and the fact i cant stand the people im sorrounded by all day.I believe the majority of people ive met,are what have ruined my military experience.A ton of kids,who are udder morons,perverted,disobedient lil sons of bitches if i may.Anyhow,im sorrounded by them daily,and i do my best to not let it affect me.As of late i am the "loner" in my unit.Cause i honestly dont care about 90% of the people there.I have come to the conclusion,i will not make one single friend in the next 900 days before i finish my service.
Speaking of ending of my service down the road,i need to somehow put it ive made the decison to move back to NJ.She wants somewhere "not so trashy" like the south,but being a poor private that i am,the money is back where i came from.I know this wholeo ordeal is hard on here as well,but i guess its something we will ahve to work through.
Im going to bring this informative rant to a halt.Im at the library,and shall go home and read.Keep my mind off of things,put my head in a different place.Escape the realistic life for just awhile.I also have a suprise Pt test wendesday.So i wont be lifting tommorow night.

Before i go,i want to put my thought n prayers out to everyone who i know is dealing with serious stuff right now.I pray for you all,and just encourage you to keep your head up.You all know who you are.

-Eddie

Toni69
03-23-09, 10:19 pm
“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.”
Jim Valvano (American basketball coach, Coach of North Carolina State U., 1980-1990; won NCAA championship, 1983 1946-1993)

I do give credit to those that can hold on to their marriage and truly make it work..not force it to work out of convenience and dependentcy as my marriage was all about. We were forcing a round peg into a square hole for years till finally I gave in and said :I cant do this anymore." many of my friends said I gave up too soon..but I honestly believe my marriage was not a healthy one so my decision to leave for the sake of my child and for my own dignity, was the right one.

As for your grandmother, I remember reading about her passing in your last journey??? and it was really a hard time for you. my brother passed when I was 19 and he was my best friend, so I understand and I have much guilt to deal with myself over his death. I could have made a difference..but at that time, my mind was in other places and I took for granted the one person that meant the most to me because I always expected him to be there when I needed him. In this case he needed me, and I chose to make him wait...by the time I was ready to be with him, it was too late...my own mistakes of my own youth.

mcbeast
03-23-09, 10:23 pm
Your kind words mean alot,and you always have a qoute to throw out there.Thank you,it means alot.I think only time will heal certain wounds.I must keep pressing each day,thats all.

MikeMoore
03-23-09, 11:04 pm

FULL range. I don't go for that to the nose or chin crap.

If you just bring it to your nose or chin, then you're really not doing OHP's. :)

Example :

http://www.altarofpain.net/MikeOHPVid.html

MikeMoore
03-23-09, 11:14 pm
I am sorry about your grandmother. But things will get better with time. Don't dwell on things too much, it will make you nuts. Just keep pushing along. Life isn't easy and life isn't fair, but its what we do with it that matters.

And crying isn't a weakness. Don't be ashamed to show emotion. That shows a true man, not one that trys to be tough all the time. Even tough guys cry. Least I hope so, I cry all the time. LOL. Though I am pretty sure noone will ever accuse me or not being strong. :)

Phil800101
03-24-09, 2:32 am
I think only time will heal certain wounds.I must keep pressing each day,thats all.

Right on bro. You're a strong person, not just physically, but mentally as well. I know you've been through alot, and if there is one thing that I know you can do it is to perservere. Just keep on pushing, and stay strong. Adapt and overcome brother, that is what it is all about.

firsthorseman97
03-24-09, 7:02 am
I just read your post Eddie. I'm very sorry for the place your at right now. If I may offer one piece of advice... Try to leave the stress of your day away from your home life. You have to find a way to check it at the door. I used to bring all my problems home with me. It does work, it doesn't help. Try to start your day smiling, who knows how that day will end. Thanks for texting me yesterday. It meant alot. My phone is always on if you need anything.

Toni69
03-24-09, 8:07 am
FULL range. I don't go for that to the nose or chin crap.

If you just bring it to your nose or chin, then you're really not doing OHP's. :)

Example :

http://www.altarofpain.net/MikeOHPVid.html

and Mike's shoulders prove that his way works...great vid Mike!

mcbeast
03-24-09, 3:04 pm
Thanks for all the kind responses everyone..

Last night,i felt like an addict.Browsing through tons of articles on training,interviews with top dogs,and splits.Im like a sponge,i love it.I crave learning more & more..I printed out about 40 articles at the library,and as soon as i got home my ass was on the couch reading..learning..of good stuff to put to use..Ill be where i want to be..one day

btw mike,vid wont work on this comp.will try another.

mcbeast
03-24-09, 3:08 pm
Just saw.Good work! Damn impressive.Ive hit 265 on a pushpress.. ;(

I see you dont completely focus on locking out each rep,or at least it doesnt look like that.Well,this sunday i will hop to it.If you believe they will help my bench more then a pushpress.

need2getBIG
03-24-09, 4:48 pm
Last night,i laid awake,thinking of what could of been,things i could of done,the way things should of been done.I cried for the first time in months and months,over my grandmothers death.I pushed my wife away,despite hwo desperately she tried to be there for me.Ill admit i cry,to some but i swore when i was younger i would never let anyone see me cry.Well,ive failed myself a few times.I sincerely think its a weakness,on my own behalf i hate myself when i cry.For those of you who klnow me personally,my grandmothers death was the single most painful thing that has ever happened to me,and her loss tought me many lessons.But painfully so,lessons that were learned too late.I admit i still hold guilt,and at some point need to let it go.I just cant stop beating myself over it.I want to,but cant.I think only time can heal this.
Being married,living in a home with someone who in the past i had not lived with for long has brought memories of back when i was with my grandmother.Not necesasarily bad,but just brings back memories of the simplest things.
Marriage is also something we all must adapt to at some point,if we make the decision to pursue the showing of love at the highest level.I love my wife dearly,but not every marriage is perfect.It takes people a long time to "break in a home" etc etc.This si compounded by all the stupid crap with bills,bills,more bills,this extremely depressing Washington weather and the fact i cant stand the people im sorrounded by all day.I believe the majority of people ive met,are what have ruined my military experience.A ton of kids,who are udder morons,perverted,disobedient lil sons of bitches if i may.Anyhow,im sorrounded by them daily,and i do my best to not let it affect me.As of late i am the "loner" in my unit.Cause i honestly dont care about 90% of the people there.I have come to the conclusion,i will not make one single friend in the next 900 days before i finish my service.
Speaking of ending of my service down the road,i need to somehow put it ive made the decison to move back to NJ.She wants somewhere "not so trashy" like the south,but being a poor private that i am,the money is back where i came from.I know this wholeo ordeal is hard on here as well,but i guess its something we will ahve to work through.
Im going to bring this informative rant to a halt.Im at the library,and shall go home and read.Keep my mind off of things,put my head in a different place.Escape the realistic life for just awhile.I also have a suprise Pt test wendesday.So i wont be lifting tommorow night.

Before i go,i want to put my thought n prayers out to everyone who i know is dealing with serious stuff right now.I pray for you all,and just encourage you to keep your head up.You all know who you are.

-Eddie

Thanks Eddie,i needed that,ive been going through hard times myself,adjusting to things,not marriage but other walks in life,you got my support bro,keep in touch.

mcbeast
03-25-09, 3:01 pm
Pt Test-

2 Min Pushups-64
2 Min Situps-78
2 Mile Run-1530

Well,this is my best pt score to date.A 250-255/300 i believe.My run was ass,but didnt put in too much effort.This was a diagnostic.Mind you ive done no army pt in about 3 weeks,and pushups and situps arent something i normally do at home.From now on though i will get my stuff together and work harder on em.Im sure i can get in the 80's for both!

Lifting tonight.Combined with last nights workout.Ill need some extra bcaa's.. Speed Squats,Possibly sldl,Heavy cgb,pulldowns,rows are on the menu for tonight.I may have found a training partner as well..we shall see if we can work it out..he goes to la fitness -pukes in mouth- but anyhow..!

Mr. Dead
03-25-09, 3:04 pm
Great job on the PT test!!!

mcbeast
03-25-09, 3:06 pm
Great job on the PT test!!!

thanks!

need2getBIG
03-25-09, 3:21 pm
Pt Test-

2 Min Pushups-64
2 Min Situps-78
2 Mile Run-1530

Well,this is my best pt score to date.A 250-255/300 i believe.My run was ass,but didnt put in too much effort.This was a diagnostic.Mind you ive done no army pt in about 3 weeks,and pushups and situps arent something i normally do at home.From now on though i will get my stuff together and work harder on em.Im sure i can get in the 80's for both!

Lifting tonight.Combined with last nights workout.Ill need some extra bcaa's.. Speed Squats,Possibly sldl,Heavy cgb,pulldowns,rows are on the menu for tonight.I may have found a training partner as well..we shall see if we can work it out..he goes to la fitness -pukes in mouth- but anyhow..!

looking good bro,lol la fitness?? BOOOO!!!is he a pl?

mcbeast
03-25-09, 3:25 pm
looking good bro,lol la fitness?? BOOOO!!!is he a pl?

Yes pretty strong too.I wanna see if i can occasionaly make it up to this place

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=413821279

Mr. Dead
03-25-09, 3:30 pm
Are we still on for Saturday...

IRBS
03-25-09, 3:33 pm
Pt Test-

2 Min Pushups-64
2 Min Situps-78
2 Mile Run-1530

E-

Good work. You need to be maxing your PU and SU out on those PT Tests man...get that run time down soldier!!!

Good work man, I know its hectic and difficult to get all the training in for all the stuff youve got going on and the stuff you want to do. Keep it up man.

mcbeast
03-25-09, 3:34 pm
Yes we are.Time go to back to "work".Later

mcbeast
03-25-09, 3:35 pm
E-

Good work. You need to be maxing your PU and SU out on those PT Tests man...get that run time down soldier!!!

Good work man, I know its hectic and difficult to get all the training in for all the stuff youve got going on and the stuff you want to do. Keep it up man.

Long time no see,thanks for droppin by.I need 8 pushups to max the pu.Su im golden.

Everyone always says im lazy,and shit like that.It makes me laugh.I may have afew bad pds on these pretty boys,but im a ton healthier and 4x more active.lol.And still pt through all my soreness!!

Yes..Run sucks.Will be running more.Though we run 6-9 miles a week

IRBS
03-25-09, 3:39 pm
Long time no see,thanks for droppin by.I need 8 pushups to max the pu.Su im golden.

Everyone always says im lazy,and shit like that.It makes me laugh.I may have afew bad pds on these pretty boys,but im a ton healthier and 4x more active.lol.And still pt through all my soreness!!

LOL, good stuff man.

Yes, running blows. Back when I was in I ran all the time and hated every minute of it. I had my 3 mile time down to under 19minutes at one time...good Lord I hated that!!!

Will you be at Lewis for a while? I work for the Corps, so I am all over the place at Army Garrisons all the time. If I'm ever out that way I'll let yo know.

mcbeast
03-25-09, 10:45 pm
LOL, good stuff man.

Yes, running blows. Back when I was in I ran all the time and hated every minute of it. I had my 3 mile time down to under 19minutes at one time...good Lord I hated that!!!

Will you be at Lewis for a while? I work for the Corps, so I am all over the place at Army Garrisons all the time. If I'm ever out that way I'll let yo know.

Next 900 days as far as i know! That would be pretty cool! Yeah..running sucks..

3/25

Went Pretty Quick 45 min workout

Speed Squats Sumo- barx20 135x10 185x8x2
Conv-185x4x2

Cgb-135x20 185x10 225,235 245x3*Tap n go 225x3,185x6*Pause at bottom,3 breaths,press

Plate raises 45#x2x20-30

Pulldowns 3x10

Underhand barbell rows 3x10

Giant Set of Face Pulls 50-150#'s

Out..

Phil800101
03-26-09, 2:59 am
Great job on the PT test!

Killer session too, looks intense and brutal! Keep up the great work my man.

mcbeast
03-26-09, 3:01 pm
Great job on the PT test!

Killer session too, looks intense and brutal! Keep up the great work my man.

Yeah,im fried today.Hurts to walk,sit,stand,push,pull.Lol! Pt this morning was interesting.Pushups were NOT my friend this morning

need2getBIG
03-26-09, 3:03 pm
Next 900 days as far as i know! That would be pretty cool! Yeah..running sucks..

3/25

Went Pretty Quick 45 min workout

Speed Squats Sumo- barx20 135x10 185x8x2
Conv-185x4x2

Cgb-135x20 185x10 225,235 245x3*Tap n go 225x3,185x6*Pause at bottom,3 breaths,press

Plate raises 45#x2x20-30

Pulldowns 3x10

Underhand barbell rows 3x10

Giant Set of Face Pulls 50-150#'s

Out..

nice work bro keep it up!

mcbeast
03-26-09, 3:06 pm
nice work bro keep it up!

Thanks..i think im switching this weekend to 5x2 vs 3x3..If my creatine comes.

need2getBIG
03-26-09, 3:09 pm
sounds good,im going to try the plate raises next bench day

mcbeast
03-26-09, 3:15 pm
sounds good,im going to try the plate raises next bench day

they are fun! go side to side too

need2getBIG
03-26-09, 3:36 pm
lol ok

Firedrake
03-26-09, 4:03 pm
Bro, I don't know how you keep that lifting schedule with the Army PT -- I remember back when I was in, my lifting went to shit. (Of course, that was 30+ years ago)

Keep at it!

mcbeast
03-26-09, 9:35 pm
Bro, I don't know how you keep that lifting schedule with the Army PT -- I remember back when I was in, my lifting went to shit. (Of course, that was 30+ years ago)

Keep at it!

Its somewhat challenging.But army pt isnt all that hard compared to back then,we get pushed to a limit but its def not balls out like i go when i lift.Today was fairly easy cause of the pt test yesterday

2 Mins Flutter kicks,situps,pushups,firehydrants
5,4,3,2,1 pullups -on command,up/down-

I walked in the house and nearly fainted.All our stuff came from my wifes house today...this shall be a busy weekend..I got my belt n supps today tho! Anyone know how to break in a belt fast?

mcbeast
03-26-09, 10:22 pm
Got in touch with the promoter for the may 9th event.I gotta sign up early next week.He is also trating everyone including attendees (Mr Dead,wife) to Prime rib dinner..NOW THAT IS A GOOD FIRST MEET!

need2getBIG
03-26-09, 10:48 pm
Its somewhat challenging.But army pt isnt all that hard compared to back then,we get pushed to a limit but its def not balls out like i go when i lift.Today was fairly easy cause of the pt test yesterday

I walked in the house and nearly fainted.All our stuff came from my wifes house today...this shall be a busy weekend..I got my belt n supps today tho! Anyone know how to break in a belt fast?

squats,squats and more squats,or dl lol

Mr. Dead
03-27-09, 1:36 pm

Keep at it!
Kids today, have it easy... Trust me...

Great session!!! Stupid question time, though... What is a "fire hydrant"...?

Got in touch with the promoter for the may 9th event.I gotta sign up early next week.He is also trating everyone including attendees (Mr Dead,wife) to Prime rib dinner..NOW THAT IS A GOOD FIRST MEET!

Cool!!! Just keep your mindest where you know it needs to be, and you'll do awesome... Why am I hungry all of a sudden...?

mcbeast
03-27-09, 3:11 pm
Fir Hydrant-think of a dog lifting his leg to piss.Imagine how my inner thign feels after doing that 100 times.

I am STILL sore from my last squat day.Todays run was great.I stayed in front of the formation.Even got ballsy,ran ahead dropped to do pushups and then earned the guide on ( till it was later taken back).Our run was up in the hills.It was rough.It hurt like hell.But im proud of myself for not droppin back when the pain kicked in (i hate running,will do anything to get out!) NOT ANYMORE...Time to push myself in all i do,not just the gym.That is my KEY to success.

Phil800101
03-27-09, 5:17 pm
Fir Hydrant-think of a dog lifting his leg to piss.Imagine how my inner thign feels after doing that 100 times.

I am STILL sore from my last squat day.Todays run was great.I stayed in front of the formation.Even got ballsy,ran ahead dropped to do pushups and then earned the guide on ( till it was later taken back).Our run was up in the hills.It was rough.It hurt like hell.But im proud of myself for not droppin back when the pain kicked in (i hate running,will do anything to get out!) NOT ANYMORE...Time to push myself in all i do,not just the gym.That is my KEY to success.

Awesome bro! That is badass. Hell yeah, right on!

mcbeast
03-28-09, 8:05 pm
In a Rush,here it is.Also met Mr.O today and got some free supps.

3/27

Bench-Bar,135x10 185x3 225x3 270x5x2
Strict Ohp-Barx10 135,155x5 185x1
Pushpress-205x1 225x2-Played it safe started hurting
Floor Press-225x3x5-3 diff grips
Pressdowns N Curls for the wife

T o m m Y
03-28-09, 11:34 pm
Good Shit Buddy!

need2getBIG
03-29-09, 1:16 pm
looking good bro! lol come on the pushdowns werent that bad they help bench

need2getBIG
03-29-09, 1:23 pm

The only reason those pretty boys can do more pushups than you is because thats all they do,and then they wonder why theyre not as big as you!

Phil800101
03-29-09, 1:54 pm
Solid session Eddie, nice work! Keep it up.

You met Mr. O, eh? Cool. Free supps are always a great thing.

mcbeast
03-29-09, 5:43 pm
The Ugly.The Good.The Bad

3/29

Squats-barx10 135x10 185x3 225x3 275x1 315x1 365x5x2-loose belt/sleeves

Deads 155x3 245x3 335x1 445x2,1/1,1/1

The Ugly-Get all amped up about setting Pr's,get to the gym.The weightroom is closed due to electrictiy problems."flickering lights".Think i wouldve given 2 shits?

The Good-Get to the soldiers field house.Begin to worry cause there is no chalk,& my idiotic self didnt thinkg to bring mine.I get under the bar.Everything feels light.Every single 365 was below paralell.Struggled a tad last 2 sets,but it went golden.I was tempted to throw on 30 more #'s to beat zanders pr,but there is time..soon enough.

The Bad.Deadlifts.No chalk.What the heck was i gonna do? I grinded my hands on the grittiest bars,and still grip was bad.The first set of 445 was okay.The 2nd n 3rd i had to stop n regrip after the 1st rep.I decided to call it quits.Live to fight another day.

On a side note-On my first pull with 445 my shoulder pulled,real hard.It was on my overhand grip side.Doesnt hurt as much now.Anyhow.More pain coming along this week.

And remember,if you have your own chalk BRING IT

zanderfever
03-29-09, 6:01 pm
Every single 365 was below paralell.Struggled a tad last 2 sets,but it went golden.I was tempted to throw on 30 more #'s to beat zanders pr,but there is time..soon enough.

hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!!!!!!

Phil800101
03-30-09, 2:31 am
Killer session bro! Adapt and overcome is the name of the game.

need2getBIG
03-30-09, 11:53 am
sorry about the gym having problems bro,glad you found a way yo overcome it

mcbeast
03-30-09, 10:14 pm
Killer session bro! Adapt and overcome is the name of the game.

Again,thats why its on my back!

Cgb tommorow & some upper assistance.

J Wong
03-30-09, 10:42 pm
Nice work, I HATE not having chalk.

mcbeast
03-30-09, 10:44 pm
Nice work, I HATE not having chalk.

Yep.It was at my house.Ohwell,i shall seek my revenge this sunday.

Firedrake
03-30-09, 10:46 pm
I'd love to have a gym where I could frickin' USE chalk . . . good work, anyway!

mcbeast
03-30-09, 10:49 pm
I'd love to have a gym where I could frickin' USE chalk . . . good work, anyway!

Homegym,eh?

I was dissapointed.Ohwell,i hit great squats.So i wasnt too angry..

Mizzarler
03-30-09, 11:23 pm
nice squatting e, you will def be sore tom

mcbeast
03-31-09, 3:35 pm
nice squatting e, you will def be sore tom

Ha.Sore i am.But i think 405 might really do the trick.2 weeks!

mcbeast
03-31-09, 9:51 pm
3/31

Close Grip-Bar 135 185x10 225x6 245,255,260x3 225x3,185x10 paused

Wide Grip Pulldowns-190x10 210x6 225x4

Barbell Rows-135x15 225x10,10

Raises,Abs.

Well,i met Phillip Arroyo today.Hes a powerlifter,sponsored by titan.Him N' Ken Anderson arr buddies or something as well.Anyway,he trains alot of guys.First off,he works out at my ballys a few times a week,and this is the first time i saw him.I saw 315 on bar in the squat rack,and a hefty guy so immediately walked over and introduced myself.Lol.We talked over my weight,stats etc.He really knows his stuff.He trains in alot of gear.Not my style,at least not for awhile.(Yeah,im the next rapstar).Anyways he didnt really give me any pointers,lol.There was a personal trainer at ballys he trained last year and brought his bench from a raw 270 to a shirted 420.He competed 198.I didnt think too much of it tho.But i did meet the guy.He knows his shit,but didnt seem to take much of an interest in me.He said he doesnt really compete anymore,but he will be judging at my meet in may.It got me kinda nervous,haha.Back to the training,he says hes got equipment at his house,and him n some guys train there n then cookout n stuff.He doesnt live too far from me either.Bout 20 mins at the most.I guess it was kindve a relief to meet another powerlifter,but at the same time i didnt want to just outright ask to train with him.Im not like that,social and stuff.Ha! If i do well enough at the meet tho and he sees i got potential,he might take me under his wing? Who knows what the future will bring.It would be a pretty cool experience tho.

But,to todays training.Im getting stronger & leaner,and bigger.How? -shrugs shoulders-.I can tell my intensity & weights going up,I can see im a bit thicker,my wife said i was thicker n leaner.Creatine affect? Hm! 260x3 wasnt hard enough.Tommorow is speed deads,possibly some assistance.This weekend will be freaky.Way more then this past weekend.Guaran damn tee it!

Phil800101
04-01-09, 2:49 am
Killer session ee! Simple, efficient, and effective...good stuff. That's cool about the other PLers.

need2getBIG
04-01-09, 12:06 pm
Your always welcome to come to texas and train with me and my training partner lol but i know thatll be awhile haha glad you found a fellow powerlifter! GOOD FUCKIN WORK!

dominate77
04-01-09, 1:00 pm
great job bro, squats are looking really good and your closegrip is crazy strong

mcbeast
04-01-09, 3:22 pm
Thanks for the replies.I might be skippin the speed dl session today.Busy all night with Dr stufff & wifey.Tommorow would be risking sundays workout.We shall see.

mcbeast
04-02-09, 3:25 pm
Thinking alot about life,and furthering my education & future career,etc.Heres what i have down so far.

Pending on the Job Market:Firefighter,or County Sherrif.Ill take the test for both,whoever accepts me first,im down.Ive always aspired to be either one,so the choice is up to me.I would enjoy em both.I can try and get back at fedex,or if i can get into the ironworkers in the meantime ie hiring process,etc.

As far as schooling,i need to go talk to a counselor here on post.I want/need to start accruing some credits.I know i want to major in exercise science.When i get out i can finish my last 2 years of it over at Rutgers.

Also interested in getting ems,and a pt certification.Seeing what the army can do to pay for that as well.

Just my thoughts..

If the gym opens early enough/breakfast lasts long enough i might be goin to old country buffet for pwo breakfast w/wifey.(who is starting her training this week,under my instruction :).MMM french toast.

need2getBIG
04-02-09, 3:27 pm
Good luck with your future bro,ive been thinking alot aswell,training the wifey are we? badass bro,my little lady squats 225 not far above parallel lol

mcbeast
04-02-09, 3:30 pm
Good luck with your future bro,ive been thinking alot aswell,training the wifey are we? badass bro,my little lady squats 225 not far above parallel lol

Ha,i think my wife will be just fine with the bar for some time..

need2getBIG
04-02-09, 3:49 pm
lol thats better than a 25 bro

Mr. Dead
04-02-09, 3:50 pm
Great to see that you're going to take advantage of the opportunities available, and looking to the future...

J Wong
04-02-09, 3:54 pm
I've been looking into being a cop or a firefighter as well. Hard decision.

mcbeast
04-02-09, 8:39 pm
lol thats better than a 25 bro

You said 225.

mcbeast
I've been looking into being a cop or a firefighter as well. Hard decision.

Neither will take you with hair that long ;)

Yes it is a rough one.Where do you live?

mcbeast
Great to see that you're going to take advantage of the opportunities available, and looking to the future...

Indeed!

mcbeast
04-02-09, 8:44 pm
Forgot to mention!

500 pushups.

Heres how it worked.Take your max number of pushups and -15 from that.For instance,mine is 70,(but i said 65).So the goal is to do those pushups in 5 mins.Sounds easy right? Now when that 5 mins is up,you start another set.Get it? So say by set 5 it takes you 3.5 mins to do all the pushups,you only have 1.5 mins to rest.

This was not for the faint of heart.

Afterwards we did 1,2,1,.30,.30 of pushups.Then went in a circle and everyone chose an ab exercise to do for 30 seconds.Bundles of fun! Not gonna lie,i had to drop and push from my knees a few times during pushing..

J Wong
04-02-09, 9:59 pm
Neither will take you with hair that long ;)

Yes it is a rough one.Where do you live?

SW Florida. I am gonna get a haircut eventually!

Mizzarler
04-02-09, 10:14 pm
nice cg...wish i could train w/ some1 like that..thats awesome i work out by myself about 95% of the time lol and i've been thinking of becoming a firefighter as well....

zanderfever
04-02-09, 11:23 pm
If the gym opens early enough/breakfast lasts long enough i might be goin to old country buffet for pwo breakfast w/wifey.(who is starting her training this week,under my instruction :).MMM french toast.

Can't wait to hear how this goes. I think I may just have to call her and hear all the bad things you made her do :P

Forgot to mention!

500 pushups.

Heres how it worked.Take your max number of pushups and -15 from that.For instance,mine is 70,(but i said 65).So the goal is to do those pushups in 5 mins.Sounds easy right? Now when that 5 mins is up,you start another set.Get it? So say by set 5 it takes you 3.5 mins to do all the pushups,you only have 1.5 mins to rest.

Afterwards we did 1,2,1,.30,.30 of pushups.Then went in a circle and everyone chose an ab exercise to do for 30 seconds.Bundles of fun! Not gonna lie,i had to drop and push from my knees a few times during pushing..

Ow...

Phil800101
04-03-09, 3:36 pm
Thinking alot about life,and furthering my education & future career,etc.Heres what i have down so far.

Pending on the Job Market:Firefighter,or County Sherrif.Ill take the test for both,whoever accepts me first,im down.Ive always aspired to be either one,so the choice is up to me.I would enjoy em both.I can try and get back at fedex,or if i can get into the ironworkers in the meantime ie hiring process,etc.

As far as schooling,i need to go talk to a counselor here on post.I want/need to start accruing some credits.I know i want to major in exercise science.When i get out i can finish my last 2 years of it over at Rutgers.

Also interested in getting ems,and a pt certification.Seeing what the army can do to pay for that as well.

Just my thoughts..

Sounds good my man. That is awesome that she is going to start training.

Forgot to mention!

500 pushups.

That sounds really fucking brutal. When I was in the pre-Army (ROTC) in college, we had a few brutal PT sessions (non-stop grass drills for 60 minutes, etc) but never anything as intense as that.

mcbeast
04-03-09, 7:01 pm
Love the Pain! Hoo-AH (Not really)

Im not as sore as i thought i would be.My lats are sore,wth? Chest is a bit tight so are tri's.Tommorow will be pain! Im lookin at 280x3x2 on the bench 225+x3x5 on pushpress and about the same for floor presses..well see what happens!

mcbeast
04-03-09, 7:30 pm
Well,the meet is coming soon.I have one month left to prepare.4 serious workout weekends.Heres my problem.Im nervous as hell.Maybe more then i should be.Its not helping,that if i do this meet i will also be putting myself further down the financial drain.Ontop of all that,im weak as fuck.

My heads spinning.I will probably stare at the entry form all night.

What to do.what to do..

I also barely understand all this talk.& how to fill this thing out..this is miserable..

need2getBIG
04-03-09, 7:39 pm
Well,the meet is coming soon.I have one month left to prepare.4 serious workout weekends.Heres my problem.Im nervous as hell.Maybe more then i should be.Its not helping,that if i do this meet i will also be putting myself further down the financial drain.Ontop of all that,im weak as fuck.

What to do.what to do..

I also barely understand all this talk.& how to fill this thing out..this is miserable..

bro trust me,everyone gets nervouse,its a powerlifting meet,big weight big dudes,just take your time,prepare the best you can,and all will go well.

machineman
04-03-09, 7:56 pm
great work, e.....

Mizzarler
04-03-09, 11:15 pm
i wont lose any strength or size trust me...right now i work for my moms business in a warehouse moving/shipping/loading boxes...fun right? lol

Phil800101
04-04-09, 12:39 am

What to do.what to do..

bro trust me,everyone gets nervouse,its a powerlifting meet,big weight big dudes,just take your time,prepare the best you can,and all will go well.

Agreed. It's totally natural bro. I think most if not all of us are nervous to some degree before any competition of any type. I think it's kinda like swimming in a cold lake, you just have to dive in and take the plunge...

mcbeast
04-04-09, 5:14 pm
Negative News-No meet May 9th.

Positive News-TODAY

4/4

What was originally thought to be a terrible day..

Bench- Bar,135x10 185,225,245x3 285x3x2*300x2+1fail**315x1***

Pushpress-135 185x5 225x3
Strict Ohp-135x14

Floor Press 135x3x10x3 diff grips 245x3x3x3 diff grips

Curls 5 sets
Light Pressdowns

Wow..That was my best 315.Ever.5 Prs today.I know i got 325 in me.I just wanted to play it safe.Stop while i was ahead.Im amazed by my flawless form.The 300 beat the hell outta me.But I think i learned by big wides that its all mental..so i went for that 315,wether i failed it or not,i grabbed my balls and went for it..Im impressed with myself.

Tommorow Squat.Will this be a Weekend of Pr's?!

Off to the buffet,i think i deserved it :)
Dogpark later,cardio!

J Wong
04-04-09, 5:20 pm
Awesome work. Why no meet though?

mcbeast
04-04-09, 7:03 pm
Awesome work. Why no meet though?

Personal & Financial reasons.

shizz702
04-04-09, 7:21 pm
Fucking awesome pressing Eddie! Those are some sick pr's!

mcbeast
04-04-09, 7:26 pm
Going to make a few changes in the routine until i find something new to do.

For My big 3 i will be doing triples till fail.Then singles.Kinda like westside?
Will add more speed work.Explosive work as well.Clap pushups,box jumps.
Will cut my DE days a bit.Focus on fewer exercises,and rotate them weekly.
Also,i dont want to ever end up the cliche old powerlifter.A big old chunky! So,need to throw in a bit more cardio in the mix.Even tho i run 3x a week with the army,ha.I want to stay somewhat athletic.

Here we go..

mcbeast
04-04-09, 7:27 pm
Fucking awesome pressing Eddie! Those are some sick pr's!

Thanks shiz.I swear i had another one in me on that 315.But,played it safe while i was ahead.Ill send you the vid via phone,if you can accept vids (& give me ur number)

Phil800101
04-05-09, 4:43 am
Awesome session my man, congrats on the PRs! You really killed it bro. Sounds like a plan with the routine changes.

Big Wides
04-05-09, 11:42 am
Negative News-No meet May 9th.

Positive News-TODAY

4/4

What was originally thought to be a terrible day..

Bench- Bar,135x10 185,225,245x3 285x3x2*300x2+1fail**315x1***

Pushpress-135 185x5 225x3
Strict Ohp-135x14

Floor Press 135x3x10x3 diff grips 245x3x3x3 diff grips

Curls 5 sets
Light Pressdowns

Wow..That was my best 315.Ever.5 Prs today.I know i got 325 in me.I just wanted to play it safe.Stop while i was ahead.Im amazed by my flawless form.The 300 beat the hell outta me.But I think i learned by big wides that its all mental..so i went for that 315,wether i failed it or not,i grabbed my balls and went for it..Im impressed with myself.

Tommorow Squat.Will this be a Weekend of Pr's?!

Off to the buffet,i think i deserved it :)
Dogpark later,cardio!

Soild work bro, in this game it does take a lot of mental strength and physical to do what we do. Glad to see that your gaining soild strength and the weights from what it seems are getting lighter for you. Keep it up

prowrestler
04-05-09, 11:53 am
very good day man

mcbeast
04-05-09, 6:14 pm
4/5

Squats 135,185,225x10 275,315x3 385,390,395,405x2 415x1 315x10

Deads 155,245,335x3 475x1 485x0

If its in bold.Its a Pr.Times are changing.There is much more to be done.I will not quit.

I had 20 in the tank for squats.Didnt go with it,cause wanted to be alright for deads.Mind you my form is unmistakeable.Ive got the vids,and Mr.Dead to back that up.Form first.Weight later.

I put the knee sleeves&belt on at 385.Took it off for 315x10.Belt was loose until the 405.

12 Pr's in 2 days.The intensity will rise.You ready?

If you become satisfied,you become obsolete.

J Wong
04-05-09, 6:15 pm
good shit, awesome squat PRS. would 485 DL have been a PR?

mcbeast
04-05-09, 6:17 pm
good shit, awesome squat PRS. would 485 DL have been a PR?

Ive hit 495x3 & 535x1 on deads.Had 2 back injuries since.Fresh im probably capable of 500.I was ina rush as well,home matters to attend to..My problem is i cant decide sumo or conv for the deadlift.My 535 was Conv.

zanderfever
04-05-09, 9:01 pm
12 Pr's in 2 days.The intensity will rise.You ready?

Ooooh! Oooh! I'm ready! I'm ready! *jumps up and down happily*