PDA

View Full Version : I am sickened.

JeremyT
11-20-08, 6:30 pm
I know that many of you have accounts on Bodybuilding.com. I frequent that site quite often, but as of today, will be doing so a lot less. I'm sure how many of you know this, but a young guy of only 15 years of age committed suicide by being egged on by the members of this site. This happened yesterday. They just sat there and watched as a kid killed himself. Though occurrences like like this are common on the internet, usually they are on sites of a far lower caliber. The member's name was CandyJunkie, or Abraham in real life.

If you don't believe me, I urge you to go and look in the 'misc' section of that forum, and read the stickies. Even a moderator on that site, "roxie" was said to have been egging him on.

I thank god that this forum has mature individuals who actually care about others, and do not egg them onto their death.

Forgive me if this is in the incorrect section, or does not comply with "being above the fray". But I feel, in someone's death, something must be said.

That is all gentlemen,

Jeremy

PS. RIP CandyJunkie

shizz702
11-20-08, 6:37 pm
I know that many of you have accounts on Bodybuilding.com. I frequent that site quite often, but as of today, will be doing so a lot less. I'm sure how many of you know this, but a young guy of only 15 years of age committed suicide by being egged on by the members of this site. This happened yesterday. They just sat there and watched as a kid killed himself. Though occurrences like like this are common on the internet, usually they are on sites of a far lower caliber. The member's name was CandyJunkie, or Abraham in real life.

If you don't believe me, I urge you to go and look in the 'misc' section of that forum, and read the stickies. Even a moderator on that site, "roxie" was said to have been egging him on.

I thank god that this forum has mature individuals who actually care about others, and do not egg them onto their death.

Forgive me if this is in the incorrect section, or does not comply with "being above the fray". But I feel, in someone's death, something must be said.

That is all gentlemen,

Jeremy

PS. RIP CandyJunkie

wow that is crazy! I'm trying to look into it right now but ironically, go figure, there site is down at the moment.

V Man
11-20-08, 7:06 pm
RIP Candy junkie. God bless.

feels grim reading this. There really isnt any point getting angry about the fuckers that egged him on though as we cant reverse anything now. The damage is done.

futurefreak101
11-20-08, 7:12 pm
that site is a fucking shit hole (serious) especially the misc section... most of the people on there dont even take their shit seriously just a bunch of dumb asses who go around negging people.....im banned for 4 months and i aint going back...im staying on this site..its much better..and yea im talking shit because hearing something like that is fucked up...and a mod egging him on ? roxie? i know her..thats fucked up...patheitic.......................R.I.P.

TylerC
11-20-08, 7:15 pm
the guy was 19

i spent about 3 hours reading every thread about that incident.

A shame.

futurefreak101
11-20-08, 7:17 pm
i cant get on the site for some reason...are they going to face a lawsuit? and how did he commit suicide?

shizz702
11-20-08, 7:17 pm
that site is a fucking shit hole (serious) most of the people on there dont even take their shit seriously...im banned for 4 months and i aint going back...im staying on this site..its much better..and yea im talking shit because hearing something like that is fucked up...and a mod egging him on ? roxie? i know her..thats fucked up...patheitic.......................R.I.P.

I only lurk that board once in a while and have never even bothered to sign up, cause I can tell it's nothing but a bunch of flaming, newb this and pwned that type shit. I would rather hang out here where people are serious about this game and here to help one another. Notice how there is rarely ever an argument or any kind of confrontation here?

Truly is a tragedy that someone actually took their life over that shit.

futurefreak101
11-20-08, 7:20 pm
I only lurk that board once in a while and have never even bothered to sign up, cause I can tell it's nothing but a bunch of flaming, newb this and pwned that type shit. I would rather hang out here where people are serious about this game and here to help one another. Notice how there is rarely ever an argument or any kind of confrontation here?

Truly is a tragedy that someone actually took their life over that shit.

yea dude thats fuked....i hope they get sued up the ass for having a mod egg the kid on as well...that really is pathetic...honestly.

shizz702
11-20-08, 7:21 pm
Here's a link regarding the situation http://www.newcougar.org/forums/lounge/130691-kid-commits-suicide-live-bb-com.html

Giant Killer
11-20-08, 7:45 pm
Watch what you post here brothers. A man's life has been taken. How we conduct ourselves affects our own legacy. Remember how we operate at the Forvm, with honor and respect, both for individuals, companies, and other bodybuilding forums.

It is truly a tragedy and to speak of it is painful.

Ricky P
11-20-08, 7:52 pm
This is a very sensitive topic. I must warn one thing to all our members: Be very careful what you're writing here. No one knows first hand right now what happened, and if the case may be that this young kid lost his life, my prayers go out to his family. But let's be very careful to not turn this into a rumor posting thread about something we don't know much about. Let's hear everything out before we start posting what we "think" we've heard. Show your respect, but let's leave it at that fellas.

rev8ball
11-20-08, 8:04 pm
This is a very sensitive topic. I must warn one thing to all our members: Be very careful what you're writing here. No one knows first hand right now what happened, and if the case may be that this young kid lost his life, my prayers go out to his family. But let's be very careful to not turn this into a rumor posting thread about something we don't know much about. Let's hear everything out before we start posting what we "think" we've heard. Show your respect, but let's leave it at that fellas.

Dittos. If this happened the way it has been said, then it is a real tragedy. Realize that words mean things; keep him and his family in your prayers, and move on.....

Psycho77
11-20-08, 8:04 pm
RIP Candy junkie