PDA

View Full Version : Traing roundtime for ready to work for UPS

v8ftmfw
11-21-08, 12:29 am
I just apply at UPS working at packet handler, this is what they require.

""UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.""

I can pick up 70lb without problem, but I dont know I can do it for 5 hours stray ?? here what I think I should do, read and please give me more advise.

Eat a big meal and take animal pak before head to work, eat peanut butter sandwich and drink proteins shake when ever I can. I dont know if i can take animal pump before head to work, I want something that keep me have energy thru 5 hours.

Here what I been working at the gym, continue pick up 70lb barbell and walk cross the gym and come back, do 10 round and take 2 min break, and keep pick up 70lb and walk cross the room continue for 45 min.

what you guy think ? I just apply application online at ups.com and I hope they hire me, cause I really need a job.

prowrestler
11-21-08, 2:56 am

""UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.""

I can pick up 70lb without problem, but I dont know I can do it for 5 hours stray ?? here what I think I should do, read and please give me more advise.

Eat a big meal and take animal pak before head to work, eat peanut butter sandwich and drink proteins shake when ever I can. I dont know if i can take animal pump before head to work, I want something that keep me have energy thru 5 hours.

Here what I been working at the gym, continue pick up 70lb barbell and walk cross the gym and come back, do 10 round and take 2 min break, and keep pick up 70lb and walk cross the room continue for 45 min.

what you guy think ? I just apply application online at ups.com and I hope they hire me, cause I really need a job.

lol

ok, just keep with your normal gym schedule, dont let that control it

jeff00z28
11-21-08, 4:28 am
not to be negative but UPS blows. if u rly need the benefits they provide i guess u can suck it up. but the job blows i would look for somethign else if i were u

smith06
11-21-08, 9:15 am
I had a buddy work at UPS all through college. He was in no way, shape, or form in shape. If I were you I wouldn't worry about this too much. It might take a week to get used to then you'll be fine. Trust me if my buddy could hack it 9/10 8th grade girls wouldn't have trouble.

shizz702
11-21-08, 9:21 am

Bro 5 hours ain't shit, I work for Budweiser and lift heavy cases for 10 hours a day. If I can do that surely you can do this for 5 hours. Persides it's only part time. You got to do what you got to do man.

Also the 70 lbs is just the maximum amount one has to be able to lift, my company also requires you must be able to lift 70 lbs but rarely do I ever have to lift anything that heavy. On average you'll probably be lifting 20 lb packages so I wouldn't worry.

Aggression
11-21-08, 10:02 am
Just keep your normal regime for working out. After 2 weeks of UPS-type lifting, you'll be fine. Like anything, it'll take some time to adjust, but after that, you'll be fine. Plus, barbells and dumbbells have a different ''weight'' to them then packages because of their size and dimensions. Just do your normal shit.

v8ftmfw
11-21-08, 11:24 am
Thanks for all the rely. I stick with my normal rountin.