PDA

View Full Version : Extreme headaches while working out?

Junkie2
11-21-08, 3:24 pm
I am currently doing a 20x squat routine and to say the least, its intense. I hit the gym and do a warmup set, followed by my straight 20.

After the 20 reps is done, i have an insane headache. It feels like i popped veins in my head. Has anyone experienced this? I am lifting a lot of weight for 20x reps, the way the workout calls for, causing me to almost collapse on the floor after the last rep.

Is this normal?

k1usa
11-21-08, 3:36 pm
bro ....dont fuck with this....go to the doc...have them look at your skull bro...never second guess this shit bro....

v8ftmfw
11-21-08, 4:50 pm
what do you take for your body ? is this happent every time you go to the gym ? if this happent every time you at the gym then you need see your doctor. and if you say you put alot weight on it, then mabe try to do light weight, see if the pain come back.

Mizzarler
11-21-08, 5:06 pm
i do 20 rep squats and i feel like im gonna puke but not a crazy headache, do you take som sort of nitric oxide before you lift, taking to much can cause major heachaches that happened to me, if not i agree with k1, you should see a doctor

sanga
11-21-08, 5:47 pm
Are you holding your breath too much, this could be the reason.

First I`d go to the doctor and get it checked out.

Then if all clear then I`d concentrate on my breathing while squatting, get someone experienced to watch you do your 20 rep set and comment on your breathing, it may just be that simple.

funkybass52
11-21-08, 6:06 pm
you may have put stress on the vertebrae in your neck and one slipped outta place. i know i have had this happen and i go to a chiropractor and get adjusted and it goes away. i think a disc gets outta whack and cuts off blood flow?

jeff00z28
11-21-08, 6:30 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCFNRnS1tM0

BricksAndStones
11-21-08, 7:58 pm
I'm guessing that if it's nothing medically serious that you're probably holding your breath while you squat. I had that same problem too when I first started lifting for football, and let me tell you, it sucked. I almost passed out once. Finally my coach told me what I was during wrong and once I started breathing while I lifted my problems were solved. But echoing everyone else most def get checked out by a doctor first. Could be something serious.

TylerC
11-22-08, 3:28 pm
i think its your breathing as well

but just so you would know what else it could be. Are you drinking enough water? A ton of headaches are called by dehydration, and working out hard (sweating a lot) could cause this to worsen.

Junkie2
11-22-08, 6:33 pm
If it happens on Monday then I am going to the doctor.

I drink purple wrath intraworkout followed by torrent right afterwords.... along with a gallon of milk a day. I definitely get enough fluids in me.

MightyMouse666
11-25-08, 1:43 pm
It could be a neck strain... It sounds extremely similar (if not exactly the same) to what happened to me before. It was one of the worst pains ever, felt like my head was being crushed in a vice, I almost passed out.

Anyway, I basically took a week off, and then for the next couple weeks, whenever it would start to get tight (usually doing high reps), I would just stop doing what I was doing, and let it rest for a few minutes before doing another set. I went to the doc's when it happened, they suggested it was just a neck strain. I took their advice and it's all set now. Every now and again it wont feel right, so I'll just train cautious when that's the case.

zanderfever
11-25-08, 2:32 pm
This happens to me all the time. After my Squat workout my head is killing me, i've popped a few blood vessels in my eye (currently 1/4 of visible eye has blood in it) my head kills me, and i am unable to do simple math. its part of the workout. I dont stress about it. Just be sure to sleep more, breathe right, and you'll be fine.

Junkie2
11-25-08, 4:59 pm
This happens to me all the time. After my Squat workout my head is killing me, i've popped a few blood vessels in my eye (currently 1/4 of visible eye has blood in it) my head kills me, and i am unable to do simple math. its part of the workout. I dont stress about it. Just be sure to sleep more, breathe right, and you'll be fine.

Yeah, thats how I feel.

20x225 squat/deadlift tomorrow... cant wait...

zanderfever
11-25-08, 9:59 pm
Yeah, thats how I feel.

20x225 squat/deadlift tomorrow... cant wait...

Nice. Enjoy.

BamBam
11-26-08, 12:59 am
Breathe...

IN IRON,
BB-

JJRiel
11-26-08, 9:14 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=14559
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=5243
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4457&highlight=headache

i had the same prob, most likely from over-straining myself.

still might wanna get it checked out if it persists.