PDA

View Full Version : Torrent's mix of Protein & Waxy Maize

al77
11-23-08, 1:09 am
I believe waxy maize is suppose to be taken seperately from protein powders to hopefully not slow any of the digestion of the Waxy? And then the protein powder 15-30 min later.

simpleguy
11-23-08, 3:01 am
nah it's cool to have them together... the high molecular weight of the waxy-maize will 'shuttle' the protein, aminos and creatine in your muscle cells, so you need them to be in your system kinda at the same time... if anything, it's a matter of minutes, it's not much of a difference whether it's taken with protein or without

Pizzalamp
11-23-08, 10:46 am
I believe waxy maize is suppose to be taken seperately from protein powders to hopefully not slow any of the digestion of the Waxy? And then the protein powder 15-30 min later.

thats the way i like to do it
i take my waxy maize w/ bcaa post workout...then like 30 mins later when the waxy is fully digested, i take whey isolate...and the whey is instantly absorbed by my body
or thats at least what the big guys tell me

Universal Rep
11-25-08, 11:20 am

It's what I do, and it's similar to what I do with ffAA... Take 'em separately. So, I'll take Torrent first, immediately PWO, then follow up with something else--could be a whey protein shake, or whatever. For me, it's a whole food meal. In the big picture, it's it gonna make that much diff if ya mix whey with the Torrent? Nah... I'm just a stickler for details, that's all.

Enforcer
11-25-08, 11:48 am
It's what I do, and it's similar to what I do with ffAA... Take 'em separately. So, I'll take Torrent first, immediately PWO, then follow up with something else--could be a whey protein shake, or whatever. For me, it's a whole food meal. In the big picture, it's it gonna make that much diff if ya mix whey with the Torrent? Nah... I'm just a stickler for details, that's all.

It's what I do as well. I take my Torrent immediately postworkout and then 15 minutes later I have a 1/2 serving of Real Gains.

joe-yamma
11-25-08, 12:00 pm
It's what I do as well. I take my Torrent immediately postworkout and then 15 minutes later I have a 1/2 serving of Real Gains.i do similar...
Torrent immed post-wo, protein shake (usually WPI) about 15 mins later, whole food meal about 15 mins after that.
i feel my recovery has been better from this.

simpleguy
11-25-08, 12:58 pm

true, but he was asking about waxy maize and whey at the same time, and torrent has both, that was my point...

naturalguy
11-25-08, 1:05 pm

The protein in Torrent is not regular protein, it's hydrolyzed whey which also gets absorbed fast, even faster than free form amino's.

al77
11-26-08, 12:14 am
The protein in Torrent is not regular protein, it's hydrolyzed whey which also gets absorbed fast, even faster than free form amino's.

Still, whether its hydrolyzed or not, does it effect the speed of the waxy?

naturalguy
11-26-08, 8:41 am
Still, whether its hydrolyzed or not, does it effect the speed of the waxy?

It should not as the hydro whey requires little to no digestion.

joe-yamma
11-26-08, 9:33 am
I believe waxy maize is suppose to be taken seperately from protein powders to hopefully not slow any of the digestion of the Waxy? And then the protein powder 15-30 min later.i've never heard this before.
also, as others have said, the protein in Torrent is hydrolyzed whey, which is absorbed even faster than free form amino acids (that's pretty damn fast).

here is an excerpt from another website, which is from a very knowledgable expert in the industry, and probably the simplest explanation i've heard regarding wms...

Dextrose can be considered a simple sugar and waxy maize (amylase) starch is a high molecular weight carbohydrate. Waxy maize is 100x bigger than maltodextrin, 300x bigger than dextrose, and it moves through the stomach 80% faster than either dextrose or maltodextrin. Because of the speed with which it’s absorbed, waxy maize spikes insulin to the same degree as glucose. Aside from the obvious advantage of less stomach bloating, you may be wondering what the real advantage of this designer carbohydrate is.
Here's a simple analogy: Imagine you're swimming in the ocean and a cruise ship passes by. The sheer weight of the ship displacing all that water will cause a vacuum that’ll, very effectively, suck you into the wake of the boat. Now imagine that you're swimming in the water and a jet ski passes by. In comparison to the cruise ship, the jet ski barely weighs more than you do and, consequently, won't affect your position in the water. Similar to the cruise ship, waxy maize starch (because of its sheer size) pulls water--as well as any other nutrient (amino acids, creatine, or glutamine) that’s present-- into the blood stream and, ultimately, into the muscle cells where they can be used for muscle growth and repair.

J-Dawg
11-28-08, 1:43 pm
It should not as the hydro whey requires little to no digestion.

Di-, tri-, and oligio-peptides ftw...

futilekyle
11-28-08, 2:55 pm
I think your getting slightly too anal about the absorption, if your eating right, taking torrent and a whey shake a little later, your gonna go grow

TheDarkHalf
12-01-08, 11:20 am
I've been torrent loading (1 serving pre, 2 servings intra) followed by a whey shake and nitro 15-20mins PWO and a solid meal 30-40 mins after that