PDA

View Full Version : Lifting outside in the winter.

BazP07
11-24-08, 8:09 am
Hey guys.

Hope you are all well.

I am getting back into shifting some iron in the hope of adding some mass to my out of shape body! Only problem is I am limited to equipment so will be solely focusing on compound exercises for mass. Here is my routine I devised...

Monday - Chest/Back.

5 x 8-12 pushups.
5 x 8-12 dead lifts.
5 x 8-12 barbell rows.

Wednesday - Arms/Shoulders.

5 x 8-12 close grip barbell curls.
5 x 8-12 hammer curls.
5 x 8-12 front military press.
5 x 8-12 dumbell shoulder presses.

Friday - Legs/Abs.

5 x 8-12 squats.
5 x 8-12 leg raises.

I have no access to a bench which is the real pain but also I will be performing my workout outside in what is a very cold winter in the UK.
Could I please pick your brains as to if this is advisable and if this looks like a decent enough routine.

Many Thanks!

naturalguy
11-24-08, 8:57 am
Why do you have to do this workout outside?

BazP07
11-24-08, 9:06 am
I could perform this inside in my room but am limited to space so outside would perhaps be more beneficial.

Tiny
11-24-08, 4:28 pm
I could perform this inside in my room but am limited to space so outside would perhaps be more beneficial.

Bro, I have trained outside in all weather - beneath the scortching sun and other days when I had to brush snow off the equipment. But ya need some kind of bench - I think. Make a fuckin bench out of wood. Even if you have no means of devising anything to safely hold a weight bar, you can make basically a box from wood that you can support yourself upon to do flat dumbell presses or flyes and such. Build a bench or scavange an old cabinet of some kind. It can be done - been there.

DayDream
11-25-08, 6:09 am
Or you could get a gym membership?

Latimer316
11-25-08, 6:26 pm
Outside like garage or outside w/no roof? Either way man I've been in the same conditions as Tiny and you'll get out what you put into it no matter the whether. Just get a lil more warmed up than u usually would. Good luck

cyrin203
12-02-08, 9:23 pm
If the temperature is tolerable, then hey why not?

mritter3
12-02-08, 9:27 pm
hey man if you can bear the cold more power to yah, that is animal all the way!!

rocky36
12-03-08, 1:48 am
watch rocky 4 and do everything he does in his training . you will be a beast haha

rocky36
12-03-08, 1:58 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AemCeiuI_k

MVP
12-03-08, 2:40 am
Bench presses are the king of upper body exercises. Weighted push ups aren't bad either.

Working out outside in this weather shows courage, hunger, consistency, and enthusiasm.

I respect you lad.